Thread: Bracers of Growing and Shrinking

Question Bracers of Growing and Shrinking

Hiya.

I'm wondering what the Growing and Shrinking bracers are for, besides actually making your character bigger/smaller.

Thanks.

Talking

Exactly - you just answered your own question : )
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Red face

I can almost imagine how fun it must be to make your character grow or shrink. You could put on quite a show at the Ent BB ("Hear ye, hear ye! Step right up folks! Come watch me shrink one inch as you pHeaR my ultimate UBER powers! Worship the incredible shrinking man, I tell you!").

But seriously, there must be some extra bonuses besides the actual enlargment or shrinkage of your booty.

Talking

<sarcasm>
    yes by using the shrinking bracers you get the wonderfull joy of being slowed down horribly in the grid, oh and if you use the growing bracers you get the wonderfull task of blocking the lift in team missions especially when your team-ate needs it the most.
    </sarcasm>
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

You get to try to be the tallest or smallest *whatever* around.

*shrug*

Whatever floats your boat.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: Bracers of Growing and Shrinking

Originally posted by david78
    Hiya.

I'm wondering what the Growing and Shrinking bracers are for, besides actually making your character bigger/smaller.

Thanks.
    they are purely an aesthetic thing. and a flawed one at that...

shrinky/growing bracers behave strangely; put on a growing bracer and people in your vicinity will see you spurt like a preteen. put on two title6 bracers and paint yourself green and change into your leafy leotard. now go to bs to taunt the lfg kids. stare quizzically as nobody ph33rs you. wonder why everyone claims they are looking you square in the eyes as opposed to staring at your knees. insist that you are jolly, and green, and most importantly a giant. give up and /s wts ql200 growing bracers.

we've all seen someone pop out of a yalm and appear 3cm tall because they haven't been properly scaled to their normal size after polymorphing (go find a parked yalm somewhere like 20k or lush resort and compare relative sizes to see for yourself what's goin on here).

chances are you see yourself as normal height when you jump out of your plane. chances are you can also see your jolly green giant-ness compared to everyone else who doesn't have t6 growing bracers. what this means is your game client is being properly updated as to what scale to display your model, but nobody else's is.

ruse/challenger/enlarge/whatever are different. they show scaling properly because they are buffs. each time a character enters your field of view a list of their running buffs must be sent to you so that your client knows which little flashy lights and doodads it needs to render over the character's model. at any rate, your client has the handy information and applies all corrosponding visual effects accordingly, one of which is scale. when a buff expires, the list is updated and scale is recalculated.

so as far as how bracers work: you can watch someone put on a pair of growing bracers. they will appear taller to you until they decide to go to newland and /s yo ho ho. when you follow them and kindly point out that they are no longer tall, they will claim quite correctly that they are jolly and green and giant on their screen.
    well maybe not necessarily green.
    or jolly.

long story short (too late), the only benefit of wearing scaling bracers is the satisfaction you get, as kenlon said, of being the tallest or smallest whatever around... (although i prefer wearing shrinky bracers cos i use 3rd person for better visibility/camera control and the less my toon blocks my view the better)