Thread: Wrix's Adventures

Wrix's Adventures

I'm Wrix, Neutral Atrox Fixer. I'm just starting out my adventures and thought I'd create a thread that shows my adventures as I make my way up.

I started playing AO several years ago and have been an on and off player. The highest I've ever gone with any toon is level 40, but I'm hoping to go all the way now. I came back last week when I got the email from Funcom about the promo where you get 50% more game time plus the Parasite Helmet

As of posting this I'm level 27 and here's my gear layout:

Armor: Carb QL 43 (exception being that I'm wearing the Parasite Helmet) and the trench coat from Subway
    Weapon: Mausser Particle Streamer QL50 (I have a QL59 one, but I'm about 2-3 levels away from fitting it)
    Implants: Almost a full QL50 set (need to go up a few levels before I can get feet and chest in)

Buff Gear: Full medsuit, all the generic composite nano's, the fixer hacker interface thingy, and the fixer buffs. I'm not really looking to super twink, but I do like being able to strap on gear 30-40 levels above me to help get through the content faster.

I don't have the money to buy better gear, I transferred a bunch of stuff from my 40 trader to this toon which will hold me over till about level 75 I think. After that I'll figure out how to get better equipment as I won't have a ton of credits handy (I'm down to about 1 million credits now, and I don't have any left I can transfer over).

Highlights so far:

I'm currently levelling in the crippler cave in Nascense. I started here at 19 and was able to take on level 28 cripplers (I couldn't even attempt that when I levelled up my Trader last time). I was even able to take on 2 at a time which was pretty cool. And I was able to do it without dropping below 50% health.

So I tried taking on the level 36 crippler that's in the middle of the cave - and I actually beat it! I almost died a few times, but I managed to get through the fight at full defence. I did this at level 21 so there was a 15 level difference and somehow I survived lol.

One thing I am having trouble with is credits. I'm levelling in SL and finding it very difficult to make money here. Is there some secret? I'm selling everything that drops, but most of the stuff that drops is only worth about 300 credits. Occasionally I'm finding a pearl which sells for a lot, but overall I'm burning through way more credits than I'm earning (luckily I had a small pile of credits on my Trader I transferred over, but it's getting smaller by the day lol).

I'll post more later
    Last edited by Wrix; Jun 30th, 2013 at 18:56:50.

Take the time to farm some Spec 1 books in either the SL starter area or from any of the sided mobs. The SL starter area has birds that drops them rather frequently.

You can sell Spec 1 for up to 5m (I have actually managed to sell it for 10m a couple of times when people did WTB). And if you're in a rush it's an easy sell for 2m. The books are unique, but you can carry one complete book, one combined page 1-3, one combined page 1-2 and then one of each page.

As for loot that nets credits from vendors: Pearls, Patterns and converted Monster Parts are your best bets. You'll gain more from one Spec 1 book than you do from the previously mentioned in a couple of hours though.

After that there's several ways to make credits, if you continue to level inside dungeons you can hit the jackpot with Weird looking nanos, unless it's a fixer or advy one you just hit a credit mine. You'll have Sector 10 once you get closer to 150. Predators in Elysium once you hit level 80-100ish, adds turns gray around 100 so that could be a good time to start (great armor as well). There's RK dynas, but generally you won't be able to get much in terms of time vs credits that way. Still fun to hit them whenever you pass em.

CRU farming is back as well, rolling team missions around level 60 seems to be a popular way, then there's the Basic armor quests, boring as hell to do but a solid 25m for the set. It's not hard but takes time and is rather uninteresting to do.

Those things should keep your pockets full for a while, welcome back and I hope you stay around to get further into the game!
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    You can sell Spec 1 for up to 5m (I have actually managed to sell it for 10m a couple of times when people did WTB). And if you're in a rush it's an easy sell for 2m. The books are unique, but you can carry one complete book, one combined page 1-3, one combined page 1-2 and then one of each page.

As for loot that nets credits from vendors: Pearls, Patterns and converted Monster Parts are your best bets. You'll gain more from one Spec 1 book than you do from the previously mentioned in a couple of hours though.
    For the Spec1 book I did that to get my first specialization done, I didn't really think about killing more birds to sell the damn book. I think I'm locked out of the beginner area now though.

For Patterns do people just want to buy the completed patterns or do they want the individual parts? The parts sold for crap in the stores so I stopped picking them up lol, but if they are actually worth something I'll start gathering them.

Converted Monster Parts - you're talking about the biomass or whatever it's called when you stick monster parts into the biological tradeskill item right? (Plasma or whatever it's called?) Or are you talking about something else. The problem with this one is IP, I'm really tight on IP right now, I don't have enough to dump a bunch into Pharmatech or whatever the tradeskill is to make this viable.

Not sure about the real early patterns, I think they'd be better to vendor.
    Only a little later do patterns and the symbs really become worthwhile, in my experience.

And yes the blood plasma from tradeskilling monster parts make good money.
    There are people that would be willing to convert them for you. If you just ask around
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Alright thanks.

Would the Perennium SMG be better than the Masseur Particle Streamer?

Also: is there a point where IP becomes less tight? Right now I'm running out of IP just keeping the attributes, body dev, nano pool, smg/burst, and speed skills maxed (I can't even put points into Nano Init right now). I'm finding it extremely tight right now (level 33). Is this normal?

This is normal and you'll have trouble with IP all the way up to 150ish. You can skimp on str sta int psy body dev nano pool and inits. Don't bother iping nano init til tl7

As Lazy says.

I tend to leave IPing, besides weapon skills and nanoskills while leveling. And only IP abilities when I put in higher Imps/As and when it's needed to up other skills.
    No Need to really IP Duck again.

The Perennium Beamer is a really nice weapon, I never used the maussers.
    You're welcome to hit me up, when I'm on tonight or any other night(assuming you can). Usually from around 15:30 GMT when I'm on.
    On one of my chars in the signature
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

i try to keep int/psy at about 50% and str/sta at about 70% and agi/sen at 90%

while levelling only ip nanoskills when you hit the next levellocked bracket of nanos. keep smg/burst maxed, try to keep rs high-ish (but you have buffs for it so you can slack on that) don't bother with duck and don't bother with dodge if all you're doing is SL. always max evade close every level and you should be more or less fine.

as lazy pointed out you can save a lot of ip if you plan your imps right. in general though i try to keep them on a similarly high level, because i are lazy too in my own ways

the rest, it depends really imo. if you have a pocket etc, you want to max dd and i'd raise nano for the smg buffs (pm/si) and range init. if you want to solo or have to, i'd raise evades, body dev, and mm/bm for healing stuff over that, then try to make sws castable with reasonable effort, and then go for weapon stuff. nano pool i hardly ever touch in low levels or on my fixer at all due to high amounts of nano pool stuff on various items. then try to get my blaster 1/1 on full def.

fixer isnt so bad, once you realize you don't have to max everything at the same time.

my fixer's adventures:

powerlevel to 220
    top gear given by endgame alts
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Gotten myself up to 37, didn't have much time to play in the past few days.

I'm currently levelling off of Mortiigs in the crippler cave static dungeon, they are around level 40-41 for the most part so I'll probably stay here for another few levels.

Where should I head after that? The other static in the crippler cave has level 60 mobs which will be too hard I think. So where should I go for levels 40-50?

Also - how the heck do I get to Elysium? I've never been there, but I want to get into the garden to buy the speed buff and shadowweb spinner mk1. Can somebody give me some directions? I've never gone outside of Nascence in SL before lol.

actually sws1 is a waste of money, the subway cloak is a good substitute.

you can try the dungeon at the yutto in core, it has 55ish mobs if irc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch
    actually sws1 is a waste of money, the subway cloak is a good substitute.
    You have a cloak that adds 35 aad and takes 10 strength vs armour that adds 25 aad, 130 ac's, 5 ncu, hp, damage and nr and you think that it is pointless.

Every Fixer worth his salt knows that AAD is not the be all and end all of the Fixer profession, but 1 tool in the box. SWS together with decent armour means that when you do get hit, and you will, you get hit for less, which makes your HoT's more effective. Lack of AC's on the vagabond cloak and the drop in 10 strength is a lot at lower levels.

Atlas of Shadowlands will provide you with a decent enough map to traverse Nascense so you can reach Elysium. There are plenty of levelling places, and those level 60 mobs will get easier. Don't forget to do your dailies and you will be splatting them with ease, Hecks too in no time

One thing I would do before it is too late is to get someone to run you through Smugglers Den to get some Dark Memories and a Belt that will suffice for a while.
    Tron04 220/30/60 Fixer
    Yrion 150/20/15 Crat
    Jasper2002 220/23/60 Nanomage Fixer
    Heelzjoo Baby Doc - still growing

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper2002 View Post
    You have a cloak that adds 35 aad and takes 10 strength vs armour that adds 25 aad, 130 ac's, 5 ncu, hp, damage and nr and you think that it is pointless.
    where have i said its pointless? sub cloak is free. sws1 costs a lot of money for a new player. at that time you'll have a hard time financing your imps, which are way more important. and sws2 is coming very quickly (75). so, i think its a waste of money. i wouldnt buy it - even considered that sws1 costs arent worth mentioning to someone with a high alt.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jul 10th, 2013 at 01:08:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper2002 View Post
    One thing I would do before it is too late is to get someone to run you through Smugglers Den to get some Dark Memories and a Belt that will suffice for a while.
    That would be Temple of the Three Winds and not Smugglers Den. SD is a 120-150 Dungeon
    And there is always the question: Get ToTW Belt+NCU for Nano+NR or get the Belt+NCU out of Steps of Madness (without any lvl limit) which boost HP for a big chunk.
    Yuria - Shade - Opifex - 220 / changing / even more changing :P
    Pinkfox - Fixer - Opifex
    Scootsy - Adventurer - Solitus
    Eisfuchs - MA - Atrox
    Dashing - Doctor - Solitus

<3 The Asylum <3

When you can afford it go for a Perennium, it does a helluva lot more DPS than a Mausser due to a 1/1 attack/recharge time, and is unfortunately the go-to fixer leveling weapon from tl1-4 (FC hasn't given us much choice...). Full def is great for surviving and the 1/1 of the Perennium makes it much easier on the inits.

Also, for creds, take a look at this thread by Armus, he gives a good look at his path to 1billion creds, and might give you a few ideas. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606524

Elysium: eventually the easy way to get there is via a Jobe Whompah (there's one in each major city) to Jobe Platform, go to the center warp (don't remember the names of Jobe's floors lol), and there's a portal to eastern Elysium which you have to pay like 10k creds for I think. The NPC casts a 4-hour nano in your NCU that allows you to use the portal until the nano runs out (doesn't disappear with dying).

greedy vet's

/tell rezipped and i hand u creds+ gear. just note in the tell tha ur the nob that made thread on forums

Quote Originally Posted by Desdishado View Post
    Also, for creds, take a look at this thread by Armus, he gives a good look at his path to 1billion creds, and might give you a few ideas. http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606524
    Hmm, it looks like "powerlevel up to 150 and farm s10" to me tbh and its no good. Ive rolled a lowbie keeper some time ago and saw ql 30 3x belts in a shop while i was in Bore, bought 42 of them (2 backpacks) and put them into GMI. All of em got sold over time i was on holidays. 950k/ each You dont really have to wait to lvl 150 to earn money, when i became a refugee from rk2 who rerolled on rk1 and started with nothink ive made my first million from morphing NCUs from subway i looted and kindly asked on OOC if anyone could bump them up to ql 200 for me, then i asked a trader to sell them, one of them was worth 200 or 250k if i remember correctly, i was lvl 12 or so by the time. Then i farmed social clothing a bit and was never really short on cash anymore.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.