Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: weapons and you.

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar

Talking weapons and you.

just out of curiousity and perhaps get a general feeling of crat weapon choices:

What do you people have equipped for weapons?
    How many of us use pistols? If not , what do you use?
    How many of us swap from pistol to shotty/bow for pvm/pvp?
    Or anybody using a shotty for pvm or a SMG? If so, how is the damage on that?

what ql of the weapon are you using?
    If alien weaponry: what type?
    what perks did you put into your weaponskills?

If Multiranged is required: do you twink multiranged every time you have to put on your guns again or do you have enough of MR skill at all times?
    Anybody managed to get past the multiranged of a ql200 alien pistol?

For myself I use a
    QL199 Type 4 in the offhand and a QL300 Type 1 in the mainhand.
    Multiranged is something I have to "twink" every time I have to re-equip my pistols.
    (actually i have enough by just taking out my left wrist symbiant to a ql200 multi-ranged left wrist implant).
    Perks put into weaponskills are 8 perks into Pistol Mastery and 10 in champion of light artillery.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

I use a 180-ish Kyr shotgun and occasionally a Krutt when I am able to go full aggro. No perks or shotgun implants in with my current setup or it'd be a bit higher. Kyr is 'okay' damage and the Krutt is nicer if there's a shade around since I have around 30% crit. I've been considering reseting a few skills so I can raise pistol for pvm, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
    Kelvera 220 Shade
    Emerelda 220 Crat

@217
    QL260 Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 1 in main hand, QL176 Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 4 in off hand, dont swap any weapons. Still have to use MR and Burst implants/pistols to equip my weapons, mostly MR though RC, is enough for burst by now.

8 Perks in Pistol Mastery, 4 Perks in Champion of Light Artillery (this might change soon)
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Pure Bow for PvM and PvP, and it 100% sucks for PvM ... makes me want to crawl into some dark hole and never come out. Used Ass rifle before bow, that was from pre-AI and the JAME set up worked just fine. My pistol crat at 211 OD's my 214 crat(bow/JAME) But has more IP invested in Weapon skills, and the pistol one is a pure PvMer.

I use for PVM Shot (Krutt) for Mass pvp Ithaka and for Arena Sapp bow!

This is only for PVP equip! My Imps (R Arm) have shot! I plained with ai 30 cola, conc and Loophole for the ai perks!

bows,pistols,shotguns so far...
    nice diversity.

Almost shows that our weaponskills are just as equally good as that from a doc with the exception that we prefer ranged.

About the 1595+ MR I dont think its possible

Base 814
    Combined Sharpshooter 210
    QL300 Implants 282
    Ambidextrous Perk 120
    Ransacking tower 50
    MTI SW500 Geyser 30
    Dalja's Ring 10

makes 1516 so you are still 80 points short, and I have no idea where that should come from, even if trickle from Int/Agi in symbs is added you will still be ~60 points short

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Ithaca pvm and pvp. Pvm it mostly sux but pvp it is decent.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    MTI SW500 Geyser 30
    Sadly, you can't use the Geyser for MR - only for its pistol bonus. Unless the latest patches changed something, using guns to buff MR just won't work.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

I used it before though, and a soldier friend of mine used it a few days ago for MR.

Think the problem occurs if you equip the first pistol in left hand so you have the geyser in right hand, so if you do Type 1 in right hand and the geyser in left it should work AFAIK

------
    - Hagar the Horrible

Have anyone test MBC or use this weapon?? For a doc its realy nice! And for crat??

Quote Originally Posted by Saldoina View Post
    Have anyone test MBC or use this weapon?? For a doc its realy nice! And for crat??
    For a doctor it's nice because it provides a bonus to Psycho Modi so they can attempt to land their UBTs better. If charms were to require that as well then you guys would have a lot of fun out there
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldoina View Post
    I have.
    I used a MBC for several months.
    It's not all bad because we cast alot of nanoprograms and PM is an attacking skill for most crat nano's (+the HP is nice). But we dont cast that many nano's meaning we get a lot of regular fire aswell.
    For the MBC to be really efficient you will need more +DD items then for let's say a pistol setup. (and i _think_ it will be the same for a KSMG - type 5 aswell. will need +dd items to be any good).

From my personal experience i feel that pistols outdamage the MBC by a significant amount unless you spend time/money to get RBP/dchest/knuckles/... and even then you only come even to pistols. (for crat that is. for profs like doc this might be somewhat different)

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    For a doctor it's nice because it provides a bonus to Psycho Modi so they can attempt to land their UBTs better. If charms were to require that as well then you guys would have a lot of fun out there
    Hm.... ??
    Stable Charms require PM.
    Unstable Charms require PM.
    Crat Nukes require PM.
    Fear nano requires PM.
    Roots require PM.
    Red Tape requires PM.
    RK calms require PM.
    SL calms require PM.
    Malaise requires PM.

Most of our buffs require PM.
    I'm pretty sure that PM is one of our most important nanoskills.
    Pretty much everything of our toolset requires PM

MBC is not just good for it's PM modifier.
    It adds a nice HP bonus and it has the advantage of having fling and burst capped very easily. And the AAD bonus that stacks along with HM and CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shevaya View Post
    MBC is not just good for it's PM modifier.
    It adds a nice HP bonus and it has the advantage of having fling and burst capped very easily. And the AAD bonus that stacks along with HM and CP.
    Well... give it a try then Might work out for you
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

60% of damage of the MBC comes from specials, thats why its good for docs since they can fire specials while casting DoT's that has a 1 sec cap and a very long cast time from start, and since a doc that solo will be chainning DoTs, specials is pretty much all you got left to do damage.

Doctors also only have 5 perks for Pistol Mastery, that makes pistols less interesting, but since most have CoNC trained, you need the AR to land the perks, and that will hurt with everything but Pistols and MA

Thats very different for a crat, its 2 very different playstyles

------
    - Hagar the Horrible

Well... give it a try then Might work out for you
    look up 2 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    I used it before though, and a soldier friend of mine used it a few days ago for MR.

Think the problem occurs if you equip the first pistol in left hand so you have the geyser in right hand, so if you do Type 1 in right hand and the geyser in left it should work AFAIK
    Now, THAT would be cool. Gotta try. With type 1 in right and geyser in left, it always went something like both the type 4 and the geyser landing in my inv when I try to equip the type 4.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Haha, Saetos once again, you are making comments about something you have no idea about. Playing a doc at TL3 is not the same as at TL7. The reason docs use MBC has NOTHING to do with Psy mod. Because casting prevents shooting (but not specials), and doctors have DoTs with such long cast-times, it makes more sense to get weapons that do a large percentage of their damage from specials rather than large normal hits. The MBC has VERY VERY fast burst/fling cycles, so the minute you put it on, they're basically pre-capped. For crats it might be a decent way to DD, but the advantage MBC has over pistols for docs is much, much larger than the advantage a crat would have in terms of DD (if any at all, pistol crat would probably OD MBC crat if you used QL300/199 Kyr Pistols).

Additionally, Heavy Weapons is a crappy place to put IP, its good ONLY for the MBC. Pistol on the other hand, is usefull for buffing as well as combat. We have a high max skill in it and have perks for it. Its far more buffable, for example EP is +120 pistol, where Heavy Weapons has no OSB.

MBC is not even the tip-top DD choice for doctors, if you check the Doc boards recently, you'll notice that SMG and MA w/ BoB have been proclaimed kings of Doctor-DD. SMG, for example, has Electrophoridae gloves, which add +60 damage and can be twinked on in a QL high enough to OD MBC just based on base damage.
    Last edited by Gatsby; Nov 3rd, 2006 at 17:52:21.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

I don't use and don't like pistols myself, don't care if it's top DD in PvM. Last pistols i used were soft peper pistols (not sure about name) way b4 SL and maby pain of patricia iirc. After went JAME. when FC nerfed it's damage and second time nerfed skill lock on all special, i went MBC. It's prety decent gun and looks awesome. Now using Ithaka, coz wanted to try some PvP with my crat and not nerf PvM, coz there are some not bad PvM shotys. I almost never remove ithaka tho (very rare for Kyr ql ~260). Single item i change for PvM, what's weapon related, is ql300 AI scope instead of ql275 VE. After i tasted not only mass PvP, i'd like to try bow too, but reperk 50 perks and do IPR just for testing, NO WAY!

BTW my config is always in sig, so u can check it anytime
    i R not spik engrish

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast