Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocketing in PvP ruins PvP, healing should give flags

There has never been as much lag in Borealis as there is now. I never used to lag into shops, now it happens constantly.

maybe pvp can bring enough lag to bor that you will find a new city

<3 rehashing old topics
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    --------------------------------------------------
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Hope FC will do something about this. Would be great. *hopes*

I dunno if this has already been covered and frankly I wont waste my time to see if it has already been said, since resaying it will take far less time but...

Suppose you are standing in bor, you have just died after another terrible APF raid, you hit bio rejuv to restore your health a bit faster to full, that bio rejuv heals some lvl 5 guy hitting people with a chair in front of FT, you get a flag and get alphaed by 6 clanners who are camping you in hopes of outfarming damage on the other 5. Should this be?

I agree pocket healing is lame, but so is hitting a base and leaving and waiting for defenders to get bored, just an unavoidable part of the game. Some may say "make buff/heal restrictions like a 4 hour flag" Which would mean in short in twink warfare, someone brings a flag, you cant get rebuffed until the flag is gone..which may or may not be a good twist in twink pvp.

As lame as pocket healing is, it is even more lame to just stand and watch a fellow Omni/Clan/Neutral(lol) die, if its not a duel (and it never is) if an omni is getting attacked, with just a very few exceptions, unless I am currently fighting I will help them however I can on w/e character I happen to be on at the moment.
    Executive and Spiritual leader of the Role playing juggernaut that is Dark Front.

How to kill an agent in under 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    It'll be awesome like second life where you see 12foot tall penises walking around and furries will have a strong foothold in Omni Ent

The might have been lags in Borealis before, but it was nothing compared to HUGE_LAGZ0RS and 5seconds freezes i get now.

Ah ok, you use your same side AOE heal, and it somehow manages to heal someone not on your side. Test it in game, it won't heal neuts unless you are one. So then either one of your clan buddies set you up, in which case you deserved it, or you're pocketing. Besides, you shouldn't heal clanners anyways.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Can someone please buy random some reading lessions.

OK random lets go over this again but slowly step by step so you can keep up with the rest of us.

"Novafox" is a Neut.
    A level 5 neut whom is flaged runs by novafox when she is standing in bor.

Still with me?

As said level 5 flaged neut runs by, Novafox fires off her ONLY heal perk to heal herself since she is rezing. <She's an engie we've only got 1 heal line we can effectly perk>

Now Novafox is Flaged from using an AOE heal that hit this level 5 neut that was flaged, but not really incombat just running by.

Now Level 220 Clan/Omni agent sees novafox flaged <whom probly doesnt know they are flaged> and AS/perk/perk/BS Dead engie.

"Did you stay with me the whole way there? I really dont want to go over that again so just reread it a few times."

Now as for fixing it since to many people are to lazy to remove flags and just go to a 25% zone it would probly be best to make simple changes to the PVP Enabled nano itself.

I'd suggest coping the PVP level restrictions from the 4 hour nano to the 15 min one, along with making a Must be in team" and "Must have PVP EnabledV2" Running. to cast nanos on someone that has PVP EnabledV2. This would mean that you'd have to be in team to cast a nano on someone who has the PVP EnabledV2 running in their ncu. Would mean no more pocket docing and engies and others who accdently fire off an AOE nano inside a city wont get flaged themselfs.

Probly make 3 checks on it after thinking about it.

IS target in pvp range.
    Is target in team.
    Must have PVP Enabledv2 running.

You wouldnt beable to flag off other people you'd have to find a friendly guard so it would also get rid of ganking kinda. Gankers would just have to get flaged themselfs.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

hey tech, point to me where in this thread novafox says she's a neut, and not just ganked frequently by everyone.

And if she's healing level 5 people with a flag, pvping or not, she's pocketing and should burn in hell. Go use the surgery clinic that's 20 feet away in the nearest backyard, it's quicker and recharges nano.

sorry you're right nova never did directly state that they are a neut. My many applogizes about forgetting you cant make leaps of logic.

Now flaming you aside I just gave you the fix for the pvp nano that would make it so people who dont want to pvp arent going to get ganked and esier for FC than your "give everyone a flag." idea that would make people angry.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

its quite simpleyou need 2 things

1. make all flags act like tower flags this prevents pocket healers out of range
    2. make all simgle and team heals flag you, not perks they dont matter the amount of healing you get from perks isnt enough to casue a problem

the otehr problem when i have is people healing when its a fair one on one even if we dont say anything about dueling its pretty obvious this happened a few days ago a 150 fixer that pwns me was beating on my mp i was barely holding on but slowly killing him and a 151 doc (1 lvl out of my range nerf :P) started healing him which i couldnt come close to oding but thats off topic at least the doc was flagged

Eh thet, what's the point then?

People don't pvp at towers for a reason.

edit: fixed typo

Now what about a Keeper in your team?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Now what about a Keeper in your team?
    Very good question. Or a keeper's proximity heal. That's probably why this idea hasn't been implemented yet. Logically, healing someone in pvp should flag the healer AND be subject to the same level limits as fighting but then you've got a whole new set of challenges in implementing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by sze View Post
    The way I see it, if you pocket someone who's fighting someone else you ENGAGE in combat. Therefore, healing someone who's flagged should give the healer flags.
    What if someone hits an area heal perk for the purpose of healing themselves but accidentally heals flagged peopl,? or hits their shadowbreed for the perception buff? Should they get a flag for that?
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent

yes flag everyone plx!
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    its quite simpleyou need 2 things

1. make all flags act like tower flags this prevents pocket healers out of range
    2. make all simgle and team heals flag you, not perks they dont matter the amount of healing you get from perks isnt enough to casue a problem
    i guess i should expland on this

1: you cannot get buffed at alle xcept by people in your range this effectively stops pocketing but by people in your range
    2: only make single and team heals flag you the only perks that i think would be a problem for pocketing are keeper perks

perks are not really a problem if you can only heal people in range of you lets look bio rejuv it heals 1kish?(depending) at 220 a 1k heal at 220 isnt a rpoblem at all but lets say at lvl 15 a 1k heal would be huge but since flag acts like gas you cant heal a lowbie so its ok, i just thought though maybe make the targeted heals flag you like keeper perks,bio regrow, stuff like that since its targeted i guess you are pocketing

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=215455

Along with about 6 other heal perks that do matter.

can you please stop trolling this ... its a serious thread and i dont want some random idiots ruin it ... gg wilsonnat ..
    too many alts to fit in a siggy
    Executing Nano Program: Prototype Biotoxin.
    Nano program executed successfully.
    You hit Lord of the Void with nanobots for 3 points of poison damage.
    ARGH GIMME A SIGGY

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...75#post4352675 bump this!

if a 220 doc pocket heals and gets flagged in front of SUBWAY, there's ... um, not much use, as 1) not many people go into subway at 220, and 2) I doubt anyone can kill a flagged 220 doctor... but I dunno.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

bgh has a 10min recharge and would not be relavent if you could onyl heal people in pvp range

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast