Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Agents Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final)

Agents Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final)

After collecting all of the information from all wish lists, I have took the time to compile it into one comprehensive list.

How to use this List:
    Please be aware that the list is in no order as to priority and that's your job to do. Respond to this post with the numbers of each section as to where the ideas you want prioritized in descending order. Ie:
    Priority listing:
    1. Section X: Such and Such
    2. Section Y: Such and Such
    3. Section....etc.
    What if I can't find something on the list that I want added?
    This list is a concerns/wish list and is never printed on pure stone. Feel free to add whatever you like; however, it has to be within playable consideration. To place an addition, simply type it out through this post or PM me through the forums.

Links to Old Listings:
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

Pending prioritization.

1. Shadowland Damage Nanos:
    • The stacking bug aside, these nanos require so many skills to cast; making them utterly unusable as they tend to be a destructive IP sink. That being mentioned, we'd like the bug fixed either way .

2. Extention of Nanos:
    • The Agent root toolset died with the introduction of shadowlands, we'd like the root/dot line to be further looked into with new nanos that have their skill and landing ability twinked up.
    • The Ruse of Taren toolset would like to see an extention with added mods other than conceal and size as it gets further.
    • The Agility/Sense buffs have gone way outdated and would like a twink to it at higher levels.
    • Extenstion of the Take the Shot buff to another level, which is a selfbuff with more and useful modifiers.
    • The detaunt nanos currently have a 12 meter range. Could they be raised to for example 25 meters? That way they are still useful to us as a ranged profession, and we can use items to get it to 40 meters if desired.
    • Some access to the uncastable buffs which are set (such as the NCU line of a fixer).
    • SL evac nanos could use longer duration and better scaling on the duration. The fix that was done to them helped a lot, but they still lack a bit of useability due to extremely short duration. And there is little to no use spending IP on using the higher versions because the run speed increase is hardly noticeable. If duration scaled better on the higher ones, this would be the main reason to upgrade.
    • ....suggested nanos found here.

3. Reconceal Ability:
    • It's what we do best, why not do it again!

4. Agent Damage:
    • The constant blank damage an agent deals isn't that worthwhile given how we are solely Aimed Shot dependant.

5. Nanocost:
    • We can't see why Nanocost was only introduced in the last 2 perks on The Made AI line. We need more of this to compensate for the Mimic costs, either by Agent-only items, and/or perks.

6. Symbiants:
    • This is every artillery-symb-user's call, and I'm pretty sure everyone is "annoyed" by this. We need some twinkage to the Artillery Symbiants I believe, especially the Left-Arm.
    • Access to the support symbiant line.

7. False/Assume/Mimic line:
    • An extention to the duration, being 20 minutes, to the line. That or changing the way mimic is hostile and how it operates.
    • If that was too much to ask for, then a mere refreshing of the currently casted mimic is highly required.

8. Perks:
    • They're slow and almost useless; would like to see some speed fixed to those DD perks. Yes, I'm talking about Assassinate/Death Strike.
    • Snipe Shot 2, Called Shot and Night Killer shouldn't depend on other profession specials to be used. The entire perkline is mostly left alone by agents because of this, and it is a well known fact that so called "profession combos" have been a huge failure.
    • Enchance the damage of Snipe Shot 1 and speed it up.
    • An upgrade (or new) of earlier perk lines with some sort of resistances against roots/DoTs/debuffs.

9. Armor:
    • Increased number of viable tl7 armor choices. CSS is great armor but completely out of reach for a lot of people. Agent Tier 3 armor is only good in some parts and mostly has bonuses that are incredibly useless until the armor gets near to ql300.

10. New Rifles:
    • If we want more damage, we want better rifles..

11. Fix the current Bugs:
    • The Glory on the Silenced rifle.
    • The proc mananagment on the SL Damage nanos.
    • .....linked.

12. Aimed Shot:
    • The availability of AimedShot in PvM through repitition without concealment, or at least a similar attack.
    • Reducing the ability by other professions to execute high or successful AimedShots. That or an alltogether removal from other professions.
    • An increase to the current 13k cap.

13. Graphicals:
    • Ability to hide "pieces" armor or the current profession.
    • Reworking as to how Ruse of Taren affects the agent (disregarding shrinking).
    • New/Different traces on our rifles.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; May 1st, 2007 at 04:07:14.
    General of Dark Front

Place reserved.

Please feel free to post if you have any questions or concerns that weren't clarified, or it would be prefered that you would send me a PM instead.
    General of Dark Front

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh View Post
    Ability to hide the cloak.
    What is this?

Thought it was clear, there- clarified it.
    General of Dark Front

important issues for me on my agent would be:

1. Damage- the squishy DD "ah my gawd DETAUNT!!" template doesn't work without this

2. New rifles, the high max dmg low min dmg 'norm' for rifles gets nerfed pretty bad in sl

3. Symbiants - Explains itself really.

3. Aimed shot, increase that cap 13k doesn't really mean much with the upped dmg/mob hp in SL

few fixes on these and i might put the imps back in vlad
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

Here we go, I made changes to the list above. Mostly stacking together points from different sections as I rather see it to be belonging together.

Opinions welcome.

1. Agent Damage:
    • The constant blank damage an agent deals isn't that worthwhile given how we are solely Aimed Shot dependant.

I'd rather put together other points in the list into this one. I do not really care how they improve agent damage in PvM. There are lots of possible ways and they won't give us all of them, so there's no real sense in asking for all of them in my opinion. We'd rather make it one point and give several possibilities how to accomplish it.

So the possibilities to raise agent damage:
    • Shadowland Damage Nanos: reduce the skill reqs of the higher nanos. They are unreachable for us anyways, but access to higher ones would increase overall damage at least slightly.
    • Shadowland Damage Nanos: fix the stacking of the SL damagenano proclines. The possibility to have both the DD and the DoT proc working would increase our overall damage at least slightly. (if not, at least fix the bug that the procs overwrite eachother each zoning )
    • Reconceal Ability: Give us some possibility to reconceal during fight. Make it a perk action, make it a higher skill lock on conceal - limit it in some way so we don't get too uber. That would give us a huge boost in damage PvM wise.
    • Perks: Fix the execution time of most perks - they are too slow. Most of the time the mob is already dead before any of our damage perks execution finished - wasted time. Make our perks land better - it's hard to impossible to land most perks on higher level bosses at all. It's hard to deal damage when your perks haven't even got a slight chance of landing.

2. False/Assume/Mimic line:
    • An extention to the duration, being 20 minutes, to the line. That or changing the way mimic is hostile and how it operates.
    • If that was too much to ask for, then a mere refreshing of the currently casted mimic is highly required.
    • Add a few more nanos from other professions that have been locked out so far, to increase the agent toolset.

OR (in case you insist on not fiddling with mimic)

2. New nanolines:
    • If mimic is dead as said repeatetly, then we need new nanolines that somehow distinguish the agent from other professions. Right now the agent doesn't give a team anything special. Our mimic abilities are rather useless in SL as we have no access to SL nanos and our damage is just mediocre compared to other professions - as those have gotten major boosts in the last years. Agent went from top of damage chain to a meager mediocre place. If we can't get more damage, then at least give us something that makes us worthy for a team - something why people would want agents in their team again.

3. Extention of Nanos:
    • The Agent root toolset died with the introduction of shadowlands, we'd like the root/dot line to be further looked into with new nanos that have their skill and landing ability twinked up.
    • The Ruse of Taren toolset would like to see an extention with added mods other than conceal and size as it gets further.
    • The Agility/Sense buffs have gone way outdated and would like a twink to it at higher levels.
    • Extenstion of the Take the Shot buff to another level, which is a selfbuff with more and useful modifiers.
    • The detaunt nanos currently have a 12 meter range. Could they be raised to for example 25 meters? That way they are still useful to us as a ranged profession, and we can use items to get it to 40 meters if desired.
    • Some access to the uncastable buffs which are set (such as the NCU line of a fixer).
    • SL evac nanos could use longer duration and better scaling on the duration. The fix that was done to them helped a lot, but they still lack a bit of useability due to extremely short duration. And there is little to no use spending IP on using the higher versions because the run speed increase is hardly noticeable. If duration scaled better on the higher ones, this would be the main reason to upgrade.
    • ....suggested nanos found here.

4. Armor:
    • Increased number of viable tl7 armor choices. CSS is great armor but completely out of reach for a lot of people. Agent Tier 3 armor is only good in some parts and mostly has bonuses that are incredibly useless until the armor gets near to ql300. Especially non-opifex agents have a REAL problem of leveling chosen armor to 300, because to even get remotely close to 300 you need a lot of rare items - pandemonium and such - which are out of reach for many people too. And since the boni on chosen armors do not scale linear, the armor is rather crappy for non-opifex agents (as they don't get it high enough). Add to that, that most don't have access to alien armor - and it leaves you with a major portion of the agent community totally gimped, because there's no other viable choice for TL7.

5. Symbiants:
    • This is every artillery-symb-user's call, and I'm pretty sure everyone is "annoyed" by this. We need some twinkage to the Artillery Symbiants I believe, especially the Left-Arm.
    • Access to the support symbiant line.

6. Nanocost:
    • We can't see why Nanocost was only introduced in the last 2 perks on The Made AI line. We need more of this to compensate for the Mimic costs, either by Agent-only items, and/or perks.
    Defect

Improved Deaths gaze (make it land better, but with fumble-chance)

Bump, keep the listing coming.
    General of Dark Front

In my opinion, our most important issues are:
    1. Damage: i pretty much agree with everything Satsh said. Is it normal that a Doc often kills an Inferno boss faster than an Agent? Of course not. I think we really need *all* of the damage-related improvements Onlymeh talked about in his post (plus the often suggested increased crit mod to 500 on the alien rifle)
    2. Suggested Mimic improvements.
    3. Support symbiant access and Nanocost reduction improvement (i like the "support" aspect of the agent)
    4. Nanolines extension, including Improved Deaths Gaze, update to our Roots
    5. Neglected perks update (Snipe Shot 1, etc)
    6. Aimed Shot improvements
    Finalizer Telperion 220/22
    Manager Laurellyn 125/5

Member of First Light

[Account Cancelled]

More concealment-points in the Shaddowsneak perk-line
    Speed-nanos should be able to execute while running and enchance runspeed beoynd the cap which is easy to reach for all with gsf
    Last edited by monique; Oct 29th, 2006 at 01:54:13.

i was wondering if we could get some sort of feedback

would it be possible to get a check list started of items on this wish list that funcom has agreed to do and implemented? i noticed on AO Mainframe that there apearantly are new agent agility nanos, i wasnt aware that there were. that way we can laud FC for listening to the voice of the people. lol. its also nice to know as soon as possible when/if something becomes available to your prof.
    Last edited by laserus; Dec 12th, 2006 at 22:26:00. Reason: rephrase for better clarity

a few more items

-----it would be nice if agents had their own shield buff line, especially given that they have so little health, it just makes sense. maybe im too much of a noob, but i usually am not using soldier false prof because my nanos arent high enough to use mimic, and by the time false profession runs out my other buffs need refreshing. i usually use MP false profession. so maybe at lower levels where it would make more sense to have a shield reflect and ac buff line would help most, say up to ql 100, at the very least, if not extended to 200.

-----it would be great if we could get a melee absorb shield line, similar to bio shielding perk line, to absorb melee dmg, as the root line isnt strong enough usually to stop something from getting in close and squishing me. it would buff stam, str, health, dmg point shield. if engineers can get isochronal shields, agents should get something similar, as the lowest isochronal shield COMPLETELY impitizes agents ability to pvp with them, given that agents main combat ability is AS.

-----on the more bizzare side, there should be something similar to the fixer grid for agents. not to take away from fixers or negate their specialty, this grid would go to less numorous places, but to the far outreaches of rubika. perhapse one agent grid point per zone, or less even, with extensions to the gardens, so if u want to go to a garden, you can, just like other professions can. there should be a quest for it as well, just as the fixer.

-----i would like to see a basic dodges buff line added, it would be best if it were built into ruse of taren line. i may be wrong, but it seems to only make sense that making the person smaller, would in essence make them harder to hit.

ruse 1--all dodges +100
    ruse 2 --all dodges +200
    ruse 3-- all dodges +300
    ruse 4-- all dodges +400 (if they come out with a ruse 4)

other great adds would be:
    speed +100 ruse 1
    speed +200 ruse 2
    speed +300 ruse 3
    speed +400 ruse 4

perception:
    +40/80/12/160
    add dmg:
    15/25/35/55

-----i would like to see multiple and various forms of attack made available to agents. agents are supposed to be multifacited, therefore, other attacks i would like would be "slit throat" where an agent would sneak up behind a mob and slit its throat, dealing massive dmg, but would require massive amounts of concealment to be successful. other people have mentioned i think making aimed shot no longer dependant on conceilment, which i aggree with, logically, theres no reason why an agent would not be able to make another aimed shot, whats an agent doing when he shoots regularly, ~not aiming? LOL then that would make way to introduce a new specialty shot based totally on concealment as aimed shot, but would require more concealment to pull it off, capped at 20k, with aimed shot repeatable capped at 10k. this is a reasonable change comparable with other professions abilities and newly added attacks and increased dmg. take for instance "fast attack" can be used repeatedly dozens of times in a battle, but not aimed shot in pvm. also a stunning brawl attack would be nice to get away from a melee mob.

so in a nutshell, fix agents aimed shot so its repeatable, and give us more variaty in attacks, such as real agents WOULD be.

-----i believe there used to be an item that would let an agent disguise his faction, that was taken out. bring it back as a long term hostile nano, such as an hour or so, that persists after death. i dont think i have to argue much about not only how cool it would be, or that how well it fits with agents character trait of sneaking around, because after all, Funcom, you thought of it first, bring it back! =D this nano would also allow the use of certain sided only armor, such as pilgrim, not that i would want to use pilgrim, its just that popped into my head first. obv sided armor such as faithful pads or sided shoulder pads quest would not be allowed.

-----agents can cast basic MP pets, so i think basic eng bots and crat bots are not out of line. this would take no developement to implement, as it would just take a simple reasignment of use rights in the database. this would allow for a wide change in the playing style of ppl, as some people might prefer using eng bot and shield buffs versus someone else wanting to use and stick with an MP style, or others still opting for crat. this would not be any more out of line than using mp pets because agents still would not be as good or better at making the bots as crats or eng, and would make the game more diverse and fun for everyone. Also agents should be able to use the trade skill buff line of eng like maestro of trader. also basic means up to slayer droid (lvl190), just as basic mp wrath incarnation goes up to like ql 140ish, the mp pet line should be upped to 190 too. above that would just be overshot. after lvl 120 or so the mp pets are worthless

-----ive stated it before, and now again, open up sl nanos of other profs to some degree.

-----it would be really nice if you allowed the fixer ncu hacker tool to be fp able. another thing that fixers have, that would be more appropriate for agents. it would make a great hud 2 item to fill in the gap.

-----i agree will the post about the nano lines being dark blue for psy mon and sens imp, what gives? TTS and UA which are our primary nanos both use those lines, thats just stupid. make those green also.

-----another rifle buff would help with the blank damage ppl have talked about, on a different line, +150 self only

-----a new more pwerful line of guns, if for no other reason than perenniums look dorky, and ai guns u have to be really really high to use them without being over equiped, where they start to begin to be more powerful than perenniums, the guns themselves could have adds to crits. that would be awesome.

-----open up the ma crit nano line all the way.....please. i know plenty of ma's that use a bow and get way more 13k aimed shots than an agent. i think thats a little off there. agents should be able to do 13k at least as often if not more than an ma. ppl have stated removing aimed shot from other profs, i disagree, let us use the crit buff line of the ma.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    do these things and the agent prof will have some clout once again. dont, and we will continue to be mediocre dmg dealing characters compared to others. i dont think that i am the only one that feels strongly about these changes, i think many others would say they would be cool changes.
    Last edited by laserus; Jan 21st, 2007 at 00:33:20. Reason: various

You know, this has been bugging me for some time, and today it was really driven home while i was using my full rest point.

Why are our cheep nano skills matter metamorphosis and Matter create?
    Very few of our nano programs use those two skills, we mainly use programs that call for Bio Metamorphosis, Time and space and sensory imp for the most part.

Why are our cheep skills, skills that are not the focus of our nano programs?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I like your "wish list" Laserus but i disagree on the MP pet suggestion. MPs already have a hard time finding teams and such...sure i'd love to cast belamorte at the end of mimic MP and then go doc for extra healing but that would make MPs even more "unwanted" so to say.
    The evades added to Ruse ideea is super nice considering there are people that target opponents in PvP by clicking (LOL) and would make evade setups viable again.
    I for one don't need more damage...what i'd like would be a fix on procs so i don't have to recast them every time I zone and maybe lowering the nano skills needed to cast them. Agent can already be a good DD but it takes a few sacrifices setup-wise.
    The special attack you mentioned seems to be a very nice ideea. Capped on 20k would make us tanks every time we use it tho
    A repeatable AS is every agent's dream...make repeatable AS capped at 10k and make it Fling Shot like, it's hit/crit chance would be based on concealment vs mob's perception.
    Access to support line of symbs would allow us to be more effective in every type of situation....OR improve Artillery symbs. I'd like to see Nano Init. added to brain symb...it would allow lower level agents to be more effective in using mimics.
    Access to some SL nanos other profs got. I'd like CI/CM/first SL doc heal/shade agility buffs(mimic shade, why not?)/NCU buffs.
    Fix mimic so that it's recastable and maybe lower the Nano Init debuff if there's no addition to Artillery brain symb
    More rifles! Give us a 300-500(500) with 1.5/1.5 attack/recharge speed, projectile dmg, 20 bullet clip, Fling+AS.
    Improve root/snare line! In SL they almost never land, in PvP almost never land...hell i can't even root myself with my top root. Agents should be able to imobilise their targets.
    Add perception/break&entering/trap disarm. buff stackable with the other buffs.
    Change the look of the improved Balaclava(LOL) it looks crap and we all know appearance is a must for us agents.
    That's about it
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

1. Evades
    Something on the order of 160 evades would be nice since most profs got 160 AR with the LE and we are the most affected since our evades were right on the brink of perkable for many profs.

2. Mimic
    Make it instacast and low nanocost, or increase the duration.

3. Perks
    Make The Shot/Assasinate/Deathstrike 1s or 2s execute time.

4. PvM Damage
    Our PvM AS mechanic definitely needs some work. As it is now re-ASing is a pain, very dependant upon lag, and not very consistent. (The system in pvp is fine, don't touch it.) Also, the min damage on our rifles sucks compared to other weapons.

1.Like Ixiaan said "Evades" but also more add all defence

2.Lightened Rifle/Aimed Shot skill dont understand how our rifles and aimedshot can be light blue and not green not like the extra boost is gonna make us overpowering(Since we have been using alot of diffrent rifles and with the fact FC allows agent the use of fling shot and albiet FS isent the best of specials why not lighten that one to green considering agents dont even max it but only as much as to equip to get a 6s capped fling)

3.Might sound to some a bit too much but lighten of one shade of color on FA and burst,considering FA and burst skills are missing on our symbs or add FA and Burst on areas where they are missing(either way FA/Burst is mostly PvP thing)

4.Extension and Improvement on Ruse lines,like laserus has said, add benefits and along with RS, Rifle, AS benefits add +evades on all 3 skills plus add all def. varying per Ruse 1, 2, 3, Along with that add two new SL ruses(something along the lines of it dosent take me 10 minutes to buff becouse I have to switch to my lowbie phaluks, my lowbie combined scout)something which adds more concealment and more benefits of evades, rifle, AS, add all def.

5. While this might sound a bit strange but I cant really understand why Opi has green sense and agility and soli/trox/NM dosent its not like having that bit more of sense and agility will boost massivly, and some will say but they arent supposed to be like opi but thing is alot of breeds have the same color on certain classes, and its not like I'am saying make the bonus look like Opi just saying make them green to lower IP cost.

6.Add some sort of agent only Hardcore CPU special item, that not only those it add +125 NCU, -25% nanocost, 100 nano init, seems agent lacks alot of NCU from using HCPU more so then other classes like say doc becouse they have support symbs which add NCU and ours dont.

7.Same like above except this time to the Viral Compiler, again agent dosent use support symbs

8.I know current mimics wont be changed but how about adding SL Mimics, these last 1 hour they require the same amount of stats as mimic(RK) and give the same negatives(maybe reduced by a quater?), I know some would say yeah 1 hour is a bit excessive but these would be more used for PvP and PvM, I know some agents mimic to give wrangles or doc buffs and dont want to wait one hour to change, maybe give them a 50 minute hostile and a 10minute friendly that allows rebuffing it cant be removed of course but can rebuffed or can be rebuffed with the RK mimic, say Shadow Doctor is in friendly you can use Mimic Doc and turn to DoC if you feel that your gonna go back to RK or something give some buffs out but plan to do it for a short while.

9.Increase time on RK buffs we got like 20-45 minute buffs why not increase time 1 or 2 hours maybe?
    Last edited by Achromic; Jan 27th, 2007 at 00:35:08.

I would like to see lowered recharged time on Joy of the Race/Hunt guns. Something like 1.5 sec. Still we would need ~1600 AS to cap it, not so easy to get this high AS skill with tl5 cap. And still something like 15sec AS recharge would be suitable. Maybe increase attack speed to 2.5 and recharge 1.5. Reason I am saying this is because this gun looks totally awesome and it has chemical damage which is pretty decent against Ado Hecklorz as i see it now its rarely used because when you can equip it AS recharge is tremendously low like ~40 secs and when you get reasonable AS recharge there are already better rifles out there.

Hello, I am relatively new to the forums and couldn't resist this thread:

How about a bayonet that can be tradeskilled onto the end of some rifles. Even taken off and able to swap different blades which would have different modifiers. Make that sharp object skill be worth something and also the sneak attack buff from UA. Some modifiers could be crit%, agility, sense, Snk Attack, Sharp Obj, meeleeAC, ProjAC etc.
    It can come in handy when waiting for AS recharge and be a deliberate stun. A special attack that shoots the blade and ammo at same time to do lots of damage.
    This might be a good SL nano to cast/create- like something spiritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Asyndion View Post
    Hello, I am relatively new to the forums and couldn't resist this thread:

How about a bayonet that can be tradeskilled onto the end of some rifles. Even taken off and able to swap different blades which would have different modifiers. Make that sharp object skill be worth something and also the sneak attack buff from UA. Some modifiers could be crit%, agility, sense, Snk Attack, Sharp Obj, meeleeAC, ProjAC etc.
    It can come in handy when waiting for AS recharge and be a deliberate stun. A special attack that shoots the blade and ammo at same time to do lots of damage.
    This might be a good SL nano to cast/create- like something spiritual.
    Bayonet with Snk Attack... you're talking 'bout an overpowered wpn for pvp, dude

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast