Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LE research actions

Quote Originally Posted by Banishedsoul View Post
    Well him gaining skills is purely client side. As he posted in his vanished thread (not me) it was fixed by zoning (that bugged something else tho :P)
    Did you try to zone while the proc was running? maybe it would update correctly as drained then?

Also did you guys test this on live or the Test Server?

When I was testing the drains the other day both "worked".. well gave an effect anyway.. But drained me instead of the npc.
    This was on live, just after servers came up from the patch.

I didn't zone while the debuff showed in my ncu.

Its possible that I actually was debuffed, while my skills showed higher than normal. I don't think I was debuffed at any time though, since I didn't find any actions I can normally do unbuffed that I couldn't do with -136 in my NCU. Neither did I actually get buffed - I wasn't able to do things that my skill window said I had plenty of skill to do - equip a salabim or cast AP.

The procs draining you instead of your target is the same behavior they always had. We can look at this as a step in the right direction, since they at least stopped nerfing us into oblivion . .. but this isn't exactly the kind of positive change I'm looking for!
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Hmm, what does this do...
    Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post

The procs draining you instead of your target is the same behavior they always had.
    Actually I noticed one change in my testings; before the "patch" the debuff on self only happened the frist time it proced on any given mob. After now I get an additional cumulative debuff each time I hit the mob. Of course I only tested this vs a guard, might behave differently vs players.
    In stage 1 we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

You know, you're right. They did have different behavior pvp vs pvm. With the new patch, I haven't tried them pvm, and just assumed they weren't debuffing the trader any more. Maybe they are?

pre 17.0.3, in pvp it did not debuff the trader, but debuffed his target repeatedly. That of course they had to fix in such a hurry, they changed the stacking debuff into a stacking buff. Since thats oh so much more fair! *edit: this is what it did in pvp, not pvm. In pvm, it was debuffing the trader repeatedly - who knows if it was debuffing the mob? No way for us to tell*
    Last edited by sobeguy; Jan 13th, 2007 at 02:32:51.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Hmm, well I only tested vs mobs (a guard), and both before and after patch I have been debuffed myself, only with the difference after this last patch that i get debuffed more often.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

I have tested Payment Plan and Unforgiven Debts on Testlive today. They seem to have been fixed. At least buffing part works fine. Not sure if I debuffed the mob I was fighitng though, this will require a pvp test with someone. Well, anyway, I was getting an icon in my NCU window from time to time looking exactly like our drain icons. I was also getting the corresponding increase in nano and weapon skills in my skill window (+9 for Payment Plan, + 136 for Unforgiven Debts) .

To make sure the effect was not purely visual one, I tried to cast nanos which I could not cast w/o the bonus from these actions. And it worked for both of them. Payment plan was tested with my little level 36 trader who is a testlive native. He was a couple points short of the TS required to cast his next ransack. Once the proc fired, he was able to cast it.

Unforgiven Debts was tested with my 220 who had been transferred to test. same story. With the proc running, could cast nanos I can't normally cast on Test self-buffed.

So at least this line of procs seems to be fixed.

Well I am now become as pessimistic as some of the old misers here ( ), so I am certain they are fully capable of ruining something on the way to live even if it works on test. But it would be nice of them to get it fixed...

Quote Originally Posted by Valvs View Post
    I have tested Payment Plan and Unforgiven Debts on Testlive today. They seem to have been fixed. At least buffing part works fine. Not sure if I debuffed the mob I was fighitng though, this will require a pvp test with someone. Well, anyway, I was getting an icon in my NCU window from time to time looking exactly like our drain icons. I was also getting the corresponding increase in nano and weapon skills in my skill window (+9 for Payment Plan, + 136 for Unforgiven Debts) .

To make sure the effect was not purely visual one, I tried to cast nanos which I could not cast w/o the bonus from these actions. And it worked for both of them. Payment plan was tested with my little level 36 trader who is a testlive native. He was a couple points short of the TS required to cast his next ransack. Once the proc fired, he was able to cast it.

Unforgiven Debts was tested with my 220 who had been transferred to test. same story. With the proc running, could cast nanos I can't normally cast on Test self-buffed.

So at least this line of procs seems to be fixed.
    Now that is wierd. I had Unforgiven Debts proc running on both a NL Guard and on 2 players (inside shop). In PvP, I gain nothing nor see anything in my NCU, while like mentioned before, both buff and debuff seems to run on the target player. When hitting NL Guards, I had no ncu visuals as well but saw a drop in skills and AR. Because its behaving so wierd, I had not ran this in any teams, just to prevent any whinging and whining.

As far as I can see, the only working ones are the Nano and HP drains proc-lines. Glad though, because those lines are the ones I see myself using most often.
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

You did of course see he referred to tests done on the testserver?

OMG

Someone buy me a pair of reading glasses!!!
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Version 17.0.4

- Trader personal research actions should now function correctly and buff the Trader as appropriate

I will restrain my enthusiasm until I see it with my own eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Zx9256 View Post
    I will restrain my enthusiasm until I see it with my own eyes...
    Your self control is nothing short of astonishing

As for payment plan. I don't seem to get anything from it. At all. I know it has a 5% or so chance of actually running, but I went through an entire AI raid without it ticking once. Am I just unlucky?
    214/18 Solitus Trader RK2 omgad I leveled!
    Pria 153/8 Solitus Shade RK2
    Bravlich 140/7 Atrox Enforcer RK2 (1he = hawt)
    Elbuross 73/0 Nano-Mage NT RK2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratink
    I agree. People should explode upon zoning into Pande
    Neutral Forever!

17.0.4.1. on test now
    Perks drain target, unfortunatly they don't give anything back to trader (or/and team).
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Meayh, that was what I figured.

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    17.0.4.1. on test now
    Perks drain target, unfortunatly they don't give anything back to trader (or/and team).
    AMG FIXED!!!!
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

The drain proc Unforgiven Debts worked great for me, gave me 136 more weapon and nanoskill that stacked with my two regular drains. Not tested it in PvP so I don't know if it works on players lowering their skills.
    Minge ?
    It will remain playable until : 2007-10-27 16:08:34

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    17.0.4.1. on test now
    You are talking about PvP I assume? The same thing seems to be happening on Live atm, these prks behave differently in PvM and PvP (Sobe's post gives more details)

Well, there's no way to tell if they work as intended in PvM. But I don't get nothing out of runing those procs in PvM on live either. Can it be possible execution of them is somehow dependable on side?
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Ok just a theory here but could the reason people aren't see our procs tick have something to do with the NR of the targets. If I'm reading things correctly it looks like the proc itself can not be resisted however the debuff part of the procs have NR checks just like nanos and if the target resist the nano due to high NR then it would look like its not procing when it actually is. It also makes NR a means of negating procs if this is true also.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Well I landed the procs on a 220 NT, with pretty high NR. She was full agg, but I wasn't buffed or drained up either. She got the debuff for sure in the tests I did, and it was "real" debuffs, not just visual. I got no buff though.

I dont know if this is useful to you guys but i was junning round an ai ship (city raid) when i found the following hostile nano in my pets ncu

Code:
    Payment Plan
    NaCost: 1Duration: 00:01:00
    Range: 26m
    Speed:
    Attack 2.00s
    Recharge 2.00s
    Attack skills: Time&Space 50% Psycho Modi 50% 
    Defence skills: Nano Resist 100% 
    Modifier:
    Martial Arts 9
    1h Blunt 9