Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cool new armor!!!!

So...

I dont see you asking Kaehler sleeve restriction removed, I didnt see you asking Clan only Knight armor to be allowed for Omni's too but the moment something real ground breaking would be Omni only (Omni Med suits) you would cry like a baby and quit game?

Perhaps you should quit already then...

Oh I see, you are clan and ofcourse it was ok that Kaehler sleeves and knight armor was clan only. Ofcourse. Silly me...

Check 14.5

If there is side restriction in item its 90% sure Clan only... Why?

Zarch and da chars

Exclamation

Damn people can turn everything into an argument. I was just happy for the new armor and thought I would share. But I can't resist putting my 2 cents in too.

As for wether things should be just omni or just clan. I happen to think that FC is screwing up a little here but not as bad as some of you seem to think. Both sides should have their own Items that the other should not be able to wear. I also think that Omni should have better equipment than clan. BUT!!! I also think that the Clans should get some equivilent bonus in another area. FC has done neither of these IMO, and in a way there is an odd balance. Omni doesn't have better equipment or easier access to said equipment and clan doesn't have any real bonus in any other area. Don't use Knight armor as an argument. It was removed from the game. End of Story.

So in other words... Stop your arguing and go back to kicking each others @$$'s in game.
    Russel "Knightsaber" Craddock
    Adventurer
    Rubi-Ka 1
    Geeks of Rubi-Ka

AO's new slogan:
    "Anarchy Online... Better than a kick in the nuts!"

god...

I don't give a rat's ass for side restrictions. As far as I am concerned they are all out. I'm all for Omni only items as well, as I stated to begin with.

Just don't make groundbreaking UNBALANCING TO THE VERY CORE OF THINGS changes to peoples abilities. Not having med suits would mean having to run around with implants that are not just a little but a hell of a lot lower than now. Having Omni wear them though would make MMD for instance and every single other 25% or 0% area living hell for clanners and fecking boring for Omni. Why? Clanners would not stand a chance in hell to win in PvP, Omni would rule their asses EVERY single time.

As someone stated: Omni can buy a full medsuit like a snap, having little cash will do it nicely. Clanners need to either buy them for rediculous prices, or run missions for them. Either way, not funny. First is too expensive, second totally time consuming.

Again: yes, I'm all for Omni having their own Omni only things, like for instance the various types of armor are already, like the Omni-Pol armor and things. Oh yeah, where are the side reqs on Flowers? Can't remember seeing those really... Just don't make changes to things that would unbalance the game to the rotten core. As it is now, Omni advantages are plenty, I'm sure even Omni will get some more loving apart from the finacial pluses you have already and the armor advantages. I know that in the endlevels they become almost non-existent, but there's a long way to travel before you reach the top segment. Don't beg for nerfs, I don't and noone should. Ask for a replacement instead to even it out if you want that. Ask for having the Med Cloak be Omni only and giving 10-15 treatment. Whatever, just don't go out and try to have more than half the playerbase nerfed.

And yes, I'm a clanner and will never ever be an Omni. That is very true. And indeed I never asked for nerfing. The question to have the reqs removed is not a nerf even, that's granting more people means to an end. You asked for fecking over half the playerbase. That's nerfing.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Oldscotch wrote:

"Clanners need to either buy them for rediculous prices, or run missions for them. Either way, not funny. First is too expensive, second totally time consuming."

Or third:

Do lvl 1 Omni-Char.

Ask your friend Claus the Clanner come to Harry's and hand you 5M creds.

Go to Omni-Trade and buy 50 sacks full of those Omni-Med suits.

Go back to Harry's and hand over those sacks to Claus the Clanner.

Meet in Tir and redistribute those suits to all you want...

Total expediture of time. Less than 20 minutes.

First of all I would like to say that yes, doing ground breaking change like making Omni Med suits Omni only would fk up the low level balance pretty bad and even give high lvl Omni's advantage (although anyone can actually compensate quite much of it using Biomech at those levels if willing to spend IP's in those abilities).

No, I am not seriously even expecting thing like that and no, I am not saying its good. I am just fking fed up with these patches giving clanners better equipment hand over fist and as fast as they can while Omni is supposed to have better equipment.

Zarch and da chars

PS.

Last time I heard, FC employees had mostly clan characters. How about playing Omni for a change?

You whine too much. Want a simple solution, CLAN APPLICATION FORM.

Honestly, if clanners get all da ***** that is uber, why be omni. We can just go clanner and all be the same.

The guy that said he can't stand omni cities is funny. Clan cities are fugly to me, but hey how often do I hang around town? 90% of my time is looking at the same mission template killing the same mobs.

I am omni, but if I notice clanners getting an unbalancing advantage I am gonna get my butt a Clan Undercover Kit and go get some of those items :P

Arrow

I'm tired of seeing bull**** items like FA sleeves in this game. Theres always 500 newbies who claim elite armor and crap make up for things that add SEVENTY TWO POINTS to a special that has no buffs and likely wont get any this year. For **** sake they should put a damn disclaimer on the soldier profession: "clan only".

I'll come clan. Give me my 1500ish (and rising daily) tokens though.

BTW, most GMs were clan for a great length of time until people pointed out this fact, then they magically all go neutral. (though some took longer than others)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Hehe

Originally posted by Kenidy

The guy that said he can't stand omni cities is funny. Clan cities are fugly to me, but hey how often do I hang around town? 90% of my time is looking at the same mission template killing the same mobs.

Okay, I'm not gonna go into an argument here anymore, but in my opinion, a lot of corridors and exactly the same grey building structure makes for a very very boring setting. Clan cities in my opinion have a certain atmosphere that makes them more alive. Omni cities are dead and disorienting. I go there sometimes for the clubs, but that's it.
    And I for one do not look at the mission template 90% of the time. Maybe 50%, but no where near 90%. I spend time talking to people as well, just sitting somewhere, listening to the surroundings, be it somewhere out in the fields or in a club. Everyone has their own opinion on how they like their surroundings. I want mine to be colorful instead of deadish grey.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Post Abou the cities

I think Clan and Omni cities should be totally different.. Im omni and I really like the dark big cities.. and its nice that Clan cities r totally different. (hated Omni cities when I was a clanner back in beta)

And about the equipment/armor..
    Omni should have a small advantage but currently its nothing to talk about. There should be more "basic" omni and clan only armors so that ppl could tell someones side just from their look...

(72 points FA sleeves for Clan only is a bit unfair advantage because u really cant buff that skill)
    Pulze
    Soldier

First Order
    http://www.firstorder.net

Funny isn't it....

....FunCom tries for over a year to get the players into a non existing story line between the 2 factions. They have not succeeded so far. However, if you say the words "clan only" or "omni only" on the boards, you get a full on faction war in return. I find this very amusing

Tip for FunCom to implement storyline: Drop a ton of Ub3r clan only items in the middle of omni ent in broad daylight, we will have massive pvp war 5 minutes later

Look what is going to happen before everyone indulges into flamewars about something nobody realy can predict (including FunCom).

-mah

Originally posted by Epoz

Not nearly as pissed off as I would be if my implant options got nerfed like that.
    That treatment bonus should be available to all sides.

Epoz
    But its called "Omni-Med Suit", and yes OT Employees recieving a +76 Treat buff may be seen as being unfair, but there isnt anywhere that says anything has to be fair.

I dont see how +72 FA buff for one side is considered fair and +76 Treatment buff for other is not? Especially since it is less in reality if you wear Biomech instead...

But as said, I dont ask for it to be done but I DO ask that you cut that Clan loving down a bit there (FC). Enough is enough.

Zarch and da chars

Originally posted by Zarch
    I dont see how +72 FA buff for one side is considered fair and +76 Treatment buff for other is not? Especially since it is less in reality if you wear Biomech instead...

But as said, I dont ask for it to be done but I DO ask that you cut that Clan loving down a bit there (FC). Enough is enough.

Zarch and da chars
    Zarch,

Are you on crack? How the hell could you compare Kaehler sleeves to a damned med suit? One is available in STORES and the other you must kill a high-level mob that spawns once every 18 hours, at least twice, to get a set of. I cannot ever see Funcom adding side requirements to the suits, removing them is an action I can see.

Whining about Kaehler sleeves is the wrong way to go... Try whining for some Full Auto buffs.

Omni get a ton of side specific stuff (armor), clan get only items that exist in the game database and never make it into players hands. If the omni stuff is the suk, ask for better stuff. Besides, if the Dust Brigade crap ever makes it into the game do you thing it'll be as easy to acquire as any of the Omni crap? I doubt it.

What's more, if the med suit becomes omni only it will disadvantage the low and mid- lvl players to satisfy the high lvl omnis characters...
    Because this suit is obviously VERY useful until you can raise your treatment enough to equip ql 200 implants without it (and that's not easy...).
    So, I don't see why some high-lvl omnis wishes should penalize all the clans and neutrals under 150...
    Menlas

- Fixer (Doer) -

Advisor of A.I.R

Arrow Re: med suits

I'd rather see med suits deleted and a 78 point across-the-board reduction in implant requirements. It would let people be a little more varied in their armor types as well.

Sleeves should at worse be soldier only.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Aug 31st, 2002 at 01:47:49.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

no to destroy your little clan-happy party but did anyone of you take a look at what the DB armor does beside handing out AC ?
    Flags: NoDrop, Unique, HasDamage, DisableStatelCollision
    the last flag indicates that you can move trough anything .. you dont have collision anymore .. so I guess this will be some nice GM only event armor...
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Originally posted by Hoops

Zarch,

Are you on crack? How the hell could you compare Kaehler sleeves to a damned med suit? One is available in STORES and the other you must kill a high-level mob that spawns once every 18 hours, at least twice, to get a set of. I cannot ever see Funcom adding side requirements to the suits, removing them is an action I can see.

Whining about Kaehler sleeves is the wrong way to go... Try whining for some Full Auto buffs.

Omni get a ton of side specific stuff (armor), clan get only items that exist in the game database and never make it into players hands. If the omni stuff is the suk, ask for better stuff. Besides, if the Dust Brigade crap ever makes it into the game do you thing it'll be as easy to acquire as any of the Omni crap? I doubt it.
    ok little sarcasm now

As omni Always shout for Making Med suit Omni only... First lets whipe out all omni med suit parts that have been sold in store /found in mission

2. Bring out a super hard mob in a Clan infested area that has the spawntime of 18 hours aswell.

3. Let him everytime he gets killed have a chance of having a med suit part on him. i mean.. we only get one kaehler sleeve... why would Omni get more? i mean.. they get a hole set! sigh sigh..

4. Put 600 stamina requirements on the Med suit on every part but its ok with no lvl req. =p

Sarcasm off

Agree with you man.. Think about before you speak.. However im not saying its fair kaehler is Clan only... but damnit.. stop being such idiots..

a add: This wasnt a Objection at all thouse that want more Omni items or kaehler useable by all... It was merely a objection against all going around that want to change items like Med-suit to omni cause it have omni in the name.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Sep 3rd, 2002 at 23:47:43.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Ellisian

But its called "Omni-Med Suit", and yes OT Employees recieving a +76 Treat buff may be seen as being unfair, but there isnt anywhere that says anything has to be fair.
    Bingo! exactly.. look at my post above this! =)
    ---

Items is extracted from the Test database. If items is in a database doesnt Mean they will drop or be avaible in game.
    ---

You seem to be complaining about Knight Armor, but keep forgetting Divaad Armor, Omni Equivilant of Knight Armor . Funny you didnt mention that. I must admit that i think Tech and Flowers Tech armor should be clan only. To make up for that Omni has OP and Elite. Clan hasnt gotten the org bonuses yet that they were supposed to have instead of better equipment. Thats why i think Tech should be clan only.

On another note, dont compare things thats sold in shops with a thing that drops from an uber mob that spawns every 18 hours. That doesnt make sense at all.

Heres something that doesnt make sense as well:

If god is all so mighty and powerful, would he be able to create a rock that was so big and so heavy that he could not move it all. And if he could, would he be able to move it ? Seeing that he is all powerful.
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

Originally posted by Lumin
    no to destroy your little clan-happy party but did anyone of you take a look at what the DB armor does beside handing out AC ?

the last flag indicates that you can move trough anything .. you dont have collision anymore .. so I guess this will be some nice GM only event armor...

Since you are so smart, would you mind telling me why Flowers Tech Armor also has this flag if it allows one to walk through walls? I certainlt don't know what the flag means but I'm sure that it doesn't mean what you think. Since there is no helmet, I'm inclined to believe that this stuff will drop (eventually), but it may not look anything like what the Dust Brigade actually wear when they make thier appearances...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12