Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attention Omni PvP'ers

Attention Omni PvP'ers

To whom it may concern:

Please stop asking clan players in OA to buff you while you're flagged. A lot of new players who don't know the PvP gameplay of AO will buff you, they get flagged and you attack someone who has no idea why he got killed for helping you.

This cheap tactic, is a NEGATIVE ACTION which so far, has changed the minds of a few people who were almost going to go paid.

Don't assume because someone is 100+ that he/she knows what happens when the person buffs a flagged player. AO's gameplay is vast, AOU has over 550 guides and it still doesn't cover the whole game.

If you want to earn kills, do it in BS, /duel or if you really want to kill someone old skool, go to Borealis while flagged.

I mean really... are you so desperate for PvP kills that you need to trick others for an easy kill?

Come on, it's hard enough to convince people to give AO a try, then guide them in the right direction so they enjoy the game so they stay for... this crap to get in the way.

Sincerely

Wind
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Send this to the Heros who have change the code
    they create this^^
    ask them to change OA to 100% gas

Kill farming and breaking pvm raids:
    at the last gauntlet spawn, hides our crat far away from Clan
    in the moment where the portal get open our crat comes to enter the ini
    AND CLAN zergs him DOWN to reclaim^^, she get flag from running progs.
    more as every few second click the prog out of ncu she can not do.

so who need more a epeen with kill farming ?
    i think Clan need´s when they bring flag to this place

breaking pvm content with killing players and pulling/train some pande adds to the portal
    to create a huge lag that every who like to walk one step closer to the portal lags down to RK
    and every time i can see a orange point with a lot following red points at the minimap.

HEROS

Carebear faction from carebear server making carebear post.

Would not read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post

Would not read again.
    Coming from the guy who complains about Fgrid tells while he's PvPing.

great troll thread is great
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Maybe you should have someone update this guide:

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=0&id=391

You get flagged from buffing ppl now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post

Would not read again.
    You mean the faction with 17 ish % side xp as opposed to your 4%, and the faction that according to some omnis it's impossible to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    You get flagged from buffing ppl now?
    if you buff / heal / aura ticking on a "tower flagged" toon, you get a 60 sec flag.

"Tower flagged" toon = tower fagged or "daily mish like hacking med booth" flagged

Doest work with regular flag as far as I know...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Doest work with regular flag as far as I know...
    Except when I go into an Inf mish with a flag on my Enf and there's a Crat in the team, and I pass flag to him and it goes back and forth the entire time. Oh yeah, and being wacked by pets + charms is ftw in an Inf Hard ;D

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Except when I go into an Inf mish with a flag on my Enf and there's a Crat in the team, and I pass flag to him and it goes back and forth the entire time. Oh yeah, and being wacked by pets + charms is ftw in an Inf Hard ;D
    I m pretty sure Crat must have run Offensive Aura ... (not the same issue that the new "feature")
    And mongo will reflag you after that ...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Not anymore.. Defencive aura is enough now, heck, even perk aura is enough. WOhoo for the tarded =\

Quote Originally Posted by catdog View Post
    Not anymore.. Defencive aura is enough now, heck, even perk aura is enough. WOhoo for the tarded =\
    Are you *sure* ?

From what I ve seen and tested, there's currently 3 types of flags :

"regular" type flag (lasts 15 min, loose upon death, no level check for buffs / heal : 220 can heal/ buff a level 10, no faction check for combat)
    "tower_flag" type flag (lasts 4 hours or 15 min depending if it's from tower or from daily, stay after death, level check for buffs / heal, faction check for combat)
    "60 sec" type flag (last 60 sec, level check for buffs/heal, faction check for combat)

now, I ve only seen "regular" type flag getting other people flagged by attacking / offensive aura / nuke

now, you get the "60 sec" flag if you heal / buff / aura someone with "tower_flag" type flag *or* a "60 sec" type flag

can anyone confirm ?

(could FC confirm ? I know, I can dream )
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

hahha a noob not upgrading because he got ganked, wow that's holding a grudge

cheap tactic indeed
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Kinda makes me think of "pull on my finger" tactics ...
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

It's a cheap trick that works only once on a toon.
    Ignore the so-called PVPer and you wont hear him next time when he asks for a buff
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by profiteer View Post
    For me it worked the other way around. I got ganked maybe 5 times on the way to totw and I've been killing omnis ever since

However I do believe that in some cases the experience of suddenly getting killed and perhaps not being able to join a raid or a mission due to having to rebuff or whatever may have a evry negative effect on some.

Imo the "new" 60s flag is not well thought out. It should not spread just from regular buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by profiteer View Post
    Thats not how it works and you know it. Because such a mechanic is in place the person would rightfully think its a stupid game for having it. And therefor they go search something where it isnt so anoying. In the end tho its not entirely the game that does this, its his community accepting and abusing the system.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast