Thread: IRRK: Newland's statement to Zora's Speech

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: Newland's statement to Zora's Speech

Newland's statement to Zora's Speech
    December 08, 29480 - [Global]

We just received this statement from Newland in regards to the recent speech by Tarkhan Zora.

Dear inhabitants and visitors of Newland,

After the recent speech of Omni-Tek Rubi-Ka CEO Tarkhan Zora I heard many concerns on the street about our future relations with Omni-Tek employees.
    There are from my side no plans to limit the access to Newland for our visitors, regardless of faction.
    Everyone that comes to Newland and behaves in a civilized manner is welcome and I will be happy to do business with them. Should someone, however, decide to bring violence to Newland and disturb the peace here, General Hekkat will gladly explain to him that we do not accept such actions here in the north, by no one.
    Newland has always been, is and will always be a neutral, independent and safe place to do business and enjoy life. To use a quote from our General: "Party. No troublemakers."
    While it is known that Zora is a relative military type of person compared to the former CEO Philip Ross, and his speech itself was quite aggressive. Even he does not eat as hot as he cooks. Therefore even he would be welcome in Newland to buy some of our excellent products. I'm sure even Mister Silverstone would be happy to get a present from Zora if it was bought in our shops.

To make this short, The peace and neutrality of Newland will be kept. Citizens of Newland are safe and visitors are welcome at all times to enjoy this safety.

With Kind Regards,

Zephrem King
    Newland Mayor

That is very good to hear. I'd hate to think we could be barred from Newland just becasue the jingoistic ramblings of those in power. And the timing could not be worse as we at RUR are planning to hold our 4th year anniversary celebrations in Newland City this Sunday (7 PM GMT!).

The city of Newland remains very much the historic home of RUR. And this year to mark the occasion we will stage the wolrd premiere of a brand new production of "The Wizard of Oz". It has to be seen to be believed!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Very well said Mr. King

- Tambrey
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I can not believe this. This is beyond idiotic this 'council' has lost all legitimcy with me. If ICC does not step in and rein in this situation the clans will continue to play by the rules set by Zora Total Unlimited War. Mr. King take off your blinders and get off whatever the hell you are smoking. Or better yet send a batch to Zora he could use the calming affect on his nerves.

(Nevelle Chamberlian anyone?))

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    I'm sure even Mister Silverstone would be happy to get a present from Zora if it was bought in our shops.
    Hopefully the only kind of gift that would be is a thermal detenator....

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat View Post
    or a Extra Sweet Chocolate Surprise... That would be the kick to every party
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I can not believe this. This is beyond idiotic this 'council' has lost all legitimcy with me. If ICC does not step in and rein in this situation the clans will continue to play by the rules set by Zora Total Unlimited War. Mr. King take off your blinders and get off whatever the hell you are smoking. Or better yet send a batch to Zora he could use the calming affect on his nerves.
    Firestorm...the ICC aren't there to help anyone anymore. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM! They gave Zora his permission to rampage through Borealis. Hell, they even knew all about what was coming. They are the ones arming him with the weapons he'll be using to turn our fair citys into smouldring piles of rubble. They have broken all there promises and oaths they pledged to the neutral population of Rubi-ka. They are the real problem here!

And on the ICC matter, we're still hugely annoyed that Sol managed to leak out information about the assault on Borealis to the Unionists so they could get in to 4 Holes how they did. We love how the Clans knew about the coming occupation of Borealis and never felt fit to tell us. Thanks a lot for your help! And who in the ICC bothers listening to us neuts? no one. We haven't SBC backing us up in the ICC like the Clans do. We have no one, nada, zipola. And any mining operations, which I admit I dispise, that are run through neutrals go where? Omni-Mining.

Nice one Zora, shoot us. Occupy our citys. Take our freedoms. And you expect us still to give you what hard working neutrals have mined? Come off it! Am sure all the miners out there would rather stop mining or open negotiations with other Corporations.

And I totally agree with the Mayor. Newland should be free and open to anyone on Rubi-ka. Ever since the Clans under the Tir Accord granted Newlands it's freedom, and its neutrality it has, ok with the few minor scuffles, been open to everyone. And nothing should stop that. Its a beacon to freedom, liberation, and what working together for a greater goal other than war can accomplish. And long may it stand!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I do hope the Newland Council urges their man to change his policy. OT declares war on everyone non-OT and you want the other two parties involved, to buy stuff outta your shops??

Are you daft, Mr. King?

Well, I guess all things are fair as trade is concerned. I hope your policy is everything you expect it to be, because OT are mostly likely going to 'acquire' things from you, at gunpoint.

Good luck with that.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Dec 9th, 2006 at 19:34:47.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyadach View Post
    Firestorm...the ICC aren't there to help anyone anymore. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM! They gave Zora his permission to rampage through Borealis. Hell, they even knew all about what was coming. They are the ones arming him with the weapons he'll be using to turn our fair citys into smouldring piles of rubble. They have broken all there promises and oaths they pledged to the neutral population of Rubi-ka. They are the real problem here!
    You are right about that. But they still have a chance for redemption and to prove they are not in OT's pocket. If they miss this chance the face of this planet will change a lot faster than anyone expects.

And on the ICC matter, we're still hugely annoyed that Sol managed to leak out information about the assault on Borealis to the Unionists so they could get in to 4 Holes how they did. We love how the Clans knew about the coming occupation of Borealis and never felt fit to tell us. Thanks a lot for your help! And who in the ICC bothers listening to us neuts? no one. We haven't SBC backing us up in the ICC like the Clans do. We have no one, nada, zipola. And any mining operations, which I admit I dispise, that are run through neutrals go where? Omni-Mining.
    I didnt know in advance. I am one of the SOB's who fought to get you neutrals access to the clan Council of Truth Chambers to debate the situation and try to enlist clan aid!

Nice one Zora, shoot us. Occupy our citys. Take our freedoms. And you expect us still to give you what hard working neutrals have mined? Come off it! Am sure all the miners out there would rather stop mining or open negotiations with other Corporations.
    And yet you do nothing to defend yourselves and what you believe. This is mindless drivel. If you do not defend what you believe someone will either come and take it or walk all over you.

And I totally agree with the Mayor. Newland should be free and open to anyone on Rubi-ka. Ever since the Clans under the Tir Accord granted Newlands it's freedom, and its neutrality it has, ok with the few minor scuffles, been open to everyone. And nothing should stop that. Its a beacon to freedom, liberation, and what working together for a greater goal other than war can accomplish. And long may it stand!
    The face of the world has changed. This speech doesnt even signify a tensing of the guard. A change of the ROE to reflect the new rules in play. Peace is no longer a possiblity. You heard the words out of his mouth. But neutrals across the planet DONT SEEM TO WANT TO LISTEN! I have fought time and again believing you people were smarter than this. I put my own political carrer and ass on the ****ing line to help you guys out on more than one occasion. I have flat out HAD IT. If you people want to be over-run by OT thats your choice. Dont think though we will allow OT to incur on clan territory. If the neutrals want to sit idly by as OT marches through their streets and shoots them or sends them to Reform Thats fine. We will storm in nuke the place and claim it for ourselves.

I am not a sentinel but i am tired of sitting and watching the idiocy come forward. The lack of protests in borealis and resistance show the true colors of the neutrals. That color is: YELLOW! Nothing but a bunch of cowards. My final message to you neutrals: Get your act together or find yourself on the wrong side of BOTH competing forces on this planet. The clans will not allow omni to estabish a beach head in newland or meetmedere. If you think we lack the will or power to take over and secure those places you are dead wrong. I have supported an Indepedent Neutral Nation for some time. If it does not rise now it will never rise. You neutrals are on a clock i only hope you see it and the reasons why you are in time.

Commander Hyperion Adama
    Coven of Hunters.

Angry malewerecat needs to die, its official...

Quote Originally Posted by malewerecat View Post
    ((before i go off i would like to state that you known hardly anything about the AO world, so you decided to say something that reminds most of the worlds population about star wars, PICK A NEW GRENADE -edited- DONT COPY FROM SOME DAMN MOVIE THAT IS 30 YEARS OLD! I feel like i need to fry you with my new ql 200 delux flamerthrower! End of flame.))

In all seriously i dont get why the hell the neutral leader decided to do nothing, "oh we will just sit here and let our butts be handed to us by Omni-Tek during jailtime" i mean, come one im an ex-neutral, its rediculous, they are FORCING us to join or die and the leader decides to have "trade". I and disgusted by my leader and am glad that i joined the clans before the newland leader decided to "get dumb" on the issue. Yes i live in newland. And yes i dont like the newland leader; he is stupid and ignorant of the world around him.
    Last edited by Cheoptera; Dec 10th, 2006 at 18:59:49.
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

*Grins*

Toog's reaction is very clever.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

(ooc: people, if we start flaming each other in the threads and/or IM's threads will be deleted faster than you can say Life on Rimor. I really hope it doesn't come to that. Please, folks.. lets keep it IC. *bats eyelashes in a trox thong*)
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Hello ? Toog is a mayor, not the warchief of the neutrals.

What he says that he plan to keep Newland neutral, and any Omni who will treathen the peace there will have a nonpartisant boot shoved in his butt.

What's wrong with that ?

I might add that goods bought in Newland bring us money. And money, we use.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Dec 9th, 2006 at 19:43:03.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I still say that neutrals need to start doing something instead of nothing, they may argue about omni-tek is about to threaten them but i never see them do anything in particular about it.
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    I might add that goods bought in Newland bring us money. And money, we use.
    I might make it a point to mention, that no one is gunna buy goods in a storefront where people are constantly spraying lead all over your walls and goods. To be honest, that is just an insurance nightmare.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

What I can't see is why the neuts are suddenly all so surpprised by Zora's declaration of war? Wasn't that the neuts were sick of the war between omni and clan? isn't right that the neuts did not want to have anything to do with our war? Then why o why did you stole our mining sites? That alone is a declaration of war against Omni-tek. So please Stop this mumbojumbo about Omni-tek and declaring you war and not respecting your neutrality, for this action is just a matter of selfdefence.

Quote Originally Posted by Duaric View Post
    I still say that neutrals need to start doing something instead of nothing, they may argue about omni-tek is about to threaten them but i never see them do anything in particular about it.
    I agree with you on this point. The neutrals need to gather their resources to not be pushed around

This, and Borealis, is larger then Newland as it involve all the neutrals on Rubi Ka. The council is looking into enhancing the neutrals lives as whole, don't think that we're doing nothing about it but we need some support from the neutrals there.

For the city itself, the security will continue its job. And Omni employees are still free to go as long as they don't start violence.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    For the city itself, the security will continue its job. And Omni employees are still free to go as long as they don't start violence.

You are talking about Newland here , right?

Chaupin, anybody can mine Notum on Rubi-Ka because of the ICC order that brought about the start of the Notum Wars. The catch is that we have to sell it to Omni-Tek.

Right now, OT is in a win all situation since they don't have to suffer the risks of much of the notum mining on Rubi-Ka and as long as they keep the prices reasonable people wont start looking to do some blackmarket trading of notum.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin