Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any new info from the Grapevine on prof. Balancing?

Any new info from the Grapevine on prof. Balancing?

Just checking in on the forums to see if there was any new news on Balancing confirmed or not.

Seemed Hot and Heavy for a while, but have not seen anything for a while.

Thanks....
    Omni Trader on RK2

There have been some changes to BR and GTH on test. Other than that, balance-stuff has been on the backburner a bit due to FC wanting to finish the daily mission system, collector instance and such as soon as possible.

There's info about BR on page 5 and 6 of this thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=570786

GTH is still being worked on so whatever version we have on test atm is likely not representative of the final version we get. I saw means on test server a while ago and he briefly talked about GTH and it seemed to me that he wasn't happy with the current version and that they were still thinking about what to do with it. I did pick up some interesting insights into what he wanted GTH to be like but I'm not going to go into detail about that as it was far from being put in stone or anything and that there were no/few specific details for me to point to.

I gathered that he thinks the current BR-version on test is very close to the finished version or maybe even finished.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

We're the first prof to see the fruits of NT/doc wine. Those sour grapes managed to get under Means' skin.

New GTH & BR hits live, within next week.

Other professions will have to wait 6-12 months, come their own re-balance. [1]

[1]My uneducated opinion
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post

Other professions will have to wait 6-12 months, come their own re-balance. [1]

[1]My uneducated opinion
    Hmmm,

I had the impression that this was all about an Overhaul on all professions in regards to balance. Not adjustments to specific nano lines....

If you are telling the truth. a 6-12 month delay is not an Overhaul of all professions. What are you balancing against? Nothing has changed overall, all that has changed is a specific adjustment to a specific profession....

Hmmm......
    Omni Trader on RK2

^ You're missing the point. GTH and BR was suppose to be a part of the re-balance. As such, it should be tested against other profs altered nanos/weapons/perks etc. Changing GTH and BR to something which works now might not work, come the re-balance of all the other professions. Do you get what I'm trying to convey?

That said, funcom is notorious for leaving things as they are for years before picking it up and actually changing it. I'm afraid the same thing will happen to GTH and BR. Although I wouldn't mind getting rid of both nanos and boost our own passive defense with something entirely different.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    ^ You're missing the point. GTH and BR was suppose to be a part of the re-balance. As such, it should be tested against other profs altered nanos/weapons/perks etc. Changing GTH and BR to something which works now might not work, come the re-balance of all the other professions. Do you get what I'm trying to convey?

That said, funcom is notorious for leaving things as they are for years before picking it up and actually changing it. I'm afraid the same thing will happen to GTH and BR. Although I wouldn't mind getting rid of both nanos and boost our own passive defense with something entirely different.
    We picked up these absurd OP nanos and changed them. Sorry about that. I am truly sorry they ruined the fun of others for as long as they did. All balance concerns aside they sucked the fun out of the experience for many many people over the last few years. Thank you for sending me your constructive feedback on these nanos in a PM...I'll look into your valid concerns as soon as I get the chance and I imagine they will influence the final version that will be coming to the live servers soon.

One-patch balancing the whole game is an absurd dream. An ongoing process is much more likely. This is one of the first steps of a long journey.

You get the irony of complaining about the "sour grapes" of others...right? Turning another player's simple request for information into a platform for this was pretty weak.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Well people gonna instant recup their pool + shield gona become useless. Futhermore Br effect is too low. Cant wait to see how drain gonna be rebalance then we can hug mp in by while we do TS
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

(!)Just a Sidenote(!): Ask mr ceo for some more funds so the 6 knights around your round table can get some reinforcements, instead of burdens of the past griefs/bloopers. And maybe just maybe well see some dx9 AND rebalance this decade.
    (On the other hand, the cutdown from sept. 09 never strifed your offices did it.)

Bottomline is i think we expect things to happen in a given time, because it shouldnt take that long. Yet keep getting the same griefing in cases like this. Micromanage?
    Should i win the lottery, im very lightly to invest in some funcom stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    Sjef often posts very angry shade related threads where all the details just dont quite add up.

what I've heard so far, about the new gth, it seems it is probably too weak or too short than that would bring anything against an doc. or am i wrong? when i´m right then they have the best godmode till the heal nerf comes on live. docs gained an AS pistol now and have an strong nuke so they will then probally unkillable but can kill almost everything, except for good players (those who have an good timing with the stun perks). has anyone tested?
    RK1
    Cistie 220/30/70 Solitus Trader
    Blackangel85 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Leonearn 220/30/70 Solitus Shade
    Listalis 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Luzifer85 220/30/70 Solitus Adventurer
    Teufel85 220/30/64 Atrox Enforcer
    Spawn85 220/30/58 Solitus Nano-Technican
    Charisse 220/27/59 Solitus Doctor
    Ersa 220/25/58 Solitus Martial Artist
    Daemon85 219/27/57 Nanomage Meta-Physicist
    Lecine 220/30/60 Solitus Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...and I imagine they will influence the final version that will be coming to the live servers soon.
    You forgot (tm) :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cistie View Post
    what I've heard so far, about the new gth, it seems it is probably too weak or too short than that would bring anything against an doc. or am i wrong? when i´m right then they have the best godmode till the heal nerf comes on live. docs gained an AS pistol now and have an strong nuke so they will then probally unkillable but can kill almost everything, except for good players (those who have an good timing with the stun perks). has anyone tested?
    New GTH itself is fine, it even helps NG more with faster regen.

It's the refill that defeats its very purpose, on termination it refills target's pool back to 70% (even if it was lower to begin with...).
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    It's the refill that defeats its very purpose, on termination it refills target's pool back to 70% (even if it was lower to begin with...).
    Indeed. The problem with this is that, under most circumstances, we cannot kill Enforcers or Doctors within the 7-8 second timeframe of zero nanopool to counteract this. I'm not saying we should be able to whack everyone we see in 10 seconds, but an unnatural source of quick nanoregeneration just after we drained it will not help us, as we will be using this for an emergency nanodrain to prevent heals, mongos, absorbs, and pretty much anything that prevents us or our teammates from delivering a killing blow, as sort of a 15-second nanopool version of our 3-second Shutdown Skills.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    We picked up these absurd OP nanos and changed them. Sorry about that. I am truly sorry they ruined the fun of others for as long as they did.
    Well you fix 1hb perk, trader nano because they ruined the fun of other. Ok. What about pistol perk checking 80% ? :X

RK2 omnis gonna be happy to replay their army of soldier again Cant wait kids manage to make nsd goes out engi toolset too!
    Last edited by dritst; Apr 25th, 2010 at 12:42:56.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Soldiers have the highest headcount on both servers, you gotta keep your customers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Indeed. The problem with this is that, under most circumstances, we cannot kill Enforcers or Doctors within the 7-8 second timeframe of zero nanopool to counteract this.
    Or advs, or agents, or NTs, or Engs, or any other prof that required GTH to have a chance at killing em to begin with
    Last edited by Racatti; Apr 25th, 2010 at 13:58:14.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Or advs, or agents, or NTs, or Engs, or any other prof that required GTH to have a chance at killing em to begin with
    Yep. Unfortunately they seem dead-set on this idea... an idea that neither Nano or I ever proposed. So we get to watch our profession fall down again.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

So how vocal are you being towards them on this? the durations on both BR and GTH as adjusted are a joke. Anything that GTH is the biggest counter for will have a whopping 7 second window of opportunity without nano to kill (aka the period of time they will be without nano), not to mention the fact that the new duration of gth (particularly the self buff) invalidates half the point of using it in conjunction with NBD.

While I don't mind the idea of giving them 70% of their nanopool back when gth ends, the duration of gth needs to be longer to be particularly useful. 30s is quite in line with our other pvp nanos (ie; IS/CP), and a 30s duration would give us the opportunity to actually use the rest of our toolset with gth. On the other hand, 7 seconds without nano followed by the return of 70% nanopool is a slap in the face. 7 seconds isn't long enough to even fire off a string of perks, and it sure as hell won't be after the rebalance is done with.

Saying things like "so we get to watch our profession fall down again" implies giving up on your part, and I say screw that. This is exactly the time to be getting even MORE vocal when the devs aren't bloody listening. If you're going to give up, (and I sincerely hope this is not the case) you should be seriously considering stepping away from the role of professional, because it's certainly not going to help the cause of traders.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

thats exactly the same i thing that i thought about the new gth.
    RK1
    Cistie 220/30/70 Solitus Trader
    Blackangel85 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Leonearn 220/30/70 Solitus Shade
    Listalis 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Luzifer85 220/30/70 Solitus Adventurer
    Teufel85 220/30/64 Atrox Enforcer
    Spawn85 220/30/58 Solitus Nano-Technican
    Charisse 220/27/59 Solitus Doctor
    Ersa 220/25/58 Solitus Martial Artist
    Daemon85 219/27/57 Nanomage Meta-Physicist
    Lecine 220/30/60 Solitus Bureaucrat

vs Docs

7 secs is fine...more than that is OP..... its alrdy very hard to survive on mass pvp without heals for 7secs....u guys are only thinking on 1 vs 1 pvp which Fc doesnt care
    ....and anyway on duels its possible for a trader to win 90% of the docs without gth...we used to have a trader on rk2 capable of doing that even on the best docs so theres no reason to whine....u guys just got used to the IWIN button
    Last edited by RmikClan; Apr 25th, 2010 at 22:32:44.

If GTH was a tool that is NEEDED to kill ALL those professions that Racatti listed, then it only proves how what poor shape the real trader toolset still is, despite the things we have received from LE. One nano SHOULDN'T make or break any profs toolset for them to be competitive in PVP. Making these nanos with a more narrow scope is the best things that could happen to us because it allows the devs to move forward to refill that gap to give us tools that are good for traders and good for the game.

BR is the same thing.
    Last edited by Obtena; Apr 26th, 2010 at 02:06:38.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Guess it's time to reroll or resetting for tradeskills, if the game director states that our fun isn't worth as much as those of the other professions.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast