Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too much focus on TL7?

Too much focus on TL7?

Since I have decided that TL7 PVM and PVP is too much like a job in AO than a game, I have been focused significantly on alot of other title levels in the game, especially TL5 PVP. I was just wondering if FC has any intention to add some significant content to those aspects of the game? Since LE was released, the only lowbie content that I can think of that was added was S10 and a quest each in Scheol and Adonis. Those are nice, but extremely restricted in the level of characters that can do them.

Is there anything that FC can say about plans to increase the availability of quests/encounters/raids to provide unique items, weapons and armor to the lower title level characters in the game?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Isn't penumbra quest doable as tl5?
    I know inferno one is doable
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    In theory...yes. In practice, I guess if you have access to either your 3 other accounts of 220 to help ye out, or your guild full of twinks/220's.

In reality...not so much if you solo/team with a buddy.

Oddley..im agreeing with Obtena for a change. Need more content in that range (and not JUST tl5...3-4 is pretty lean also.)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

What the other Titlelevels have that the TL7s dont is leveling.so go level and quit complaining. The TL7s don't have **** to do.

BUMP...we have no apf, no real encounters meant for us. the second largest majority of twinks are at tl5, give us something!!! it's obvious that tl5 is a stopping point for many people now, and for some it's as close to endgame as they want to go. this is a community in itself that could use some attention.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

WTb more pvp modes tl5 or any tl i guess, bs map was incredable for the first week i played it, now i can get from b to a to c while blinded pretty easily :P. maybe a map with more stuff to hide behind and not so large so melee get boned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    The point is, playing an agent needs more skill.

I agree that lower levels could use some love. I'd like to see Scheol's brink redone so that the hecks are functional. No swimming through rocks, attacking from two sides at once or agging across the zone. Also, fix the doors on the dungeons that sprinkle SL and have been mostly closed for two years. And something between S10 and APF - done like S10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Not all Inferno quests are do-able @ tl5, the NPC will not talk to you if you are sub 190

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

It's a bit of a catch-22 for FC. On the one hand, they need to provide better mid-range content so that people don't feel they have to power level to tl7 before they can start experiencing the game. On the other hand, AO currently has a large tl7 group with not a lot of things to do in the game - they need to keep adding content to retain these players, but the more they add, the more that mid-level players will feel the need to power level and get to where all the new content is being added.

Bump for more even distribution of content anyway.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

thing is, there is alot of "end-game" content, which simply is not done, or required anymore... no longer is pande, or lotv items necessary in twinking symbs, you do not need to spend ages farming items/creds to get combined armor.

as it is now people can reach 220/23(to 30), and then spend a little time whoring battlestations to pay for Ofab, with very little difficulty or effort.

this is vastly different from the 'old' style, where you had to spend ages farming up chosen/faithful armor components, killing hecks, doing faction raids, killing more hecks, doing more faction raids, doing city raids, or apf to get axp.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
    What the other Titlelevels have that the TL7s dont is leveling.so go level and quit complaining. The TL7s don't have **** to do.
    Because they have reached the end of the game, that's why there isn't anything left for them to do. As characters, they've seen what there was to see, they did what there was to do, they've reached enlightenment, so now it's time for them to retire (and for you to roll an alt to experience the game from a different aspect). If you don't, then it's as if you'd demand the current movie to continue even after the end credits rolled past, just because you don't feel like going back to the box-office to buy a new ticket for a different one.

It's a lot simpler and comfortable to expect the devs to come up with more new "endgame" content that you can farm with your 220 for a couple of hours, instead of actually playing all those things you've just raced past on your way to 220 (and the "boredom" that reaching it had brought).

The way I see it, the "point" (if there is such thing in this case), the entertaining value of classic levelling MMOs is working your way up to the final level, instead of sitting there once you've reached it and complaining about not having anything to do now.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Because they have reached the end of the game, that's why there isn't anything left for them to do.
    go RP Michael Jackson or Doomcow...
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Since I have decided that TL7 PVM and PVP is too much like a job in AO than a game

Is there anything that FC can say about plans to increase the availability of quests/encounters/raids to provide unique items, weapons and armor to the lower title level characters in the game?
    If they did flesh out TL5 content wouldn't that make it become "too much like a job" as well?

I would support this, as of AO for me is to enjoy every singel level, and not to rush to 220.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

You can grind credits at TL7... That's about as interesting and fun as grinding levels...

EDIT:
    Actually I think I find it more fun than grinding levels, for the sake of gaining levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Since I have decided that TL7 PVM and PVP is too much like a job in AO than a game, I have been focused significantly on alot of other title levels in the game, especially TL5 PVP. I was just wondering if FC has any intention to add some significant content to those aspects of the game? Since LE was released, the only lowbie content that I can think of that was added was S10 and a quest each in Scheol and Adonis. Those are nice, but extremely restricted in the level of characters that can do them.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post
    I would support this, as of AO for me is to enjoy every singel level, and not to rush to 220.
    Bump for both...
    Last edited by Mekh; Mar 6th, 2008 at 17:55:05.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

I want a 150-174 Playfield, non-soloable. As hard as 42 raid @ Tl7, just make it suitable for TL5. Would be fun to get uber-rare items.
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Team instanced area with a quest chain that works diffrently every time u do it (5-6 dif scenarios) Like blow up a alien mother hive or w/e since axp is the really only u can do on a twink or help ur org m8s lvl in some retard heckler team.

Dont need a TL 5 s42 cuz its to many minds and souls to slap toghter rather want a 2 team instance instead
    Beertrinker
    Shadyyy
    Bultcratie
    Vaihelvete
    Proud Member of Paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by ithacana View Post
    Beer is like chocolatey secs goodness, how could you doubt him?

you've still got 7 alien levels to go, so you can't say that you don't have **** to do.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    you've still got 7 alien levels to go, so you can't say that you don't have **** to do.
    why do you think i'm still here?

Add an apf for 151-180 ish toons, some new half decent shoulderpads, a few new nanos for some profs that need them and perhaps a few new ok weaps (some tl5 profs use the same as tl3 and it gets boring) and I'd be happy/happier

I play my tl5 toons 100 times more than tl7 cuz of a number of reasons.

1. NW is pretty much lagless and you don't need 50+ to scratch a base.
    You can do it with your org mates.

2. A tl5 twink costs about a third of a tl7.

3. You need to farm alot less nodrops.

4. Leveling takes a lot less time.

5. BS isn't always a total zerg fest/meat grinder.

Those are just a few and bump for some tl5 love. Doesn't have to come at the expense of tl7 btw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast