Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death of Ivan, Birth of Omega

Cher a few days or so after the encounter in the HQ

Cherelle was tossing on her sleeping mat, trying not to get up. She was feeling full of energy, for the first time in over two weeks. The previous days were blurred in her mind. The last things she clearly recall were walking toward the HQ door after dealing with Omega. Then, total black out for heavens know how long... She remembered waking up in the HQ bar on the bench of one of the alcoves, an IV plugged in her vein, all alone. She had then managed to reach the grid at the HQ entrance, encoded herself in the grid, reached the Tir exit and dragged her feet to her apartment. More blur. Then a conversation with Dorian, who came over to visit. Her first and only visitor during those two weeks. After he left, she reached her bedroom and called at the Monastery...

Master Eyyot, the Master of the Temple of the Purple Dragon, quickly sent out a couple of her fellow students to pick Cherelle up and take her back to the Monastery on the Friday night. Cher was in bad shape. She couldn't recall the first day there, but her mind started to catch up on the Saturday evening. Of course, her first reflex was to look for her comlink to contact Assembly... Master Eyyot hid the comlink. Cher wasn't pleased with that, but after her Master swore he'd let her know if something urgent came up, she finally sighed and agreed to let go for the time of her stay. She often told so to Jen, Assembly's strength doesn't rely on one individual, they would be fine... She let go of the worry, let go of the weight, let go of the threats.

Now that she was back home, she felt like catching up. Much to sort out after all hell broke loose in so little time... The threat Omega was posing was dealt with. Now, the hard part was to help him learn of the ways of our clan. That was no small task. And how would the rest of the clan deal with him... Nobody seemed to be worried before that he was a shade. Suddenly, it's one big deal... But Cher was trained to look in hearts through the darkest secrets... even her own, when she could figure it out. And the conclusion she came to is that Omega was a being, both raw and sophisticated, living on primal instincts, in the predator and prey logic. She knew he could learn, since after she talked with him and explained, the best she could, why Omega shouldn't prey on clanners. That was still far from what Assembly stands for, but Ivan was gone, and Omega was obviously starting over from square one, having only kept fragmental, disorganized information that Ivan has had. A proper education would be no easy task, considering the contempt Omega would have to face within the clan*

"He's still a member, but he'll face reject, maybe even mockery... Nothing very suiting to a learning being. I just hope people will still remember that we fight for freedom and respect. If they can't show any respect for a life form different than their own, then they're no better than Omni-Tek leaders." Cher nodded once. "Damn, and I'll have to tell Jen if she doesn't know already... Aw hell, I'm not even sure where to start..." Cherelle winced slightly, then sighed. "From the beginning, Cher. From the beginning." She pushed the sheets aside and stood up. She glanced at her comlink and decided to grab a coffee first. She slightly grinned, remembering that Arlyne had told her not to drink coffee in her condition. Cher's grin grew wider. Forbidden things were often sweeter.

Kevin after a chat with Omega

The sounds of squeaking filled Kevin's small apartment, marker flying back and forth over the dry erase board--Over the past two hours it'd been filled, erased, and filled again, a myriad of words, scribbles, lines and circles pouring out over it's canvas. Kevin sighed and stood back, mouth twisted into a frown as he looked over the contents.

Circle number one. Ivanelme. Also known, apparently, as Omega. Disassociative identity disorder, for starters... delusions of grandure... a whole host of psychological issues. Something called an 'awakening'--Awakening to what? The word 'memories' was circled as well, a host of question marks surrounding it's outside. He remembered nothing before this all happened. Didn't know who 'Ivan' was, didn't remember what he was doing at the time. Kevin scribbled an exclaimation mark by the circle--This would be the key, knowing where he was and what he was doing when it all happened.

Nuser. Circle number two. Kevin had done some homework on her after his first conversation with Ivan. Nanomage Liberation Front. Notum. Notum was written out to the side of her name, more question marks. Bio-rhythmic energy travelled through notum. It was detectable through notum. If Ivan had sucked up too many souls, then notum had to be connected in there somewhere. But how did Nuser fit in? What made her soul so special that he needed it? He'd have to contact her later.

Then there was Jen. Mindshifting... Kevin's lips frowned as he thought about what she'd described. Maybe it'd be effective, maybe it wouldn't. Something different, that's for sure. And like he'd told Cain, sometimes the only way to combat the unknown is to toss the similiarly unknown up against it. At the very least, it'd give him some options on how to further diagnose the problem. If she didn't hurt herself in the process.... and him. No sense trying to dissuade her, though--He knew that wouldn't lead anywhere. Just try to make things as calm as possible. Let her do her thing, learn what's there, then work on a treatment plan.

And finally Cain... the big problem. So far he was doing great in making himself look like a complete and utter tool. If there was one thing Kevin didn't appreciate it was being 'tested'. So far all the man had done was push the limits of his patience, but that wasn't the least of the problems. Everything Cain said and did had an air of deception underneath it, like he didn't want Ivan back. He kept saying that Omega wasn't a bad thing, or a bad person--Jen herself mentioned that Cain just wanted to use Ivan as a weapon. So no, no trust there. But if he kept on like he was doing... it'd only make things worse.

Kevin shook his head, snapping the marker's lid back onto it's top. Feeding Ivan's delusion was one thing, but where Cain had taken it was... beyond what was needed. It's one thing to placate, and it's a whole other to encourage. He'd started telling flat-out lies to Ivan, trying to turn him against Jen, trying to feed the new identity into going completely insane. He was trying to make him turn against everyone. Trying to make him start killing.

Kevin turned and plopped down against the couch, eyes closing gently as he replayed everything that Ivan had said. A hunger. An awakening. Nuser. No memories. New voices. Lonliness. That was a big one. He'd need to know more about Ivan's past, where he came from and what his previous personal life was like. The fact that he claimed not to understand the concept of being alone--Was this a defense mechanism? Something that manifested itself due to a fear of being alone? It'd explain why he referred to himself as a collective, and why there were no defined splits between the personalities. Everyone inside his head got along, chatted well enough, experienced no disparity. Like having your own travelling social circle.

But it didn't explain the voices. Didn't explain a lot of things, really. But there had to be a connection--A place where the metaphysical met the realistic, where things crossed over from that boundry between known science and the new frontier. Kevin tapped the marker against his lips in silence, staring out toward the wall nearby. The only thing he knew, for now, was that he was smack dab in the middle of yet another fine mess.

Omega and Nuser...and someone else.

Yesterday

Omega had been sitting atop the Borealis tower shop for some time now. The gentle breeze blowing from the east was managing to slightly ruffle their cape. Omega was perched there, waiting for Nuser to appear in front of the fourth apartment complex. They had no plans to kill her today, they only wanted a little fun from their prey. Omega had found a frequency in the communications systems located within the helmet. They believe Nuser might be on this system in some amount of time. So Omega waited.

Omega's eyes began to shut. It had been a few days since they slept, and this waiting for Nuser gave them an opportunity to do so. The visions appeared again, as they always did when their eyes were closed. The blur between dreams and memories growing by the day. They had only awoken weeks ago, yet these dreams seemed ancient. There was a slight familiarity to them, though, and there was something about them Omega did not fully understand. The winds started blowing from the west now, Omega had picked up the smell of a few mages. Perhaps Nuser was finally there.

The waiting game was over, Omega finally spotted the target. Omega switched to the frequency, Nuser immediately seemed to clam up, but Omega could hear her breathing, and like a tiger pounced on the prey. "Is that Nuser we hear there? Surely you must know there is no where you can hide from us." Omega's fun had begun.

It had been some time since the initial conversation had began. Nuser had run inside her apartment, two guards waiting at the entrance. They were bickering between each other, a few people chiming in where they saw fit. One of which decided to call Omega Daisy after Nuser began to comment on their name. Omega didn't know this person really, but felt they would personally enlighten them some other time. They decided to make this game a little more fun. "Oh Nuser, what's the matter? Scared of little old us? Perhaps that is why you are hiding in that little apartment of yours." Omega had a big grin on their face as Nuser came back with an astonished denial. Omega knew she had an image to uphold in front of her little minions. Yet they relished in the fun they were having.

The bickering continued, during this Omega moved to the top of the apartment entrance. The guards hadn't noticed him moving on the rooftops. Omega wanted to spook Nuser, but they needed her to come outside. They wanted the populace of Borealis to see her cower in their presence. When Nuser finally did step out, she made it a point to stand behind three nanomage guards. Omega made it a point to point out her fear of them. It seemed Omega had a reputation to uphold as well, which they intended to do very easily.

Eventually a man appeared wanting to speak to Nuser. The man was huge, and covered in a battered armor. It was brown, and dusty. His voice sounded almost like that of a machine, cool and calm. Omega was interested by this man, and so they decided to check him out. Omega eyed the man for a second. They started to walk toward Nuser, wanting to chat with her about him. Nuser backed away instantly, trying to keep as much distance from them as possible, Omega cherished this thought.

The man, though, finally got between Nuser and Omega, and shoved Omega away from her. "Do that to us once more, and you will regret it." Omega shrilled. "Is that so?" the mechanical voice of the man replied as he started walking forward shoving Omega a second time. Omega tensed up and lunged at the man. Effortlessly the hulking figure shoved him backwards. "That all you got little man?" the voice chuckles mocking Omega. Tensed again Omega lunged at him, jumping in the air at the last moment, twisting so their face would be at his back. As soon as their feet hit the ground Omega's rapier was plunged into the small of the man's back. Falling to the floor the man screamed while throwing Omega into the wall of the apartment complex. The man turned, Omega was slightly stunned, and raised his gun firing toward them. Omega jumped out of the way at the last moment. The recoil of the gun keeping the man from following them, giving Omega the opportunity they needed. Once more Omega lunged at him. Omega's rapier slit through the man's throat, blood gushing everywhere as the man fall dieing to the floor.

Perhaps that will teach him not to mess with us

At this time Jen had showed up looking to talk to Omega. Jen and Nuser exchanged words, and Jen pulled Omega away. She wanted to talk to them about something or other. Omega told her they would comply in a few hours. They needed some time to think about this man and the events of the day.

Cher and Omega having a heated conversation

Opening the can - Part I

"Come on, girl... You gotta stand strong now...", she whispered to herself. Cher sighed deeply. Acknowledge your fear but let it not paralyze you, as it is a signal not to be ignored. The precepts of her Temple were running through her mind . It would have been easier for her to simply forget them for a while... But she couldn't.

She was starting to feel the strain of trying to be a bridge between Omega and the rest of Assembly. "Why am I putting myself through this anyway?..." she muttered. Because you believe. She glanced at her comlink.
    [Assembly] Xeenah: Omega, are you in the middle of something at the moment?

She walked toward the tables outside Neuter's R Us and she was glancing at the bar's entrance when the voices raised behind her. "You wanted to see us?" Cher turned around and walked to a table further from the bar. She hopped on the table.
    — I don't like those seats, they're too low to allow me to see properly. Hope you don't mind if I sit on the table -
    — Get on with this, Omega interrupted.
    — As you wish.

Her expression chilling, she pulled out her holopad and entered the code of demotion. Ivanelme raised a brow. Shoving the holopad in her compression pack, she looked up at Omega. "Jen reached a decision that is rather logical. Ivanelme is no more, as you stated. So you will be allowed to stay in Assembly and will be given time to learn what you need to learn."

Omega glanced over at Akhilleus. "Continue." he said, his eyes still focusing on the nanomage's back. "Our clan business is none of Akhilleus' business" she said on his secure link. Omega glanced back at Cher.
    — You were saying.
    — He's still around. I have him locked on my HUD, Cher said with a grin
    — We know.
    — ~The sneaky little bastard~ Anyway...
    — By starting as applicant, you will get the time to learn more about us, about the clans and all that.

Cherelle paused for a moment
    — Another thing... You said you needed to stay with Assembly. Why?
    — We've told you this already.
    — Filling a part of the void is rather vague... Then again, I'm not in your shoes, Cherelle said with a shrug.
    — Vague only because you do not comprehend.
    — Exactly. Remember that comprehension is not a one way thing, though.
    — You would not understand even if we explained it to you.
    — Maybe.

Cherelle glanced again at her HUD. "He's gone, at last..." Xeenah watched her HUD for a couple of seconds, then nodded. "Yes" said Omega. Cher sighed. "Continue" said Omega flatly.
    — It's not easy... ~Damn Ka...~ ...Okay.

Cher inhaled. "People have been tiptoeing around you since you arrived. Some want to use you, some want to see you leave. They don't know how they should treat you, and they're scared of you. I've been putting my ass on the line to keep you in this clan, and so is Jen. Why?
    — Why what?
    — Because even if you're different, even if you're like nothing I've ever seen before, you are a living creature and you remembered you belong with Assembly. And I will not let you down if I think there's a chance that you and the rest of Assembly can learn to work together."

She hopped down the table and started pounding back and forth. "If you snarl at them, they will want you out. You would feel the same if situation was reversed. After all, why would they trust you? They don't know much about you. But they all know that you can kill them. Permanently. Okay, it might take you down with them... But still. So, that's a thin ice we're been walking on."

She climbed back on the table and sat down, setting her nunchakus beside her. She watched Omega quietly.
    — I wanted to give you a chance.
    — Is that all?

Cherelle felt impatience arise within her.
    — I was hoping you'd have something to say about it, but maybe you didn't give it a thought yet.
    — You are telling us something that we have been told before.
    — Someone else said that? Let me guess... Jen.
    — The general jist was there. Yes, the boss lady indeed.
    — See, that's exactly what I was talking about.. You want respect. You want people to call you Omega and not Ivan. What about returning the favor? Would be a good start...

Omega shooted a glance over at Cherelle. She chose to shrug it off and kept going.
    — Because if you keep mocking Jen, it will sooner or later wear off on other clan members and disrupt this clan you need to belong to.
    — Perhaps when the boss lady stops cracking the whip, she will get our respect.
    — Until then we and you have nothing to discuss.

Impatience was starting to make her foot bounce. Why the hell am I putting myself through this? Why do I bother... She looked at the masked Opifex before her.
    — Cracking the whip? How did she do that?
    — Rules and restrictions. Not finishing Nuser till we do it for the "right" reasons. As if there was a right reason.
    — There are reasons beyond predator and prey.
    — If you want to work together with us, perhaps instead of us being forced to do as you do, say as you say; you learn a bit about us.
    — I want to, but not at the cost of clan risking being disrupted.
    — We are getting tired of this useless show of power you just happen to hold over us. Always wanting us to change, yet you all seem incapable of doing so yourselves.

Cher tilted her head to the side. "And what do you know about us, about me, to throw such a judgment." Alright, that's it. Impatience heated up into anger. She started shouting. "You know nothing about the changes I've already undergone! As for the show of power, you have more than any of us! Don't you realize it?"

She quickly turned around and walked off. The hell with it! I'm outta here! She walked past the dish and was halfway through Newland when her private link went live, the voices of Omega snarling venomously.
    — You fail to see the power we hold is equal to that of yours. You hold death over our heads if we do not ask how high when you say jump.
    — Didn't you hear what I've told you? If I wanted to kill you, I would have done so! I didn't, I healed you... Can't you see nothing but predator and prey in your world?
    — We see what we see. We do things for our reasons, no different then the rest of you. You talk about death, of being scared of us. We seem to remember having no ill will toward you until the misunderstanding. We have bent as far as we can bend. Yet you want more.
    — *I* know that. The others are still wondering what happened to Ivan, and some think it's a psychological problem that can be cured...
    — Always demanding things of us. Always wanting more. Wanting us to be a pawn in your war.
    — Ooo-hoo no. Don't go there.

Cherelle's voice lowered, her eyes narrowing. She was trying to fight the strong desire to shut the comlink off. Omega kept going.
    — You talk of those who want to use us as a tool, as a whole you all are no different.
    — And when you say "you", who exactly are you talking about? Me? Or a general you?
    — BP wants you as war pet.
    — We know of this.
    — I don't agree with BP's behavior. Because it's no way to treat a fellow clanner.
    — Why don't you describe these ways of treating a fellow clanner.
    — Because it's common knowledge learned from the craddle... I couldn't possibly sum them all up. It's learned through time and experiences and interactions with other people.

Omega smirked. Cher asked flatly.
    — Why the smirk. Because I can admit my limits?
    — You have no limits but those you admit to.

She snorted.
    — ~Yeah, right, so that's probably why I almost died a couple of days ago. Right. Sure.~ Funny... That reminds me of Kotras' logon message...

At this moment, Omega's face seemed absorbed by some inner thinking and a mummering of voices came through. He seemed to snap out of it.
    — We feel it is time we enlighten you. We have never attempted this before, but we feel this can end the debate once and for all.
    — Maybe... I don't think I can keep trying to be a bridge between you and the others.
    — Not without a better understanding.
    — If this works for you, perhaps the others will follow. We have only a theory to go by. You don't have that unsightfull stuff on you still do you?
    — Yes... I don't want to let it fall in hands that would use it against you... Err, *on* me?
    — We mean is it sill covering you?
    — Oh, no, but it passed in my body from skin contact.
    — We can try this then.
    — And the container is safely hidden in my account.
    — You know where we are,
    — Still at Neuter's R Us?
    — Yes.
    — Okay...

Cher looked away from her comlink. She had just entered her apartment and she looked around, her eyes falling on her favorite painting. It brought some peace to her mind. Alright... He's opening a door... Either you go in, and have a chance of finding answers, or you don't and the occasion may never come around again... She sighed deeply and headed back outside.

A few days ago

Fools!
    Cain had slammed his fist against a tree, droplets of blood decorating the bark. A flock of reets appeared seemingly out of nowhere and tried to fly away. He angrily aimed his grenade launcher and fired a round with deadly accuracy, the projectile impaled the bird and took him for a ride of several hundred meters before the automatic three-second primer detonated. He was furious.

Such fools! I cannot even *begin* to understand! Is it just because they hate me back the same?
    Looking around, he sat under the tree. Night was soon to come, but any potential predators he'd probably tear up with his bare hands. His eyes burning with malevolence.

Why are they so *blind*? Can't they see what that shade is capable of? Are we... Am I working towards a different goal?

His mind was filled with dozens of thoughts, each being an argument against Assembly's stupidity, and although he tried to find one that was the most crushing, all led to the same point. He fired up his display. It was no time for rage, he knew that perfectly, despite also knowing how much inflicting pain onto others calmed him. His stream of thoughts quickly translated into commands. Diethylcathinone up, adrenaline and it's derivatives down.

Instantly, he regained clarity of thoughts.

It seems everybody who matters is set to reach his own goal regarding Ivan. But disturbingly enough, all of those plans coincide at one point - Tussa's. That doctor.. Kevin, wants to treat him as a lab rabbit. Kotts is just following orders and relaying everything like a good puppy, just as I could expect, and Cher's just making him harmless to Assembly members. All the rest just don't know. They're not to blame... they're just following the leader. It's a shame that the more I try to convince them, the more they rebel against me. I have yet to see but one of them actually question Tussa's decision regarding Ivan.

After a moment's pause

Maybe they don't realize that shade's potential? If he *can* perma-kill, and can't be perma-killed himself, then what more is there to ask? Supreme loyalty, and that is exactly what has been given. He is a blank page, one we can fill with whatever mindless pompatic heroic propaganda we see fit. Should a green-light on this be given, we would have an immortal fighter of to-the-death loyalty. We would have a death-machine incarnate. Who knows how many foes would he slaughter? What are those fools still waiting for? This is war damn it - and morals don't survive war. Should we turn him into what he is intentionally, I understand your cry, your sudden outburts of morality, but he did it himself! And he chose the path of being our weapon. And now we want to turn him back? Because what, too many of us are still alive? Or because there's reclaim so we don't have to worry? Oh, wise Tussa, if you want to rescue Ivan from his terrible fate, go and kill Nuser yourself! You will save that poor innocent soul from being a tool in my wretched hands!

The aggression was rising once again

What is it you want to save? What is it that's so precious? A person long-gone? A person you will never restore? HE'S GONE! NOTHING CAN BRING HIM BACK! Medicine, the art that has been perfected for dozens of Milena can't help him, and a shaman of the modern age claims that with the touch of a magic hand it will all be good, it will all be how it once was? Because you cannot take a loss? Even if the loss is for the good of the clans?

He stood up, a wave of hatered had set him ablaze. The punched the very same tree he sat under before, this time the bark shattering and the impression of his hand several centmeters into the living wood. A trail of blood quickly poured over the plant's wound, before another punch with the same hand hit the innocent tree. Fibers bend and wood squeaked, taking punch after punch from the raging man. With his hand shattered at too many points to continue , he glanced at the bloody mess with disgust.

I must remember to stop doing that to myself.

He sat down again, the numbing pain working better than any drug. He couldn't be bothered with using a medkit. He seemed to be slightly annoyed as he took out a tourniquet and squeezed it around his severely bleeding hand, and enabled pain suppression for that area. Somatic pain was still to be felt outside the immediate area mostly due to the shattered bones, but it wasn't deconcentrating anymore.

Tussa, you are the kind of leader who loses a war in the most human way possible. You forget that the victor will never be asked if he told the truth.. and that the victor, in the end, will always be the good guy.... I joined the Sentinels hoping to see people who prioritize winning the war higher than striving for 100% survivability.. only cowards can hope for that.

He moved his hand as if to throw something. A stream of blood accelerated by the power of inertia flew off the hand and landed somewhere on some leaves, but it was already too dark to notice exactly where. Was he just bored? Or thinking what to say next?

The situation demands a change of plans.
    He stood up and started walking towards civilization.
    Last edited by Ivanelme; Dec 6th, 2006 at 05:31:58. Reason: Title: Cain after a talk with Assembly members about Omega

Cher becoming Omega for a while.

Opening the can - Part II

Omega was still at the tables outside Neuter's R Us, standing at the same spot he was when Cherelle left. He watched her walk toward him, standing still. "Well." he said.

Cherelle glanced at him. "What do you mean by enlighten me? Last time you said that, you did a demonstration that I'll never forget." Omega removed his helmet. "We are more and more self aware of what we can do."

He walked up to her, getting uncomfortably close. Cher fought a shudder. "We are not sure what will happen, but this might end some questions." His voices had spoken quietly. She frowned slightly. "What are you doing?...", she almost whispered. The two Opifexes were facing each other, only a few inches between them. Cherelle got herself together again. "Do you expect me to step back?" Omega ignored her comment. "Here it begins. Do not fight what is about to happen." Cher's mind reeled quickly. "Then give me a second, please..."

She closed her eyes. "Ready?" asked Omega. Still eyes closed, she was trying to make herself ready. For what, she had no idea, though her infamous FOSS - Female Opifex Sixth Sense - was hinting her to keep an open mind. "I've been there before... I'll let it flow, not fight it... Like the ghosts of my friends... It will pass... It will pass..." she faintly whispered to herself. Omega grabbed Cher's head and brought it down until their foreheads touched. She inhaled slowly, deeply, her face turning quiet. Omega's eyes locked with hers. Cherelle could see behind his eyes a plethora of faces and souls.

Suddenly, it started. Her mind felt a flow coming in. undistinct... World is fading... There's only white around me. No... Over there, before me... People. Thousands of people. They're standing... They're screaming! They're shouting, mummering, whispering among themselves...

Cherelle was keeping her forehead with Omega's, focusing, shivering slightly. She didn't seem to be aware of the world around her anymore. "Bit of a 'close talker' huh?" said Willow, watching curiously. After a bit, Willow left without a word.

Cher's eyes were locked with Omega's. His face twitched. One of the spirits saw me... Cher held her breath for a moment, her eyes widening slightly. Uh hoh... He's walking forward, coming closer... Cher's breathing speeded up slightly. He's walking forward, coming closer... Clawing! He's clawing toward me!

Cherelle stiffened. It's making its way inside me! Tearing my flesh! No scratch?... It's clawing inside me!!! Cherelle frowned in both anger and fear, but grabbed Omega's shoulders, hanging on to him. Suddenly, the whiteness surrounding her mind was snapped out by blackness. She tried to focus her mind. A sea of voices... So many! Too many! It's too much! "~I... will... not... fight... it..." Her mind was merely able to grasp a thought of her own. They're drowning meeeeeeee... "~Let it floooooow!!!~" and she gave in.

Omega was beginning to tremor slightly as Cherelle was starting to shake. She tightened her fingers on Omega's shoulders, keeping her forehead with his for a few more seconds. Her mind was becoming many, forgetting her own name. She could feel the shoulders she was holding through a thousand hands. She wasn't aware that her own body was starting to tremor, simultaneously to Omega's one. She wasn't aware either of the presence of Akhilleus watching. She was absent to the world, totally absorbed by the blackness in her spirit, in her spirits...

She was Omega. Visions started to fly across her head. War. Destruction. Chaos. Images were flashing faster. Ruins of a planet vaguely familiar, with a crowd chanting... "David! David! David!" Her body was bouncing slightly. Her entire being, through her multiple spirits, felt overwhelmed with fear and dread... almost as if her death was impending.

Cher was still staring in Omega's eyes, her body shaken up by violent tremors. Her mind was filled with fear, feeling sucked down, swirling in a downward spiral. A gread void within herself, threatening to consume her, like a black hole within her body... Cher inhaled raggedly. Omega's legs started limping, his nose bleeding. Cher gasped, as the spirits pulled back from her own...

They both collapses and fell to the ground. Blood was coming from Omega's nose. Cher was holding her head. ~They're all here... there all here...~, she whispered unconsciously. Her mind slowly started to become aware of the surroundings again, her hands were only two hands... A voice, familiar, reached her consciousness through her comlink.

"Huh what? I couldn't hear you?" Arlyne... Cher took a few deep breaths and let go of her head. She slowly pushed herself up from the ground, shaking, and saw the small Opifex on the ground next to her. He seemed unconscious, but the voices were mummering to themselves.

"Oh dear gods... How can he live like that..." She felt a deep sadness for this tormented being. She was amazed that he could still care enough to try reaching out to her, hoping to be understood... Fear and loniness. Ever. She sighed, frowning slightly. "Omega?... Are you okay?" she asked, worried to see his nose bleed.

"Cher, speak up, I couldn't hear you." Arlyne sounded concerned. "Just thinking out loud" Cher replied faintly, shivering slightly. Cher glanced again at Omega, the voices mummering to themselves, his body twitching slighlty. She frowned. "You drained yourself..." she said faintly. "****... Can't let him like that... Not here... This Akhilleus will call his friends in and get him", she whispered to herself.

"Okay well", said Arlyne over the comlink. Cher ran Greater Restore Essence a few times on Omega, her hands shaking, almost fumbling. His body stopped twitching, his eyes opening faintly. "Now you know." His voices faintly got the words out. She nodded slowly. "I don't understand all that I've seen... felt... ~It was so dense...~"

She managed to stand up and extended a hand to Omega. He waved it away and stumbled on to his feet. "Was wondering if you two would be interested in something..." Arlyne's voice brought Cher further back to reality. She watched him put his helmet back on. "Why refusing my hand?" she asked. "We can do it ourselves." Cherelle frowned sadly, watching him as he stumbled his way over to one of the bartenders. "Of course..." she said absent-mindedly, knowing all too well what would happen. She turned around, hearing the bartender's angered voice pesting at Omega. She heard the gunshot, then a thump. She closed her eyes for a moment, overwhelmed with mixed emotions. She slowly headed toward the Newland gates.

The chattering between Arlyne and Willow have been going on. She could hardly pay attention until now. "C'mon Cher, snap out of it, damnit!" she muttered to herself. She stopped beside the grid access and tried to focus on what Willow and Arlyne were saying.

[Assembly] Varija: just wanted to do something with both of you i dont really anything specific in mind
    [Assembly] Minnx: Oh well, I'm game for anything, aliens, Inner Sanctum, Adonis
    [Assembly] Xeenah: Uh huhhhhh..
    [Assembly] Varija: Inner Sanctum
    [Assembly] Xeenah: ...
    [Assembly] Minnx: now your speakin' my language
    [Assembly] Xeenah: ~Bordel de merde. Et comment je suis censιe entrer lΰ , moi...~
    [Assembly] Xeenah: *faintly whimpers*
    [Assembly] Minnx: now Cher is NOT speaking my language
    [Assembly] Xeenah: I think I have a pass somewhere that Anuket gave me...
    [Assembly] Xeenah: It's not permanent, I think
    [Assembly] Xeenah: And I only have one.
    [Assembly] Minnx: I merely have a robe somewhere
    [Assembly] Varija: is there anyone else on that would like to come?
    [Assembly] Ivanelme: We have....other things we need to do.
    [Assembly] Ivanelme: *voice trails a little bit*
    [Assembly] Varija: ~oh~
    [Assembly] Xeenah: He will not be ready just yet, maybe a bit later...
    [Assembly] Varija: ~shudders~

Omega sat perched on a hill. A chilling breeze piercing the cuts and scrapes on their body, drying beads of sweat that had accumulated after their last hunt. At their feet the breeze ruffled the fabric of their victims cloak. There were no gashes or cuts on the body, just a bruise on the person's forehead. His skin color gone, and with it the spark of life he once knew.

Omega's dreams and internal torment had been increasing. Their struggle beginning to show outside their flesh. Their muscles were bulging, as if there was something inside them trying to escape. Their skin turning a pale white, cold to the touch. Their eyes also white, pale, lifeless. Where once Omega stood looking like a man, now in their place stood what appeared to be a walking, breathing, thinking, corpse. It was as if the void they claimed was inside them had sucked the very life out of them. Taking no notice of the daily appeasement he offered it until he finished his predatory game.

We feel pain, so much pain. Torment from this demon that lives inside us, consuming us. And our dreams, always about death. We need to finish this game soon.

Omega looked to the spear. It's cold steely shine transfixed them the first time they saw it. It was as if the weapon called out to them, begging to be a part of their plan. Omega felt forced to oblige it, to incorporate it into their daily routine. The spear itself seemed to calm them, focus them on their goal. As if the spear had a mind of it's own, talking to them.

We, lost in our thoughts, must find a way to end our torment. We, the ones who are not understood, must make those realize what we deal with. Only then may we live in peace.

((Just for later reference, and to let for other reaons, here is a full physical description of Ivan/Omega. Reference pictures will be posted at the bottom after the text description is complete.

Ivan/Omega:

Pale white skin with grey spotches randomly dotting his body. The skin on the face sunken in, bones clearly visible, as if tightly wrapped around a christmas present. Skin around eyes dark black, a sickly pinkish yellow scar penetrating the blandness of his face, running from his forehead down through his left eye and close to the center of his lips. Only small traces of hair remain on his scalp. His eyes are blank white, except the left which has red blood vessels dotting through it from the trauma of the scar.

The skin on his chest is tight against his muscles, only showing bone down near the end of his ribcage. Several small scars dot his sides each having the same color as the one on his face. The sunken in portion below his ribcage gives way to a patch of abdominal muscles, that seem to extend like tendrils through the shallow portion og his stomach. Small scars dot the sides of his chest, each having the same putrid color as the one on his face.

The skin on his legs and arms follows the same style as that on his chest. Every muscle is shown in brilliant detail. Creating a landscape that resembles mountains and their respective vallies on a land that is barren and white like a frozen wasteland.

His hands and feet refect the same pattern as his face, the skin comes off the mountains of his legs and arms, and wraps the bones tightly. The hands and feet are like those of a skeleton.

Through out his body, veins, arteries, and capillaries are shown in brilliant detail. Creating rivers of color over the landscape that is his skin. Seeming to show the last sign of life that is left in this body.

Okay, picture time...some of these are going to be slightly graphic (aka the one showing what the tone of the scar is going to look like.)

Dead Skin:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...l/deadskin.jpg

Eye color look: (not as femanine)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../whiteeyes.jpg

Facial Shape as well as basic body structure (grey skin tone also fits with the speckles that are on Omega's body):
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../faceshape.jpg

Muscle Definition: (not exactly how big, just a notice in how defined they are with the skin)
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...definition.jpg

Sitting position I would take if the game allowed:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ngposition.jpg))
    Last edited by Ivanelme; Jan 27th, 2007 at 05:50:48.

(( Well, I had this other speech pattern that I used before I got so utterly tired of it I had to switch. So, I adopted a new idea that I had been brewing for some time, waiting to post here until I could come up with the best explanation for this world.

Okay, Omega now utilized some of the spirits in his collective to actually speak to people because he now lacks the physical capabilities to do so. As in he is channeling himself to you, allowing his speech to be heard. Think of it like him sending a messenger soul back and forth relaying a message. The same channel rules apply, it's a mental interpretation of what he is doing and it happens subconsciously. While on Rubi-Ka these connections can't really be seen, the tendrils aren't visible to the eye. But within the Shadowlands these can be seen. Sort of how those spirits can be seen walking around all over the place. Think of them flailing around him, connected to his body as if they were extensions of himself, yet they are unable to do any real physical action because of the need for a host body. And because these tendrils aren't really a completely conscious entity they are unable to read minds or anything of the sort, consider them like worker drones, they really become a new extrasensory perception, he can't see, hear, or smell anyone..he just feels them without knowing their exact location.

Now as you may have noticed I have started using ".." in Omega's speech, this is just a recognition of how he speaks, as if to remind you that it's not really him talking, but something else speaking his words to you. So, there ya have it, the new form of speech, with as good of a physical explanation as I can provide.))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12