Thread: Drug Addict

Talking Drug Addict

Being a doctor most of my life on Rubi-Ka has given me a lot of insight as to what a real doctor should be like. One big thing I would like to see in the future is the expansion of the pharmatech skill.

Aside from the health and nano stim, there should be different kind of stims that enhance your abilities for a short period of time and is used to enhanace combat. Some ideas of stims come to mind:

Rage Stim - a stim that greatly increase the target's damage output but lower his AC considerably, 30s

Painless Stim - heal twice the amount of a normal health stim but put a DOT on you 10s afterwards that last for 30s and damage is equal to the stim healed amount

Skin Hardening Stim - Increase the target's AC by a good amount by lower his damage output, 30s

Init Stim - a stim that would increase your initiative by a moderate amount for 3min

Nasty Odour Stim - By injecting this stim the receptent's body is triggered to release a nasty odour that help to drive the mob away from the receptent :P (similar effect as the repressor)

Fake Death Stim - Self only. By injecting this stim you immediately enter a state of coma. You will drop dead on the ground for a minute then come back to life. A comparison of intelligence will be checked between you and the mob, if successful, the mob will ignore you, if not, the mob will keep attacking you and you will lay helplessly on the ground until the effect of the stim expired

Run Stim - just fix the damn thing and make it last longer!

Personally I'm against any stim that actually add to the abilities or skills as this will just give more ways for people to OE things (except for init which isnt used to equip anything). Different stim will have different recharge time (and preferably a % decrease in recharge for us doctors coz we're suppose to be good at these things :P). The stims will be makeable using the PharmaTech and Chemistry skill, and should be at a reasonable cost since they all have beneficts and drawbacks. They are meant to enhance the combat flow and add strategies to combat, not simply something superior to the normal stims.

As for treatment kit and rechargers please please please make them either available in shop or makeable. It is so annoying having to ask the team to save all the rechargers found in the mission for you consider you are not the only one that need them. As a doctor I could live with recharging every 2 mobs but what about a NT or any other nano intensive class? My NT have to charge once or even twice every mob, luckily the q125s is still good for her but I couldnt imagine what is it going to be like when she outgrown the 125s. Maybe thats why every high level nano user need a gun, not just for extra damage but also save them from insane recharging.

A final note, make the same QL treatment kits and rechargers stackable! I'm sure this has drive many ppl nut >:O
    Nico - The Pure healing doctor till level 150

Great ideas

My engie wants to make them for you.

Pehaps they could impliment part of the tradeskill procoss that had to be carried out by different professions. A doc could do the messy biological stuff, and an engie could capture the mess into crystals or pills.

I would love to see more stims / pills
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Great Idea

The whole stim things is a great idea. This would give doctors another reason to be loved by one and all, as well as adding a new dimension to the strategy of play. As you said, each thing has a drawback so it would be a use at your own risk kinda deal.

Thumbs up

Brilliant.

Speaking as a pharmacist myself, I'd love to be able to make these things.

The only think I'd add is that FC introduce the nano knots at a reasonable price, so it wouldn't cost 500k to make 100 ql100 stims.

And if I could make nano rechargers I'd be a very rich man.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

SWEEEEET. Bump.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Fake Death Stim

Talk about something that could be a nasty little PvP item if it looked to players like you were dead. Good for getting neuts out of fights maybe?
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.