Thread: Oh the shame (help)

Oh the shame (help)

So I've been playing for years, Im in a decent sized guild in RK2 and have access to a lot of shiney toys. Lately I've been trying my hand at soloing Inf Dynabosses. Using the guide posted in the sticky and I have been having tons of problems.

I think it stems from my equipment. About a year ago I saw this butt kickin crat on a Pande raid and spoke to him for about an hour about armor. In the end I decided to go for a set of the Crat Chosen armor for its nice HP bonus's and decent everything else.

I present to you - My Crap :http://www.aomainframe.com/configrep...1&PerkSet=1336

Thats all the stuff I got, armor, symbiants and perks. Can you guys reccomend any upgrades for me ? Im dieing every time I try to solo anything in Inferno. Now I dont have some of the nanos reccomended (Improve Cut Red Tape, expensive bugger) and I use a JAME on full defense. Evade Close Combat is Max'd.

Anything you guys see that I might be messing up on ? Any advice greatly appreciated./

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    A quick search show you as a level 217/AI 11 omni nanomage bureaucrat.

In the weapons tab:
    T*ry to get your hands on a Communications Relay for utils 3.
    *Put your star of management in utils1 or utils2.
    *Place an Viral target subunit in hud3 (or if you cant find a subunit use an eremite macro sensor for now)
    *place an eremite psychic sensor in hud2
    *Replace the inferno key with an Endorphin Factory.
    *use decent weaponry.
    *If you have access to pande phatz: check to gain libra ncu, TNH or APF belt, beast sleeve (if possible burden and perhaps helmet of hypocrisy)

In the armor tab:
    *Swap your cyborg board for either the tokenboard or comfort of the sagitarius.
    *exchange the chosen crat cloak for either merlin backpiece or OTAF tank
    *exchange sleeves for kegern sleeves/ranged beast sleeve/AI sleeves
    *keep the chosen gloves
    *keep the pants..other options are kegern pants/beast pants/libra pants.
    *exchange boots to anything that has usefull mods. (leo boots or otaf boots or boots of azure reveries)
    *use the HHAB in pande and for pvp only. otherwise go with a damage ring.
    *use the +10 ring for levelling but otherwise stick to a damage ring.
    *the +HP saba's aren't all bad but imho for crat damage saba's are better.
    *shoulderpads: a merlin pad + MoR on other side.

Overall try to gain a bit more HitPoints out of your armor.

*perks:
    Insurance agent 4...go down to IA1
    Training seminar 4...untrain all. you already have enough ++xp.
    combat knowledge 8..untrain all.
    that free's up 16 perks.
    Put those into bureaucratic shuffle.
    put 1 into CiB10..that leaves 5 perks for first aid perkline or pistol mastery or <whatever you want>

*due to lack of time i didnt check out symbs.

As to technique: dont shoot the mob you are solo'ing. choose your pets wisely and use roots/snares/malaise as needed. learn to time dodge the blame for the random aggro and you'll be fine.
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

I have access to Pande drops, so no problem there. Plenty of points been looking for the Beast Sigil, just no luck yet.

Just barely snagged a Com Relay last night.

When soloing you say not to shoot the mob, but to juggle the pets. Why all the dps gear ?

I totally botched the perks, I dont have the AI Combat Knowledge, I have Champion of Nano Combat to 10.

Im in the process of going down to IA 1 and putting into the other crat defensive line.

I have only slightly different suggestions for soloing (as opposed to SKing, where its all about +damage)

UTILS Tab
    Inf Key to either Inf Sanc or Endorphin Factory
    Star of Management to UTILS1 - Eremite Sensor in HUD2
    Get an alien crit scope
    Biomaterial Defensive Shield and Com Relay for Utils 2 and 3
    Range Increaser and Viral Memory Storage for Deck 3 and 4
    Pande/Apf belt if you can get one

Armor Tab
    Molybdenum Chest
    OTAF/Notum tank or Merlin/Notucomm cloak
    Glimmering Magnetic or Rust Pitted Rings
    Token Board, Sigil of Bahomet or Comfort of Sagitarius

Implants/Perks
    QL250-300 Left hand with -skilllock and first aid in the left hand
    By your perks you are 217, so I would say:
    10 Directorship
    10 CP
    10 Crat Shuffle
    6 CiB
    1 Insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by ergi View Post

When soloing you say not to shoot the mob, but to juggle the pets. Why all the dps gear ?
    dps gear is for every other situation besides solo'ing.
    For solo'ing you might use hp bracers instead of dmg aruls.

I use this, and it works OK for me, I generally have no problems soloing stuff, and been soloing the merlin dragons since 205. In the beginning I died alot, even with outside bufs so in the end it all matters on your charms and where you fight, and once I figured it out I only died on Salahpt cause the place is so bugged.

I dont change much when soloing, normally just put on a Bracer of Reflection - Elements and Reflect graft and sometimes a HP bracer on the other wrist

Here is how it goes

Notum Scurge/Vortex on long charm, Eremite/Cosset on short
    Find a place to fight, like at Tuq'usk you would pull it a bit down the hill to that stone pillar, once it gets close to it send pets and root it, hide behind pillar for a min then debuff and chain cast snare untill it lands, hide and wait, target short charm while you wait so you can recharm it fast when it runs out, after recharm start snaring again... keep an eye on the cosset/eremite HP cause it will tank alot, next time you recharm put it on follow and drag it behind the pillar to regen some HP if needed, it will proberly still get hit during that time so some times I release it and calm it for a few min, and during that time the bot will take alot of hits so have a spare in inventory, recharm and send pets back... wait, debuf, snare, recharm wait, debuf, wait, loot.

Normally I just take a hit when pulling, and sometimes on recharming but thats not often and as long as I can stay out of sight, its no big deal, only takes a few sec to heal back up.

Sometimes I shoot when there is 3-4 baubles left, thats when I get hit, but since I have 12k HP self now I can take the nuke and 3 hits without dieing, HP rocks , but I never shoot on the Spiders or the 250 bosses, they hurt to much

Without the Eremite/Cosset aggro will shift much more, so make sure you have one of thoose
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

the biggest conclusion is:
    Get alot of HP.
    Stay out of LoS and learn to work with those random aggro hits...
    be sure to have a long term charm pet who can tank it out.
    Have a short charm pet to remove some damage from your tank pet and keep an eye on it's HP.
    Try to have a spare robot pet shell at all times.
    Range increaser is a good thing to have to...

For solo'ing merlin dragons (the level 215 ones) you can use two level 200+ spinetooth nearby...it will just take alot longer then if you were to use a Scourge/eremite (or cosset) combo.

You can see my setup in my signature (it's up to date even ).
    For solo'ing anything level 230 or higher i swap the dmg bracers to HP bracers.
    Most level 215 bosses i can dodge with ease so i often shoot along when only 3 or 4 baubles of HP left. (but dont do this untill you are rather certain of your solo'ing capabilities)
    Last edited by Shevaya; Oct 2nd, 2006 at 10:25:01.

I have access to Pande drops, so no problem there. Plenty of points been looking for the Beast Sigil, just no luck yet.
    Signit is not the greatest for that slot. You would be alot better off getting a real token board, The additional add all def will be benificial.
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

Okay! Thanks all awesome advice.

So far I've done almost all the Merlin Dragons with no failure whatsoever. Seems what I was doign wrong was my short charm was allways a Spinetooth now that i've been draggin the eremite around its been a TON easier. Also the snare advice was awesome.

Snare should last near 20 mins, but it never seems to, is that a bug ?

Thanks again for the great advice, I will be retooling things and post again in a few weeks once I've redone armor and perks a touch

So far I've done almost all the Merlin Dragons with no failure whatsoever. Seems what I was doign wrong was my short charm was allways a Spinetooth now that i've been draggin the eremite around its been a TON easier. Also the snare advice was awesome.

Thanks again for the great advice, I will be retooling things and post again in a few weeks once I've redone armor and perks a touch
    Congrats on solo'ing those. once you get smooth with those you can start building up and taking on stuff like afreet ellis and his friends..
    Snare durations gets shortened because they have a chance to Break On Attack, Break On Debuff, Break On Spell Attack.
    Just use em wisely keeping the taunt factor in mind.

GL on retooling and reperking

You are most welcome

Shackles of Obedience has a 2% chance on breaking on attack so it holds pretty good, however there are some bugs related to it, 1: it does not giver a message when it breaks/stops, 2: even when it has stopped running you will often still see the green shimmer around the mob, so it is guessing if its running or not.

If you dont have it yet, spend creds on Improved Red Tape it makes a huge difference and for soloing it is 100 times more usefull than Improved Cut Red Tape and its only a fraction of the price.

Soloing as crat isnt as much gear, its the art of not being seen
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Target Modify Agg/Def -50

What exactly does that do ?

Target Modify Agg/Def -50

What exactly does that do ?
    Don't shoot me if this is wrong, but I THINK it reconfigures the appropriate stats as if you had set your AGGDEF slider 50% farther towards DEF.

So, say you have your slider at 70%. The game will treat you as if you actually put it at 20%.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

it actually does that: it puts the mobs agg/deff bar 50% down.
    Consequences of that are: Mob hits slower but might evade more...but even docs with 1k AR can hit stuff so the extra 'evading' is not noticable (very sometimes it is on our psychology based perks)