Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agents Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final)

More Defensive Abilities!

I would still like some improvement to our defensive toolset, but I don't think evades/aad are the way to go now. Unless we get like 600+ evades or aad, a higher defensive rating than we have now would not make too much of a difference.

Absorbs, Reflects, or Special Blockers would work nicely but I'm open to other improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post
    I would still like some improvement to our defensive toolset, but I don't think evades/aad are the way to go now. Unless we get like 600+ evades or aad, a higher defensive rating than we have now would not make too much of a difference.

Absorbs, Reflects, or Special Blockers would work nicely but I'm open to other improvements
    We can allready get Reflects from going soldier, but other than that any of these advantages doesn't feel right for an agent, a 'Hide in Plain Sight' type of effect would be good, allowing an agent to break off combat if required and resneak would be much more in line with Agents imo.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

I dont know if it has been said alot before but shouldnt FP be friendly? like shouldnt the agent be able to choose whenever he wants to terminate it or not? cause the whole line sometimes, you may have casted the wrong mimic or so but then has to wait 20 mins to cast the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeGod View Post
    I dont know if it has been said alot before but shouldnt FP be friendly? like shouldnt the agent be able to choose whenever he wants to terminate it or not? cause the whole line sometimes, you may have casted the wrong mimic or so but then has to wait 20 mins to cast the right one.
    There are advantages and disadvantages of that, advantages would be that it would be very easy to run up tons of buffs in your NCU like Behe, Baton, RRFE & Superior Omni Med to name a few, other professions think this would make us overpowered, the disadvantages would be that if it were friendly it would take up NCU.

However I will refer you to Agent Mimic & others duration (frustration) thread so you can keep track of the discussion on this matter.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    We can allready get Reflects from going soldier, but other than that any of these advantages doesn't feel right for an agent, a 'Hide in Plain Sight' type of effect would be good, allowing an agent to break off combat if required and resneak would be much more in line with Agents imo.
    Sounds ok to me; however, it seems FC is much more willing to implement traditional defenses like aad, blockers, absorbs, and reflects though. (i.e. trader, MP, NT, enforcer, and nanomage nanos/special abilities)

I would like to see our escape lines work almost like enforcer rage, usable once every minute for a 30s or so immunity to root, stun and so on (for the top one, requiring max nanoskills to cast). Or perhaps being able to use it while stunned to bust out of stuns and init debuffs.

This would provide more survivability than evades in todays game. Plus it'd give us a reason to use our nanoskills.

Or perhaps to have the root/snare breaking proc (Disable cuffs) proc on 100% of shots, for a lesser, but far more consistant, reliable effect.

My own PERSONAL, AND PERSONAL ONLY wishes. May have already posted in this thread with this **** too. Oh **** it, I'm going to bed. **** you all. Flame me and I'll edit your post.

Good night.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

it might be nice to have a fp race (allowing agents to change race for short durations gaining benefits of that race's abilities (adding str/stamina as a trox, int/psych as Nanomage, evenly adding some small amount to all abilities as soli (just appearance), adding agil/sense as opi.
    Also this should let us use items restricted by profession.

Add agent kits extended to lvl 220 so we can fp omni/neutral and infiltrate. And shorten the duration for false side.

the aimed shot skill should get a boost if used as agent and have a higher cap for agts then other professions. being able to re-use aimed shot on a mob is also a good idea. Reconceal buff sounds good for that purpose- it would auto sneak you after an aimed shot. Average damage on an agent is lousy, even docs can deal more damage when using shen sticks. Give a rifle a better average dmg, and let agents either specialize in aimed shot in such a way that its more useful for agents the for other professions, or give us ssome perk or buff that lets us use aimed shot more frequently or differently as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I would like to see our escape lines work almost like enforcer rage, usable once every minute for a 30s or so immunity to root, stun and so on (for the top one, requiring max nanoskills to cast). Or perhaps being able to use it while stunned to bust out of stuns and init debuffs.

This would provide more survivability than evades in todays game. Plus it'd give us a reason to use our nanoskills.

Or perhaps to have the root/snare breaking proc (Disable cuffs) proc on 100% of shots, for a lesser, but far more consistant, reliable effect.

My own PERSONAL, AND PERSONAL ONLY wishes. May have already posted in this thread with this **** too. Oh **** it, I'm going to bed. **** you all. Flame me and I'll edit your post.

Good night.
    lol kink...but... !word

NECROSTICK!
    was bored at work decided to reactivate this thread.
    My wishes :

1. Snipe shot1/2 ; called shot ; death strike; shadow bullet and night killer perks should have reduced attack time (6secs wtf?) to 1-3 secs and removed other prof perks reqs. Assasinate and the shot is quite fine, could use a biiit lower attack speed. Wtbe gank class again w/o any non-agent specials.

2. Better evade debuff. Fixers have one, ours could be with something liek -150 evades.

3. Escape nano reworked. As kink previously said rage and escape line has SAME function but escape line is way less effective but demands lot more nano skills and aao/aad debuff makes it quite stupid in BS - run from one pack, run into other completly defenseless!

4. Root/Snare - 15sec duration and unremovable and unresistable castable every 1 or 2mins.

5. Ruse 4 - Make it in the size of Ruse 2 (the most optimal imo) add some evades/aad or nr. Advy pit lizard reducing size buff in description says - smaller size more defense. Why shouldn't we get defense while using it?

6. Good rifle - at the moment my crit is around keepers regular hit in pvp. We need better rifle to freshn up our pvm dmg. At the moment no agents need detaunt nanos/procs because our dmg just sucks.

7. Improved Death's Gaze

8. More speed while sneaking. BS is tooo big for effective sneaking which is our best defense !

9.Improved TTS/UA (gief ++ piercing/SA/FA if you ignore first point)

10. New agent only sharp objects with better dmg than Tear of Oedipus

11. Refreshable mimic aura: make it useable for lower lvls too, not 220 only.

12. Nerf aoe roots so it checks versus all targets NRs liek you did with advy calms pl0x

shouldnt agents get like an evade perk such as acrobat, we are always so small but things hit us like we're elephants on the african safari. If we are to get a defensive tool set or something i think evades are the way to go. what are your thoughts about this guys?
    Last edited by AnimeGod; Sep 21st, 2007 at 10:52:46. Reason: about enfos and acrobat lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeGod View Post
    shouldnt agents get like an evade perk such as acrobat, we are always so small but things hit us like we're elephants on the african safari. If we are to get a defensive tool set or something i think evades are the way to go. what are your thoughts about this guys?
    I've been told on a couple of occasions that Agents did indeed have the Acrobat perk in the SL beta, but it was taken away from us, I have a feeling asking for it is going to be pointless, but yes it is a nice idea.

I don't think acrobat will solve to many problems for us since our evades are not that high to begin with.

Blockers/reflects/absorbs/root resist/stun resist would be a lot better imo.

well i mean like we get acrobat. ruse adds to evades and AAD and im still working on the other ideas.

I think FC have alot on there plate with AOC in the making and they're overlooking us agents aka: paying customers, we are a nerfed! profession who need some <3, and as a paying customer I Demand!

so as i was day dreaming away waiting for a flaged clan to pass me by i dreamed up this nano I was thinking if they can give us extremely high crit increase and damage modifier in the form of a nano why not a nano that does the opposite to the target

NanoCrystal (Gaze Of The Predator)
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Biological metamorphosis 1100
    Matter metamorphosis 1600
    Profession Agent

Description:
    Nano Crystal: shines a light into the targets eye making it realize it is about to die!

Item contains a formula:
    (Gaze Of The Predator)
    NaCost: 2000 NCU cost: 99
    Nanoline: Inevitable Doom
    Duration: 00:00:08
    Range: 35m
    Speed:
    Attack 7.00s
    Recharge 9.00s
    Modifier:
    Restrict Action
    Target Hit Health -2000
    Add. Melee Dam. - 666
    Add. Energy Dam. - 666
    Add. Chem. Dam. - 666
    Add. Rad. Dam. - 666
    Add. Cold Dam. - 666
    Add. Poison Dam. - 666
    Add All Off - 666
    Add All Deff - 666
    Melee. Init. - 666
    Ranged. Init. - 666
    Physic. Init - 666
    NanoC. Init. - 666
    Sensory improvement - 666
    Matter metamorphosis - 666
    Biological metamorphosis - 666
    Psychological modifications - 666
    Matter creation - 666
    Time and space - 666

I'm willing to over look are non working roots nerfed rifles and non existent means of defense if you FC make and put this nano into teh game

/peace out
    Agentsftw
    XD

-2000 health? no thanks unless you meant caster gets teh positive effects

Gaze of the Predator looks interesting, Traders already do get two nanos that together drops someone's nano skills by about that much and reduces their AAO by more, it probably needs some tweaking but I do like the 666 number choice, though I'd be tempted to change the damage to a DoT dealing 1332 damage every second (666 in PvP ^^) also one other change I'd like to make is add in the deer in the headlights effect, i.e. a stun and then make it an upgrade to Death's gaze adding in the following modifications:

School Combat: Calm
    On Use Target Restrict Action Fighting, Movement
    Target Taunt 6666

P.S. AnimeGod I think all the effects are negative effects applied to the target.

SL:
    - We could use some nano roots and snares for the levels after 200.
    - The range of the perks have been debated long and should be longer.
    - Give us some sort of Mimic line that deals with SL nanos (maybe with a greater penalty than mimic) cause agents rely on the other professions to survive, Alone we have very few programs to help us in a fight. At 210+ all the programs we can use in Mimic is way outdated for our level (such as heals).
    - For gods sake, fix the bug with skill-based perks where they lock up and show "action not avalible" when you zone out before the skills have reached a certain level after a rezz shock. This has killed me too many times when key perks just lock up.
    - Give us a second hotbar!!!!
    - Oh and make AS "redoable" for agents.... (I know, I know.. wishfull thinking)

Found that post in jul 2004, we really do need an improvement, some of the things i believe are fixed but not needed but he does have some good points here

Extended nano-repetoir/Improve existing:

-Calms(trader/nt/crat), singeheals (Doc, MA and Adv), attack and heal pets, charms, SL runspeed and reflects (Eng and Soldier), Engie pets (that goes OE/Not listen if not in enginer profession) some new nukes and shield.

Another way would be to give agents the nanos themselfs, which require a mimic to run.
    -for example a healing nano only works as FP Doc/MA/Adv, a Calm only as Trader/NT/Crat etc. Makes it easier

Improve the FP-nanos themselfs:

-Add aura versions of the nanos to extend their duration. The agent should be able to cancel/recast them manually after a 20minute period.

Improve agent perks and nanos:

-No nanos should require more than 1500 in skill cast.
    -Escape nanos should boost runspeed better and add Add All Def (200-500-800) depending on the QL.
    -Dots should do more damage or inflict additional debuffs.
    -Improve Take The Shot/Assassins grin/Meld with background and add unique faces to face graft.
    -Speed up the perks
    (Called Shot, Assassinate, The Shot, Death Strike) and take away the requirement for other professions perks to run. Change the requirements to execute Death Strike and Assassinate a slightly bit.
    -Improve Deaths Gaze.
    - Improve Projectile magnet (a lot)

General

Fix stealth exploits.

More alternatives. Add more damage or attacks to our LE-rifle, improve the others. Not fun to see great rifles become useless.
    Our upgradable Beast-rifle could get max damage boosted significanly for example as have very low min. Same with Faction Rifle's, Razorback etc so the have something others don't. Maybe Lady of Angst adds perception instead of concealment etc..

Extended access to profession locked items.

More Holograms and gadgets!
    Last edited by monique; Sep 29th, 2007 at 17:12:09.

1. BUMP for the AS based attack working without concealment (like backstab) and stronger AS in pvm; either with higher cap or no cap at all. 13k at the beginning of the fight is nothing if you fight a SL mob with hitpoint bar across half of the screen, it just gets you a nice aggro. Every other profession can use their specs during whole fight.

2. BUMP for recastable mimic or fp.

3. Remove restrictions and let us cast every RK nano of every prof in mimic. Why can't we have the outdated stuff of others?

4. Some self nano buffing both AS and rifle.

5. and ZOMG BUMP for the bayonet concept :-) Honestly I thought it was me who invented that crazy concept and see - at least 2 people before me :-)
    Last edited by amleeth; Oct 2nd, 2007 at 09:59:55.

with they would give froob docs new heals /me goes of to spam doctor forum with this suggestion in hope of FC listening there

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast