Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for the rich...

heh

Tribule
    People who ask for small amount of money like 350 or assimilated because they just forgot to keep money for the scanning device... (happen to me once or twice, and it really is annoying). This can happen but not the "I want to make a new full set of implants, help me....".
    HEH. Its happend mee to ones and one time i was out of money to get any mission(level 15 or so). So what i did was hunting those grey monsters to get money to generate mission.

I think i was killing 15 monster at outside of NLC before i was money to generate one mission. (NewLackCity)

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

When are people really poor

I had recieved a tell from a person some time ago that told me he needed some money for an implant so i gave him around 1k credz. That person was around level 20.

When i gave him that money he said can't you give me more i need more than 1k of credz.

Well i said to him that is was the half of my credz i had that day than he said to me i have more credz than you i got 600k credz.

Well i ask you how do you know if the begger is really poor and not some person that like to get as much credz from as much begging as he can.

So i only give credz to people when i'm in for it or i buy the item for them so i know for real they don't use the credz to make them more rich.

Some thoughts...

I really want to ask one question from beggars:

Why do you play this game?

For me earning money and others stuff with HARD WORK is the reason, it makes this game so interesting! I have spent hours in Forums just the learn:

- What items should I Blitz / Sneak
    - What is the market price for each item
    - What services are needed
    - What was the best Guild for me (Silence Broken Rocks! =)

...etc.

My point is that if you get things too easy, you will loose your interest to this game.

That is why if I want to help Newbie Agents for example, I'll buy a 10ql rifle + 500 bullets and sell it to them with 7k (15k in shops) or do other things like this. It helps, but makes them also understand that they need to work for it.

* Vinfix - Tradeskillz & Friendly Smile *

My little army:

Atlantean: Vinfix - Winday - Moboca - Nodawn - Daicy

Rimor: Artzi - Bscar (both on long vacation)

When I started my agent, all I gave him was 3 rifles (I said 3 rifles, Gripos, highest was ql50 of course), yet he had a yalm by 45. Now let me describe the typical spoilt beggar brat scenario I encounter often:

whompah to NLC, the usualy lowbies sitting there:
    <dude in awful color-combo armor> "Hey can you spare some money?"
    check ID - lvl 11 neutral - "my people" I think, "I'll help him"
    <me>"Sure, here's 15k"
    <dude in awful color-combo armor>"WTF? I need a yalm man!"
    <me>"Say again?"
    <dude in awful color-combo armor>"I need a yalm by 20, I can't run to missions above that level, they're too far"
    <me> "lol"
    /ignore

Happens nearly once a day.

I do however wander about BYs often babysitting the casual newbie and if someone's totally clueless (ie replies with "?" to the casual borg or BS lag comment) I'd take them to a trip to the city, show them the shops, buy them some armor and nanos and give them some credits.

I remember when I started my first char and got it up to level 18 or so, I'd spend most of my time in BY healing lvl 1s and giving them all the loot I got in missions Until the day when this 120 NT lady showed up and gave me 300k after observing (in disbelief I must add) my actions for nearly 1 hour.
    I was on top of the world that day, rushed to a shop and bought a whole set of empty implants and installed them. Noticing they didn't modify a thing I guessed they were bugged.

So yes, I'll give you money if you're clueless and below 20 or so. I get mightly pissed when one of those 50ish MPs or agents come bug me for credits tho.

Go away.

btw

I found my yalma at level 55, and i still member the great feeling about that.

First time when i have money to bye yalma was near level 100 or so. (missions, mission, mission, mission....)

220 Dictator & Adept
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

(missions, mission, mission, mission....)
    I was sneaking ql75 Elite parts for nearly a week to buy my yalm

edit: spelling :P

Re: Question for the rich...

Originally posted by h3llr4z0r
    hey

Just because i am starting this thread doesnt mean i am a begger, but i want to get down to the bottom of this problem. The problem of not helping the poor economy.

Well, as in most games, there are the rich, and then the poor. The rich just keep making money , they have unlimited funds, while the poor just has a couple of credits and probably a crappy weapon.

Most poor people want to get very rich, and in AO buy a Yalm. But getting that money isn't easy. People do plenty of missions, try to level, and get as much money as they can. But its never enought for that next set of implants, its never enough for that new weapon, so what do they do next? they find the highest level they can and ask for some money...

This is the part i dont understand. Many people have Millions of credits. They have high level cahracters and the best items in the game. they have everything to keep all of their characters happy. So then that little poor newb comes skipping along, and goes "Hey, can u lend me some credits?" . And what does the mean old rich person say? They give them a big fat "NO", or to be nice sometimes a "Not at the moment ".

Well why can't you ever help the guy out? I know that everyone had to ask for a little money at one point. That is why i try to give the newb the money , doesnt have to be much but 10k can be alot to a low level.

All i am saying is to help the newbs out. Most of them dont go running from person to person, not everyone is a 'Begger'.

Those of us who started at release never begged and got to where we are without.

BTW

This was what i notes too when i play my lowbie MA.

I have all the money and staff what my MA just need at level 20 or so.

SO allways when i found nanos, kits and staff. I just allways going to tir/ft and look if there is any same lavels charapeters.

and just asking then do they need this nano what i just found at mission. and if they say yes, i relly need that i just giveit to them for free.

But soon i notest that so many of them say thanks.

so you get nano what you like/can use from other player...why you dont say even thanks? pyh.

220 Dictator & Adept
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--

the other day I gave away a two HoT QL60 boss loots to an aspiring fixer... I never mind giving away items... I get tired of being asked for cash though.

Way on back, this doc had real money problems. I was having to turn down most of the teaming request I received because I couldn't afford the nano rechargers that I'd need in the group. I had to switch to MA and do 0% missions to raise cash to buy rechargers (I was real bad at soloing back then). But I never begged for money.

Fortunately, some of my friends realized what was going on and made a point to give me some creds after teaming. That was extremely nice of them.

So I don't tend to give to beggers. I do try to keep an eye on the need of my lower level guild mates; and I do make a point of trying to give away items. It's annoying sometimes when you're running around trying to give away what you know to be a good item and can't find anyone to take it.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

beggers :(

Beggers = Lazy players

i was at a mission booth once running missions putting together a suit of armor to sell for money... i got 3 missions and b 4 i set out to do them a begger asks me for 20k... i said 'i dont have any extra money i can give him' ... he replied with something like 'damn rich greedy people' i was like 'If you wanna make money run missions to make money' and i told him how i was putting together a suit of ql 60 armor to sell... people buy full sets of armor... he didnt seem to care about doing missions to make money thoe.... so i go off and run the 3 missions for the armor and i return like 3 hours later to get 3 more missions... the same guy sends me the same tell like its a macro asking for money again... he sat there for 3 hours probley begging when he could of been out doing missions for money... plain laziness!!!!
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Cool

I think u have your community "lazies", as i call them, and then on the other hand u have the low lvl ppl who are struggling. It is up to the "Rubi-Ka Yuppsters'" to determine which is which. :-)

It is not hard to become ritch in AO without cheating... It all has to do with playtime.. The more you put in the more credits will roll in!
    Maximus "Immense" Meridius - Enforcer (Don) My Armor
    Sun "Firegoddess" Kaba - Super Sneak Agent
    "Gridarmor" - Grid Armor Wearin' Fixer
    STORM - Best of the best
    Creator of AO Character Lookup, click to download
    Damn it feels good to be a Gangster

when people ask for credits, i give them 1 credit and see if they say thank you, if they do i usally give em like 50k. hehe . (most of the time i think their just alts) the ones i hate are the ones asking for 1.5m because they want to buy a yalm . wtf! i remember when i was lv 30 or so and got 100k by some random person, happiest day of my life. so i dont mind helping out newbies. 50k to a lv170 is nothing compared to a lv 1, lol!!!
    Techno-Wizard

Cool Beggars

There was a very interesting discussion on this exact topic a few nights ago on RK2's OT leader channel. A lot of good points were made, but the general consensus seemed to be:

Higher level players, in general, aren't greedy, but they do dislike beggars..

For instance - if someone walks up to me and says "can i have sum credz plz" I'm probably going to come back with a sarcastic, and likely insulting remark. Too bad.

On the other hand, as any of my guild members or the dozens of newbies I have helped out in the past will tell you, I'm always willing to help a polite new player who is having trouble. I've given away MILLIONS of credits and dozens of items to help people out.. but not even a single credit to someone I did not know who asked me for money. I don't even like it when a friend asks for money unless it's a loan.

Just the same, I've passed out credits to dozens of new players in the Omni Backyards.. anywhere from 10k to 1 million each, depending on how generous I felt and how rich I was at the time.
    Last night I met a young agent in the Rompa bar who was dual wielding a Springfield Arms Home Defender and a Light Supressor. He was dressed in mismatched armor, and obviously new to the game. While we stood there talking, I asked my organization to see if they could find an appropriate rifle for the young man. Why did I take the time to help this new player? Because it was obvious that he was trying to make do with what he had found, rather than sitting around in town begging for credits so he could twink himself out.

Lots of people who have come to me for advice on how to play their character have walked away with a new gun, armor, credits, as well as the advice they originally asked for. I also freely dispense information to new players on how to make money on their own - what items sell well to other players, how to sneak a mission (for the agents out there), etc.

Just the same, anyone who asks for credits, in return for nothing, is going to get ignored or insulted.

/shrug

--Sandy

Beggers in game:

They are annoying because they like to talk to you for 3 hours about how they need money for this and that. They are annoying because they ask ANYONE. Some ask my lvl 23, my lvl 42, and my lvl 94. Tip: we are all broke until we are way over 100(at least I'm still dead broke) so dont ask us. Tip: Dont just ask for money, ask if you could do some errands for extra cash. Humans are way too competitive to just give away hard earned cash unless...it wasnt hard earned or you just have a ton of it.

Beggers in rl:

They are annoying because they DONT talk. They are annoying because they have more cash on them than I do yet they still think I should give them mine. They are annoying because the average begger makes over 60k a year (from a study). Tip: do what I do; starve.

Just had some enforcer ask my little one credits yesterday, I mean level 15 or something begging money from level 20 to buy armour? I told him he can get money by doing missions just like everyone else and he did /flip. Made me laugh and I was glad I don't give money to beggars.

This is the first game I have played

in which starting money was not a problem.

I have never not had enough to buy ammo.
    I have never not had enough to buy med supplies.
    I have never not had enough to upgrade weapons, or implants. No. I can't afford a yalm yet but that isn't a basic need.

You need to stop buying all those flashy clothes for your toon. Sure she looks good, but really, you need to save your creds for important things like tips for that nice fellow that buffed your AGI so you could equip that uber rifle.

Re: This is the first game I have played

Originally posted by JoeAverage
    You need to stop buying all those flashy clothes for your toon. Sure she looks good, but really, you need to save your creds for important things like tips for that nice fellow that buffed your AGI so you could equip that uber rifle.
    Well that's exactly me... tregularly going on shopping sprees here and there. But then I'll quote Lilnymph on this: "Style over substance"

I've met a beggar again in Rome yesterday. As usual I was running through the town, and didn't realized at first what he was saying (some people need to spel better if they want me to understand, eh). But then I was already in Rome Red, and it was too late to go back, wasn't it? /sarcasm off

I really like my runbuffs
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

WHat I do is wait to see how they respond to my saying no. I met someone in Omni - T and he asks me for some credits, I say there's a lot of ways to make money on Rubi Ka, and he says Ya i know.. I just need a tiny bit to finish a project and dont have time. so I say sorry.. and start to walk away...

This is what I listen for now, what he does after I walk away..

After Im about 5 feet away, he shouts, this is insane I am never gonna get money at this level !!!

Now I remember being frustrated at his level, and I turn around and drop him 500,000.

Made his night that's for sure and thats what the gAME is about, aure you wanna teach the player how to do for himself, but you gotta use your good disgression to know which lesson to teach ^_^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast