Thread: Can someone make some dics for me?

Can someone make some discs for me?

I have a disc for Last word and for Plaything. Can someone make them for me? I have the rocks needed...
    Last edited by BoomDoom; Aug 20th, 2002 at 22:38:21.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Problem with those discs is that it's quite a lot of work.

I'm lvl 198 engineer with maxed tradeskills for my lvl. I need to do the following for making a ql 212 disc like Last Word from an exact ql 212 rock:

Get SFA buff from doctor.

Get ME, EE and QFT maestros from trader.

Get NP buff from MP (might be needed for only ql 215 discs, I forgot, but it's possible).

Go to store.

Buy symbol library, reflective pattern and photon particle emitter for the disc.

Change from my MKII armor to medsuit.

Prepare the disc in a PPPE (CL and NP).

Put in first row of implants for the cutting process (ME).

Put in second row of implants to insert the reflective pattern into the prepared carbonrich rock (EE and QFT).

Combine the PPPE with the rock with reflective pattern (EE and QFT again, if I'm not mistaken).

Change back to normal implants.

Put back on MKII armor.

-End-

That's quite a process to do. Not to mention that I know you can loose items like armor in crashes and to other bugs while swapping. Lost a pair of gloves myself that way (MKII) as to be of huge annoyment :/

I wont do this (unless payment is a nice amount or item) because it's a lot of hazzle and people who ask usually don't know how much work it really is to build high ql crystals.

Just a few pointers if anyone wonders why almost noone will make these. I could estimate an average price for doing this to be around 5 mil or more per disc.
    Novice Jica - Nobel Prize Engineer
    Clan Apocalypse - The Guild for Models

Jica's Tradeskills & Tower Shop

"What is the definition of an engineer?"
    "Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

170 trader here... can do it any time you want (only need a little advance notice so i can grab a treatment buff before you come)

If im on im at the east gate in omni-rade.

Assuming Jica can't/doesn't that is... Superslang does them quiet well if your looking for a clan person

Oh I can do them yes. Just listed the process and reason why many might not do them

I'll do those if all buffs are supplied and a small fee is paid. Since I'm engineer I dont have access to maestros just like that and it's actually very hard to "just" get a trader to buff you. If I have to get buffs myself, I won't do a disc like that for less than 5 mil.

I also believe that this is one of the hardest processes in tradeskills at all. Most expect that it's just something you "do" like that. It's actually a lot of work and I will charge accordingly. Once I get my self only tradeskill buffs in the future (;o) I will do it much cheaper

"Someone who solves a problem you didn't know you had, in a way you don't understand."

I like to provide a good service. So to me it's better to get a few really satisfied customers and make a little less than it is to do a lot of rush jobs with perhaps semi satisfied players.

I always take the time to either chat or answer questions if someone are buying something from me. I prefer quality above quantity and to be trustworthy and provide the best service possible.

Question ?

How do you do a rush job? return a half complete nano?

Rush jobs yes.

I play to have fun, not to service the 100 ppl who calls me all day for tradeskills. I pick a few when I feel I have the time and then take the time it requires to do the job without getting stressed (because you will if you've tried how it is to try and help 5 ppl at a time with tradeskills) and chat a little etc..

Thanks for posting that list of what is involved in making a high ql nano for an engineer. I am 181 and I have the same list, with some slight additons for swapping out different pistols and clothing for additional QFT, ME, or whatever. It is a major hassle and I hope that everyone reads this. 5 mil is a very fair price for the trouble involved. (Actually after I did this the first time, I decided it couldn't be worth less than 1 mil per ql of the nano, it was so difficult to do. But I have since regained my sanity. )
    Nivenyrral Lvl 200 Omni Engineer
    General and Retired President of the Band of Brothers