Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Clans, Aliens and The Sixth Directive

Of course you know if there were no armed rebels running around RK (clans), then there would be no need for Omni to occupy neutral towns~
    The ICC would be left to insure peacefull neutral interests and Omni would ignore us neutrals except to do business. Eliminate all clans and problem solved. Frankly I don't see how those savage barbarians are allowed shuttle access to RK. It is like inviting terrorists to come bomb your cities and disrupt your mining operations.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You know, if it wasn't for the clans there would be no such thing as "Nuetral" on Ka. you'd just be another mindless employee.

I'm sure those miners that revolted, sacrificed their lives, and fought tooth and nail for your freedom (The freedom to call the clans terrorists in a public feed) would say "you're welcome" too.

ICC is not some police force who will jump to the rescue of some 'neutral' people. It is Interstellar Confederation of Corporations. Only reason they are here is to stop the conflict between Omni-Tek and the clans to escalate, thus endangering the supply of notum and disturb the interstellar markets.

The only entity on this planet who actually have honest concern of the welfare of the neutrals is Omni-Tek.

Even if other corporations use ICC to place restrictions on the lawful lease given to Omni-Tek originally, Omni-Tek still remains understanding of the small group of neutral people. The latest example has been the cooperative efforts made in the city of Borealis.

It would be foolish to try the patience of Omni-Tek however. It will be easy to lump neutrals with the clans if they keep abusing the liberties granted by Omni-Tek. Keep in mind Omni-Tek has the resources to end the little conflict with the clans in a couple of weeks.

I am told this would spark new Corporate Wars, but I am fully confident Omni-Tek would win.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    You know, if it wasn't for the clans there would be no such thing as "Nuetral" on Ka. you'd just be another mindless employee.

I'm sure those miners that revolted, sacrificed their lives, and fought tooth and nail for your freedom (The freedom to call the clans terrorists in a public feed) would say "you're welcome" too.

ICC was here first before Clans. Clan was not directly responsible for the neutral population, but the conflict we are all a part of has had HUGE influence.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Of course you know if there were no armed rebels running around RK (clans), then there would be no need for Omni to occupy neutral towns~
    The ICC would be left to insure peacefull neutral interests and Omni would ignore us neutrals except to do business. Eliminate all clans and problem solved. Frankly I don't see how those savage barbarians are allowed shuttle access to RK. It is like inviting terrorists to come bomb your cities and disrupt your mining operations.
    Of course you know if there is no such thing as a corrupt company running around meddling in everyone's lifes saying its for the betterment of humanity and enlightenment around RK (OT), then there would be no need to have clans in place to make sure that everyone has a choice to lead their lives the way they like. The ICC's JOB is to ensure ensure the security of Neutrality, not Omni-tek. If ICC is showing favouritism for The Unicorns to come do their own job for them, then what does this say for Neutrals? Eliminate the corrupt heirarchy that is in place, and the problem is solved. Frankly, I dont see how ICC has represented itself in such a way to be 'Neutral' at all, but as a ruse for keeping the peace, but clearly favours OT over their own people. Government exists for and due to its governed, not the other way around. It is like putting someone in power, because youre too lazy to think for yourself.

... and lets be honest here. Neutrals have less than clans do. If anything I pity neutrals. Contrary to popular belief, every two bit terrorist with a gun, the will, and some opportunity, isn't a clan member.

I really laugh at people who are extremist in saying that any one particular faction must entirely be eradicated in order to ensure peace and equality. That's genocide, and not reason. Seems that some people think that there is no such thing as honest folk anymore.

*shakes head*
    ....Disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Virta View Post
    ICC is not some police force who will jump to the rescue of some 'neutral' people. It is Interstellar Confederation of Corporations. Only reason they are here is to stop the conflict between Omni-Tek and the clans to escalate, thus endangering the supply of notum and disturb the interstellar markets.
    On the contrary, it is a matter of public record what the ICC's job is. And I will tell you that in order for the ICC to hold any sort of sway, then they must be neutral. They must protect the interests of all companies, including neutral ones. They may have more representation in the structure of higher profit companies, but they still must remain consistant or they loose their credibility.

The only entity on this planet who actually have honest concern of the welfare of the neutrals is Omni-Tek.
    Yeah, because they truly truly care about the 15th of the population that corners NO markets, brokers no major deals, cares only for themselves, and competes dead last in every aspect. Yup.. caring is sharing.

On the other hand, what have the Neutrals done for Clan or OT? Checking my history book, I find nothing. I see the ICC doing things, but the neutral political movement proper, has done nothing on the scope that can be considered amnesty for anyone aside from giving them anonymity in a neutral population. OT nor Clan owes Neutrals anything. Youre taking scraps from OT's kiddy table, and you think they care? lol. ...wow.

It would be foolish to try the patience of Omni-Tek however. It will be easy to lump neutrals with the clans if they keep abusing the liberties granted by Omni-Tek. Keep in mind Omni-Tek has the resources to end the little conflict with the clans in a couple of weeks.
    I am told this would spark new Corporate Wars, but I am fully confident Omni-Tek would win.
    I cant help but totally boggle at this last statement. "...keep abusing the liberties granted by Omni-Tek" Omni-Tek doesn't give a leet's @$$ about anyone, but its own self interests. OT cant give anyone anything but the illusion of security. Anyone outside of the OT regime has claimed and defended independance, including neutrals which is respected politically, and has signed documentation stating so. Not by the grace of OT was this ever accomplished. Clans and Neutrals rallied and fly their own banners, and earned their place.

If you go back and read them, OT contracts clearly state that any immigrant or natural born citizen on Rubi-ka is neutral and then given the right to rise up. To break your contract with OT, is a personal decision, and punishable by death whenever we are sighted in OT territory. The liberties you enjoy are an illusion propagated by the brainwashing of Omni from the INCEPTION. I wont lie to you and tell you its all crimson and clover to be a Clan member. In fact, I dont recommend that sorta life to a Neutral. In the grand scheme of things, you're safer where you are, sorta... *chuckle* But to live that, to me, is a lie. And I refuse to deal in lies. As a personal merit, people have the ability to make a choice for themselves, that is endowed by the natural way of things. Not some silly contract that says "Work and live for us or be killed".

Anyone who believes that bulls@#t, and tries to harm the liberties I earned through my own hard work and sacrifice, yes... it will be fought against.. and violently..

Freedom baby. Its all about freedom.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 13th, 2006 at 16:59:58.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

... And it is in their STRONG INTEREST, as corporations, that the neutral population is NOT under omni-tek control, but independent.

Wait, are you actually attempting to justify yourself with a "tough love" approach ? Like in those inane talk shows where they send their kids to boot camp ?

We fought for everything we own. We started with nothing and fought for all we have. Of course, me, I have no fear of getting back to our trash-scouring , old school ways.

I'm also told that a lot of people like the jobe portal to the shadowlands. Imagine if it ever got shutdown huh ? Yeah..... don't thread on us, you don't want to go to the bottom of this fight.

Even if other corporations use ICC to place restrictions on the lawful lease given to Omni-Tek originally, Omni-Tek still remains understanding of the small group of neutral people. The latest example has been the cooperative efforts made in the city of Borealis.
    oohhh... COOPERATIVE effort huh ?

Let's see...
    Omnitek trooper : WE are taking over Borealis.
    Random neutral : Hell no you aren't. This place is ours.
    Omnitek trooper : *fling* *burst* *Full auto*
    Random neutral : *dies*
    Omnitek trooper : Thank you for your cooperation, and have a safe, productive day.

oh, let's see what happens with the D6 people.
    D6 trooper : We are doing an operation inside the omnitek Borealis territory.
    Random neutral : Borealis is neutral, for one, and what the hell do you want ?
    D6 trooper : LOOK ! Clanners are everywhere! They must no interfere! *fling* *burst* *Full auto*
    Random neutral : I'm not a cla...*dies*
    D6 trooper : Thank you for your cooperation, and now we'll call a massive alien attack on your city, because we care.

hahahahahahahha... cmon, I DARE you. This is generally known as " talking out of your ass" and frankly, i would love to see you actually try it.

And this is why you're not the one taking the decision buddy. You would lose this battle.
    Last edited by Jujuwalker; Oct 11th, 2006 at 18:09:43. Reason: forgot to add something...
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post
    oohhh... COOPERATIVE effort huh ?

Let's see...
    Omnitek trooper : WE are taking over Borealis.
    Random neutral : Hell no you aren't. This place is ours.
    Omnitek trooper : *fling* *burst* *Full auto*
    Random neutral : *dies*
    Omnitek trooper : Thank you for your cooperation, and have a safe, productive day.

oh, let's see what happens with the D6 people.
    D6 trooper : We are doing an operation inside the omnitek Borealis territory.
    Random neutral : Borealis is neutral, for one, and what the hell do you want ?
    D6 trooper : LOOK ! Clanners are everywhere! They must no interfere! *fling* *burst* *Full auto*
    Random neutral : I'm not a cla...*dies*
    D6 trooper : Thank you for your cooperation, and now we'll call a massive alien attack on your city, because we care.
    Haahhahahahaha! That so made my day Juju! Thank you!
    A shame it's actually true too...
    Kaylee "Sary" Lykin - Fixer
    "Syree" - Shade
    Member of The Mockers

Quote Originally Posted by Sary View Post
    Haahhahahahaha! That so made my day Juju! Thank you!
    A shame it's actually true too...
    I'm no black joker for nothin' Sary.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

LOL JuJu~

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    ICC was here first before Clans.
    ICC came in when certain miners, and employeses begain to strike, and cause riots

http://community.anarchyonline.com/c...timeline/?s=80

Miners which later called themselves "clan"

Clan was not directly responsible for the neutral population, but the conflict we are all a part of has had HUGE influence.
    True, however if there were no clanners then there would never be a conflict. Thusly no Nuets.

Nuets are a product of the conflict.

Take note of July 4 29223. That was a product of the first Rubi-ka civil war. Nuest didn't exist on Ka. feel free to look back. (FYI the ICC mentioned is based on earth. ICC is not on planet)
    http://community.anarchyonline.com/c...imeline/?s=100

Here is the biggie most get confused on:

"29250

The first "neutrals" appear when Omni-Tek employees - as well as clan members - abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones. Fearing more ICC interventions, OT authorities turn a blind eye to these neutrals. "
    Last edited by Kotts; Oct 12th, 2006 at 02:13:46.

... The ICC's JOB is to ensure ensure the security of Neutrality, not Omni-tek. If ICC is showing favouritism for The Unicorns to come do their own job for them, then what does this say for Neutrals? Eliminate the corrupt heirarchy that is in place, and the problem is solved. Frankly, I dont see how ICC has represented itself in such a way to be 'Neutral' at all, but as a ruse for keeping the peace, but clearly favours OT over their own people. Government exists for and due to its governed, not the other way around. It is like putting someone in power, because youre too lazy to think for yourself.

...On the contrary, it is a matter of public record what the ICC's job is. And I will tell you that in order for the ICC to hold any sort of sway, then they must be neutral. They must protect the interests of all companies, including neutral ones. They may have more representation in the structure of higher profit companies, but they still must remain consistant or they loose their credibility.
    You are misinformed. Neutrals have no representation in ICC. None. I dont think couple of second hand shops and a cafe will generate enough income to fulfill the requirements for the membership of ICC, not to mention the money required for the membership fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker View Post

And this is why you're not the one taking the decision buddy. You would lose this battle.
    Perhaps more likely outcome is an eventual truce. Either way, the clans (and neutrals if you prefer) would no longer exist.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Until recently the ICC sent peacekeepers to make sure that the neutrals rights are respected.

I say until recently because they are turning their back when they have to do something. First in Tir and now in Borealis where they're even selling us to Omni Tek (who only care about Omni Tek).
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

There isn't any selling out at all. the ICC was in Bori cause ya'll had no guards aside from yourselves. -On Rubi-Ka- Omni Tek has athority over ICC. Which means they say jump and ICC has to do so.

Off Ka however is completely different. ICC is over every single hyper corperation.

Only reason Omni has to tred lightly around the ICC, is cause the last time they barged in shooting non-omni personal there was a bad public outcry (customers). The massacures that made it to the public news were bad for business.

Don't fool youselves into thinking the ICC gives a rat's ass about any of us. As long as notum is gettign shipped out and the other companies are makeing money they don't care.

Now. we are getting way off topic here.

You are misinformed. Neutrals have no representation in ICC. None. I dont think couple of second hand shops and a cafe will generate enough income to fulfill the requirements for the membership of ICC, not to mention the money required for the membership fees.
    Youre reading what im saying, but making assumptions that is what i meant. The neutral faction has no representation in the ICC, yes. However, the ICC must still remain impartial and therefore neutral. Not neutral as a faction, but remain in their neutrality.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

True, however if there were no clanners then there would never be a conflict. Thusly no Nuets.
    I am not sure what school they teach that in these days, but this is what i know from the way the world works beyond the classroom.

Polarity happens on its own. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Unofficially, the revolution grew inside OT way before the concept of the 'Clans'. It just wasn't coined till later, when it came down to guns firing at people trying to feed their families.

Read up on your history. Civil disobedience doesnt just sprout up overnight calling itself whatever it feels like. It builds up over time. Officially you can say whatever you like, and back it up with whatever hardcopy you have at the moment (Which revisionist history tends to favour the victor). But I can tell you with all honesty.. OT has been rubbing people wrong for a long long long time.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

You know what, the company store policy sucks. Omni sucks for it. But thats what the game monopoly is all about. If I own all the streets and have hotels you gotta pay to play period.

The clans suck worse, instead of fighting the oppressive OT which was the reason for their inception. They attack neutral parties who don't want to have anything to do with the conflict. The clan leadership and certain factions make it a point to make life miserable on RK for ANYONE who doesn't share their views.

At least OT leaves us alone for the most part. Maybe they are just the lesser of two evils. At least as far as neutrals are concearned. Perhaps if the clans had not taken that stance toward neutrals they might have more support from neutrals.

If it were up to me i'd re-invite Loren Warr and his mercs back to NL. So I guess its a good thing i'm not on the NL city council.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Read up on your history. Civil disobedience doesnt just sprout up overnight calling itself whatever it feels like. It builds up over time. Officially you can say whatever you like, and back it up with whatever hardcopy you have at the moment (Which revisionist history tends to favour the victor). But I can tell you with all honesty.. OT has been rubbing people wrong for a long long long time.
    pretty much comes down to who has the balls to do something about it and speak up unify themselves (which coming from a clanner, I know, is irony all in it's own) , and who just hides in the corner and doesn't pick a side.

Perhaps more likely outcome is an eventual truce. Either way, the clans (and neutrals if you prefer) would no longer exist.
    And neither would Omni-tek and their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    You know what, the company store policy sucks. Omni sucks for it. But thats what the game monopoly is all about. If I own all the streets and have hotels you gotta pay to play period.

The clans suck worse, instead of fighting the oppressive OT which was the reason for their inception. They attack neutral parties who don't want to have anything to do with the conflict. The clan leadership and certain factions make it a point to make life miserable on RK for ANYONE who doesn't share their views.

At least OT leaves us alone for the most part. Maybe they are just the lesser of two evils. At least as far as neutrals are concearned. Perhaps if the clans had not taken that stance toward neutrals they might have more support from neutrals.

If it were up to me i'd re-invite Loren Warr and his mercs back to NL. So I guess its a good thing i'm not on the NL city council.
    Company store policy sucks but OT doesn't own everything that is Rubi-ka, the second they acknowledged 'Clan' and 'Neutrals' as a political entity, that made us all competition(and in so being, established a pecking order). That defeats the monopoly while each faction has a demand. In essence, what you just said is that OT even owns Tarasque. Which I find hilarious, and im sure Tarasque would agree. I dont buy your 'life is a game' BS. Whatever floats your own boat, go be happy with on your own time. My life consists of conflict, tragedy, work hours, people management, feeding children, and my own health and recreation. You are incapable of proving it to the contrary.

Btw, just so you know.. Clan leadership keeps track of Neutral Organizations that sleep with Clan enemies, and which ones don't. If you saw the list, you'd be pretty amazed at how many have already sided with OT just for kicks or personal reasons, and have joined battles with clan on their own merit.

And while officially, OT has no real stance on Neutrals as a whole, OT lobbies certain Neutrals who have an incredible reputation for joining OT ranks and helping defend OT interests. Of course, these were obviously neutrals that were worth a damn. =) And I will tell you from personal experience: If you are good at what you do, someone will always find a use for you. Manpower is the second most precious resource on RK, and its a very very close second. (although arguable, in my own eyes.. I see it as a first.)

pretty much comes down to who has the balls to do something about it and speak up unify themselves (which coming from a clanner, I know, is irony all in it's own) , and who just hides in the corner and doesn't pick a side.
    Indeed. QFT.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Oct 13th, 2006 at 17:15:15.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast