Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for Info: New and Old Enforcer Bugs

Request for Info: New and Old Enforcer Bugs

I just went and tested all the bugs on the list on test and tidied up the list. To the best of my knowledge there are no other true "Bugs" than those three but if anyone finds any more bugs please leave the info here and I'll be sure to test them and get them reported to eponyx.

On a side note, to clear this up once and for all, Ragebringer does not seem to be bugged. Testing it on a bughunter with 25K NR (which is a lot more than any mob ingame) the bughunter saw the proc the right number of times and got zero "kyai forced your NCU to run Ragebringer, you countered the nanoprogram" messages. So unless anyone has any bright ideas as to any further testing that needs to be done I personally think this is cased closed.

On a positive note, it seems the bug of procs triggering damage/reflect shields has been fixed too.

So, please submit any bugs here. Please do not sumbit concerns. Things like the lack of infantry brains from 180-280 are concerns (important concerns), but they are not bugs. If the brain existed but was unequippable or didn't drop, that would be a bug

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

It seems I deleted the log..

But once in a while cocoon seems to forget to absorb some kinds of damage. I had the "Succesfully performed Bio Cocoon" and "Hit by xxx amount of radiation damage" right after!

Its VERY hard to test and it might be something with lag because it seemed the rest got absorbed like normal (I think.. didnt recheck the log).

Also when the Tank absorb runs and you hit cocoon.. cocoon doesnt work. Maybe its good to let a 10k absorb overwrite a 2k absorb
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

OK, that's a big issue. THe problem is, without more detailed feedback on when it happens it's next to impossible for the bughunters to pin down. If people will feed more info back hopefully I can replicate this with eponyx on test and get it fixed, as it stands though a report of "cocoon sometimes doesn't work as intended" isn't going to get us very far

As for stacking orders, yeah that's an odd one. I'll put that in the buglist now.

Enjoying RK4

What about taunts landing/sight line bugs? IE doorways in missions, alien ships etc.

The bug can be really annoying when I'm chasing mobs back and forth across doorways to mongo or watching docs die in alien ships because of invisible geometry blocking the taunts.

Again, this is another know bug, but one that's incredibly hard to quantify. I'm working on ways to actively demonstrate this on test so that the devs can get some solid feedback, but again just writing "Sometimes there seem to be issues with mongo not working right in enclosed spaces" is just too vague for the bughunters to do anything productive with, and will ultimately get written off or overlooked. As I say though, I'm trying to figure ways I can replicate and demonstrate this on test, without someone else trying to replicate it off written instructions.

You have to bear in mind that the bughunters are mostly volunteers and not all of them have played every profession to 220 on a live server. This means for bugs like the mongo one, which are highly elusive and only show up as impressions over months of levelling a toon, may be hard for them to reproduce and test. Part of the point of having professionals is having people who know their profession inside out and can explain and demonstrate bugs like this to funcom, which is what I'm trying to do, when I have spare time

Enjoying RK4

The doorway taunt problem should be reproduceable.

Yea, that's got something to do with the partial-zones (or whatever it's called), it's also why you get door lag, and those occasional black/grey walls where a nice open hallway should be. That one's easier to pin down than the general issuses in confined spaces.

Enjoying RK4

Looks real good, Kyai.
    Akarah, Akarawr, Badunkadunk, Betresh, Donnar, Fivehands,
    Flugtag, Fral, Frieka, Geffy, Gefjun, Gefster, Gefz, Molebat...
    and a few more...

Advisor of Synergy Factor

Would the perk Cause of Anger using MC as attack skill count as a bug? I'm guessing it's supposed to use AMS as attack skill, just like the perk before it in the line.
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

I'm working on trying to find that out, but the people at FC are being very cagey

However, by comparison to some of the other profession AI lines I'm inclined to think it's an intentional move If I expected a change I'd anticipate a change to brawl as an attack skill would be more likely, and appropriate.

(check the attack skills on the various perks in Made for instance)
    Last edited by Kyai; Sep 20th, 2006 at 11:27:58.

Enjoying RK4

Bug with SL essence?

Can't really see the logic in SL essence being cancelled when you re-log? Mildly annoying to have to recast it if you restart the client because of a graphics bug or crash. Any especially annoying if you re-enter the game pvp enabled with no essence and are attacked before you have time to recast. Relogging isn't zoning, but I assume it uses the same code?

Thanks, dunno why I forgot that one myself. Added it to the list .

Enjoying RK4

Hammer and anvil perk special from Bone crusher(2HB) perkline still not greying out.
    It's an old bug, you you DID say new and old bugs, so there...
    Last edited by skybert; Sep 24th, 2006 at 13:29:00.

That one's already on the list

Enjoying RK4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    That one's already on the list
    Doh! You're right.

Sorry.

I found two not listed:

Rampage of the Berserker has the same skill requirements as its lesser version, Edge of Diamond.

Also, Sanguisugent Pants buffs 2-handed Edge twice and doesn't buff 1-handed Blunt at all. The rest of the pieces are fine, however.
    Rimor:Berrenta 220/19 adv|Sudayxis 135/8 MP|Rubyfire 15/2 sold|Shadowberren 73/6 agent
    Ashlotte 102/5 keeper|Yetashan 54/1 MA|Rubiam 35/2 NT|Kumatora 40/2 trader
    Atlantean: Maledia 120/5 doctor|Shawaina 30/2 enf|Shellfury 13/1 sold

Proud member of Core (Rimor) and Hands of Fate (Atlantean)
    Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    There is no IRL. There is only active in game, AFK & extended AFK.

Thanks for those

Enjoying RK4

i dont know call me newb or whatever but i have noticed over the past few patches my taunts not being as effective.

i use manners of mongo (perked to 6) with psychology at 1300

and umm arouse anger and cause of anger (perked at 6)

when fighting a high dmg mob like say a 250 erov kuir (or whatever) i will shoot off those 4 taunt perks and lay the smackdown and i will also have rage bringer running, but for some strange reason the dd shade (in this example) still can steal aggro. now dont get all, lol shades always steal agg11lol1, because with those 4 perks+dd i sohuld have produced like 100k or so in taunt power WITHOUT mongo, compared to the shades dd taunt power of about 60-70k. either taunts are not as effective or they aren't landing correctly, or there may be some kind of interference when a player casts something on the mob.

from personal experience in the 16.0 days i could just use MoM perks and hold agg from shades and every other char, and yes i asked them if they were going all out. now i find myself having to spam mongo plus all my taunts and dd just to keep agg off of a soldier (which wasn't a problem before).

the main thing that is different in the times i have given is that back then i was
    2he and did 2200ish per hit (same setup and everything for both instances) and i am 1hb now and do about 1945 per hit. either players have become much better, or i am sucking badly.

but in retrospect i have noticed a difference in taunt power or the effectiveness of taunts.

edit: currently i lose agg about half way through or a little bit after half with just the 4 taunts and dd.
    Last edited by Rubyzero; Nov 24th, 2006 at 21:48:58.

That's odd, and I can't see that it's the change to 1hb that's causing it, because that evens out with 2he damagewise.

I'll try and look into it.

Enjoying RK4

After LE, 3k AR even if you aren't using challenger is likely to happen in a whole lot of teams when you tank, this makes the issue about arouse anger not working more pressing. Once you get above 3000 skill it reverts to the first template, aka having 3200 AR is equal to having 200 AR. This makes it taunt for almost nothing.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast