Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NT Buglist

NT Buglist

Updated 9/8/08 by Steveo

Updated and reformatted Buglist Old Buglist is here

This buglist is reviewed by Funcom and updated as feedback is recieved via patchnotes or direct information.

If you have anything to add please post it here, in its own thread or send me or Crisalys a private message here on the forums and we will add it in.

Nanoprograms

MP Shield Sacrifice Nano Damage and possibly all damage taken from dots converts to dmg that is done to yourself from yourself once the other player is not in range making our +nano dmg affect the damage we are taking. Added 6/11/2007 from information in this thread [Link]

Mastablasta's Cataclysm and indeed all aoe nuke formulae seem to ignore side when flags are present. This causes both sides to be hit by a nano program during nuking. Added 4/26/2007 from information in ths thread [Link]

Our 219 Nuke "Izgimmers Cataclysm" is no longer in game. It appears that "Mastablastas Cataclysm" has overwritten it somehow (Added 1/5/2007) From Information in this thread

Neutral Team Warps don't warp the team at all if there is a sided (clan or omni) member on the team, whereas the sided warps will warp everyone but the people on other factions when the warp executes. (Added 12/7/2006) [Link]

Warps nanos in general need to be re-examined for reported errors in uploading and general usage problems. (updated 5/14/2008) [Link]

Constant Barrage doesn't seem to be stacking against other players and possibly mobs as well. (Added 11/21/06) [Link]

NR Debuff nukes do not have any effect on perks checking vs. NR in PVM. (Starfall for example)(Added 9/21/06) [Link]

When affected by a DOT and layers run out, the final little bit of damage the layers would have absorbed before running out are added to the damage from the DOT tick that makes them expire, instead of getting subtracted.(Added 3/3/04)[Link]

If you try to override a lower HE with a higher HE, the NCU is calculated against the lower HE and if you don't have enough available NCU you have to then cancel the lower HE to get the new one to work. It should just override the lower HE counting that NCU in the total.

Perks/Specials

Accelerate Decaying Quarks currently needs Quark Containment Field running on the target to execute. The problem with this is that quite often you can perk someone with Quark Containment Field and it says it was executed successfully, and the perk locks like it was executed successfully, only you can't cast Accelerate Decaying Quarks on the target.The cause of this appears to be root resistance.This is very annoying so can you change it two 1 of two things please:1. If the root part of Quark Containment Field won't land due to root resist, have it classed as failing to perk, so we don't have a long duration recharge, instead the shorter failed recharge or 2. When we sucessfully execute Quark Containment Field we get Affected by Quark Containment Field in our NCU, have this as the requirement to fire Accelerate Decaying Quarks. (added 4/3/2008) [Link]

Quark Containment Field cannot be followed up by the special Sabotage Quark Field that engies/traders get, thus the next special on the TR line we also cannot use. In the database it says CastNano Self Affected by Quark Containment Field. This appears to mean that the NT is now affected by this and the mob is not, thus the engineer/trader would have to attack the NT with his perk in order for the chain to continue, which would be impossible anyway now, since the target should be the mob.

Peel Layers special from the nanomorph perk line is supposed to remove layers which would seem to include cocoon, however it doesn't. (Added 12/7/2006)

Quark Containment Field cannot be followed up by the special Sabotage Quark Field that engies/traders get, thus the next special on the TR line we also cannot use. In the database it says CastNano Self Affected by Quark Containment Field. This appears to mean that the NT is now affected by this and the mob is not, thus the engineer/trader would have to attack the NT with his perk in order for the chain to continue, which would be impossible anyway now, since the target should be the mob.

Nano Vulnerability special on Notum Source line (Notum Overflow) not executing on targets. Appears to be not functioning at all

"Channeling Of Notum" Aura interrupts any nano casting at the moment of refresh. This is true for all auras.

“Channeling of Notum” aura ends PvP grace period.

Flim Focus special, from the Ancient Matrix perkline, adds the wrong nanoinit. Instead of adding 10% of Base Initiative, it adds 10% of the IP cost of the skill.

Flim Focus special execution makes a little "casting nano bar" appear briefly, most likely to cast the buff on the NT. This thing will, if timing is bad (which it usualy is) prevent the NT from casting any nanos for maybe 2 seconds with "Already casting" error messages. Lethal to NTs where speed (ironically enough) is of the essence.

Utilize must have flim focus running to use, however if flim focus is not running and you try to use utlize directly after using programme overload sometimes you can in fact use it, only it will never land.

Items

The Faithful Nano Technician Cloak has 250 less health than the Omni version.

Balance Concerns/Issues

AI DOTs: The lowest 2 DOTs drop on Hezak the Immortal (QL300 Raidboss) and the 2 middle drop on Lord Ghasap (QL200 Raidboss). Very inconsistent and illogical, and seems to be meant to work the other way around.

The Program Overload special is apparently the only special in the game that has a chance of negatively affecting the user and providing no benefits at all. The duration of this debuff is about 60 seconds, the duration of the buff is 30 seconds. The power of the buff is grossly devaluated by AI weapons, and NT damage is nowhere near the values that could justify such a debuff. Disabling the NT for 60 seconds when he is most needing his damage and toolset is absurd. 15 seconds seem more fair if any debuff should even be associated.The idea is nice, but since this is the only implementation of it, it should go. Duration is marked as a bug.

Game Mechanics Issues

Nuking a target will not cause the "in combat" effects on players and occasionally on mobs.

Sometimes when doing nothing at all, perhaps standing around and being asked for a buff, then trying to execute the nanoprogram, you get a message saying that you are already executing a nanoprogram and can't execute another. How to reproduce is so far unknown.

Lag causes nukes to be aborted, some nukes not to work at all, and does not give NTs the ability to be viable as weapon users have a severe advantage due to automatic adjustment of att/rec and fire during lag. Solution: NTs have to keep pressing their nuke button. End this with a new casting system, i.e. Let a nuke be placed into cyberdeck once NT presses Q he will cycle that deck nuke until you press Q to stop nuking. I place this as bug since I felt after all this time it should not be a concern but actually be addressed.

The +% nanodamage value an NT has gets added on the damage he takes when entering underwater Adonis, Penumbra, Inferno and Pandemonium without the protection gear.

If you are affected by the Notum Wars Crowd Control system (moved elsewhere in the area) while casting a nano, sometimes you cannot cast anything again before having zoned or relogged.

When calculating range for nanos the range is taken from NT head (or NT anywhere) to the head of the mob, while guns shoot at feet. This causes NTs to have to stand closer to very tall mobs. Another problem relating to this is the Beast and Tchu raids. These raids have weapon users being able to stand further than 40m away from the target and attack it, while nanocasters must be within the (bugged) range of their nanos to do so. (Readded 11/30/06 from info in this thread) (Additional Info here Link)

Recently Fixed / Need Confirmation

The specials on the Champion of Nanocombat AI perkline require attack rating to use. NTs have no attack rating and it is highly illogical that a perk line called "Champion of Nanocombat" has specials that are not useable by the profession officialy described as champions of nanocombat.
    • Status:Fixed - Cyberdecks now use Matter Creation to calculate Attack Rating

Interruptmodifier in symbiants make it easier to interrupt nanos cast, rather than more difficult.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jul 10th, 2011 at 01:40:25. Reason: More fun bugz
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Reserved
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Utilize must have flim focus running to use, however if flim focus is not running and you try to use utlize directly after using programme overload sometimes you can in fact use it, only it will never land.

I find mostly annoying when I click flim focus then this, only flim focuse doesn't go off for some reason, probably lag related, yet utilize does, so i lose the dmg.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    [/LIST][/COLOR]
    When calculating range for nanos the range is taken from NT head (or NT anywhere) to the head of the mob, while guns shoot at feet. This causes NTs to have to stand closer to very tall mobs. Another problem relating to this is the Beast and Tchu raids. These raids have weapon users being able to stand further than 40m away from the target and attack it, while nanocasters must be within the (bugged) range of their nanos to do so.
    • Status: This should now be fixed, if anyone could confirm that would be great
    Attacked by Irascible Golem!
    Target is outside range.
    Unable to execute nano program. You can't execute this nano on the target.
    Irascible Golem tried to hit you, but missed!
    You absorbed 35 points of radiation damage.
    Irascible Golem hit you for 627 points of radiation damage.
    Target is outside range.

not fixed. nice try though
    Last edited by _Delerium; Nov 30th, 2006 at 17:26:37.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post

I find mostly annoying when I click flim focus then this, only flim focuse doesn't go off for some reason, probably lag related, yet utilize does, so i lose the dmg.
    Added in, we could use a way to reproduce that exactly for the devs, if one exists.

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium View Post
    Attacked by Irascible Golem!
    Target is outside range.
    You absorbed 35 points of radiation damage.
    Irascible Golem hit you for 627 points of radiation damage.
    Target is outside range.

not fixed. nice try though
    Readded, I thought that one sounded fishy..

Thanks, keep the feedback coming.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Added in, we could use a way to reproduce that exactly for the devs, if one exists.
    Been trying this, it happens a lot more often when click programme overload, flim focus, and utilize all very fast, the flim focus doesn't always go off, but the utilize does, and doesn't land. Not 100% way to reproduce, but the best I am finding.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Are AC checks for nukes still done against mob base AC and not mob current AC, thus making AC debuffs useless with nukes?
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Steveo, regarding nano range compared to weapon range. Please read this short thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ighlight=range

Pay attention to posts of Art, Masta, Keldros and myself.. Art pretty much proves that his weapon (and many others in game) can go beyond 40 meters.. he tests this on a rooted leet where the head and feet of the mob are close in distance - he is able to attack with his weapon, but not his nanos. He said he can also step back a few meters and still do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    Steveo, regarding nano range compared to weapon range. Please read this short thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ighlight=range

Pay attention to posts of Art, Masta, Keldros and myself.. Art pretty much proves that his weapon (and many others in game) can go beyond 40 meters.. he tests this on a rooted leet where the head and feet of the mob are close in distance - he is able to attack with his weapon, but not his nanos. He said he can also step back a few meters and still do this.
    Added as info link for that one...

By the way, if anyone is really bored one day and wants to track down when these were all originally added, might be interesting to see how long we've been sitting on them. I will keep trying to track them down myself as well.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Game Client
    Executing Nano Program: Nullity Sphere MK II.
    Nano program executed successfully.
    You absorbed 725 points of chemical damage.
    You were attacked with nanobots for 3698 points of chemical damage.
    You died of nano program damage!
    A trap was sprung! You failed disarming the trap!.
    Nanoprogram Nullity Sphere MK II terminated...
    Is this a bug, or working as intended?
    Mope, mope, mope...
    In the enchanted forreeesssst!

LE release is coming up really fast, any one excited we get to find all of the new bugs and make this list really huge like me!?!?
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    LOL

LE release is coming up really fast, any one excited we get to find all of the new bugs and make this list really huge like me!?!?
    I bet all the current bugs will be ninja-fixed with the release of LE. And that no new detrimental bug will appear. And that NTs will become über!

I know, i know ... one can always dream *sigh*
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

The Faithful Nano Technician Cloak has 250 less health than the Omni version.
    How did this make it into the buglist but the neutral team warp bug didn't?

I'm seeing a clan bias here.

Not sure if this is worthy of the list: It is a General AI Perk, NanoMorph Line with 10 Perk Point you get Peel Layers.

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=254308

According to the DB entry, it is supposed to remove Bio Cocoon (Perk) Damage Absorb Line, however it doesn't. It only removes Layers. I think its a concern for us since we don't get Bio Cocoon, and might be nice to take that away from some other classes in PVP.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    How did this make it into the buglist but the neutral team warp bug didn't?

I'm seeing a clan bias here.
    Oh probably because I forgot it when I was compiling the list and this list was mainly compiled from our previous lists which we had let slip a little, I'll add it in, thanks for catching it Kel.

Not sure if this is worthy of the list: It is a General AI Perk, NanoMorph Line with 10 Perk Point you get Peel Layers.

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=254308

According to the DB entry, it is supposed to remove Bio Cocoon (Perk) Damage Absorb Line, however it doesn't. It only removes Layers. I think its a concern for us since we don't get Bio Cocoon, and might be nice to take that away from some other classes in PVP.
    Sounds like it should be there to me, we can let FC tell us whether they think its important or not next time they go through the buglist.
    Last edited by Steveo; Dec 7th, 2006 at 20:06:00.
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

I have the Notum Overflow perk action trained atm from the Notum Source line (so I can have lot of nano for Guard) - anyways the special is definatly still broken. Everytime I've executed the perk, it actually lands on myself, not the target. I don't switch targets during its execution at all or anything crazy.. it just pops in my NCU..

If they can't fix it - suggest that instead of having the target be more vulnerable to damage.. just have it work like the other perks, and add to our damage output instead.. its 6 minute recharge is long enough not to disbalance us.
    LOL

The "White Cloak Hood" Imput Hood that drops from The "ECC" in Pen Redeemed temple is STILL bugged on Opifex not showing on the NT Opifex Body. Please note that was reported Feb / 15 / 2006 - STATUS: Still not fixed

ITEM : http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=225457

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

As with wishlist I'll update this monster once we see what shakes out with all the upcoming fixes and see what sticks with us from LE
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2

Since LE came out i've noticed that the cast time in our nukes is bugged. Is taking a bit more to cast now.

Since is hard to time the nukes i used this method:

Frost Blades
    NaCost: 1033NCU cost: 52
    Nanoline: DOT Nanotechnician Strain A
    Duration: 00:00:30
    Speed:
    Attack 11.00s
    Recharge 1.80s

So i got myself a ~28 sec timmer taken the recharge timer.

Using
    Izgimmer's Ultimatum
    Speed:
    Attack 10.00s - Taken from Auno.org: Attack time 10s (capped at 2s)
    Recharge 1.00s

1950 Nc init will cap it at full agro what i used in my test ( i have way more then 1950 init so no doubt here that i shoul be capping the nano at 2/1)

I've been able to nuke 7 times and most of the times the 8th nuke is casting so i will add the 2 sec of the 8th nuke to the calcs (not the recharge)

7*3+2 = 23

28-23 = 5 sec

Funcom owe nt's 5 seconds in each 28 thats 17,85% of the total cast time.

It is a lot even considering client - server lag and needs to be fixed.
    Fumbling Ydernola Fingers - Lvl 220 / 25 / 68 NT Equip
    Dragon Thleed Slayer - Lvl 220 / 28 / 70 Doctor - Equip
    Agro Magy Magnet 220 / 30 / 70 Soldier Equip (Ungimping in progress)
    The Xopxop Machine - Luvchild - Lvl 174 / 19 Advie Equip
    Apparatchikk 174/16 Crat
    Belchior 220 / 16 Keeper

And 8 more unfinished projects...

President of Asgard & Midgard

Quote Originally Posted by Ydernola View Post
    Since LE came out i've noticed that the cast time in our nukes is bugged. Is taking a bit more to cast now.

1950 Nc init will cap it at full agro what i used in my test ( i have way more then 1950 init so no doubt here that i shoul be capping the nano at 2/1)
    You need much more than 1950 NCinit to cap it at full agg.. remember that after 1200 (I think), IP in nano init becomes 1/3 (I think) as effective.. I remember needing around 2.4k -ish at full agg to cap it - and like 3k + to cap it at full def. I think?
    LOL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast