Thread: Freelance: The 4th Annual Isaac Asimove Science Symposium

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: The 4th Annual Isaac Asimove Science Symposium

The 4th Annual Isaac Asimove Science Symposium
    November 28, 29480 - Arnulfo [Atlantean]

- I had the honour of attending the 4th Annual Isaac Asimove Science Symposium hosted by the Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR) where scientists and brilliant thinker alike converged to speak about their breakthroughs in science.

I awkwardly entered the event an hour late due to oversleeping. Fortunately, I was about to obtain a copy of the recording of the event from one of the RUR employees. I had a long night of partying inside Omni-Entertainment and I had come ready for even more booze. When I arrived, Psikie was just about beginning his presentation on; “How to better the standard creation weapons used by Meta-physicists.”

The science behind the concepts was far beyond my comprehension. Unfortunately, I found that IRRK had been conducting some false advertising when they stated there would be free booze since I was unable to find any.

The turn out for the 4th Annual Isaac Asimove Science Symposium was enormous and diverse. People from all ranks and areas, Clan members, Omni-Tek employees, and citizens of neutral states alike came to hear about breakthroughs in science. Unfortunately, without the easing power of alcohol, the crowd was very restless. Thankfully, the Rubi-Ka Universal Robots and master of ceremony, Minage, were able to subdue the crowd.

The event began with Jujuwalker discussing the Jujumail Anonymous Messaging system, a helpful system for anonymously sending messages. Jujuwalker explained to the audience the need for a way to anonymously send messages in such a paranoid society where even the T.E.L.L.S system is monitored. Several members of the audience were naturally concerned about Jujuwalker’s ability to monitor Jujumail; however, Jujuwalker continuously stressed the fact that as a neutral citizen, he would have no interest in doing so. The debate ended due to a time constraint and with the simple, silent agreement that it would be the user’s decision whether or not to take the chance.

The next speaker at the Symposium was Professor Urbus Ortega from Rubi-Ka Institute of Technology (RIT). The presentation was centred on the Professor’s journeys through Shadowlands. During a journey, the professor seemed to have run across a malfunction with a humidity extractor. The malfunction was apparently connected directly to the novictum in the air. The idea then developed of using such a material within nanobots themselves.

One of the leaders of Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, Dabblez, then proposed an idea. She began first by mentioning the shocking statistic that states that 98% of people will die on their first visit to Adonis. She then explained how such deaths are connected to the Abyss, a vast, parasite-infected natural reservoir of toxic meta-water. She then proposed that the Abyss be removed to make travel through Adonis safe. The steps of the project were laid out as followed: first, build a massive dam in Adonis, second, build an industrial water-demetasination plant, third, install a large water pump to drain the excess water, fourth, use the dam to generate power, and finally transform the land into a giant, fully mechanized kappa berry plantation with an integrated canning factor. However, Dabblez made many people sceptical about the cost and who would shoulder it.

The argument was once again ended due to a time constraint and because Psikie’s presentation had to begin. Psikie began by mentioning that he has been researching, for quite a while now, how to better the standard “creation” weapons used by Metas. He found several constants in his research one of which is that creation weapons use an external as well as an internal source for the weapons, which is generally nanobots. Psikie proposed that in order to make these clunky weapons more wieldable, that certain adapted notum crystals, Robinson Crystals, be used instead. The only drawback though is that such crystals only last for about 47 seconds making them inefficient. Psikie will continue his research in finding notum crystals suitable for such work.

The presentation was then followed by one from Ida Schuller. Mrs. Schuller took a different approach to her presentation by explaining to the audience her experience as a nano technician working for Omni-Tek. She explained the importance of nanotechnology and how in her work with Eva Pourais they are on the “bleeding edge” of a breakthrough. She continued to explain how Omni-Tek is expanding the frontier and how they are granting more money than ever to research nanotechnology. Many took her last comments as propaganda and some questioned if the money granted to research nanotechnology was being given to anyone other than Omni-Tek Employees.

There was then a final, lengthy presentation by Berael about his recent research concerning the rediscovery of a Xan theory concerning the nature of notum. Berael explained how during his travels through the realm of Penumbra he came across 4 volumes written by Unukh Mar about the nature of notum. During his thorough examination of the area, he came across the Harmonic Circlet. He was able to find that notum is not a substance that is “used up” but rather that it continues to exist where it has already existed. It is rather breathtaking discovery as we have seen that notum is consumed. If such research pays out, we may find that we do not have to worry about diminishing notum supplies.

As it is inherent to any congregation of Omni-Tek employees, Clan members, and citizens of neutral states, the Science Symposium was followed by a debate about the conflict. It also happened to be the only part of the symposium that I could understand due to my poor education. On a finishing note I would like to inform people about what I suspect is subliminal messaging. Turn out that another definition of the word “symposium” is a drinking party with intellectual discussion in ancient Greece, a civilization that existed in the early history of old-earth. This evidence suggests that RUR may have been using alcohol to trick scientists into revealing their ideas.

Thank you, this has been Arnulfo “Sherminator” Cavasos.
    Good luck Rubi-Ka!

A couple notes:

1. I'm not a he.

2. The main purpose of my presentation was to present the idea that since notum can, in a way, transcend time, it might be possible that people with notum bonded to their physiology may be able to sense future and past events. Most notably Nanomages and to a lesser extent, those people who use Symbiants native to the Shadowlands.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I do hope that you are traveling with guards now Ms Wolf, considering the NLF's stance on anyone who disagrees with their mad rantings, ie, perma-killing them.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

If they wish to kill me, they must kill the source of all life.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Corrections

I am very sorry about the gender mix-up, I was using a log to review the presentations so I was, therefore, unable to see your character's gender. In addition, I am also not so adapt at recognizing the gender of names even if they are extremely ovvious.
    I am not suprised that I butchered your presentation, most likely along with the presentations of several others. Unfortunatlly, I am not as bright as you scientists and was unable to understand very much of it.

Sorry!
    Sherminator

Oh yes, and where does NLF come into all of this?
    "Suicide is man's way of telling God, 'You can't fire me, I quit!'"

Save Role-Playing, read the guides!
    http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=408441

Sherminator
    Rubi-Ka 1
    Freelance Reporters

I am glad to see that of the people that made presentations that not all felt that science has to do with technology, and that some remembered that science is also the study of history, your environment, and pretty much the study of anything.

--
    Arch Dean Delzbin of the University of Rubi-Ka

Um. Isaac Asimov is the proper spelling. *ahem*
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions