Thread: New Nano programer looking for info...

New Nano programer looking for info...

Starting an alt to make implans but I currently know nothing about implants aka requirements to wear, make, etc. I am looking for a comprehensive website that explains the entire process from the ground up. Also, is the instrument found in the fixer store to remove implants fully functional? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Wombat~RK2

The Implant Disassembly Unit works as it is supposed to regarding stripping implants.

Process requires (as far as I know of): break & entry, computer lit. and nano programming.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

Requirements to wear
    Treatment required = (4.72 * QL of the implant) + 5.28
    Round-up, and you'll be there. A point or two short at most.

Stat required = (2 * QL of the implant) + 4
    This is exact.

Requirements to make
    You'll need the following:-

1) Implant of the desired QL
    2) The desired clusters
    3) Nano programming skill

For the clusters, the QL of the clusters can be below the QL of the implant, about 15% below. If you want to check, buy an implant, get QL 1 (or really low) Shining, Bright and Faded clusters that will fit in that implant, and try to combine them. I'm not sure if the requirements are different for Shining/Bright/Faded, but generally, 15% below the QL of the implant is about as low as you can go for the clusters.

For skill, you'll need at most a skill level equal to 5 times the QL of the implant. I say at most for a couple of reasons. Firstly, different clusters need different levels of skill. The most demanding are max life/nano clusters, which require a skill of 5*QL. Secondly, if you install a cluster above the implant's QL, you can raise the QL of the implant slightly, but the skill required to make it will default to that of the implant's QL. So, if you're making QL 50 implants, a fully buffed NP skill of 250 will be enough. Be aware, though, that it is possible to raise the QL through a very high NP skill, and that the requirements to actually equip the implant will be based on the final QL. So if you plan for a particular QL and raise it while making it, you may not be able to wear the final implant.

Nano Nanny
    A very useful tool. Lets you plan out your implants so that you don't waste time and money experimenting. Will also give you treatment required to implant, which stat and how much of that stat is required to implant, the NP skill required to make, and also what bonuses the implants will give you. You can select a series of skills and have it auto-assign clusters for you, to save some time. Whole host of things it can do.

You can download it here. Full credit to The Mockers, where I got that link from.

I think that's about everything. If you have any more questions, just ask.

Question Quality question...

I know that if the quality of the NC is higher than the empty implant, when combined, NC quality will drop so the final implant will be equal to that of the original, empty implant. However, what happens if the quality of the NC is -lower- than that of the target implant? Will they combine and if so what will the quality of the final implant be?

Also, what determines the secondary skill required to equip the implant? Is it the highest nano cluster in the implant or is it the last implant inserted?

Thanks for all the information, it's much appreciated =)

Re: Quality question...

Originally posted by KhanAlf
    I know that if the quality of the NC is higher than the empty implant, when combined, NC quality will drop so the final implant will be equal to that of the original, empty implant. However, what happens if the quality of the NC is -lower- than that of the target implant? Will they combine and if so what will the quality of the final implant be?
    If you install an NC of higher quality than the implant, the NC will drop, yes, but it's likely that the QL of the implant will raise slightly. No more than 1 QL per NC, from what I've seen, but it's there. You can also raise the QL of the final implant just from having a high level of NP skill.

If you try to install a lower quality NC, then whether or not it will combine depends on just how low the NC is. If you want to find out exactly how low you can go, get a really low level cluster (sub-level 10) that will fit into the implant, and try to install it. It'll tell you how high the cluster needs to be. If you install a cluster above that level, but below the implant's level, then yes, they will combine. The quality of the final implant will be the quality of the original basic implant. Again, if you have a really high level of skill, it might even be a point higher.

Also, what determines the secondary skill required to equip the implant? Is it the highest nano cluster in the implant or is it the last implant inserted?

Thanks for all the information, it's much appreciated =)
    That, I'm not sure. It's the combination, I believe, but how it works I don't know. Nano Nanny will tell you, or Auno's antiguardians site has an implant designer available, under the "Tools" link.

For the record, the disassembler sold in the fixer store is not fully functional... as is.

You need to tradeskill it into a finished Implant Disassembly Clinic. Then it works.

Reqs to make are, IIRC, EE and CL.

Reqs to use are: high B&E (4.75*QL of implant), ?fixer? (not sure about that part)
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

reqs to use it are 4.5Xql

There is no prof limitation on using it on implants however only fixers can wear them and get the cheap treatment and first aid binuses.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix