Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Please Read an Exploit Revealed

Angry n00bs!!!

I never seen so many crybaby n00bies.

Look me in up the database: Kenidy or Isgrimnur. First agent was born over a year ago, you can say old skool. You guys have it SO easy now you have NO CLUE what it was like a year ago. EVERYONE was wearing crap armor. Mobs in missions gave crap xp and had ACs that would make most of you pee in your wee pants. Most omni's lvl'd at the various camps in PM until a few people caught onto the meds/aces in EFP, from there it just got easier and easier.

This bug is nothing. And I absolutely mean nothing. ANY high lvl char can "powerlvl" a n00b fast through various ways, and I will show you some examples:

I can put a healing pet on the noob and let them do 75% or 100% missions. Any buff that makes it easy as pie for them can be done. A year ago NO ONE had these buffs, now just hang around trade grid and beg some enf or doc for a hp buff or damage shield etc.

With my adventurer I can heal them in 100% missions and give them a good damage shield+morphs so they can lvl faster.

Want to talk fast lvling? When my adventurer was a noob i had enough NCU to get rrfe and 91 damage shield, I just kept those 2 buffs and would run around the mission and let the mobs fall from the damage. Sure I didn't get 60lvls in a day, but heck back then we got 1 token per mission and I wanted my 250 board so I just solo'd small missions as fast as I could.

This "exploit" you are all talking about only works till lvl 50 or so from what I am told, and it sounds just as boring as any of the other ways to power up a twink.

Oh not all n00bs are twinks, damn straight. n00bs are whiners and twinks are secondary chars of experienced players. A lvl 60 char making a second char doesnt count imo.

Oh and talking about n00bs not knowing how to team, most people these days don't. About 90% of the lvl 100-165 don't know how to do real xping/grouping. (10mins to sort out crap boss loot or the lvl 140 picking the xp mission instead of the 175 guy...wtf n00bs!)

Sorry to flame those who need it, but this thread is the most outrageou POS I just couldn't pass by without saying anything.

Complain about duped credits if you must, I agree that is a game breaker. Not being able to buy anything cause I don't have 500mil isnt fun, but DONT complain about the few who lvl up a char in a couple hours, as you have no idea how easy it is upto lvl 100. Compared to a year ago 100-200 is a piece of cake. Dont complain about people who ran missions for xp. You again have NO idea how it was the only feasible way to do it, and within the game mechanics.

Lastly, want to see who got 1-200 in about 2mths it was Chunleee. It is really possible now with TIME and finding good groups. If your in a guild that has lots of people on so you can group 16hrs a day, you could get to 150 in a week or so.

Stop the jealousy. Play the game YOUR way.

And pls no n00bs /tell me asking me to power you up, I have one reaction for dumbies and beggers and that is /ignore

Hee hee it was Kiky that got to lvl 200 first (A clan MA (some claim that it was Barbee or w00t ever her name was), just 1 month after game realise. They got mills of xp much faster then anyone can today just by running missions for xp reward. Pepol who are fighting there way up lvl 150-200 thinks its kinda sad that they got there so fast. But hell thats game mechanics for ya.
    Last edited by Smegmeister; Aug 30th, 2002 at 06:43:51.

I see nothing at all wrong with this if it's used to create alts for high level, veteran players. We all now just how hum-drum the high level game can be, and this does a lot to alleviate this by allowing us to experiment with other professions a bit. This is a good thing for FC, and higher level players... and FC knows this, I think.

My only real gripe with it is this... I'm now getting an a lot of annoying tells in game from people asking me to powerlevel thier noobs (I'm a 169 NT). This one guy offered me 4 mil to level him and his buddy's alts from 50 to 70. I've done this before for a couple of friends' alts... and the gains start slowing down quite a bit from 40 to 50. It would take for hell and ever to take a character all the way up to 70. Not worth the time, bother or credits.

Really, some of you people are making a mountain out of a mole hill... to say the least.

Question Vanilla Cookie

Originally posted by Cosmik
    We currently do not consider this to be an exploit. It is a design matter, and we're working on it, but we expect, and would appreciate it if, it isn't taken advantage off in anyway. Naturally, since we have said "currently" - if many people continue to use it and try to abuse it, our consideration of the situation might (ie will) change....
    wow.....no need to comment on this one....
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

just last night:

level 184? or thereabouts NT, and 4! yes, count them, 4 newbies, at claw camp...

in less than an hour, 4 level 45 newbies...

our team had went there to score perhaps a grid armor mk2 (we cant use nullity but it does drop there)

now, as exploiting a "bug" to gain exp in a manner not consistant with game design or intent (ie to have the newbies team ya, attack with area of effect nano to damage them all, ditch team, finish monsters, n00b levels, wash rinse repeat)...considerin that the game allows them to team, but not to share exp if still teamed, but allows them to share if they leave team but before monsters die...obvious bug here, and its obviously being exploited..

if funcom doesnt consider this an exploit, why arent characters born in game with option to be level 45-60 (this works all the way up till the monsters are grey, around 100ish for these particular claw mutants) at creation?...

does this defeat the intent of the designers? yes

is repeatedly using this "bug" to gain an unfair advantage an exploit? yes

does going through the whole cycle, teaming/damaging mobs/unteaming until desired level is reached consititute grounds for warning/temp ban/total ban?....you would think so

There is only one way to get funcom to wake up on this issue, and that is to start doing it every chance you get, and do it often, and be vocal about it, put it in OOC on occasion, tell everyone you know, and make the problem big enough that they *have* to do something....

CZ *just* said it wasnt considered an exploit....and as such no one has any excuse not to use it if its available to them...is this wrong? yes, will it outrage the community till funcom does something about it? yes..

is that all we want?

yes.
    Bob

does this defeat the intent of the designers?

No.
    It is the intent of the game designers that multiple groups/players could share XP for partial kills.

is repeatedly using this "bug" to gain an unfair advantage an exploit?

What is the advantage?
    Getting a few quick levels?

I don't see any advantage in leveling fast.

does going through the whole cycle, teaming/damaging mobs/unteaming until desired level is reached consititute grounds for warning/temp ban/total ban?....

In whos opinion?

Cz has stated that this is not considered an exploit. I think hiw opinion on the matter means a hell of a lot more than yours.

Personally, I would never use this 'shortcut'.
    It's easy enough to level up the old fashioned way.

As long as the twinkers aren't taking all of the kills and/or attacking your mobs, I can't understand why anyone could get so upset about this.

Red face E Z to do

All you need is a high level NT. They team with lower level. They AoE spell. Get MOBs as low as they can without killing them with AoE then unteam. Then they AoE one more time. Lowbie get whatever % of XP the health was brought down to when the NT was in the team. If the eye camp is not spawned then you can get to level 60ish in one hour. It dose not work past level 60ish as XP starts to slow down alot. This can be done anywhere but best at eye camp as they are close together and added bonus of occational NS or GA. Design flaw.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Okay.

As you probably already know, I have said before I have tried all these bugs and exploits.

Now a freind of mine let me use his NT, a lvl 170 ish one to try this.

Ternak If the eye camp is not spawned then you can get to level 60ish in one hour.

Can do it in a shorter time than that.

I used Kels Nuet and Volcano to area damage as it deal enough damage not to kill most of the mobs in 1 hit and is fast enough to spam, well kels is a bit slow.

Anyway, all you do is pull one, they all agro, nuke the entire camp for 1 level.
    They dont take ages to spawn, and this also works in mission.

For example, you can have a whole team of lvl 80+ with 1 ma doing a mission with Veterans in it, now if these people are SERIOUS enough its faster than doing a low ql mission with 6 lvl 80's.

And this NT was told to stop doing it as it wasnt allowed.
    Oops ;p Was only testing.

So, I saw a lvl 200 nt Power leveling people, I thought of petitioning but thought....Nah.

I took pictures etc.

Then he came to IRC and I said 'hey I saw you power leveling some people.'

He replied with ' aah so your the one that petitioned me'

He told me he got told not to do it or something.
    And I told him that he shouldnt becuase he COULD get banned.
    I saw him do it again, I saw someone get to lvl 60/70 when it took me a week of non stop playing, and that was in newb teams too

I emailed Exploits/genevra with this and they said they are aware of this.

So....how can this not be taken seriously? This is cheating the system to gain levels.

When I first played, getting 60 levels was an achievement, I tell you, with no guides or high level people to -Beg to-

As one poster here said, these new people have it SO easy now.

Damn:|
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Well I have pretty much perfected this technique and pwrlvl'ed some friends..
    anyway, it's better to pull with a weak AoE spell, so you're sure to get all the mobs. Mobs have an aggro radius where if they see someone getting dmg'ed from maybe 10m away they will attack you... So obviously this is preferable to using single nuke..
    Also, exp isn't given out until a little while after you've killed the mobs, especially if you kill a lot at the same time, so it's better to kill everyone 100% while you are in team, then quickly disband when they're dead, and your team mebers will get 100% of the exp from the mobs.

Anyway, I can't see why this isn't labelled as an exploit (an exploit being abuse of a design flaw). I've known about this one for 3months+ and didn't use it as I don't want to get banned. However When a CS rep. comes and says it's allowed, well, a lot of people will start doing it. Especially when the recipee is on the first page of Game Mechanics . Certainly the stupidest thing to do if you don't want ppl to do something, is to tell them how... well enough ranting from me, have fun
    Obit lvl 218 Soldier (Field Marshal)

Well thanks everyone for sharing this with us. You WILL get banned for doing this now. I wasn't banned, but a close friend of mine levelled and alt this way and got a nice e-mail today. Another level 200 (with a lvl 170ish char as well and a level 50ish char) gone from the game.

I don't mind this being illegal, but when this was first brought up, FC should say it is ILLEGAL in bold letters and that you will get banned for doing this. I know others doing this as well, and they have never heard from FC. I just wish they can be more consistant. Not let someone be allowed to do so, and ban others for doing it.

When is AC 2 released again?

Originally posted by Oljalyn
    Well thanks everyone for sharing this with us. You WILL get banned for doing this now. I wasn't banned, but a close friend of mine levelled and alt this way and got a nice e-mail today. Another level 200 (with a lvl 170ish char as well and a level 50ish char) gone from the game.

I don't mind this being illegal, but when this was first brought up, FC should say it is ILLEGAL in bold letters and that you will get banned for doing this. I know others doing this as well, and they have never heard from FC. I just wish they can be more consistant. Not let someone be allowed to do so, and ban others for doing it.

When is AC 2 released again?
    so, this EXPLOIT has been recognized for what it is?
    and you'll be warned if doing it?

YAY! Then I guess this thread has done what I think it was designed to do. All that is needed now, is to actually make sure the software prevents it.

One way, is to check for lvls in team when combat is initiated instead of when the mob dies. (as I said somewhere above)

....oh... when it wafirst was brought up, FC said they would not do anything about it. Unless lots of people started using it, which I bet lots of people has. BUT FunCom SHOULD state here when they changed their mind about it.

Problem is when they state that this isnt an exploit then ban the ppl involved including the high level char who got nothing out of it anyways. And with 0 warning in advance. The incident Oljalyn refers to would never have happened if Cosmik had stated that this was considered illegal in the first place instead of saying its not considered exploit.

So maybe you are happy over this but from your last post I think you see how unprofessionally this whole issue is handled.

Angry

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Okay.

As you probably already know, I have said before I have tried all these bugs and exploits.

Now a freind of mine let me use his NT, a lvl 170 ish one to try this.

Ternak If the eye camp is not spawned then you can get to level 60ish in one hour.

Can do it in a shorter time than that.

I used Kels Nuet and Volcano to area damage as it deal enough damage not to kill most of the mobs in 1 hit and is fast enough to spam, well kels is a bit slow.

Anyway, all you do is pull one, they all agro, nuke the entire camp for 1 level.
    They dont take ages to spawn, and this also works in mission.

For example, you can have a whole team of lvl 80+ with 1 ma doing a mission with Veterans in it, now if these people are SERIOUS enough its faster than doing a low ql mission with 6 lvl 80's.

And this NT was told to stop doing it as it wasnt allowed.
    Oops ;p Was only testing.

So, I saw a lvl 200 nt Power leveling people, I thought of petitioning but thought....Nah.

I took pictures etc.

Then he came to IRC and I said 'hey I saw you power leveling some people.'

He replied with ' aah so your the one that petitioned me'

He told me he got told not to do it or something.
    And I told him that he shouldnt becuase he COULD get banned.
    I saw him do it again, I saw someone get to lvl 60/70 when it took me a week of non stop playing, and that was in newb teams too

I emailed Exploits/genevra with this and they said they are aware of this.

So....how can this not be taken seriously? This is cheating the system to gain levels.

When I first played, getting 60 levels was an achievement, I tell you, with no guides or high level people to -Beg to-

As one poster here said, these new people have it SO easy now.

Damn:|
    I see.

You still haven't forgotten that you have gotten one account banned as well. You jeopardize one guys account, you try the exploit and then report the other guy. I'm sorry cloudeh you're not the right person to speak about this.

However I'm not going to let it stir into that.

The point is, getting to level 100-125 is easy, regardless of class you play, however using this what now seems to be an exploit which wasn't earlier on, is no problem, cause AO isn't about life around level 50 - 100 in ao. AO starts at level 150, at that time you can survive some beating in pvp, you can withstand mobs and escape and you can use most of your nanos (except for those with level requirements).

So if people choose that way of levling, then it is their own choice, if you ask me. The drawback of doing that is that you end up being level 100 with no tokens at all. I know getting tokens isn't as hard now as it was earlier on, but still it'll take make you around level 150 (later if you don't start tokenfarming) before you get the 1k tokenboard, where you could have it at around level 125 if you start off doing team/missions from day 1.

So before FC starts banning people they _SHOULD_ get a warning, at least when you have a topic like this. Same was the case when Demios got his / her account banned.

originally posted by Cz
    We currently do not consider this to be an exploit. It is a design matter, and we're working on it, but we expect, and would appreciate it if, it isn't taken advantage off in anyway. Naturally, since we have said "currently" - if many people continue to use it and try to abuse it, our consideration of the situation might (ie will) change....
    [i]Originally posted by Schu[i]I for one feel I cannot relax until I have searched and cleared every characters' bankbox and inventory. If I don't I apparently risk a ban.
    And this is the answer from http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...0&pagenumber=5 , posted by Cz

No, you risk a warning. If you won't comply, you risk a suspension. You do not risk a ban, unless you (as stated before) have an extreme case (I personally doubt you risk a ban even then), or you refuse to comply with the warning (in which case I think a ban will still only be used in extremely few cases).
    The above is an outright _lie_. Yes I know you hate to be called a liar Cz, but the above statement from you is not true, not at all. Both Demios and another (anonymous) level 200 char has been banned for exploits that isn't an exploit. Do you earn too much money to handle it?

What seems to be the morale in this game: DO exploit a couple of times, then report it as bug, and you're off the hook. Ask if something is an exploit, do it if they say it isn't so, and get banned.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Originally posted by Buffdispense
    Problem is when they state that this isnt an exploit then ban the ppl involved including the high level char who got nothing out of it anyways. And with 0 warning in advance. The incident Oljalyn refers to would never have happened if Cosmik had stated that this was considered illegal in the first place instead of saying its not considered exploit.

So maybe you are happy over this but from your last post I think you see how unprofessionally this whole issue is handled.
    if you read my post again, it [i}says[/i] I think FC SHOULD tell us when they change their mind about things.

BUT when thinking things over, I don't think that's what's happened. This is what I think:

*someone spotted someone doing it, and /petitioned
    *a GM spawned, saw it, and as GMs don't read these boards, they don't know what anyone has says about such things, because FunCom suffers from what many companies suffers from: Lack of communication inward. Meaning, they don't tell eachother what's going on.

When posting stuff like this, Cosmik should give out a note for the GMs to read. This is important stuff, that can mean really change a player's view on how to play. And especially saying something stupid, like it's not an exploit until enough people use the designflaw.

Yes, I am happy, because exploiters may now face a risk.
    You know, FunCom allways said you should get rewarded depending on the risk. More risk=more reward. And this stupid trick sure is rewarding. Why should there be no risk?

Deep in your hearts, You KNOW it is wrong. You KNOW you are doing something you're not supposed to.

So why do you cry when you get caught?

How rewarding is this? You get to reach lvl 100 in 3-4 days. Ppl team up to lvl 100 in 1 week anyways. Considering it takes at least 2months playing time to reach 200 (doing team missions like 12+ hours every day) its not really that rewarding is it? Why is it that way? Because from lvl 100 to lvl 200 you do same difficulty mission killing the same mobs, while at lvl 100 it takes less than 2mill xp to gain a lvl but at 199 it takes 71mill to gain next lvl. Also why wasnt the 100s of others who have done this banned?

And be happy but if you stick around, chances are sometime you will see you/your friends get banned from this game with no warning. You better check your bank for unique items now dont know whats next. And pray you dont have an extra nano recharger in your inventory when you log back on after a playfield crash.

not rewarding? what? NOT REWARDING?

insta-lvl 60 with no effort what so ever! damn!
    You people are amazing!

And why not more people have been notified/warned/banned, is bacause FunCom don't see everything that goes on. if noone petitions about stuff, they don't care. they don't get involved.

Yes, it IS sad, if Funcom turns around and ban people for something they said was not an exploit. yes it is sad when you loose all your stuff due to a servercrash. yes, it is sad when you have to change your name bacause some nogood idiot petitions your name. yes, it is sad that every event FC tries to pull off ends in the sone crashing.

BUT isn't it also sad, that people refuse to admit that they are doing something stupid? Yes, you, players.
    Cosmik SAID DON'T USE IT! In this very thread. And what do you do? You still use it. And then you cry because a GM tells you not to. From what I've read ion this thread, noone has been banned for it yet. Only warnings has been issued. Get a grip!

It makes me mad, when people think they are getting away with stuff like this. It makes me even madder when they DO get away with stuff like this.

Me? I've never exploited. Never q-tapped. Never duped anything. I don't have two uniques. I didn't even dupe stuff in the BETA! I never traded tokens. I never used bugs to exploit to gain xp, money or items in any way. Do you know why?

Because I don't want to get banned. period.

You break the rules, you DO risk getting banned. And I'm pretty sure you know that. It's just that it's abit hard to admit.

This has now spread too much, and we act on it as an exploit. Please read the announcement about it on top of every forum. Closing this thread.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456