Thread: End Game Traders

End Game Traders

As I encroach on endgame with my trader (which is the beginning when you hit 220 really) I have begun looking into various set ups. While I dont want people to post their set ups unless they want to, perhaps some input as to various factors....

Strictly PvP?
    Swap to a PvM?
    Swap to a Tradeskill set up?

Do you swap any items on a regular basis?
    Does anyone have a full set of alphas in?
    Director of Black****e Trading Company
    [ http://black****e.proboards.com]
    Slavegoblin [211 Crat] Dreadgoblin [220 Enforcer]
    Goblinspit [220 Trader] Meangoblin [220 Shade]
    Spookgoblin [60 Agent] Jittergoblin [60 Fixer]
    Hellgoblin [25 Soldier] Goblinspits [12 Engineer]

I personally go with a mostly Control Symb setup. That said as a Trox it currently would appear to be impossible, though I'm still trying to figure a way to get as many as possible in, to get a full set of Alphas in. I'm also currently built around a PvM / TS setup. Swaps include most all Hud/Util slots and neck slot for trade skills. Armor is set up around a max crit setup with a few +dmg mod items where they would outperform +crit items.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

You don't really need to swap a lot of items when changing between PvP and PvM. You can if you want to squeeze as much damage out of PvM as you can or such but you really don't need to.

High evades and AAD serves you well both in PvP and PvM so your HuD and Util-items should be based around defense. Armor is just a mix of CSS and CS (unless you want to get a very high ql shirt from inf dungeon chest for example). Silverback mk6 shotty for PvP and Xan of Greed shotty for PvM.

Symbs is pretty much just control, except for eye/right-arm/right-hand/right-wrist which should be artillery. Waist should be artillery until you can get in control-alpha because the alpha version of control has +shotgun in it. Maybe a ql 300 left wrist implant with NR and runspeed in it.

You can wear full CSS and such for maximum aimed-shot skill and then wear the +evades/aad-research-hud3-item or you can wear a mixture of CSS and CS for more nanoskills and wear a 275 critscope instead (for pvp).

So as for swapping gear between PvP and PvM, you can swap gun and then swap one arul saba bracer if you wish for the +damage. You could swap snipers friend in and out for more crit in PvM. You could swap between 275 VE-scope, 300 alien scope or defence research-hud3-thingie depending on if you want max crit in PvM, 11 sec AS in PvP or max defense in PvP/solo pvm.

Personally I don't really swap much. I wear 5 pieces of CS and 2 pieces of CSS and when I change between PvM and PvP I only swap between 275 VE, 300 alien scope or defense research-hud3-thingie (for soloing). I swap guns obviously and I swap alb-bracer for one arul saba bracer for a bit more +damage in PvM. The rest I just leave as it is.

I'm a lazy swapper in general though. There are other people, like Racatti probably, that can give more advice on gear-swapping in PvP especially. In PvP I personally just use 1 setup against anyone and everyone I personally am to lazy to start swapping neck items and such for HP-management in fights or reflect bracers and such
    Last edited by Wrangeline; May 12th, 2010 at 15:41:35.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Could some one post a full endgame set up? I'm nearing my first 220 and I want to make sure that I'm planning to get everything I need.

sig
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=260672&patch=17070200

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=244564

Two situational items, giving the edge in duels versus agents. I Highly recommend getting and using them.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view