Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LE research actions

Quote Originally Posted by Banishedsoul View Post
    I've been testing the procs with Famine lately.. there are several bugs.. drain proc draining ourselves f.ex. Also the Get One Free effect from Unopened Letter will overwrite Draw AC (Invasive) .. but the nano will overwrite Get One Free when cast again. THe nano and proc debuffs and buffs the same amount, only difference is the proc is "random" and lasts 1min, the nano lands pretty much always and lasts 3mins. Theres some tweaking needed on that as well. Alot of them seem to be working ok'ish tho..
    Will get more done later but not easy to test stuff withouth a dev or BH with me. Only them can give me exact values on the mobs before and after effects. And Famine doesn't always have the time..
    So nothing new so far and as i expected after testing some procs with a guildmate in the silo and taking a look the proc-definition.

Btw.. with your permission Syyceria I might edit your first post with more info when I have concrete stuff to add.
    Sure, as long as you make sure that the information is precise.
    Syy

I tested with Sobe when we logged on before. I had Accumulated Interest and Unforgiven Debts running.

On my side, I get no message indicating it had landed nor did I get any skill or nano skill increased on me. I ran no drains as well.

Sobe noted Unforgiven Debts, -136 on his NCU, which did not show as an decrease in this skills, rather an increase. During the test, it seems Accumulated Interest did not land a single time, even though Unforgiven Debts have landed quite a number of times which brings his skills rather high. Yes, it stacks on each other until zoned. At least that is what is shown. It might be a visual bug which is highly possible.

I definitely did not get any skill increase, since I cannot cast any nanos which needed to be drain first.

On my side, the 2 procs behaves like it does nothing at all. Since I have no message nor any buffs from it, I cannot tell if it landed on a NPC. As for the effects, I will let sobe post his findings and figures from the effects of being proc-ed upon.

*Edit*

I Tested it again with a friend. It is confirmed on his side, its a visual bug. I get no debuff nor any buffs.
    Last edited by Axela; Jan 11th, 2007 at 16:38:18.
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Axela View Post
    I tested with Sobe when we logged on before. I had Accumulated Interest and Unforgiven Debts running.

On my side, I get no message indicating it had landed nor did I get any skill or nano skill increased on me. I ran no drains as well.

Sobe noted Unforgiven Debts, -136 on his NCU, which did not show as an decrease in this skills, rather an increase. During the test, it seems Accumulated Interest did not land a single time, even though Unforgiven Debts have landed quite a number of times which brings his skills rather high. Yes, it stacks on each other until zoned. At least that is what is shown. It might be a visual bug which is highly possible.

I definitely did not get any skill increase, since I cannot cast any nanos which needed to be drain first.

On my side, the 2 procs behaves like it does nothing at all. Since I have no message nor any buffs from it, I cannot tell if it landed on a NPC. As for the effects, I will let sobe post his findings and figures from the effects of being proc-ed upon.
    They delete Sobes post so here it is with the flames removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe
    Tested the drain procs with axela this morning. I was right, gotta say. They "fixed" the description to no longer say they buff the trader. They don't.

But wait, its worse!

He shot me with 2 drain procs running. The only one that worked was unforgiven debts, a -136 nano/weaponskills debuff.

When it landed, I saw no change in my skills window. When timed out one min later, it showed me GAINING 136 to all my nanoskills and weapons.

This happens each and ever time it landed. Eventually it showed my matt met, 811 unbuffed, was 1899!

But wait, its worse!

It isn't really buffing the opponent. Well maybe thats a good thing. But funny. I was unable to equip the salabim even though I had nearly 3k shotgun, and could not cast AP with way more shotgun than needed. Interesting that the cast/equip message would change from white to yellow, as it does when you have enough skill showing in your window, say you have increased it with ip, but haven't yet confirmed the spending.

But wait, its worse!

Zoning fixes the problem. Sorta and maybe. After zoning my skills were all normal, but my stats window showed an AR of 250ish, when I had a shotgun skill of 1800. Zoning several times didn't fix it, but casting a drain buffed it from 250 to 1900. .
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Well him gaining skills is purely client side. As he posted in his vanished thread (not me) it was fixed by zoning (that bugged something else tho :P)
    Did you try to zone while the proc was running? maybe it would update correctly as drained then?

Also did you guys test this on live or the Test Server?

When I was testing the drains the other day both "worked".. well gave an effect anyway.. But drained me instead of the npc.
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Did anyone really think they would be fixed? I sure wasnt.
    Level 220/26 - Trader : Zyphoria - Equip
    Level 219/18 - Keeper : Zypho - Equip
    Ragnarok - RK1 Atlantean

...Forever shall the trader in me desire the baby in you...

Playing a high level Trader makes Abu Ghraib look like a luxory spa and resort!

Hmm, what does this do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Banishedsoul View Post
    When I was testing the drains the other day both "worked".. well gave an effect anyway.. But drained me instead of the npc.
    That is how they have worked since LE release.
    In stage 1 we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by barg View Post
    They delete Sobes post so here it is with the flames removed.
    *cough* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=478526 *cough*

New feedback can go in there as well, make sure you throw in detail what the issues are so we have it in that thread as well.

Reinforce Loans
    Payment Plan
    Unforgiven Debts
    Depletes Assets
    Still drain caster and give skills to target

Unexpected Bonus
    Escrow
    Rebute
    Exchange Product
    Those works, after a fashion. 7 points heal ftw

Exchange Product doesn't clear upon zoning
    (posted over there too)
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    *cough* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=478526 *cough*

New feedback can go in there as well, make sure you throw in detail what the issues are so we have it in that thread as well.
    Famine, it seems no procs have been fixed can you confirm this is the case?
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Trgeorge View Post
    Reinforce Loans
    Payment Plan
    Unforgiven Debts
    Depletes Assets
    Still drain caster and give skills to target

Unexpected Bonus
    Escrow
    Rebute
    Exchange Product
    Those works, after a fashion. 7 points heal ftw

Exchange Product doesn't clear upon zoning
    (posted over there too)
    Thanks Trgeorge I saw

Quote Originally Posted by barg View Post
    Famine, it seems no procs have been fixed can you confirm this is the case?
    When feedback comes in on issues that are being reported as 'broke' we have to confirm your actions before confirming anything. That is why it is crucial that you include detail information and or test cases on what you have found. In some cases reported issues might not be 'bugged' yet in your test case it is.

Please take time to edit your post and make sure all the detail is in it as well make sure you get it to the thread I quoted above barg.

Why has the description been altered, removing the bit about buffing the trader at proc? Even if you do manage to fix them according to the current description at some point in the future, they have been significantly nerfed in value now.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

It may be that it will not buff us once its all working.
    ルネサンスのメンバー
    Member of The Renaissance

この世に奇跡はなく、あるのは必然と偶然。そして後は自分が何をするか、それだけだ。
    There are no miracles in this world. What is in existance, is the path one takes during the inevitable or unexpected circumstances.

Indeed, the change would be hard to interpret any other way. And that I find reduces it's usefulness drastically. I had hopes that if they had been made to work as originally described, it could gives us a leg up in hitting people in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    They should drain and buff correctly, and it wasn't intentional to remove the buffing aspect of that particular proc.

We are still figuring out why exactly these didn't get out in this build. Our export guys are looking into it now. Hopefully we will be able to get them up and working correctly for 17.1. Some of the procs have updated correctly some haven't so we will have to go back through them and see where it went wrong and correct it.
    Which seems extremely odd, the change is too "clean" and consistent to be some sort of unintentional mistake. And the fact remains they are still broken. I have absolutely no faith now that this will be fixed within any reasoanble timespan. I cancelled my account which conviniently runs out in two weeks time, and will not resubscribe until I see some serious positive changes. Not trying to make a fuss of it, just mentioning why I will in all likelihood be disappearing from the forums soon. Kudos to those of you who hang in there and fight the good cause

Quote Originally Posted by Zx9256 View Post
    Which seems extremely odd, the change is too "clean" and consistent to be some sort of unintentional mistake. And the fact remains they are still broken. I have absolutely no faith now that this will be fixed within any reasoanble timespan. I cancelled my account which conviniently runs out in two weeks time, and will not resubscribe until I see some serious positive changes. Not trying to make a fuss of it, just mentioning why I will in all likelihood be disappearing from the forums soon. Kudos to those of you who hang in there and fight the good cause
    I am about there myself. Shame really, as I like the game, but there are just too damned many bugs and balance issues.

ROFL, I have to laugh @ Sill's statement you posted Zx. It might not have been intentional to remove the buffing aspect, but it sure as hell was intentional to remove the text describing it as part of the effect of the proc.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

So since I am assuming they will not patch this before 17.1, when is 17.1 supposed to be out?

Quote Originally Posted by Meaties View Post
    ROFL, I have to laugh @ Sill's statement you posted Zx. It might not have been intentional to remove the buffing aspect, but it sure as hell was intentional to remove the text describing it as part of the effect of the proc.
    It seems nothing of what they do with this issue is intentional, that they are just blindly pushing buttons and transfer to live with fingers crossed.

Im going to start taking bets to see if they get fixed for 17.1 whenever it is. Will make a shed load of creds if anyone takes me up on it. BTW my trader is a gambler, i think they go hand in hand
    BarginDealer The Trader
    Moretea The Enforcer
    Bahba The Adventurer
    Lesstea The Shade

General Knights of Ka

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast