Thread: Is it just me, or is RK2 dying?

Is it just me, or is RK2 dying?

I'm an 87 agent, and I've started to notice how few people there are around my level. The last two nights I have tried for over an hour to find a team, and eventually had to just log. I usually try at around 7-8 PM central time, so it' not like I'm trying at a weird time or anything. When I find a team, it is usually with the same people (not a bad thing, they are all good team mates). This has led me to believe that RK2 is slowly (or maybe not so slowly) dying. I know that I could solo or sneak missions, but I already have good equipment and agents have a hard time soloing. I really like the game, but I'm not willing to restart on RK1 or try and solo.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just wrong?
    Kamelot lvl 89 Agent

Irvin Miollnir Lene lvl 20 Enforcer

I think everyone has noticed this at all levels on all dimensions. Not just rk2. :P

I get that all the time. When I log in with my 121 adv there is nobody around that level on. Switch to my level 39 trader and I only see 120ish people. *shrug*

I petitioned and asked if I could move my rk2 characters to rk1.. No dice. I wish they did tho. No reason to why it would not work..
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Originally posted by Zylina
    I think everyone has noticed this at all levels on all dimensions. Not just rk2. :P
    RK1 is full with people, never seen this many people in Tir before as I have the last weeks, so rk1 not dying, that's for sure...

The few times I have logged into RK2, it have always seemed dead to me, so hard to know if it's dying or already dead
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

The one time I made a char on RK2, I saw almost no one...and this was 6 months or more ago.

Lol, ever been to rk3? ..
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Talking

Yep and it's lovely!

The biggest plus for me is that I cannot "twink" my characters as there's no "big sister" to pick up the tab. They wear what they can find/blitz for. None of them is wearing anything that needs outside buffing to equip. (The challenge of surviving this way is far greater than the challenge of squeezing another 3 QLs on pre-OE)

My friends list is empty, I don't get 76527497659 /tells a minute, and everyone buffs everyone else as they run past, very much like RK1 in the first few weeks.

I get to see all the unique mobs I want to see, just walking around freely in the countryside.

It is wonderful for those times when you just "Vant to be alone"
    Last edited by Schu; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 18:47:21.

Was anyone on during that weird sort of event yesterday. The clanners alone almost locked up tir and BY5. I would say there are more people on RK2 then ever.

But some days you can be unlucky and not find teams its rather random.

say there is 24 people on in your level group chances are there are 4 groups all in Bs missioning 90% of the time.

Now tomorrow there are only 22 so now there is 1 or 2 groups LFM and you get a team right away.

See even though there were more people on the first day you couldn't find a team. Its just luck in finding teams nothing else.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Well

My opinion is that RK2 is going stronger and stronger.

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
    - Homer J Simpson

Homer: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then
    I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!

Unhappy What's even sadder...

Waaaaaaaay back when, when the game first launched. There was the RK1 server, and of course because of all the bugs and such you couldn't log on or was disconnected like heck.

RK2 came about. The PROMISE was to make your char on RK2, when the bugs and lag got worked out, there WOULD BE a dimension merge.

Needless to say after about 2 weeks of people hopping on RK2, that little bit of news got dropped. AND because of the lagout, LD, disconnects, not able to login, more and more joined up on RK2. Voila RK1 and RK2, where because, well I won't speak for everyone, I played, and was still given the hope that the dimension merge would happen. That dimension merge will never happen. Why, becuase they couldn't get it right from the start and now, it's technically impossible to do.

Cz, Cosmik can all deny it. I believe I still have the email (although on a verrrrrrrry old backup set), but the Dimension merge WAS to happen, not IF.

Funny....they still have a link to the Archives, but it is no longer accessible.......would have had a link for you all to read....
    Last edited by Varfleet; Aug 25th, 2002 at 19:34:15.

I guess funcom thinks so too cuz rk2 is down atm :/ no mention to why
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

I started on RK2 and remain there for a number of reasons.

The biggest one being, I *hate* overcrowding. I'm not really much for teaming anyway, and while I do it from time to time, I prefer to have to sit about a wait a while to find a team than to walk through town getting a million /tells and team requests. It happens on RK2 as well, like in trade district, but not as badly as it did when I tried out RK1.

The economy on RK2 is also somewhat less inflated, and special mobs are less heavily camped.

That said, I hope RK2 stays the size it is.. if it got a huge influx of players it would just just as bad as RK1.

--Sandy