Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agents Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final)

when FC makes dedicated BS... with different areas... when players will start makeing organized teams with strategy how to win BS this game will be PvP only for me too.
    There is no reclaim terminal in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynwood2 View Post
    yes we are... but only thanks to other prof. and their buff that we can use under FP.
    They decided before SL's release to try and stop that dependency and make each profession specialize in what they're good at, so giving us sub par nano's post 200 which are only available with a huge IP sink that's not worth it and that also needs OB's is just another way to mess agents about, the most efficient nano's in the SL damage Buff lines are the ones you can get before you get any shadowlevels and that is moronic, it needs fixing.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Think I have a new top priority for the wish list.

Someone in the Development team who levelled an Agent as their Main character from level 1 to 220!
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Well pvp-wise our defense in 1v1 is similar to docs' defense. We are uber 1v1 with nr1/2 but dunno bout others I suck at BS. Im enjoying those situations when only 2 are versus me. Sometimes its cool to just stop kiting to outheal keepers alpha or enfs alpha (so they can whine how sucky their alphas are <3 free movements) but these situations are so damn rare. Mainly because I don't sneak in BS. Yes its stupid and inefficient use of our toolset. But I like running around like psycho .
    Agents defense is like complete zerg-food. You can land on agent w/e you want to land. Usually when 3-4 are after you, its root-graft and melees alpha you (I usually manage to insert ch, but still 30k hp goes liek nothing). While some otherclasses imo are doing better in zerg situations but worse in 1v1 situations.
    Prolly should start sneaking a lot more and follow zerg or just reroll keepor .
    Basically just give me BS layout with lot less people and im happy .

Any suggestions how FC could improve agents mass-pvp defense by not making it overpowered for 1v1?

p.s.
    I think im pretty average equiped agent with 20.6k hp + 2.3k NR and insta or veery close to insta ch on full def.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    Well pvp-wise our defense in 1v1 is ...

didnt you post in wrong place...?

This suppose to be about agent weapon or fixing agent special shot/dmg.
    There is no reclaim terminal in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynwood2 View Post
    didnt you post in wrong place...?

This suppose to be about agent weapon or fixing agent special shot/dmg.
    This is agent concern/wish list thread not how to make agents ultimate pvm prof. Everyone posts what improvements in what areas they would like to see. I posted that I would like some small boost in mass pvp defense which wouldn't affect drastically 1v1 pvp.

Any suggestions how FC could improve agents mass-pvp defense by not making it overpowered for 1v1?
    First off, I agree that our mass pvp abilities are distinctly lacking.

My possibly(?) overpowered suggestion:
    Modify the bail out nano line so it removes all combat nanos (like rage) and make it give an 60% reflect (stacks with rrfe) + 1000 NR for 10-20s.

It would make us slightly more powerful in 1v1 cases (we could survive first alpha if we hit it at the right time) but would be much more effective in mass pvp where it would allow us to escape zergs. Most alphas recharge in about 2 minutes, so the 4 minute recharge time on the bail out nanos would prevent us from using it every time someone's alpha was up. The nano would also be much less effective duels since we would not have rrfe running.

Prolly should start sneaking a lot more and follow zerg or just reroll keepor .
    It's a gank profession, real agents are pure gankers but same as when you see docs with full CC you can also setup agent however you prefer.
    Agents pre-requisite for ganking remains as their biggest strenght. After that it's escape and support.

If we should get defense it would have to be via the bail out nanos.

As most know,
    the nano snare us after a few seconds and leave us snared with no first aid, treatment, debuffed AAO and AAD and a 3min cooldown.

So the payoff should really be better. A 600 AAD added to the nano and lower requirements to cast would be my suggestion.

Most of all I'd like to see it build around agents primary ability, ganking.
    And a continuation of our versatile nanorepetoir is something pretty much all agents hopes for.

A new rifle on top of that too

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    My possibly(?) overpowered suggestion:
    Modify the bail out nano line so it removes all combat nanos (like rage) and make it give an 60% reflect (stacks with rrfe) + 1000 NR for 10-20s.

It would make us slightly more powerful in 1v1 cases (we could survive first alpha if we hit it at the right time) but would be much more effective in mass pvp where it would allow us to escape zergs. Most alphas recharge in about 2 minutes, so the 4 minute recharge time on the bail out nanos would prevent us from using it every time someone's alpha was up. The nano would also be much less effective duels since we would not have rrfe running.
    overkill,60% reflect+rrfe would equal to 90% reflect(not taking reflect bracers into account,7% from each of them,or in case of poison damage,10% from pande bracer and 7% from bracer +alba ring,basically it means no poison damage will be taken).

All in all,overkill.

It doesn't matter if you can use it every 4 mins,you get 90% reflect while having 20k(or higher) hp and being in FP doc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    It doesn't matter if you can use it every 4 mins,you get 90% reflect while having 20k(or higher) hp and being in FP doc.
    Well, anything lower and it would be almost completely useless while self buffed. (Don't say that mass pvp is outside buffed, because Battlestation is often self.) I admit it would be nicer to have something like a 75% flat reflect. Unfortunately, I doubt FC would implement that and make it not wipe rrfe or create a nano that has effects depending upon other buffs and equipment.

Also, the objective was something that would allow you to survive a zerg for a short period of time; not something that would make it take slightly longer to get insta killed.

Reflects, absorbs, evades, spec attack absorbs , heals ain't part of agent toolset!
    I agree with Letah that improved bail nanos could help a lot.
    When you compare enfs rage with our bail nanos.

Function the same
    Mods better on rage due to NR
    Duration 5-10secs versus Rage's 36secs
    Debuffs - -2k First aid/treatment+aao/aad debuffed+NR debuffed versus Rage's 800dmg
    Cooldown - 4mins versus Rage's no cooldown.
    Nano skills - 1.8k on top one ( need that much due to being in mimic) versus Rage's 639

And now you still have root in your ncu when bail nano has ended.
    Rage beats bail nanos in all aspects, no downsides.

New version should have 2min cooldown at least. And here goes the problem. Assuming FC really hates that agent's don't rise nano skills or have them low due to nr1/2, FC will never introduce new nano with lowbie reqs around ~800 so all agents can use it.
    In other words - there might be upgrades to nanos, which for pvp setuped agents wont be possible to use. Hence sticking to nr1/2 is best we will get imo.

Edit:
    And lawl about 'fixing' bail nanos 15.4 patch.
    Before it didn't have cooldown at all but added 50% root resist. To nerf it they put on 4min cooldown and gives 95% resists. I would pick first version tbh.
    Guess FC wants to pvp every 7mins to gank and bail, and then rest for 7mins.
    Last edited by Biggysmallz; Oct 29th, 2007 at 21:18:13.

Guess FC wants to pvp every 7mins to gank and bail, and then rest for 7mins.
    Some great offensive nanos would be cool, GW executing same way as Bail Out and similar

My thoughts on wishlist

In what areas I would like to see improvements:

1.Items or medium/high level nanos which would increase agent's nano delta and NF range. 17.7 will involve medium level quests to gain new nanos (adventuring nano for advies being as an example).
    2. Giving access to other prof nanos which would greatly improve team's performance but not affecting agent's solo ability. Mainly these ones: LotP, Crat aad aura, Engy team spec blockers, Fixer ncu and long Hots and Umbral wrangler from trader.
    3. Agent perks reviewed - lowered execution times, removed other prof perk running requirements (Shadowsneak, Sharpshooter lines mainly)
    4. Improved evade debuff
    5. Improved rifle
    6. Bail nanos

Evaluation.
    Although agent profession has never been viewed upon as Nano casting profession, more and more agents role in team has been determined by the profession team is lacking.
    When team is lacking support/crowd controller agent usually goes into mimic: doctor / bureaucrat hence significantly raising his usage of nanos. As it is now agents don't have access to support/control symbiants (artillery-only). This limits agent's effective use of nanos. Although agent may have 2second nano tick, we are greatly lacking in amount we receive per tick. From my personal experience there is no big difference if I try as hard to achieve 2sec tick (as trox agent) since amount I receive is way below 100points (5 from Iviral compiler + 36 from org city).
    Most range for NFs are between 20-25 meters. Our rifle range - 40m. Mimic debuffs nano range to 17-23 meters (15% debuff). This forces agents to get closer to target than we actually need hence drastically lowering survivability of agent!

Solution.
    New nano or item with modifiers ~60 Nano delta and 50% range increase. This would place our Nano delta around 130points per tick and NF range around 26-34 meters.

Access to existing team buffs
    Currently agents are mainly soloers in pvp environment occasionally providing fellow sidemates with CH. As it is now pvp environment is moving towards team orientated instead of soloing. I as agent would like to be seen as great asset to team by providing useful buffs. These buffs won't affect agents solo ability because w/o team they are practically useless. However agents couldn't fully replace certain profession hence making it less useful. We are effectively doing this in PVM environment, why couldn't we be doing this in PVP too?

Reviewing agent perks
    Currently there are 2 perk lines which is not even as option for agent to use. Making these perklines more attractive for us like removing other profession perk dependencies, reducing execution times could make them reasonable option. Currently execution times are 5, 5, 6 and 8 seconds. We all know how fast-paced BS pvp is. Same issue is with Called shot, Assassinate and Death strike. 5 second execution time and requirement of stun/targets health below 15% makes the usage of these perks terribly low. Of course this would bring more dmg for agents but with 30% cap our dmg got pushed back by a lot.

Improved evade debuff
    When team pvp will hit the live (17.8?), everyones defense will receive rather big boost ( LoTP, Crat/Keeper aad/aao auras). There needs to be mitigating factor to keep this in balance. We had dodge rng debuff nano from start of the game but we haven't received continuation of it. Agents attack rating is in middle/high group, some tools to improve situation in this area could be a help.

Rifle
    Last but not least - rifle. Two things should be considered when designing new rifle - what is the purpose of it (PVP or PVM or both). In pvm our OFAB COBRA has only one major drawback - its critical increase. Agents have received numerous ways to get more critical chance, be it SE helmet, ofab gloves, research, Alappaa pads, Ado brain symbiant and others. But we can't effectively use it since our crit increase doesn't play sufficient role over regular hits. Rifle similar to Dreadloch tigress or silverback would make pvm agents happy I suppose.
    About PVP rifle - currently I as agent use Kyr'oczh, High Lord of Angst, M150 booster and Razorback Gargantua rifles in pvp. Why I don't use Ofab cobra? Because regular/critical damage is too negligible to make any difference, it doesn't have any modifiers (+60 dodge rng/+30 aao as HLoA rifle), procs (+60 aao< glory proc), projectile dmg (Gargantua rifle which would allow us to get through cocoons with perks faster), nor extra specials (M150 - FA), nor fast equipment/swap time (HLoA).
    If all these factors would be made into one rifle we would receive ultimate pvp rifle. Of course it may sound overpowered but efficient steps could be made to make it reasonable - long equip time (to prevent hotswapping to piercing alpha), very long recharge on Full auto (Would depend on rifle tbh if FA is needed at all).

Bail nanos
    Of course same old story with lower cooldown, lower requirements, longer duration, on end removing hostile buffs.

These are my ideas which I would like to see in distant future.

Of course it may sound overpowered but efficient steps could be made to make it reasonable - long equip time (to prevent hotswapping to piercing alpha), very long recharge on Full auto (Would depend on rifle tbh if FA is needed at all).
    There's nothing wrong with piercing alpha, it kills people like it should. With OP rifle or not.

I'm all for a rifle with some cool buffs, I wanted a high-damage one for crits with a 45sec AS recharge.
    High damage to compensate for the long AS-recharge.

One of the things they wan't out of AO is that,-
    - if you choose to play agent then that doesn't mean you are like every other agent out there.

Thats why there is such a flexible skill-system so that we can customize our charracters excactly they way we wan't.
    Agents are living up to that since you see a lot of diferent setups, PE-gankers, evade-builds, MR-builds etc...

The backside is that it's hard to balance and to prevent players just using 1 build. We're moderatly versatile tho

2. Is a no go,simply because...
    You guys can't use the whole toolset of the given profs.
    Nothing personal,but having an agent run lotp,then once mimic goes out,to do crat for aad aura as well as umbral once crat is gone is somewhat over the top don't you agree? :>
    (thats 187 evades,310 aad,100 ar,153 ar) in total.

3.The profs are working on removing ALL the perk combos,they have been pushing for this a while now,no progress still...

Anyway,the agents never had true "defences",ask whoever you want,the defensive setup pre LE worked very well if you had towers.
    Everyone had less AR,but people didn't have those went for the hp setup(kinda like docs,they have no REAL defence,they only have massive hp,but they have the heals to back it up,so it becomes viable,unlike it is for everyone else)
    The agent defence is good 1vs1,however all the debuffs that came with LE(new drains,which should be boosted even more,so they TRULY cripple people,as in make your weapon go OE),ENSD,RI and all the crap kinda screwed you guys as much as all the other nano reliant profs(Docs/advys/NTs/traders,i don't know if i should add MAs to this list,since they aren't THAT nano reliant)

Face it,you guys never had a "working" defence,as in something that was intended,your defence was the "product" of people experimenting and basically getting "lucky" with the stuff they were testing.

Your defence is lacking in 2-3 vs 1 situations,your defence is good in a 1vs1,like all nano reliant(casting) profs,you are vulnerable to stuns and -init debuffs.
    I am at a loss as to how the "make" a defence for you guys...

As for rifles...
    Having the benefits of an HLoA,coupled with say FA from gargantua and a good crit hit,would be a bit over the top,face it,most weapons that other profs get are **** with both regulars and crits(not counting crits and regulars from wolf ;/)
    You can't have the best of both worlds(defence and AR),i always viewed the agent hotswapping as adapting to the situation.

An advy needs to adapt all the time,a good advy will have at least 2-3 equips depending on who he's fighting,i don't see the problem with agents having to use different weapons in different situations,games already dumbed down,at least leave something that differs...

Mweh thats just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    From one troll to another. Cut the crap, Blackie. Or just roll a MP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escritores View Post
    And right there this thread turned emo...
    Boori:There is a difference between a "Soldier" and a "Walking Dreadloch-Modified Shark".
    best post ever
    forum mod <3

Quote Originally Posted by Palahere View Post
    2. Is a no go,simply because...
    You guys can't use the whole toolset of the given profs.
    Nothing personal,but having an agent run lotp,then once mimic goes out,to do crat for aad aura as well as umbral once crat is gone is somewhat over the top don't you agree? :>
    (thats 187 evades,310 aad,100 ar,153 ar) in total.

3.The profs are working on removing ALL the perk combos,they have been pushing for this a while now,no progress still...

Anyway,the agents never had true "defences",ask whoever you want,the defensive setup pre LE worked very well if you had towers.
    Everyone had less AR,but people didn't have those went for the hp setup(kinda like docs,they have no REAL defence,they only have massive hp,but they have the heals to back it up,so it becomes viable,unlike it is for everyone else)
    The agent defence is good 1vs1,however all the debuffs that came with LE(new drains,which should be boosted even more,so they TRULY cripple people,as in make your weapon go OE),ENSD,RI and all the crap kinda screwed you guys as much as all the other nano reliant profs(Docs/advys/NTs/traders,i don't know if i should add MAs to this list,since they aren't THAT nano reliant)

Face it,you guys never had a "working" defence,as in something that was intended,your defence was the "product" of people experimenting and basically getting "lucky" with the stuff they were testing.

Your defence is lacking in 2-3 vs 1 situations,your defence is good in a 1vs1,like all nano reliant(casting) profs,you are vulnerable to stuns and -init debuffs.
    I am at a loss as to how the "make" a defence for you guys...

As for rifles...
    Having the benefits of an HLoA,coupled with say FA from gargantua and a good crit hit,would be a bit over the top,face it,most weapons that other profs get are **** with both regulars and crits(not counting crits and regulars from wolf ;/)
    You can't have the best of both worlds(defence and AR),i always viewed the agent hotswapping as adapting to the situation.

An advy needs to adapt all the time,a good advy will have at least 2-3 equips depending on who he's fighting,i don't see the problem with agents having to use different weapons in different situations,games already dumbed down,at least leave something that differs...

Mweh thats just my opinion.
    Yah I agree almost 100% with you (we still need better rifle thou)

My idea of giving access on already existing nanos was to add more diversity to the agent's toolset. Atm its pure doc or solja sometimes in pvp. Sacrifice of defense for good team boost might be quite interesting alternative .
    No NR2, no ch - you are completely reliant on your teammates.
    Then again it takes away lot of other prof uniqueness but take a look at pre-SL times when agents had access to almost everything.
    I'm not sure for myself if I even wanted access to it. Teammates: Giev spec blockers Me: sovvy me is nr2 --> Teammates: you nubi! we hate y00.

And why you talking about agent's defense? We all know we haven't had our true defense. We are good 1v1 but lack in 2-3v1 as you said and I don't know what could be solution for it too by not making it OPed . Few upgrades like - bigger nano, perk range/upgraded bail nanos (with quite small cooldown).

And as you said we are affected by these all debuffs as all nano reliant proffs but FC still thinks we are pure artillery which annoys me quite a lot. Support symbs could solve quite a lot problems but I know its not going to happen.

About rifle - I wouldn't want pure cookie-cutter rifle but upgrade on cobra like good crit increase + some modifier could do the trick. You would still go with HLoA if you are defense setuped, razorback for coons and FA for booster.

Support symbs could solve quite a lot problems but I know its not going to happen.
    As requested we gotten (kinda) a lot of buffs from support symbs via other items. I hope that continues

Without access to support symbs we'll see items a'la agent ring, brain symb, ofab sleeves etc to compensate.

This is what I would like to see, listed more or less in order of priority:

1. Some incentive to drop NR1/2:
    a. Access to up to 212 or 214 doctor heals.
    b. Access to AMS III or IV + reflect aura somewhere between Harmonizing and Pre-Nullity. This is not overpowered since an agent in mimic soldier has much less hp than a soldier, is lacking 5% reflect from the back item, and is missing all of the perk heals. This would also give us a bit of much needed mass pvp love.
    c. Some agent only buffs or items with 50-75% NSD, drain, initiative debuff resist (this should include procs as well as nanos). Alternatively, access to nanos, items, or perks that allow us to actively clear the debuffs mentioned above.
    d. Access to some of the SL morphs, insta heals, BoL, LotP, Vengeance of Nature, Boon, and Freedom. Again, we have no acrobat or cocoon so this is hardly overpowered - maybe implement something so that LotP and Vengeance are cleared when mimic ends.

2. Longer or Refreshing mimic. I don't think this one requires explanation ;p

3. New Rifle
    a. We should at least get something on par with the Tigress. Unless I missed something agents are still the AS profession not MPs, why they have a better AS weapon is beyond me. Or maybe agents should get Rihwen or Windowmaker? ;p
    b. If the stats on the Cobra aren't changed we should at least get burst or full auto added.

4. Re-worked bail out line:
    a. Roots and snares should be removed from your ncu when you cast the nano. Possibly remove debuffs like UBT, NSD, drains, etc. as well.
    b. The nanos should have a lower cool down, 30s - 1 minute.
    c. The nanos should have a longer duration and more root+snare resist.

5. Faster perks - biggy already covered this.

6. Ofab - In comparison to soldier and keeper ofab, agent ofab mine as well be froob armor:
    a. Change rifle mod on the sleeves to 40 or 50 add all offence, or change up it to 50 or 60 rifle.
    b. Increase the add all defence and -% nano cost on the special edition helmet.
    c. The AAO mod on the special edition back armor is the same as s10 tank armor. Increase the AAO to 60, or change it to 25 AAO+30 AAD.
    d. Give us some shoulder pads with HP and some combination of rifle, AS, and AAO.

7. Decrease the cast time and recharge time on all of our buffs, we don't have nearly enough time to buff in decon.

8. Clear mimic upon entering battlestation. Nothing new, we've been asking since LE came out.

I'm not suggesting all of these are implemented at once, but some combination would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    8. Clear mimic upon entering battlestation. Nothing new, we've been asking since LE came out.
    While this would be beneficial, I suspect there would be some unpleasant side effects, since the nano is basically Hostile and, although I haven't tested it, I believe no hostile nano formulas are cancelled upon entering the Battle station, this would mean altering the signup to include those Nano formulas, the side effect to this would be to remove beneficial Nano formulas listed as hostile, for example Blessing of the Xan and Blood of the Xth Brood type buffs, however considering the Nature of the battle station removing these benefits would probably be fair to maintain the balance, however those buffs, particularly the brood buffs, aren't to easy to come by and having them wiped upon entry would be annoying to some and probably keep people out of the battle station if they had those buffs.

Overall, in all fairness, considering the above points, I think it is still reasonable that Mimic, and all other Hostile nano formulas, currently running in the characters NCU be removed upon entering the Battle station, as long as the change is advertised so people know the consequences of the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    [*]Reducing the ability by other professions to execute high or successful AimedShots. That or an alltogether removal from other professions.
    how about campaigning for a non borked pvp system instead of trying to take the only thing some profs can hit anyone with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast