Thread: Mob Database listing..is there one?

Mob Database listing..is there one?

Had the unfortunate experience of being out healed by a 'Glaring Slitherer' out side of Hope on RK. As a squishy Opti Doc I've been beaten into the ground by all kinds of Mobs when caught solo, but this one actually out healed me. Any damage I did was almost insta healed. Thought at first it was a screen display error, but later at reclaim I started to think it was for real Is there a list of AO Mobs somewhere that lists their specialties? There are plenty of Unique Mob listings but what about the common everyday variety.

Might also have been a bug. Sometimes a mob will get stuck in a peaceful mode though it's in combat and whacking you. When not in combat their heal delta raises by many factors.

Try this: http://www.faunlore.org/ , it's a nice database for RK critter
    Do you see the horizon?
    Immediately above the ground the skies seem to begin...
    and if I were there I'd bet I could reach the sky...
    but here it appears I am too small

Researcher of AO-Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    Might also have been a bug. Sometimes a mob will get stuck in a peaceful mode though it's in combat and whacking you. When not in combat their heal delta raises by many factors.
    Nope, found another couple of these during a token mission..again in Hope. I defeated Light green one by chaining Gouge Flesh non stop to overcome the heal, but orange one forced me to heal during chain cast and I ended up again in reclaim...went back again, same result except I ran for exit and abandoned mission. DD's probably have no difficulty with these but docs and other low DD profs may have to work around them. It seems DoT's and weak pistol not enough to overcome heal rate. I'm level 85 atm.

Quote Originally Posted by bernard18 View Post
    Nope, found another couple of these during a token mission..again in Hope. I defeated Light green one by chaining Gouge Flesh non stop to overcome the heal, but orange one forced me to heal during chain cast and I ended up again in reclaim...went back again, same result except I ran for exit and abandoned mission. DD's probably have no difficulty with these but docs and other low DD profs may have to work around them. It seems DoT's and weak pistol not enough to overcome heal rate. I'm level 85 atm.
    I've done my fair share of missions and have found that some snake-type mobs do have a life-drain on their attack - think thats the thing you have experienced? Try to keep and eye on the mobs hp next time you meet one and you'll notice that the "heal" only occurs when the mob hits you (easier to spot when playing an evade class that doesn't get hit that much).

Quote Originally Posted by Niodemus View Post
    Try this: http://www.faunlore.org/ , it's a nice database for RK critter
    Latest News: The Beast has Fallen!

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by rimbe View Post
    I've done my fair share of missions and have found that some snake-type mobs do have a life-drain on their attack - think thats the thing you have experienced? Try to keep and eye on the mobs hp next time you meet one and you'll notice that the "heal" only occurs when the mob hits you (easier to spot when playing an evade class that doesn't get hit that much).
    When forced to solo I get hit so often I panic if health bar is not moving steadily down; I figure I am experiencing lag (or worse, disconnect). You may very well be correct...not sure what I can do about it in any case, the end result is a constant and quick heal for the mob that continues until I run out of nano, health, or patience .

Seems odd that over all these years someone hasn't put together a list of Mobs and their habits. It HAS been a while since the beast was felled...I believe it was right after fall damage was eliminated from the game if one old timer has it right