Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Guide MkIII

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    Which of the mirrors would you suggest I link to?

I wasn't aware that there were a few mirrors for it. The one that I use is :

http://arcanum.aodevs.com/

Also :

8.4. NCU Upgrades

It should say 8.3 NCU Upgrades

Since I'm transfering the guide to AoU, I'm noticing errors. I hope that you don't mind that I post them here.
    Last edited by Tepamina; Feb 13th, 2007 at 20:24:42.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina View Post
    I wasn't aware that there were a few mirrors for it. The one that I use is :

http://arcanum.aodevs.com/

Also :

8.4. NCU Upgrades

It should say 8.3 NCU Upgrades

Since I'm transfering the guide to AoU, I'm noticing errors. I hope that you don't mind that I post them here.
    Oh, there are several mirrors.
    I appreciate any comments.
    Fixed.
    Last edited by muha; Feb 13th, 2007 at 20:39:22.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Maybe add a link to aots in the tradeskills section.

Maybe also a link to iMatrix in the implant section.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina View Post
    Maybe add a link to aots in the tradeskills section.

Maybe also a link to iMatrix in the implant section.
    Both of these sections need much serious rewrite, and when I do I'll probably just point to my own implant design guide, and to the tradeskill site list in our stickies.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Regarding Saboteur armor: the greek mobs in scheol drop it as well.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    Regarding Saboteur armor: the greek mobs in scheol drop it as well.
    Don't they drop it at high QLs only? I don't see saboteur as useful beyond a beginner armor.

Lowest I got was around ql150ish or so, most were over 200. I would agree that saboteur is no endgame armor, but it is good +hp and very easy to come by when you know where to look for it. I am not entirely sure, but I think even between tl5 and 6, when I had some merlin parts and tier pants, I used to have 1-2 saboteur parts in my equip. Boots and sleeves or so. Just for the +hp, so that I can take one more stray hit at hecks and in pen mishes if the tank sucks. I think I have been a heavy-duty armor-swapper back then already.
    I have recently lent a few high saboteur armor parts to an engie friend that wanted to help kill a few swamp hags and wanted extra HP to surive the nukes. And did not want to farm more ofab armor first. Crap armor, but it has its uses. Prolly not worth mentioning, tho.
    Last edited by Luuv; Feb 28th, 2007 at 14:26:06.
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*

You two already had this conversation about lowbie Sabouteur Armor.

Too bad they removed the postcounter.

Muha, would you be willing to grant permission for me to mirror this guide at AOwiki?

I would, of course, give credit to you and highorbit.

The stuff that they have one engineers is pathetic though.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Muha, would you be willing to grant permission for me to mirror this guide at AOwiki?

I would, of course, give credit to you and highorbit.

The stuff that they have one engineers is pathetic though.
    I have no problem with that. Just keep in mind it is work in progress and I keep replacing sections when I have time to write them.
    It is already mirrored in ao-universe btw, and in fact looks much better there But this is the original.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    I have no problem with that. Just keep in mind it is work in progress and I keep replacing sections when I have time to write them.
    It is already mirrored in ao-universe btw, and in fact looks much better there But this is the original.

For those that wanted to see the AO-Universe version, you can find it here

Thats fine. Redundency is good. There is more of a chance that newbies will run into it.

It should be noted that the section on resetting skills will need a slight re-write to reflect the fact that we can get more IPR, it just requires us to beat section 42, or by the next patch spend 50K vp or 250m.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Thats fine. Redundency is good. There is more of a chance that newbies will run into it.

It should be noted that the section on resetting skills will need a slight re-write to reflect the fact that we can get more IPR, it just requires us to beat section 42, or by the next patch spend 50K vp or 250m.
    Once either of those becomes available (either beating 42 becomes common, or the patch arrives), I'll re-write it.

Just a quick thought, but the mentions of the old PR timers should perhaps be updated to read 2hr instead of 24hr?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKali View Post
    Just a quick thought, but the mentions of the old PR timers should perhaps be updated to read 2hr instead of 24hr?
    Thanks, fixed

You need to add the new grenade gun to the end game grenade weapons section (no matter how ugly it is...)

You also need to remember to add the tradeskill weapons when you get around to writing the pvp section...

For epeen sake a section on buffing projectile and chem damage might be something to look into... tho at that point you know how to play and generally wont use this guide :P

Something to think about tho.. as always...

In terms of the pvp section...

It might be a good idea to include sections of each type of pvp...
    From tower wars, to tara, to BS...

As well as sub sections on... Shotgun users... REC... Pistol... Pistol / One Hander... Grenade / Rifle... etc

Imho you could have people that use those setups write them and give them to you to fit them in there... as we all know you dont pvp (much?)
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Good point about the new weapons, I'll add them.
    For damage buffs I would rather refer to the weapon guide in the stickies, but I'll also look at it.
    As for a PvP section I don't see myself as fit to write it as all I PvP is in BS, and that involves mainly easy kills. Alternity wrote me a skeleton of a section, and I'll put that in soon.

I added the long waited PvP section.
    As everyone knows I am not a major PvPer, so this is information I collected from the community. I will be very happy for input, just please don't make this into another PvP war.

Not much to add here really. Good job , in spirit of the original, information, not opinions.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast