Thread: What if....

What if....

What if FC made a new profession/race. What would fit the sci-fi theme of the game? There are Cyborgs in the game.. what about a cyborg race. A cyborg agent or.. cyborg doctor? What about a part Alien race? They restricted Keeper and Shade to SL maybe a Alien race restricted to AI? Redeemed/unredeemed type of race? I'd suggest some new profession but I was thinking about it already and I thought about final fantasy to maybe stir up an idea.. I was thinking something along the lines of a Mimic (well.. that's an agent) Black mage (that's a nanotech) White mage (doctor...) Red mage? (keeper!) Knight (bah.. soldier?) and I just started running out of ideas at this point.

Don't laugh at my silly idea.. just thinking about how it might be cool for something new to EVERYONE or just with the specific expansions
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!

hard to find something...would have to sit down and seriously think to come up with something
    actually it's hard because FC did a pretty decent job with the professions in AO;

p.s: and yea: adding new stuff has a large priority over anything else in MMOs, so trying to invent
    a new prof matches that scheme quite well
    Last edited by Yfo; Dec 13th, 2006 at 15:21:21.

i'm not laughing at all at the idea, i even think it's a nice idea. Now as the previous poster said, it'll be hard to put something new in game without 1/breaking balance
    2/putting something that isn't already there in the current race/prof combos.

Let's just get rid of all professions except adventerurs and then those advs can speclilize in what the other profs used tro be able to do. This fits perfectly with global and personal research.

I was almost afraid I wouldn't get positive feed back on this.. I never really share my ideas cause I think someone is gonna laugh or poke fun at me I've asked people from my org and they couldn't come up with anything but they didn't laugh. Shades.. I can see how they'd kind of fit into the whole sci-fi theme.. but keepers? Putting something like a keeper in the game (which I see has nothing to do with sci-fi) kinda breaks the mold. It's nice for something diffrent! They did cover everything though, enough to stump me. I do like how other classes are like the advy, I can imagine myself unmorphing from a kitty and taking flight as a bird. Bureaucrat doesn't seem to fit a sci-fi theme much.. I suppose I can see myself in a suit talking to an aggressive mob to calm it down. I guess some comes from your imagination and some from what you actually see.

The anarchy screen shots and drawings of LE for instance make me think more of the artist's imagination then what it really looks like. I wonder what next expansion they'll be working on. Everquest has alot of expansions but thats more fantasy. Maybe fantasy is easier to expand.
    -= Power Overwhelming =- - Recruiting? Why, yes, ofc we are

Moved on to EQ2 - cya!