Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Guide MkIII

Please add remark about onehander range problem and fact that rifles allow you to use CoHA perks. And fix newlines
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

You list Sniper's Friend as HUD 1 + 2. Isnt it HUD 2 + 3? Just from mind, I may be wrong...
    Also, the weapon section looks strange to me, with plenty of line breaks in the middle of sentences. Again, this may be just me or my browser.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    Please add remark about onehander range problem and fact that rifles allow you to use CoHA perks. And fix newlines
    Thanks, added both facts and fixed newlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    You list Sniper's Friend as HUD 1 + 2. Isnt it HUD 2 + 3? Just from mind, I may be wrong...
    Also, the weapon section looks strange to me, with plenty of line breaks in the middle of sentences. Again, this may be just me or my browser.
    Thanks , I think you are correct, I meant for HUD2, as there are much better uses for HUD3.
    Yes, line breaks. Not sure how I missed that, but it is fixed now nonetheless.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

I added an armor subsection to the PvP section, but it's incomplete. Comments are very welcome.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Might want to include that the biodome chest adds 16 AR. Also include allyssa's/carlos' boots since they add a fair amount of HP and 20 grenade. AR and HP makes engi happy.

When I get it finished I'll post my 25k HP setup. Looking at trying to tank people in pvp with team support, will be either a disasterous experience or really fun. Maybe both.

Your link to the biodome chest thinger is broken btw, need a space or something in there.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Might want to include that the biodome chest adds 16 AR. Also include allyssa's/carlos' boots since they add a fair amount of HP and 20 grenade. AR and HP makes engi happy.
    Bidome chest adds AR only on omni version. I added a note that there are other minor buffs on the item.
    I'll add the boots.
    Thanks for the feedback.

AODB seems to be down but most of the links point there. Is there another site this can be updated to? Also might add more explaination on how to obtain some of the higher end armors such as the Alien Armor and the subsequent Combined armors.

Otherwise awesome guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Michron View Post
    AODB seems to be down but most of the links point there. Is there another site this can be updated to? Also might add more explaination on how to obtain some of the higher end armors such as the Alien Armor and the subsequent Combined armors.

Otherwise awesome guide.
    AODB isn't down, it was renamed to aomainframe long time ago. I went over the links once and changed them to the correct place, but maybe I missed some. If you can be more specific I can fix the ones I missed.
    Section 6.3 is quite detailed on how to obtain higher end armors, if you need more details on any of them, please be more specific and I can add more.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    5.4. Resetting Skills
    If you're short in IP for a particular skill it is always better to level if you can rather than use one of these points.

There is no mechanism for getting more of these points.

There is a mechanism to get more IPR now. Quite expensive, tho. But still...
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    There is a mechanism to get more IPR now. Quite expensive, tho. But still...
    Thanks, I rewrote the section.

Nice guide! A few comments, though:

"Dribble down" is also referred to as "trickle".

Nano Pool:
    Items (& buffs) reducing Cost and/or temporary adding Nano will save valuable IP. In addition, I would recommend raising Psychic to "trickle raise" the Nano Pool. Reason: Psychic is a base skill required by several control symbiants and it trickles into other skills, pool is "just" pool...

Two more reasons to be nice to MP's:
    Mochams/Notum Web/Ease - reduce nanocost line
    Advanced Symbol Manipulation - Nano Prog. skill buff

Traders can cast "Lend Nano" and raise your nano pool.

NanoTechnicians is another prof with NanoCost reduce buffs, but they don't stack MP's "web" line. They might also have high NanoProg and other tradeskills, due to arithmetic/scout/officer armor and intel trickle etc...

If you are about to lose buffs or in other ways making pet OE, try placing them in "guard" mode. They will not obey any commands, but might try to defend you anyways...

Pet Memory:
    Frozen Android NCU Injector drops in Alappa. When defrosted (using assembled Pen Quest reward tool) it turns into Android NCU Injector. When used, these add 150 NCU to target and the only penalty is 3k -QFT to the pet. Skill needed: 750 ME/EE.

Implant Creation Guide ExtraOrdinaire
    Last edited by Luziciona; Feb 7th, 2008 at 12:55:14. Reason: added and adjusted links
    Proud Member of The Roots ----- Neut 4 Ever!! ----- Oh, btw: Here's The Story of Stuff & the Most Terrifying Video You'll Ever See.
    My goons: Luzengie 220/30/70 engie ----- Luziciona 220/30/70 MA ----- Luzolja 220/30/70 Sold ----- Fixxii 220/30/70 Fix ----- Nerfentehs 200/29/62 NT ----- Luztrox 200/30/68 Doc ----- Luzargh 199/22 Shade ----- Keepluzia 174/24 Keep ----- Luzidoxa 150/20 Doc ----- Luzee 150/10 Shade ----- Bancorotta 150/20 MA ----- Luzillian & Luzimeta 60/6 MPs ----- Luzibank 45/5 Enfo ----- Luztrader 32/3 Trader

Awesome post only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you are a paid player it would benificial if you raised your Psychological Modification and Sensory Improvement to at least 145 now instead of 66 so you can use the composite nano's which are extremely nice and cut down drastically on NCU costs for buffs.
    RK1 - Omni
    Vakasha - Fixer | Transmutant - Meta-Physicist | Friska - Trader | Eagleclaw - MA | Xytech - NT | a few other alts.

Quote Originally Posted by grndzero View Post
    Awesome post only thing I can think of off the top of my head is if you are a paid player it would benificial if you raised your Psychological Modification and Sensory Improvement to at least 145 now instead of 66 so you can use the composite nano's which are extremely nice and cut down drastically on NCU costs for buffs.
    While true, this is not particular to the engineer profession, and thus doesn't really belong in a guide for such.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    While true, this is not particular to the engineer profession, and thus doesn't really belong in a guide for such.
    Well he was the one that posted in this guide to stop building your Psychological Modification and Sensory Improvement at 66. I was just posting that going to 145 or at least 125 then just cast Psychological Modification and Sensory Improvement expertise to cast the composite nanos. With 2 of those composite nanos you are looking at getting a pet 2 more levels above your current pet, so I think it does belong in an engineer guide.
    RK1 - Omni
    Vakasha - Fixer | Transmutant - Meta-Physicist | Friska - Trader | Eagleclaw - MA | Xytech - NT | a few other alts.

You need to keep upping those skills anyway, for Extreme Prejudice, Masters Bidding, and Composite Tradeskills.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice in my engi build.

Right now I am something of a "cookie cutter" level 60 engi, I plan on making it to 220 in the long term, and my original idea was to play with my friends that are already 220 as a pistol engi mostly focused on PvM, but they keep insisting that I will want to eventually PvP when I'm up there, which I understand. They are encouraging me to avoid tradeskills as one of our friends is a maxed out tradeskilling Trader already, but I have been wondering about raising them only for the engi pistol.

First off, my friends know little about engineer. I have looked at the engineer pistol and it seems like it would be a fun "project" to work on as I level my engi over time. They insist that it is no good and that I'm wasting my time/IP by trying to get it.

Pretty much, is it worth it for me to invest in tradeskills only for the Engineer Pistol, or are they correct and is it a waste of effort because it's a poor 220 choice

Well for the powerleveling engi, the pistol is useless. But if you're leveling normally, it's quite good.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124430 x2

best for powerleveling engi
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=124430 x2

best for powerleveling engi
    Try this in APF sector 28.
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

Quote Originally Posted by vitalus View Post
    Right now I am something of a "cookie cutter" level 60 engi, I plan on making it to 220 in the long term, and my original idea was to play with my friends that are already 220 as a pistol engi mostly focused on PvM, but they keep insisting that I will want to eventually PvP when I'm up there, which I understand. They are encouraging me to avoid tradeskills as one of our friends is a maxed out tradeskilling Trader already, but I have been wondering about raising them only for the engi pistol.
    If you will want "to eventually PvP" at 220 what are you going to do all the levels between 60 and 219? If you stay on your PvM path for a while you will find out that your pet (=lvl 200 slayer) does much more damage than you and your lvl 100 dog when you are around lvl 100-130. Which means that you don't have to upgrade your engi pistol as soon as possible. Don't do serious tradeskilling before you reach lvl 150. You'll need your IPs to maximise MC/TS. You can always upgrade your pistol a little later provided that you found all the parts for it...

Take a look at chapter 12 in this guide. You will find a list of PvP weapons. Also take a look at the rest of the engineer forum. You will find complete end game setups of some people.

Note that you will need an awful lot of other items just to be able to wear all those symbiants, armor, and weapons. By the time you get there you will know better what type of play you prefer or like the most. You can always reset a few skills (or even all) at that level if you need more IPs for other skills.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast