Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does LE have for us ?

What does LE have for us ?

Thinking of coming back, but cant find any LE information. Poked around forums, dont see any patch notes or line items for crats.

I do see the features list on the back of thte box, but frankly thats near useless information.

What are Crats getting, what will our focus be in this PVP oriented expansion ? I seem to remember bieng pretty darned useless in 1v1 and mass PVP, I know standing in the back and chating aoe de-root was pretty much all we got.

Anyone got a link, or point me in the right direction before I decide to preorder the LE ?

well, since there's probably going to be a massive grind for research, crats will probably be the first to access any new material. Also, they'll be needed to help power games access new material first.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

I don't think there will be much professions specific items in LE. Guessing from the screen shots I would say the major changes will be regarding tower wars with the mechs, and the intention of the mechs seems to even out the majority of the PvP things as they are a whole new concept.

There will be new weapons and armors, but I doubt they will be much different than the current AI weapons, and the issues with AS and the like will remain since they will be very hard to fix. I don't think FC intended 1on1 PvP to be balanced between the different professions, since this is a highly social game that works best if you are a small group each with special abilities, but even that is somewhat broken when the AS/Dimach professions get to use root grafts.

As for the AoE deroots, I find them quite usefull and its basicly all I do at tower wars apart from a AoE root now and then if I can reach the opponent, the killing part someone else have to do, I am just a support profession that do what I do best root and deroot and control pets.

And I am so not going to train directorship again if it has an effect on research unless it provides some other usefull benefits aswell
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    well, since there's probably going to be a massive grind for research, crats will probably be the first to access any new material.

*waits for the look of shock when Gatsby figures out that experience is pvp related*

crat wil become regular enf/sol. Q afk mode playstyle.
    pets in mech any1 ?
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by ergi View Post
    What does LE have for us ?
    Nothing. No looveee for us.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    *waits for the look of shock when Gatsby figures out that experience is pvp related*
    *waits for the look of shock when Avon realizes I was only being bitter and sarcastic*
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

you get to stack more hecks for side research

(Speaking as Varmintia, my crat 216)

Why would you expect LE to have anything for us?

Crats are officially the left-handed, red-headed, orphan step-child profession of AO. We are the Anti-Adventurer. We suck, through no fault of our own.

Except Avon, of course; he's uber
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

more xp buffs kthx
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

New pet that looks like AF trooper for omni, sentinel for clam, and bartender for neut.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow View Post
    New pet that looks like AF trooper for omni, sentinel for clam, and bartender for neut.

uh?

While each profession appears to be getting a few upgrades (new nanos, new weaps etc) it seems that this is far from the focus of LE.

As far as I understand it, LE can be summed up in one word: mechs. These mechs are intended to level the pvp playing field. Sooo, a lot of the profs that look at mass pvp as a '/afk and wait to be ASed to death' funfest will now just jump in their mech where everyone is more or less equal.

At least, that is how i read it...

Now i know what LE bring to use Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    ....we need to put perk points back to exp buffs so 220 players get the Reaseach skills faster.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    I will personally keep all you updated on what content will be released in the Lost Eden expansion (as soon as I'm allowed to).

At the moment there's very little information that I can provide you with as Lost Eden is still in it's beta phase. I can only inform you of information that is currently in the LE-FAQ's.

What I can say for the few questions that have appeared in this thread:
    the only current information about LE is to be found in the FAQ's. please visit http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...eden/features/ for the information.

At the moment I can not say what impact the research will have on 220 bureaucrats and reperking to the directorship perkline . This due to various factors.

LE will mainly focus on team or mass PvP. So don't expect any fixes towards PvP duels.

Furthermore I can say that any bureaucrat specific additions are being examed and tested.
    Last edited by Shevaya; Nov 30th, 2006 at 17:37:25.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

If the current trend continues, there isnt much reason to train XP perks, the extra 24k per hour wont do much difference
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Shevaya View Post
    I will personally keep all you updated on what content will be released in the Lost Eden expansion (as soon as I'm allowed to).

At the moment there's very little information that I can provide you with as Lost Eden is still in it's beta phase. I can only inform you of information that is currently in the LE-FAQ's.

What I can say for the few questions that have appeared in this thread:
    the only current information about LE is to be found in the FAQ's. please visit http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...eden/features/ for the information.

At the moment I can not say what impact the research will have on 220 bureaucrats and reperking to the directorship perkline . This due to various factors.

LE will mainly focus on team or mass PvP. So don't expect any fixes towards PvP duels.

Furthermore I can say that any bureaucrat specific additions are being examed and tested.
    But you can say that crat have a place in LE???

When you say with LE mass pvp and team pvp are the focus with our aoe root/calm and aao/aad aura?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard View Post
    (Speaking as Varmintia, my crat 216)

Why would you expect LE to have anything for us?

Crats are officially the left-handed, red-headed, orphan step-child profession of AO. We are the Anti-Adventurer. We suck, through no fault of our own.
    lol.

i have never heard it put so well! oh man, that made me laugh hard. haha

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldoina View Post
    But you can say that crat have a place in LE???

When you say with LE mass pvp and team pvp are the focus with our aoe root/calm and aao/aad aura?!
    Bureaucrat will have a place in LE just like any other profession.

Just don't expect to much to change the current state of bureaucrats as this is mainly new content being added.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

Quote Originally Posted by Shevaya View Post
    Bureaucrat will have a place in LE just like any other profession.
    And that place is "on LFT, watching all-DD teams do 219 easies".
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast