Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Engineer Guide MkIII

For confirmation of QLs on the Sabotuer armor, I can tell you 100% for certain that it drops up to QL300. You can find the super high QL stuff off of the 255 incarnator Heckler Bosses. Specifically the one that drops turn spirits (Syros?), they even share the drop slot.

I own a full QL300 suit on RK2, it's teh sexeh!
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Muha,

You may wish to change the weapon section a bit to update the times, not only adding the AI weapons but revising HighOrbit's descriptions. Currently they suggest that Grenade weapons are for damage inclined engis and pistols are for tradeskillers. Not only is this not true, it glosses over the fact that the skill base needed to make pistols effective requires more of an IP investment.

You might also wish to add Spirit Shroud as a back item choice for end game.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    Muha,

You may wish to change the weapon section a bit to update the times, not only adding the AI weapons but revising HighOrbit's descriptions. Currently they suggest that Grenade weapons are for damage inclined engis and pistols are for tradeskillers. Not only is this not true, it glosses over the fact that the skill base needed to make pistols effective requires more of an IP investment.

You might also wish to add Spirit Shroud as a back item choice for end game.
    Redoing the weapon section, just like I redid the armor one, is in the to do list. My schedule now is extremly tight, so I don't know when I'll get to it.

Regarding Spirit Shroud, could you be more specific? In what way would you use Spirit Shroud?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Spirit Shroud is a very verstile tool for any engineer, though the AC or health mods are not sterling as something like overcoat, helper, or HNT. The Artillery shroud adds crit increase so it could be swapped in when you have a strong team and need to do more damage. The Control Version has a crit decrease of 2 and +20 dodges which can be helpful for soloing, and the +120 tutoring buff is helpful in keeping IP spent on tutoring down but still be able to use 200 tutoring devices. The Exterminator Version has a -2% nano cost mod which an be helpful in buffing. The Support is very valuable as it has not only a 1% xp mod (good for sking), a healing efficency mod (ok for bot heals) but it also has a +20 treatment mod which is double from the +10 mod on a 200 biomech cloak. The Infantry version I wasn't so impressed with. Since the shroud can be right clicked to cycle through all its versions you get this five in one tool.
    Last edited by Berael; Dec 13th, 2006 at 01:00:25.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

I know all that, and wasn't much impressed with any of it I'll add it as an all around nice item.
    AFAIK the healing efficiency does not effect bot heals. Hard to test for sure.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

The crit decrease is said to work wonders. With eremite macro sensor and shroud, you completely offset the natural 3% crit chance of most mobs, which is very nice for sure. Still, since most of the time an engie does not want to get hit at all... it has a much higher value for other professions. Nice to have, will surely pick it up if one drops in front of my feet, but I won't go out of may way and kill 1K scourges to get it for myself.
    Luuv lvl220/19/67 NM engie equip
    Spamheal lvl205/23 NM doc equip
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*
    And yes, I always edit my posts.

As a neutral engi, I don't have the option of using the chosen/faithful helper with its awesome +600 health so shroud becomes a very real option for me if I want bonuses since AC at 220 is not much of an issue with GoA and 300 combined.

I have completly rewrote the weapon section, as it seemed very out of date. I'm sure I didn't include all the weapon options, so feedback is most welcome.
    I also added Penultimate Ofab Engineer armor, and section 3.5 about pet runspeed.

Could you add the lovely turnspirit pistol to the weapons section? At least against bugs it does stupid damage, although the high multi-ranged requirements disqualify it from most setups. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be able to hotswap that to a peregrine6.
    You might not believe it possible, but not all my toons are in my signature! *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    Could you add the lovely turnspirit pistol to the weapons section? At least against bugs it does stupid damage, although the high multi-ranged requirements disqualify it from most setups. Sadly, I don't think I'll ever be able to hotswap that to a peregrine6.
    Added. Can you say where to find high ql materials to make one? I think sancrosanct/inamorta drops from all sided mobs, but where do turn spirits drop?

You can buy them in form of turnspirit flesh pouches form yutto manuals. And they drop from the heck bosses in inferno. Heard there are other mobs that drop it, dunno which, tho. Got mine from heckies. Lower QLs drop from ado dryads for example, have 2 backpacks of various turnspirits I found on the underwater dryad bosses.

Symbiants

I did a search through the thread for "Symb" & hardly see them mentioned.
    Last edited by Johael; Jan 21st, 2007 at 20:09:01. Reason: tried new search.

Quote Originally Posted by Johael View Post
    I did a search through the thread for "Symbiant" & don't see them mentioned at all.
    Good point, I'll add that to the TDL. We have quite a few links on where to find the symbs, but maybe I'll add what I think one should look for, and what are quite useless.

I found a few dead links / errors :

Dead links :

-Bio-Communicator

-Healing link

-The Beginner's guides (all of them)

Wrong links or wrong info

-"This list of Nanos are only available as outdoor boss loot".

This preceding link has nanos that can be found in shadowland gardens as well also.

-Pensive/watchful spirits

You can get the +100 versions. I have seen one, and I have a +90 version myself.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina View Post
    I found a few dead links / errors :

Dead links :

-Bio-Communicator

-Healing link

-The Beginner's guides (all of them)

Wrong links or wrong info

-"This list of Nanos are only available as outdoor boss loot".

This preceding link has nanos that can be found in shadowland gardens as well also.

-Pensive/watchful spirits

You can get the +100 versions. I have seen one, and I have a +90 version myself.
    Thanks for the input. I fixed all the errors except section 5.5.3 which needs to be redone, I'll do that soon.

I redid section 5.5.3 while waiting for the BS

about every link in chapter 12 seems to be broken (might also be in other chapters as it looks like the search.asp page from aodb.info is gone )

edit. hmm probably all links from aodb.info are dead (site looks like a giant advertisement)
    Last edited by orionat; Feb 12th, 2007 at 15:43:58.

Quote Originally Posted by orionat View Post
    about every link in chapter 12 seems to be broken (might also be in other chapters as it looks like the search.asp page from aodb.info is gone )

edit. hmm probably all links from aodb.info are dead (site looks like a giant advertisement)
    Thanks. aodb.info is now aomainframe.info, but I only updated this on chapters I rewrote. I'll go quickly over chapter 12 and fix it.

I also rewrote chapter 3 btw.

Edit: I went over the entire guide and fixed all references to aodb.
    Last edited by muha; Feb 12th, 2007 at 16:29:55.

You'll need to fix the anarchyarcanum links as well.
    AO Universe - Site Researcher - By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tepamina View Post
    You'll need to fix the anarchyarcanum links as well.
    Which of the mirrors would you suggest I link to?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast