Thread: Please explain EXP Bonus

Please explain EXP Bonus

I, apparently, do not know how it works. I thought that you received a specific amount based on how much EXP you get from a kill.

Items, Perks, Nanos, and Side EXP Bonus all add up to 30%. This should mean, that, if I make a kill worth 50k EXP, then my bonus should be 15K giving me a grand total of 65k EXP for the kill. Instead I am getting 5k Bonus Exp, which means I am receiving a 10% Bonus instead of the 30% I should be getting. I am not even getting the full 12.01% Side EXP Bonus from being Omni. Am I wasting my time putting points into EXP enhancing perks or even wasting time using EXP Nanos?

Insurance Agent works normally. At lvl 1 I get 230% back at a time. As for getting EXP normally, I just don't see where I am getting the bonus. Can anyone please explain it to me?

There is a cap on how much EXP you can get for a kill, at low levels you will reach the cap alot, iirc even ado hecks are capped in the beginning. LIke when you kill Nasc hecks you start out at 8k or so, and when they start turning orange you get 18k or so for the same mob, I think max XP is 10% of a level, but im not entirely sure.

I dont know how it is actually calculated, but I have seen before that the calculations isnt always right and it is a bit hard to check since you dont know how much EXP there is a on a givin mob, but removing +XP stuff will show if its added or not.

My 216 crat gets between 106-113k SK from a 215 Inferno med mission, my 210 Doc gets 70-76k SK so it makes a difference (havent played lately but it was like that before the SK nerf in missions)
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    the amount of xp/kill is also set by your level vs the mobs level.
    If you kill a mob that isnt red to you , you gain less xp.
    If you kill a mob that is way way above you (like a level 80 killing an ely heck) , you gain less xp (the game guesses you had outside help for it).

There is also a limit of how much XP you can get in 1 kill. (like Luna said)
    it's 10% of whatever you need to level.
    If you need 100K xp to level then a single kill cant get you more then 10K. even if all your +xp would make you give 15K. (cant recall if side xp bonus was covered in that).

Past 200 the amount of faction you have into your comitted side influence the amount of sk/kill as well.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

also +xp% isn't calculated from amount u get for kill. best example is 100% xp perk. by regular math u should get double amount of xp u got w/o it (killing same mob), but it effects only base xp u get from kill (it means w/o any xp item/perk or faction or w/e else is calculated). so easiest way to check if your items add as much as u expect kill same mob with 100 % and w/o it. substitute amount xp with perk and w/o and u'll get base xp per mob. then do simple math to check how much your iems add. with my english skills i messed something up, i'm almost sure
    i R not spik engrish

xp bonus

as I understand it, if the mob is worth 100k. and ur side bonus from faction is 10% u will recieve 110k with 10 k side bonus. Any xp "stuff" ie perks, items, tb, nanos will get added to the first number not the side bonus.

So if u have 50% in xp stuff, ur 100k will actully be 150K and ur side bonus (saying 10%) would be 15k so u would now get 165 000 xp 15k side bonus.

The xp recieved inludes ALL bonuses... inclding side bonus... and side bonus only inludes faction bonus.

I could be wrong, but when i crunch the numbers that is what i get.

Hope that helps.
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

I was under the impression that all +XP would add up, and be applied to the base XP.
    So, lets say you got 9% baton, 10% Aura, 2% CP, 14% Rings, 7% Imps, 9% tokenboard, and 9% side bonus, you would get 60% more than you would get for the same mob w/o all that gear, and you´d get 160% more when you have him perked with the 100% one - so 2.6k SK for a "1k-mob".

There are issues with cap XP afaik, so when you need i.e. 60k XP to fill the level, you´d get a max of 6k per kill. The side bonus is the only one that can override this, all others don´t, which in our example would be 9%=540 XP.
    If you kill a mob that would get you 5500 XP (under cap), you´d get wierd numbers that don´t match the bonus you have on paper.
    Hardestdrugs, Doctor, 220
    Tenderly, Enforcer, 215
    Adacta, Bureaucrat, 220
    Midshipman, Soldier, 216

A small, cute dog is called a doggy.
    A small, cute girl is called a girly.
    Now what do we call a small, cute Org ?