Thread: IRRK: 20k Bombing Incident – Interview with Milo Chatter

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: 20k Bombing Incident – Interview with Milo Chatter

20k Bombing Incident – Interview with Milo Chatter
    December 02, 29480 - [Global]

Four days ago, a small bomb detonated near 20k trading outpost, killing two Omni-Pol officers, and wounding an additional five people. The reason for the incident is still unknown, but IRRK have been able to dig up some interesting facts.

IRRK managed to get in touch with Milo Chatter, the man behind the 20k outpost. We asked him about the recent event.

IRRK: How do you feel about the bombing?
    Milo Chatter: It is a shame, that such a thing would happen near our fair trading post, but with all the radicals, then I think we should consider ourselves lucky, that no one was seriously hurt.

IRRK: What about the people who got hurt? We know there was a child amongst them.
    Milo Chatter: The little girl is doing fine. Luckily then it was only a flesh wound. Omni-Med were fast to arrive on the scene, and treatment followed shortly after. There were even a few lovely nurses amongst them.

IRRK: Do you have any idea who would do such a thing? Many people suspect the clans.
    Milo Chatter: It is widely known, that we have a tower here in Pleasant Meadows, but it is under control of the Knights of Avalon, and the good Sir Lancelot. I know for sure they would never do such a thing.

IRRK: Do you have any guess as to who might be responsible?
    Milo Chatter: There are many people coming and going here every day, but there were a few strange people, who came through the Whompah, late Monday evening, four or five of them I believe. All of them were wearing a fully red set of armour. It was quite a sight.

IRRK: I see, have you informed Omni-Pol of this?
    Milo Chatter: To be honest, no, I did not mention it. These people did not do anything wrong, and left in a hurry anyway. If I had to report every armour-wearing persona I saw, then I would never get anything done.

IRRK: Do you have any ideas as to why anyone would blow up a food transport?
    Milo Chatter: That is also something that is beyond my understanding. Besides food, then the transport had a bit fuel, and some data manifests, but nothing of importance what so ever.

IRRK: You mentioned data manifests. What could be printed on those?
    Milo Chatter: Well, I am not sure, but I would assume it could be some duty roster of sorts. The local base crew were rotated Wednesday morning. But it would be of little use, and the soldiers would be stationed across the planet.

IRRK: I see. Did you know that, four Omni-Pol officers were assassinated Thursday?
    Milo Chatter: What? Assassinated?
    IRRK: Correct. All four were killed within a short time. Omni-Tek Press Corp has already released an article about it.
    Milo Chatter: Give me a few minutes; I have to check up on something.

With that, Milo left our journalist, and walked inside his office where he remained for the better part of an hour. We were about to leave, when he returned.

Milo Chatter: I have just confirmed what you told me. All of those people, who were killed, were indeed stationed in this area, before they were rotated to other locations.
    IRRK: That is a very disturbing fact.
    Milo Chatter: Indeed it is. I have already informed Omni-Pol about this, and they have told me not to discuss this anymore. Please understand.

With that, Milo returned to his office once more, clearly marked about this development. But if it was due to the deaths, or the fact, that Omni-Pol might question him about his involvement, our journalist was unable to tell.

To sum it up, the four officers killed December 1st, had all been assigned to the local Omni-Pol outpost, prior to their murder. One could speculate that the bombers stole the crew manifest, and then blew up the transport to hide any evidence.

And who are these red armour-wearing people, mentioned by Milo? Are they related to the recent incidents, or just a wild card?

Time will tell, and you can be sure that IRRK will follow through with this story, as it develops.

Unhappy aww..

i hope it isnt those knights of avalon, they were very peaceful, treated me fairly when i was neutral. I dont think clans would even bomb a food transport without a reason. Since the targets are Omni-Pol, it might have been some lesser extremist faction within the clans, i doubt it would be the average clanner who would do this. I am glad that Omni-Med helped out that poor little girl. I say we should donate to the families of those four omni-pol officers' families for their anguish and loss.

-Duaric, Clanner Mercenary With a Heart of Gold
    Last edited by Duaric; Dec 2nd, 2006 at 22:13:12.
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

You cant mess with the Knights of Avalon. They may be a stuffy lot and prolly the most irritatingingly noble group I have ever had the chance to meet. But every single one of them has my respect. I could never accuse them of doing anything underhanded. If anything, the clans could learn alot about being upright from them.

They are a relic of the past, anachronistic and idealistic. However, they represent an example of something that I would desire to see alot more of in everyday folks.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Talking haha

i support what you say bubba, we should hang out sometime in athen or newland. Avalon Knights are a good role-model for clanners to look up to, you can learn stuff from them.
    Rubi-Ka Politics 101:
    1. Shoot first.
    2. Ask Questions.
    3. If Surviving, repeat no. 1.

Interesting interview. Especially the bit about only "suspects" so far. Since 20k whompas conect to 2 Omni cities and 1 clan one (which still has large Omni-Tek population) and since those visitors left in hurry, yet not under assault, would indicate they are either neutral or OT employees.

I don't have any problem with OT personel killing their own, there are enough of them to go around. I just wish they would have backbone to stand behind it. I won't extend this wish on neutrals tho, I have long ago gave up any hope of them ever posessing any spine.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.