Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vlanice's Shade Guide

other perklines

imo u could also include some other commonly used perklines being carefull in battle, notum repulsor and.... uhmm, i'll tell u when i like get back ingame to check what group perks we have avail lol

Well, nice that u added SoFC, but u might consider that it's THE buff weapon for shades to get on CM armor l8r

Agggggg

I love my shade so far,, but lord have mercy, it is tough!!!!!!
    Lollipops are the best medicine EVER!
    Yup, I still make house/wilderness calls on Rubi Ka2
    ALWAYS wash hands after touching dead things.... they carry disease.

all that works pays off in the end unless your going to pvp. plus would shade be so fun to play if it was an /afk proff or took hardly any skill to play?
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

No pain no gain

Coming from playing an engineer for most of the time shade is a nice change in gameplay.

My shade only level 131 and going thru the ely heck hell argh!

One annoying thing about shades is the Piercing mastery perks "must be behind target" it's so annoying to get it to land in teams.

I still find it funny i can get killed by a green mob if i don't pay to much attention

More on topic: Perhaps include that "bloodlust" and "eye of the evening star"(ql120) are easy obtainable from elysium quests?

Even if I didn't read all of it I'm sure you did a good job. Just have to point out that I think opifex really isn't that great.

With our dark blue stamina it's a pain to get the 2 sec healdelta tick even with LE research and all nifty gadgets until you get a red belt, so I think solitus really is the best choise.
    Also falls behind on QL of CM for the same reason if you plan on using that, and with the add hp it is probably better then CC for a shade.

Easier to play opifex on the way up, higher spirits faster and all that, but in the end we lose.

But I said this before coffee so I might edit later
    ~*~ En bra lögn räcker längre än tusen röda rosor ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaniceshade View Post
    Intro: You might be wise to read this before reading the guide.

“Shades ain’t easy.”
    Every time I am in game and someone has to ask me how easy are shades, I go into nerf mode and want to slap them with a nerf stick. My typical response is “There is a reason why FC classified them as “HARD” on the character creation menu.” If you are considering creating a Shade as a first toon to make… DON’T. I say this to the general masses that have no idea how to play the game. I have seen hundreds create a shade their first time around and around lvl 30-60 they get discouraged and drop them. They do this cause they don’t understand that shades are not like any other class around.
    Yes they come with SL just like Keepers, but Shades are in a class all by themselves. Our goodies are limited. We get NO TOKEN BOARD. We can’t use implants. And, our back items are so limited it’s a freaking joke. If you are asking you what do I mean by all this, then you are not ready to play a shade. You can do it. Go ahead I don’t mind. But, don’t come to any other shade out there crying cause you can’t take it any more.

By Request of Iamhere I will try to make note for those that have high level support alts to fund their shade habit. These I will mark in red <if I remember to do so>. I may not remember to do so cause when my shade hit lvl 80 it became my high main, and I farmed a lot.

So, please read the guide to your indulgence. However: If you are offended in any of this it is not FC’s responsibility to monitor everything you choose to read in these forums. So bottom line, don’t whine and complain about it, either turn it off or complain to me. I wrote it.

Vlaniceshade.
    if i did'nt roll a shade as my first toon(well first was a froob nt to 30ish) then i probaly would'nt be still be playing

In the perk section; shadow, the perk action 'Blur' should really get a special mentioning.

You get it at the first perk tier, and it has a def check at 80%, making it easy to land, and an excellent steppingstone to start SP'ing. Especially(sp?) on aliumbosses.
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    In the perk section; shadow, the perk action 'Blur' should really get a special mentioning.

You get it at the first perk tier, and it has a def check at 80%, making it easy to land, and an excellent steppingstone to start SP'ing. Especially(sp?) on aliumbosses.
    its 95% evade close check
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Indeed it is... I stand corrected.

Lands amazingly often then, in pvm. Or maybe im just always ten points short ^^

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}

Lands all the time for me, you just need to take your def arms out :P

Blur's very useful from when you get it and even into the late TL7 range, when you're still fighting mobs that are way above your level and you're oh-so-short of perking them. However, once you get to 220 and twink out your AR, it loses its effectiveness, and just becomes a nice perk to use when soloing (during DoF downtime, chain it with Limber), and for a very small percentage of mobs, in fact, probably only one mob. From personal experience, I've been able to perk everything except Jaax Admirals with ~2400 AR, I believe those need somewhere in the 2500-2600 AR range to perk (speaking strictly about melee classes here ). Then again, when I make AI raid teams, I always grab a Keeper with Insight trained, so I don't need Blur to perk Jaax Admirals either, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Lands all the time for me, you just need to take your def arms out :P
    butbutbut, i might get agg then...... ^^

Deal with it!
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

I seem to remember some time ago levelling with you & you permanently opening with BS+PM... what happened :P

Anyway a shade with some CiB is a perfectly good tank even without bothering with SP, so for anyone who's feeling squishy you won't always be

i dont have cib and i get docs all the time asking me if they are bugged (meaning cant see meh hp drop ) some times doc can go afk and not even have to worry about me. other times doc is struglying to keep me alive because of the mob checking ar vs duck or ranged or just having some totally wicked ar
    Chaoticshade
    ...(220/23) Opifex Shade

Shade Professional
    Wish List
    Bug list

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12