Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open letter to Te neutrals of Rubi-Ka

Open letter to Te neutrals of Rubi-Ka

As I sit at my desk in my org HQ I am forced to wonder why so many of the self proclaimed Neutral orgs have suddenly become active in the Notum Wars by assisting the Corpration out to destroy our fair planet and to seize portions of the planet for themselves. I would protest under the au****es of the ICC but it seems that at times that many of the Neutral leaders are working hand in hand with Omni Factions. I have undeniable proof that some of the neutral factions have given up thier neutrality and have declared themselves for Omni Mastery of the planet among these factions are The union, The Sepents, and The Neutralizers as well as the Neutral Oberservers. I call upon the Newland City Council and the ICC to ban these orgs and to sanction these orgs until such time they return to their true neutral status and refrain from engaing in conflict with Clan forces under the leadership of Omni Tek.

There are few orgs left that support true neutrality but many have foresworn it and will be dealt with. It is a sad state when the faction that declares they have no intrest in the Clan/Omni conflict steathily takes sides and begins to make a mockery of their freedom.
    Last edited by Carogelw; Oct 31st, 2006 at 19:24:10.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!
    Proud General of (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    (AoD) spreading the path of destruction for over 3 years

We are recruting!

Good luck with getting a well thought out response. I had brought this up a few months back and as I recall not one member of the NLC responded. I will check on it a little later maybe I am mistaken. To be honest the lack of respect and the lack of welcomeness I feel when I walk the streets of Borealis makes me wonder what has happend to neutrality. They have always been known in some circles as fencesitters and I have always given them the benifit of the doubt but, after my last encounter with "neutrals" at a clan base in 4-Holes I pretty much lost all hope for any kind of real neutrality

This isn't a new issue. For at least two years now, Neuts ties with their Corporate shepherd have grown immensely. Only now are we seeing the fruits of that labor.

Did we miss an opportunity to coddle the neutrals into doing our bidding? I think so. Omni-Tek was the quicker... and have them so blindfolded that they took Borealis away and only minor protests that amounted to nothing happened.

As a represanative of one of the named orgs...

I take exception.

The first recollection i have of tower attacks in my org, a clan org attacked our towers. That org is fair game now even after we have taken our tower site back. By extension, any allies of the clan org MAY be open to attack should we deem it necessary to defend ourselves or in retalliation.

Second, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, as long as it serves our purpose. As far as i'm concerned, any omni attacking the clan org that attacked us, or their allies, MAY receive our assistance if we deem it necessary to do so.

Here's a solution: Stop attacking our towers and leave us alone.

Its a very sad issue. Many people have sold there home, and thier souls to serving those who do nothing but occupy our lands and destroy our elections. How these people stand by and proclaim there neutrality is indeed very questionable. And one many of us as yourself don't acknowledge in any way.

As for the ICC, I wouldn't trust them in the slightest. They have more hands in Omni-Teks pockets than those so called neutrals who ignore the occupation in there own home towns by those they are fighting for. It's such a very sad situation. All I could do would be to apologise for my so called neutral brothers and sisters, yet sadly I am mearly a representative from one organisation and have no control over those you mention
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

a response

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    I take exception.

Here's a solution: Stop attacking our towers and leave us alone.
    We are very neutral friendly and have never attacked a neutral org without provacation or seeking a diplomatic solution first. Yet, on the latest attack on one of our bases we were vicousily ambushed by neutral orgs and our defenders were decimated. Yet even later the defenders were walking the streets of Bora on their way to the store when they were again attacked by the members of the same org.

We do have alliances that are with neutral orgs and we do value those alliances. Yet I can see a day when it shall be Clan/Neutral vs. Omni/Neutral.

By your own actions as an org you are tearing your faction apart. By your very actions you are forcing more Clan orgs to adopt that thought that all neuts are evil and can be used as a justification for attacking more neutral orgs. This justifacation was also used when the grid point for Tir was moved into Tir proper and surronded by Sentinels. We have pushed for the opening of Tir to the safe travel of neutrals through Tir to help faciliate the growth of ties between the true neutrals and clan. Unfortunately, the actions taken by the named "neutral" orgs have set have hindred our efforts greatly on this front.
    Last edited by Carogelw; Nov 1st, 2006 at 19:37:52.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

Car,

i then invite you to contact me directly to discuss a "non aggression" treaty between my org and yours. Most in my org prefer a true neutral position and are interested in being left alone. I'm sure we could come to an agreement and i'm willing to advocate such to the President / Generals.

Send me a tell. Damon7

As much as I hate it Caro I think its just going to be easier to sort bodies instead of friends.

I was in Bore the other day and asked a Neut for Composite Infuses...... thier respose was "I don't buff clams" I have meet Omni's who were more polite.

There's a simple solution. Stop mining notum and raping Mother Ka.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla View Post
    As much as I hate it Caro I think its just going to be easier to sort bodies instead of friends.

I was in Bore the other day and asked a Neut for Composite Infuses...... thier respose was "I don't buff clams" I have meet Omni's who were more polite.
    TBH most orgs regardles of affiliation that is faction have no-buff lists in the interest of good RP and Notum Wars. Every org has it's hotheads.

Sina "Andilynah" Demesa
    (AoD) Anarchist of Destruction
    Laurena "Alianah" Swanzy
    The Kindred
    Last edited by aeriss; Nov 11th, 2006 at 11:44:15. Reason: to remove links now included in my signature

Then I guess in that way we are as Knights a bit different than the typical norm. As we buff anyone we can if we can in typical non NW settings regardless of faction. Hell sometimes we buff our opponent mid duel to give them a better chance if we see them dying to fast. *smirks* *turns to Kabulla* Do we have a no-buff list? I don't recall us having such based on something as general and obscure as a faction. I mean I know we don't buff certain individuals like known scammers, clan vs clan gankers etc.. please.. correct me if I am wrong..

How about this ... view us as we view ourselves... as INDIVIDUALS.

There is no neutral faction, only those who stuggle to find their identity and meaning on this crazy unforgiving planet. You have a problem with someone that is unaffiliated so be it .. destroy them see if I care in the least.

We all must fight for ourselves, as proven with what has happened to my own home. Omni's invade and occupy Borealis, a few brave organizations made a stand and formed the NDI, and to what has that accomplised.... NOTHING!!

Can you blame the cowards who call out to either omni's or clans for help ... hey why not when their own brethren abandon them and do not come to aid when the going gets tough, but rather cower away in the safety of their homes or high tail it out of the city. The great defensive stance of a unified Neutral Community .. HA! It was killed within itself, and those allied have yet to produce anything of merit.

Each passing day, people that are too weak or become strained from constant struggle give in and quit the fight opting out to take the easy road and become pawns to ruthless self-serving greedy organizations. Yes both Clan and Omni alike...

You claim I or my people take sides ... believe I have no problem taking on both of you, Clans and Omni, and will feel no remorse taking your lives. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!

TALKING DOWN TO US LIKE YOU CAN TELL US WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT DO. WHO ARE YOU TO QUESTION OUR LOYALTIES. I KNOW MINE LIE WITH BOREALIS AND UNTIL I AM FORCED OFF THIS PLANET NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I WILL STOP RESISTING THE OCCUPATION, EVEN IF I AM LEFT ALONE I DON'T CARE. TRY AND STOP ME AND YOU WILL DIE!

You're alliances are only as valid as you are able to have the upper hand on the relationship ... those who are being used by the Clans and Omni are blinded and weak fools, and I hate you most of all..............
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

where were you dring the occupation?

My org members spent countless hours and vast portions of our treasury running weapons and supplies into Bora to assist the neutral citizens trapped there by the omni occupation. We fought and died on the streets of the town you claim to honor while some neutrals were content to let the occupation be. We fought not to make Borealis clan but to return it to the Neutral status it had.

We make alliances with Neutral orgs not out of a sense of strength on our part but out of a sense of friendship. Many of the members of my Clan have families that have chosen to make the honorable stand to stay Neutral and we respect that and that is a honorable decision on their part we respect. We have chosen even though we are clan the policy that the neutrality of Bora must be respected. We do not by choice choose to fight on the streets of Bora as many of the Corporate orgs do but choose to do our fighting elsewhere and only when provoked.

We have as members of the Council Of Truth Supported the shipment of arms and supplies into Borealis to help oust the Omni Troops that took over the city. We also have supported the motion to open Tir once again to neutral citizens. For us true neutrality is a path that once it is chosen is honorable enough to be adhered to. We recognize that our fight is against the Corporation that has tried to enslave us all.
    Last edited by Carogelw; Nov 2nd, 2006 at 04:35:50.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Then I guess in that way we are as Knights a bit different than the typical norm. As we buff anyone we can if we can in typical non NW settings regardless of faction. Hell sometimes we buff our opponent mid duel to give them a better chance if we see them dying to fast. *smirks* *turns to Kabulla* Do we have a no-buff list? I don't recall us having such based on something as general and obscure as a faction. I mean I know we don't buff certain individuals like known scammers, clan vs clan gankers etc.. please.. correct me if I am wrong..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from: The Kindred History
    JUN 23, 29480

The Nanomage Liberation Front has kidnapped several recruits from different orgs that were working on a scientific project concerning illness among nanomages suffering from a loss of notum. One of them, Aphrodyte, is from The Kindred.
    The Newland city council tried to rescue the hostage with the help of neutral orgs and hired mercenaries. The rescue was a failure however and an attack from the Legionaries prevented The Kindred to avenge their recruit. They don’t hide their hatred from the NLF since this day.

End Quote.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Kindred is at war with NLF for their terrorist actions. This is no secret. AoD is a Neutral friendly org. The majority of my family is Neutral. Many of my family are in truly Neutral orgs such as The Kindred; and, we respect eachother's individuality. Yet, we are still family. As such we also respect oneanother's pain. I don't believe keeping track of terrorists and criminals in order to prevent them from receiving aid of any sort is wrong.

Sina "Andilynah" Demesa
    (AoD) Anarchists of Destruction
    IC: younger sister of Laurena "Alianah" Swanzy
    The Kindred
    Last edited by aeriss; Nov 11th, 2006 at 11:45:43. Reason: to remove links now included in my signature

sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Kabulla View Post

and i go to ao hill to ask for buffs and i get "played with" by mps when i ask for cm, and agents tell me "you're lucky i'm feeling generous today, i don't buff neuts".

goes around comes around....and i never refuse to buff anyone unless they have a flag.

Nevver experiences deja vu.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Will buff just about anyone if we're discussing buffs...then again Nevver has never asked for a buff, so nevver had to say no
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Ahh, the great saga fo endgame exclusivity.

Well well.

It's rather funny whenever a discussion such as this comes along, most people point to the NLCC and ask for us to , and I quote : "DO SOMETHING. NOW!". And for this, we need to take a big look at the history of things to understand how everything you do has a consequence.

Of course, most of those people demanding action don't know nothing about how things came to be, how the neutral community actually works ( which, among one thing, the fundamental rule number one of neutralhood is to
    NEVER, EVER tell people what to do. They will do exactly the opposite just to piss you off. ) and the actual realities of being a neutral on rubika.

Now I think some things need to be said here. Some of it may be OCC, and i'm sorry about that, but it's the only way to truly explain how things came to be.

((Semi-occ discussion. So sue me.))
    I personally believe the root cause of the "apparent neutral alliedness to omnitek" , (and i'm quoting here because it's mostly bulls$#@! in my opinion) is the DIRECT RESULT of exclusive politics of the massive CLAN ENDGAME BOTS and , while i'm extremely sorry to say it, the main culprit is TNET.

Disclaimer : I wasn't there when notum wars came out, I was in fact taking a long break from the game. So most of what's coming up has been collected from friends and acquaintances, chatting up about things and whatnot. I do not claim that everything i'm gonna say is Canon, BUT.... well this is the general picture that emerged from the discussion.

First, a small notice on numbers, ok ?
    The neutral population is small. How small you ask ? According to auno.org, There are approximatly 20000 neutral characters on rubika ( out of approx 240 000 characters total ). If we cut that number to account for alts, random npc/ark characters and whatnot, we can safely say that the ACTUAL neutral population on atlantean is roughly around the 5 or 6 % mark. So out of 20 people... you got approximatly 10 clanners, 9 omnis and one neutral. This rough statistic appears to hold up over the levels ( according, once again, to auno.org ). Another statistic : There are less neutrals, ACROSS ALL LEVELS, than there are people over level 201 in this game ( that's 30 000 chars).

So, now that we've established an order of scale, let's pop the fundamental truth about neutralhood number two :
    There is simply not enough manpower in the neutral community to do a raid on our own. Even if we manage to bring 50 people to a raid like tara ( and believe me, this would be lovely, and extreme organisation ), clanner or omniraidbots can bring in over twice that without even trying.

So where does the politics come in? Right there, here's a good one that started a whole bunch of trouble:
    Considering the Tarasque as a natural ressource.

Because originally the phats off Tarasque were extremely powerful, these gave real advantages in pvp over normal gear. So some people got it into their head that by controlling Tara, and preventing the other side from claiming the phats, eventually victory would be easier for them. NOBODY ELSE BUT US should get those phats. Oh, and neutrals mess with my tabbing in pvp, so let's just waste em.

You add the Religious side XP bonus into this mix, and suddenly, the whole argument for controlling the phats has a direct, beneficial effect on your side. Why should the others get side xp ? F$@~! em.

PVP issues such as being the first tabbed in any conflict and the inability of neutrals to attack first in pvp ( which has been worked on since, but still) garanteed to make us, quite literally, everybody's bitc#~! at those things. Why take a guy that can't Alpha the enemies without suffering THEIR alpha? Take that other guy instead.

Eventually, the combination of those factors made it that most clanner endgame bots got closed to neutrals for various reasons. So neutrals are being told to f$#@! off by the clanners... Just because some people say they do'nt want you to get the phats doesn't mean you don't actually want the phats no more : YOU STILL WANT ACCESS to that endgame content. So what did they do ?

They ask the omnis to go on their raids. At first, the Omnis bark. "I don't want those dudes getting phats. Why should we help those dudes getting phats? We gotta get Tara back from the clanners! " . But then, they realise that the neutrals are few. They're small. They don't ask for much. They're no threat really. And the clanners told them to go fu$#@! themselves. Why not take them along ?

(end history/tnet/how things came to be)

Now, i've always been su****ious myself of the whole buddy-buddy thing with omnitek. To be really frank, I never really liked it. I saw it as limiting and dangerous. But then again, I don't view the clans with roses neither. In my book, both the clans and the omnis would shoot me if it's in their interest. So i'm equal opportunity su****ious of them.

My main is also only 140, putting me just behond the endgame politics and raidbot joining range. But still, it impacts all of us.

In my opinion, the clanners here have a great opportunity to become friendly with the neutrals again. It will take hard work, genuine friendship and actually giving the small guys a chance to make things right, and reverse the trend.

On the other hand..... it's so much easier to keep on hatin'...
    Last edited by Jujuwalker; Nov 3rd, 2006 at 08:28:36. Reason: added colors for readability.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Juju

I know I have spoken with several of of the newer Clan leaders and by that I mean the ones that have taken over clans in the last few months that the time has come to reach out to the Neutral population again. There has been mistakes made in the past and one of the biggest ones was the exclusion of Neutrals from some of the raid bots. We the next generation of Clan leaders have come to realize that the only way to free our planet from Omni Tek oppression is to assist the Neutrals in their struggle for freedom to remain Neutral.

We did not want this conflict but we have grown up with the struggle for survival against Omni oppression and we too are growing weary of the constant bloodbath. We have to come to realize that with the coming of the orbital battle stations and the rumors of new technologies coming from both Clan and Omni research labs that the Clans and Neutrals will need each other to survive. The Omni forces solicit and welcome the Neutrals now but soon they will turn on them and stab them in the back.

We have begun to reach out to Neutral orgs not out of a sense of obligation or pity but out of a sense and the knowledge that the Clans and Neutrals will need each other to free our planet of Omni oppression.

(( Not everyone is just concerned about the phatz please feel free to visit our grid site and look at our list of friends and allies. You will see that we do count Neutral orgs among them. ))
    Last edited by Carogelw; Nov 3rd, 2006 at 09:26:28.
    Carogelw 216/18 Soljah!

We are recruting!

I think the Neutrals have conducted themselves rather wisely by letting history be their guide.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast