Thread: Another Tl 7 PvP thread!

Another Tl 7 PvP thread!

Hello all!

Firstly, my engi is Atrox and currently tl6. I'm still farming items/levels. My goal is to be focused primarily on PvP, with decent PvM capability.

I've been looking around at other setups on forums and in-game and I've come up with the following setup for tl 7 PvP:

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=202710

Neck- 5k board
    Back- Awakened Burden
    Shoulder- Awakened SoS

My request is for feedback and opinions on the posted setup as well as relevant tips for PvP in today's Anarchy Online as an Engi. I've read most of the guides/posts available on these forums, and watched a few videos on YT, but I do not have much experience in PvP @ 220.

Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.

P.s. I'm at work and have not ran these number on a skill emulator, so I'm not sure what total hp/nano, ar/def, or nanoskills end at.

Solid setup, basically what I use except missing a few end game items. You might need to use an artillery crepscule chest for the AS skill, I think you need 1770 or 1776 to reach hard cap
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

atm there are a few setups of engineer possible, depends on what kind of you want to be.

MK6 + with high survivability = Great AS + Beast-CH with ~13-14s AS recharge
    MK6 + setup like urs but pretty squishy and capped AS at 11s. Like Dys said, you should go for 1767 AS. Use AS-Implant instead of EoE
    AMEP + Craphander for High AR and perkdmg (Beast CH or CC , always 11s AS but not as relieable as MK6)

@ur setup: I suggest to invest more in survivability aka HP, ending somewhere at 22-24k HP.
    @MK6-setup: AR is not so important because you will not perk much anyway and AS is nearly capped every time

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post
    atm there are a few setups of engineer possible, depends on what kind of you want to be.

MK6 + setup like urs but pretty squishy and capped AS at 11s. Like Dys said, you should go for 1767 AS. Use AS-Implant instead of EoE
    AMEP + Craphander for High AR and perkdmg (Beast CH or CC , always 11s AS but not as relieable as MK6)

@ur setup: I suggest to invest more in survivability aka HP, ending somewhere at 22-24k HP.
    @MK6-setup: AR is not so important because you will not perk much anyway and AS is nearly capped every time
    In all honesty that extra HP isnt really needed unless you're against an NT with some abilities on cooldown or against an agent that knows how to play. Otherwise most professions on my own engi with mk6 silverback setup and almost all required items is damn near overkill most of the time. Getting into 2v1 or higher situations is when it starts to get dicey. Try the setup at the most extreme at first that way you understand your limits of gear/twinking and then scale back from there in my opinion. At least you get the hardest part out of the way first and foremost leaving the other potential setups a ****load more breathing room in terms of execution and items needed to accomplish goals. You should only need an extra set of betas and maybe 200-230ql symbiants or ql250ish set of buffing implants. I was able to get awakened burden on with those 4 imps equipped with only 70-80% CL xp'd to be on the safe side.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

Don't be afraid to make a setup on testlive and pair yourself against some of the TL allstars you see on the forums from time to time, as well as professionals and BugHunters/Devs if and/or when you see them. I think you're in a decent situation to take advantage of this bub.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post

In full beast setup it will be at 22 sec ish recharge. In other hand with only 12 man i sit at 21k hp will ful cc +abeast sleeve and crep chest (11sec recharge) i wont call it squishy.
    I swaped recently to Troaler/dkp, it is less powerful but less boring too -same hp than previous setup, we got ****load of IP now!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Do like me, try all available pvp setups and chose what is comfortable for you. I'd love AMEP-onehander, silverback and KEC3
    Nemezyda PvP/DD/Solo PVM/tradeskill engineer.
    Nemezyda's Top Craft with low IP cost Guide.
    Nemezyda's Implants Assembling Guide
    Alceona Ordinary MP.
    Baldhead He has a shiny baldhead.
    Lucepher 220 Enfo
    Cyborgwizard 200 NT

I did a full reset on my Engi and actually swap a few things according to need.

In general I use CC+DB chest setup but with AIT3 perked.

Gun choice is AMEP+Peh'wer offhand

But I also carry Troa'er + IDBEP (pretty decent damage and have AS+burst which is kinda nice) but can alternate to AMEP+OH

I also carry a whole crapload of nanoskills and TS gear, and I can swap to a setup with 350 more nanoskills with just Rclicks.

So, it's not 100% geared for a specific PVP encounter, but highly versatile, AND I can TS 300 AI armor + all normal gadgets and crap.

I built him this way because I'm not interested in paying a second account atm with my original TSer on it.

AMEP+IDBEP actually crank damage now with the extra 7% crit available with off board and ASOS, not to mention 7% MoP/TTS; but also being swappable to a 2100+ nanoskill setup is perfect for stuff like Phobettor. Overall, pretty happy with my Engi, and in standard setup have 20k+ HP.

Thank you all for the replies! I like hearing how versatile engi can be. I haven't had much play time in the past week, but I'm back in town and ready to get this thing going. I will also make a setup on test to play around with.

One particular question I have is about the perks in the posted setup. I had some extra SL perks that I dumped into enhanced health, is that a normal thing? Or will those be better use somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by RawR View Post
    Thank you all for the replies! I like hearing how versatile engi can be. I haven't had much play time in the past week, but I'm back in town and ready to get this thing going. I will also make a setup on test to play around with.

One particular question I have is about the perks in the posted setup. I had some extra SL perks that I dumped into enhanced health, is that a normal thing? Or will those be better use somewhere else?
    Enhanced health has been a pretty important staple for PVP engies for quite a long time.

Mechanic was a pretty decent line that made it a lot easier for engies to keep their dog alive with a 10k heal, and the nanoskills helped to reduce swapping pre 18.7.

Gadgeteer didn't work, but then after 18.7 when the nanoskills changed and gadgeteer got fixed, gadgeteer became a pretty key part of the setup.

I actually found that deconstruction was far more utilized than the reconstruction heal. With a lot more HP floating around now, and the boosted self blockers, I'm not sure that those 7 perks couldn't be used elsewhere.

At the very least you should try sticking them into:

1. Max alchemist (the seal wounds dot purge is very effective vs both doctors and NT's)
    2. try sticking 7 perks in mechanic, it's good for duelling because you can do a big heal on your dog equivalent to about 20k pre-PVP adjustment on your dog, and, the AC debuff makes a substantial difference in fights where you really need to squeeze out all the damage possible to make the kill.

But since Gadgeteer got fixed up, I went with a kinda different SL perk setup.

Setup always depends on your aim. Killing some daily guys on BS all setups are fine and play what you like. If it comes to duel situarions it will be different.

For example your chances are pretty low with mk6 and cc vs another Engineer with CH.
    Mk6 can be tough If a heavy alpha is needed. Dont forget 3,5ar+ is not unusual for amep without AI armor.

Squishy was maybe the wrong Word but CH stays CH :-)
    In group pvp its not hard to get +as buff from Agent or advy

22s recharge seems a Bit high and I have to check but a Bit bored to log ao ATM. I have somthing with 14s in my head when i switched from cc to beast. In the end i played amep + full beast.