Thread: Token suggestion, due to disparity of team versus solo missions

Token suggestion, due to disparity of team versus solo missions

I recently took part in three team missions and racked up a whopping 8 levels literally overnight, (from 56 to 64). GREAT, but...

I got 6 tokens out of the deal.

Since there are SO many more mobs in team missions, taking team missions is a good way to NOT keep on top of your token board.

Here's my suggestion. Instead of each mob's death being worth a percentage chance of getting a token equal to 100/(the total number of mobs), make each mob worth 5%. A flat 5%. Then, make sure you can have 200%, 300%, even 5000% or more, chance of getting "a" token. For each even 100%, give the player a token on completion. For the remaining amount, roll as the system currently does. So if I or my team kills 50 mobs, then that would result in a 250% chance of getting a token. Since each token is worth 3 to me right now, that's 6 tokens worth guaranteed upon completion, and 50% chance of another 3 tokens worth.

I'd take it one step further to promote outdoor hunting. Those mobs around the boss mob. Make each of them add some percentage chance of getting a token as well, once the boss mob has been killed...by anybody, provided you're still in the area and on-line when it happens.

This way, missions with more mobs are worth more tokens, while there is a distinct possibility of not getting any token if you took an "easy", low mob-count mission.

Making the mobs worth a flat percentage should be easy. I'm not sure how much effort would be involved in making percentages over 100 possible, or implementing multiple token rewards.

An aside. If you implement this system, you might want to rethink the multiple token value of mission tokens that come with title-levels.

Also, if you do this, each player should have "his" token chances tracked separately, so a person actually needs to be around when a mob falls to claim the percentage, instead of just part of the team but outside when it happens.
    Last edited by Sean Roach; Aug 25th, 2002 at 21:28:23.

this would certainly penaltize players like me who have earned their tokens soloing. you should pick one: either you solo for more tokens or team for more levels...

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Btw, you realy don't fall behind much in tokens if all you do is team mission. I've made almost 600 in the last week just from teams. *shrug*

If you do find yourself 'falling behind', then as mgbkurtz said, it's a choice you have to make. Not everything can be handed to you on a silver platter.

I'm not sure how this'd negatively effect the solo player, which I am usually one of.

Actually, this was a good team with a doc and a MA, so our team leader opted to take missions that were in the 75% range for him. The result to me about second or third lowest level, was phenomenal leaps in experience after every mob dropped, which didn't take long.

The advantage would be to whoever took long missions. A normal solo mission for me frequently has about 20 mobs, hence my numbers.

it's just the fact that there has to be a tradeoff. if i just solo a level it would probably take a couple nights. i could gain a level a night teaming in BS. it would probably take maybe 10 missions (or more) to level and that would equate with 50 tokens rather than just getting that five tokens that night. i work harder to level while you are soloing after level 100 anyways, so that is why you get more tokens.

kurtz
    Last edited by mgbkurtz; Aug 26th, 2002 at 04:53:54.
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

tokens are screwed up at the moment.. because they are too easy to get. There are relatively few if any players over lvl 150 who don't have a 1k board... and everyone has a 400 token board. Pretty worthless if you ask me. It takes me roughly 5-10 tokens to level at level 170 and I get 7 tokens each time... thats 35 to 70 tokens per level.... I could get 700 quickly and easily.

multiples of tokens have ruined the uniqueness of tokens. There was a time when I got from about lvl 115 to level 130 and didn't even get a token because the only option was to do outdoor camps or single person missions... if you didn't get the mission or you team didn't do your mission, you didn't get a token... and when you did get a token, you got only one token.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

the token system should be placed on a freeze until a real solution is thought up. making tokens even more pleantiful than they are would simply further the token glut that seems to currently plague rubi-ka.

at higher levels, you get more than 1 token per mission anyways. so just keep leveling, and eventually you'll be getting 4 tokens per mission.

Missions are SO boring

Having to do even MORE missions to get tokens sounds like just a huge drag. I'd like to see tokens carried on aligned outdoor MOBs.

Re: Token suggestion, due to disparity of team versus solo missions

Originally posted by Sean Roach
    I recently took part in three team missions and racked up a whopping 8 levels literally overnight, (from 56 to 64). GREAT, but...

I got 6 tokens out of the deal.

Since there are SO many more mobs in team missions, taking team missions is a good way to NOT keep on top of your token board.

Here's my suggestion. Instead of each mob's death being worth a percentage chance of getting a token equal to 100/(the total number of mobs), make each mob worth 5%. A flat 5%. Then, make sure you can have 200%, 300%, even 5000% or more, chance of getting "a" token. For each even 100%, give the player a token on completion. For the remaining amount, roll as the system currently does. So if I or my team kills 50 mobs, then that would result in a 250% chance of getting a token. Since each token is worth 3 to me right now, that's 6 tokens worth guaranteed upon completion, and 50% chance of another 3 tokens worth.

I'd take it one step further to promote outdoor hunting. Those mobs around the boss mob. Make each of them add some percentage chance of getting a token as well, once the boss mob has been killed...by anybody, provided you're still in the area and on-line when it happens.

This way, missions with more mobs are worth more tokens, while there is a distinct possibility of not getting any token if you took an "easy", low mob-count mission.

Making the mobs worth a flat percentage should be easy. I'm not sure how much effort would be involved in making percentages over 100 possible, or implementing multiple token rewards.

An aside. If you implement this system, you might want to rethink the multiple token value of mission tokens that come with title-levels.

Also, if you do this, each player should have "his" token chances tracked separately, so a person actually needs to be around when a mob falls to claim the percentage, instead of just part of the team but outside when it happens.
    The token system is fine. Each token I get nowadays is worth 6 towards the board (it gets higher as you go up in level). If you want tokens, do missions in the southern part of clon**** and make sure they are white cave missions where you have to repair something (usually obtained by setting all of the sliders to the right cept the easy/hard one--leave this one in the middle). You'll be able to tell if the mission is in the southern half by looking at the second coordinate. If it is lower than 1000, it will be in south Clon**** (commonly Frisko Slopes or something). I can knock out three missions like that in less than a half an hour solo (they have maybe 10-20 mobs max so killing everything is quick).
    .: Naraya :.

I actually only have 116 tokens at level 94...what the hell did I do wrong?!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by MissMaul
    I actually only have 116 tokens at level 94...what the hell did I do wrong?!
    nothing... I once had 60 at level 120.. I now have 2k at level 170
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

haha see i am of the totally opposite opinion of the first person.

I feel in team missions everyone should only get 1 token per mission while in solo mission they get the 2-8 depending on their level. 1k token boards are WAY to easy to come upon. I remember the days back when you had to work for your token boards.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix