Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocketing in PvP ruins PvP, healing should give flags

Pocketing in PvP ruins PvP, healing should give flags

We all know how stupid pocketing is and we all know how bloody stupid it is with fights that really last forever because someone is constantly beeing CH'd and/or healed.
    This ruins PvP, especially TL3-TL5 pvp is very affected by this.

The way I see it, if you pocket someone who's fighting someone else you ENGAGE in combat. Therefore, healing someone who's flagged should give the healer flags.

Another 'fix' could be that if someone is flagged they can only be healed by the players in their PvP-range, wouldnt be as effective though.

Imagine theres a war where the medics didnt get shot at. >.<

What does the rest of you think? Bump this if you agree please.

bump for this!
    too many alts to fit in a siggy
    Executing Nano Program: Prototype Biotoxin.
    Nano program executed successfully.
    You hit Lord of the Void with nanobots for 3 points of poison damage.
    ARGH GIMME A SIGGY

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...75#post4352675 bump this!

Really bad idea. You can't just go throwing things that make sense into this game or its going to spoil people. Next thing you know people will asking for ammo to be in stacks of 1,000 instead of 100 in shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
    Really bad idea. You can't just go throwing things that make sense into this game or its going to spoil people. Next thing you know people will asking for ammo to be in stacks of 1,000 instead of 100 in shops.
    what is so bad about that idea?
    and bump.
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

Here's a few ideas:
    Get your own pocket doc. He has friends, why don't you get some?
    Get more DD. He has friends, why don't you get some?
    Go to 25% gas. Problem solved.

I have friends, we all have friends - thats the problem.

thus we all should get less friends?

Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

But I like my friends. Better to fix it my way by just flagging the pocket-friends.

I'd Bump this but i'd rather see A heal during PvP insta-kill the Caster and they end up in PW somewhere With -300 RS, no access to Cartographer Perks, no acess to grid nano's and OE on thier Yalm.

I mean why stop at a flag? Let's not wuss out when it comes to consequence. How bout if they Heal someone who is currently engaged in a PvP-Non Tournament style fight, they get the word "POCKET" placed in front of thier name in place of "Freshy" or whatnot, from a 24 hour, gotta be logged to kill it nano. And make it green, so it matches similarly the persons who have caught the clap from the prostitutes I suggested in the "WTB More NPC's" post.

Brox

Your attemt to be funny doesnt work out that well..

Its a good idea, but there is complications (and im sure why this hasent been added is this reason)
    How do you handle hots?

Someone throws a hot on a flagged guy, does he get flagged even if the other guy wasnt in combat? What if he gets in combat right after, and the heal ticks?
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

HoTs is something slightly different because it doesnt insta-heal you for like 1-10K hp.

it's still a heal so = flagged.
    works in my book.

Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

its simple if a person is flagged it acts like they are in gas and you can only heal them if your in pvp range and healing them flags you

I hope it never changes cause if it does I'll never be able to get Apprentice :/ ...
    Ayse "Millerna" Teyze (Level 220 / AI 23) Opi Agent - Retired
    Tecavuzcu "Duneprime" Coskun (Level 213 / AI 17) Sol Advy

Omni-Tek is my friend.

My 220 adv pockets lowbie pvp (only when I think it's fair, such as 3 clams against 1 omni). Flagging me won't do much good as I'm probably flagged anyways.

The instadeath PW thing is a much better idea.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

just make PvP flags like tower flags, (not the duration), nobody outside of pvp range can buff or heal them, also, prevent ppl from zoning while in combat, nothing more annoying when u have some mouthy little twerp trying to gank you, then running to a BY when they are getting their asses kicked!

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter View Post
    My 220 adv pockets lowbie pvp (only when I think it's fair, such as 3 clams against 1 omni). Flagging me won't do much good as I'm probably flagged anyways.

The instadeath PW thing is a much better idea.

So, you start a tread flaming pocket Doc's....and then admit to being a pocket Doc your self.

Here, have one of these......

No, have two..

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Its a good idea, but there is complications (and im sure why this hasent been added is this reason)
    How do you handle hots?

Someone throws a hot on a flagged guy, does he get flagged even if the other guy wasnt in combat? What if he gets in combat right after, and the heal ticks?
    Outside buffs are outside buffs and are quite different to a player that is actively trying to heal another.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly View Post
    Outside buffs are outside buffs and are quite different to a player that is actively trying to heal another.
    you're saying that a HoT isn't a heal?
    that's silly.

Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast