Thread: I'm back but I'm lost

I'm back but I'm lost

Hello everyone,

I try AO again after years of break. My main character was an omni Nanomage Nanotech level 151.

I hesitate on playing him, my 109 crat (I really like the buffing capacity and crowd controling, but damn, they're slow on the nano-side and it make me cry on shadowland) and my new fixer.

Point of the thread is : I'm lost. I mean totally lost.
    I have spec2, full omni-carb ql 178 to come (in a few stats points) and a lower ql actually equiped with a tank armor, all ql 200 imps but legs, a cyberdeck, Nasc and Ely garden Keys and that's all. My main nuke is IEF and I have no weapon skill. My org is empty, everyone quit.
    If you were me, what would you do first ? I already pulled some easy solo mission to take my hand back on my NT.

I have 0 alien experience. From what I understood, I need an org to make some, is it true ?
    I made some LE research but I find this clueless : I boost my nanoskills, but the nanos I need I can cast them, the better nukes are in places I can't go and they're not so appealing. I'm thinking of taking a weapon, like SMG or pistols, but all the new nukes are cyberdeck only.

Some insights of what I need to do next will be greatly appreciated

apply for an org would be the best thing to do now, if you get in a good oe then plenty of people will be willing to teach you all the things you don't know up until now

You don't need an org to make alien exp you just need a team and Lost Eden expansion

Don't use weapons.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

unless you have the IPRs to spend down the road or plan on staying in tl5 i wouldn't bother with weapons.

there is a lot more nt hate now due to our le nuke lines , which you should familiarise yourself with as well. they are double (2x nuke), triple (3x nuke), cataclysm (small area AOE nuke), and they pierce reflects. they are bought with VP from the towers shop, requiring the LE expansion... you can obtain VP (victory points) on the battlestation (pvp) or in le alien missions (pvm).

we have several nano lines tied to shadowlands quests. the first is the shelter series obtained through Scheol quests. the latter is guard/shielding, obtained through Inferno quests. both of these are of great importance to any NT, imho.

get used to the deck... youll have it for... ever... *shudder*

No Atrox Allowed!
    Straes ::::::: 220/30 NT?! :::::::::::: saving the day 24/7. YOU'RE WELCOME!
    Slugjunkie :: 150/20 Ex-Pistol Solja :: gimpin' > pimpin'
    stray alts ::: eng, agt, cra, nt, doc
    <3 R.I.P. Omni Infantry <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Trader alpha: Landing any nano then taking as long as you possibly want and/or feel like to kill people with regulars.

What server? I'd lend you a hand if you were on RK2.
    Practical demonstrations are always more effective.

I'm on RK1, the name of my NT is Elvago.

Thanks for all the help. So I stick with the deck. I think my next step is to do the quests in SL, beginning by the Elysium sanctuary. I'll try the battlestations too. I'll suck at PvP but I'll see what it looks like.

for quests, check ao-universe.com and check your nanos, you should be using deck nanos instead of eveloping flame, check auno.org on NT nano lists and look up what you can use