Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros View Post
    Would never be allowed at low levels, because it would let people cast VE and kels at lvl 70.

Would never be allowed at high levels, because--well, it might let us cast those level-locked nanos earlier or something.
    Huh? How would extra nano let you cast nanos earlier?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Huh? How would extra nano let you cast nanos earlier?
    For some reason I was thinking nanoskills instead of nanopool. Besides, we have plenty of perks for that already.

But to be honest, no one (NT or otherwise) ever runs out of nano anyway. We really need nukes that drain the target's nanopool instead of health, by amounts comparable to the damage of our regular nukes at any given level.

Also a nano-DoT line that can effectively counter humidity extractors would be useful.

Alternatively, we could use a nanoprogram similar to "Enfraams inverted restrainer" that shortens the duration of buffs on opponents.

For some reason I was thinking nanoskills instead of nanopool. Besides, we have plenty of perks for that already.

But to be honest, no one (NT or otherwise) ever runs out of nano anyway. We really need nukes that drain the target's nanopool instead of health, by amounts comparable to the damage of our regular nukes at any given level.

Also a nano-DoT line that can effectively counter humidity extractors would be useful.

Alternatively, we could use a nanoprogram similar to "Enfraams inverted restrainer" that shortens the duration of buffs on opponents.
    Oh ho, I'm actually contemplating resetting perks to max Enhance Nano and dust off that Faithful Bodyarmor. More nano would most certainly rock! Even a +1k nano nano would be sweet. That new nanoshield actually works pretty sweet for pvp (only, I could say) when you do some "illogical" changes to your setup.

The last two ideas you have are nice too.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

That new nanoshield actually works pretty sweet for pvp (only, I could say) when you do some "illogical" changes to your setup.
    Haha told ya
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Oh ho, I'm actually contemplating resetting perks to max Enhance Nano and dust off that Faithful Bodyarmor. More nano would most certainly rock! Even a +1k nano nano would be sweet. That new nanoshield actually works pretty sweet for pvp (only, I could say) when you do some "illogical" changes to your setup.
    NTs can have a "damage" setup or a "nano" setup.

What's logically missing is a high-value "lend nano" nanoprogram for paired NTs.

I was wondering the other day why there were no nano equivalents of the essence line

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    I was wondering the other day why there were no nano equivalents of the essence line
    Ya wtb a nano Behemot- +20 k nano self buff. Would make the new shield pretty interesting

Just without snare plz! :P

And on the side note just soloed bartender on my lvl 100 enf. couldnt even see bartender's lvl lol. Nerf enf tankin skills
    Last edited by seventshadow; Nov 15th, 2006 at 01:33:48.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

1 - Offensive leet pets.
    2 - Maybe a HoT?
    3 - Cyberdeck becomes electric guitar, wails and widdles on demand.
    4 - Izgimmer's Advy Killer (just anything to ward off advies )
    5 - Ability to use more than one symb group.. Y'know, some good ones.
    6 - A nerf bat
    7 - How about upgrading layers, blinds, stun.. all those nanos that we didn't get.
    I mean, we're a casting proff and only got like nukes and an int boost with sl untill recently.
    8 - Assume Profesison: Clanner
    Looking good is nine tenths of the fight.

NTs can have a "damage" setup or a "nano" setup.

What's logically missing is a high-value "lend nano" nanoprogram for paired NTs.
    It's quite possible to have all damage perks trained as well as all nanoperks. There's no benefit from having more MC to get more damage. Getting both extremely high is more useful now. Though I guess I should just forget about the AR and defence, it doesn't really work and having 3500 more nano would probably help more than 60ish nanoskills and 30 evades.
    The Red Brotherhood

All those posts about nanodrains make me come to this conclusion: we should have something like the good old "manaburn" stuff.
    We are masters of nanotechnology, yet we can't do anything to jam our ennemies nanobots. Nanoskills debuff are part of the MP toolset, and i think it should remain the same.
    As casting a nano other than nukes drops our damage to 0, a "manaburn" like nano would be the solution:
    It should remove a part of the target's nanopool. Not all (enough "I WIN" buttons in AO already), but a decent amount.
    Add a level lock if you wanna be sure we can't twink to hell and drain anyone to 0 nanos in one click at lower levels, but allow us to *really* annoy our target's nano capacities.
    I don't have any numbers yet, but it should drain about 1/4 of a non-casting prof (like shade trox) and 1/8 of a pure caster (like a nanomage doc or NT).
    About the damage, it should be a little bonus to regular nukes (like a 1:1 drain/damage ratio in PvM, and half in PvP, as always).

Strong points:
    1/ something that can annoy casting prof, but not 100% insta guaranted omgwtfpwn
    2/ we *MAY* have a chance against docs and advies
    3/ should give nanopool (read nanomage) a real advantage, for once, and a little drawback (for once too) to the atrox breed.
    4/ rebalance pvp a bit.

Weak points:
    1/ won't be any good against keepers

And finally, as always, i've nothing against it having a cyb0rdeck req (<message type=subliminal>Real mages don't use weapons</message>).

Thoughts?

[LAST NOTE]As i said, make it 40% and 1/2 dmg in pvp like any other thing (not really a choice anyway) but let the nanodrain work the same in pvp and pvm, without any cap[/LAST NOTE]
    Last edited by Rakusu; Nov 15th, 2006 at 16:35:49.
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Is a nice idea above, only by the time you kill a docs nanopool, you're probably dead anyway.

Need more defenses (hint to FC: ones that don't nerf us more than they help). Is what pvp has come to mostly now. Defence and AS.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Is a nice idea above, only by the time you kill a docs nanopool, you're probably dead anyway.
    like I originally suggested, if you're taking away 3-6K nano with each attack, it's not so slow.

Admittedly this would be more fun in group pvp than 1v1, though.

So I've just now brought up my PHB, and I'm thinking to myself, what makes the following phraze so true? "If the DM ain't cryin', your Wizard ain't tryin'."

What makes the Arcane caster so useful in the fantasy setting? Some might say damage, going nova, ect. Others will assert that the very versitile toolset is the key, but NTs aren't supposed to be the do-all. They kill things, and what some of us might know about killing things is, when HP starts getting HUGE, you need to look to other ways to incapacitate or kill your target. That's right, save or die spells.

So how would we impliment that in AO?

One option is doing just that, making a check vs NR [a REASONABLE one, and people who go out of their way getting huge NR would be able to save vs it, just like anyone with a great Will or Fort save].
    Another would be to forgo the damage cap on certain nukes [still being able to NR them, just not as easily], which keeps TMS and other such means saving the life of the victim [immunity to death effects, anyone?].
    Of course, you'd definitely make it so you can't spam either of these implimentations, either by making it a special on a timer, having something run on you that disallows reuse, or having it eat nano like an EQB through butter.
    The final way that I'm going to mention, which is similar to the second way given, would do massive damage and forgo the damage cap, but it would also damage yourself for quite a bit, forgoing the damage cap, as well as reflects running on yourself [possibly a %maxHP?], but also allow you to spam it, assuming you can live through more than a couple of executions.
    Mope, mope, mope...
    In the enchanted forreeesssst!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234