Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forcing us to get another client does not make sense

Forcing us to get another client does not make sense

Errm.... let's look ahead and see what happens.

1) I already have TWO existing accounts.
    2) I buy TWO booster packs for these 2 existing accounts.
    3) I end up with TWO EXTRA CD-Keys for NEW accounts.
    4) I give these TWO New accounts to friends.
    5) These TWO friends want to have booster pack as well...
    6) So they buy TWO booster packs.
    7) Now they have TWO EXTRA CD-Keys... lying these useless.
    8) Give to their friends and REPEAT THE CYCLE ?

This is CRAP. Sounds like a cheapo way to push AO's subscriber base at EXISTING PLAYER'S EXPENSE!

Multiply this by the exisitng AO player base.. that would be a lot of $$$ wasted on OUR part.

It is VERY UNFAIR IMO.

Funcom. U guys should show some sincerity in treating your EXISTING customers with some respect and not think we are idiots.

I hope u guys come with with a modified package for existing subscribers, and allow the online purchase with download option.

Or even allow mail order online, like what u did once with mailing out the client CDs.

I am sure u will earn more $$$ this way as u cut out all the middleman, etc.

During AO's launch, I would not have been able to play AO if u guys didn't allow the download and registration online. The AO boxes only came to retail stores in my country MONTHS after the launch. If u are sticking to the BOX only approach.... I think I might just end up giving up AO after all.

Ok.. instead of just complaining. I'll offer some suggestions:

1) In the retail box, give 2 Keys
    - One for NEW ACCOUNT + BOOSTER enabled
    - One for booster pack ALONE.

This would mean, existing users can use the Booster Pack key, and give the new account to a friend (help boost rubika population and make the game even more fun)

2) Let existing users apply the extra Key (for new account) for a discount. (if they don't want to have a new account)
    - eg. 1 month free
    - or maybe just 5 dollars off next deduction, etc.

I honestly think my suggestions are fair to both FC and us, your existing supporters.

Please consider them.

Anybody else who have more ideas, please feel free to contribute.

I still like AO very much even though my main toon had reach a plateau (ie. no more goals to achieve except the threadmill to 200)

Don't want to give up AO. But if the pack is just plain PVP and we can do without it. And u guys don't want to come out with a fair offer... maybe I'll do what another poster suggested... wait for the main shadowlands expansion instead of buying this "interim solution".

Actulay From a Marketing stand point It makes perfect sence..
    Player A. buys the box but only needs the booster. So he gives The client to player B. Player B plays on the 30 days and hopefully is hooked helplessly, and becomes a monthy subscriber.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Originally posted by HidaReign
    Actulay From a Marketing stand point It makes perfect sence..
    Player A. buys the box but only needs the booster. So he gives The client to player B. Player B plays on the 30 days and hopefully is hooked helplessly, and becomes a monthy subscriber.
    Who then buys the booster, and gives client to player c.........

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Wonder if this will fall under the chain letter law. LoL.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Look at it this way...... free AO client with the booster pack

I think getting the client with the Booster is a great idea... it means that the Booster can bring returning players back with little fuss. they dont have to dl all the patches and patch all the way up to the current date. they can just install the client and away they go.

The Booster pack has made me consider making time in my life again for AO... it was going to be a pain to have to re install from scratch and repatch (If I ever find time to come back that is )

/me thinks e-bay might have a few CD's for sale soon.
    (assuming they don't put the booster on the same CD)

Unhappy

The thing I don t understand is that we have to pay for a feature that is Writen on the back off the Ao box since the beginning !

Land control is promised since the first release of AO and we never had it... Now it comes, but you have to pay for it ..

Really sad I think ..

Edited : mistake, I thought it was written on box (french box), that was not the case, excuse me all
    Last edited by Haazelthorn; Aug 28th, 2002 at 18:59:28.
    Kranoramix - MP
    Haazelthorn - Ing

Originally posted by Haazelthorn
    The thing I don t understand is that we have to pay for a feature that is Writen on the back off the Ao box since the beginning !

Land control is written on the box since the first release of AO and we never had it... Now it comes, but you have to pay for it ..

Really sad I think ..
    It's not on my box.... can you show a photo ?

I dont seem to have gotten one of those boxes either, must be a faulty batch reality

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Hopefully the client that comes with the booster will be the latest version.............

.........unlike the one that came with the special edition.

So I can delete all the patches from my server to free up some space............which I can fill with all the new patches :-)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

If it makes Intra come back, it'll be worth having the client in the booster.

We miss you, man! Come back to your fixer brethren!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

It will be nice having a cd around that is more up to date than the one I got from Funcom. If my hard drive crashed now I would reload my cd and then download about a 100mbs of patches or so with my crappy 56k connection.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

I'd be burning those puppies to a cd if I were you. I made a backup of my AO install because it takes an eternity to patch.

Altaire

Hey now, Intra has fixer sis... er... sisthren.... sisters....

well, there's more than just male fixers running around, ya know? And of COURSE Intra's popular with us...

Nietya

Level 77 Clan fixer.

Trellame ought to be sainted or made a deity or something. I mean, seriously.

I had never owned an AO box.

AO took months to reach my country. I bought my account online thru their registration site.

And downloaded the whole 600++ MB of the initial client installation too. Those playing AO in my country got their client from a local broadband server.

I probably won't be getting the new AO boxes in my country either ..... (judging from how long it took them to get the boxes and how long it took them to sell the boxes... )

Uhm....

Does this booster pack mean that I gotta start all over again with a DIFFERENT char to actually USE the new features??? Or can I use my current char?? Cause I don't wanna start all over again!!

Originally posted by Creepje
    Does this booster pack mean that I gotta start all over again with a DIFFERENT char to actually USE the new features??? Or can I use my current char?? Cause I don't wanna start all over again!!
    No, you can add the booster pack features to your existing account. But in case you don't have one, you get a new account too, basically.

oh thank god! Cool ...

I think I might get the booster pack since I've got too much money anyways

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast