g) Patience
    4) The Gear:
    a) Perks
    b) Armour
    c) Useful Items
    d) Buffs
    5) Notes on Particular Mobs:

1) Introduction:

Sometimes, oddly enough, you might find the urge to go off and do something by yourself, or perhaps you seek an additional challenge beyond the day-to-day challenge of tanking for the masses. This guide aims to give you advice on the skills needed to solo, the monsters you can solo and tips on how best to do it. This guide won't tell you who drops what, you can cross-referance that information with AO Pocket for the most part.

Despite what you may have heard, enfocers solo well at most levels and better than most other classes. While soloing as an enforcer isn't always easy, that doesn't mean it's impossible. The skills you learn while soloing while help you in other aspects of your game, such as pvp and high-end raiding.

2) Soloable Mobs:

There are more endgame mobs that an enfocer can solo than mobs an enforcer can't. This is a rough list of the mobs you can (and cannot solo). While there is no exact rules for any of these, (and whatever level anyone suggests, someone will say they did it 15 levels earlier, without kiting and only using a spoon ) these are just rough guidelines to give you an idea of a reasonable time to try these mobs.

Key:

Mob Name (first levels you should try soloing at) (type of fight) (kiting, or not kiteable)

(o) - Outlast
    (a) - Alpha
    (k) - Kite
    (nk) - Does not need to be kited
    (uk) - Unkiteable

A) Unsoloable
    - Lord of the Void
    - Xark
    - Razor
    - Zodiac
    - APF Endbosses
    - Urqhart the Absorber
    - Ian Warr
    - Peter Lee
    - Ris Lee
    - Inferno Drudges
    - Inferno Abbetors
    - Anansi Mobs (except for favourite)
    - Hezak The Immortal

B) Elite
    - Bigots (220) (o) (k)
    - Inferno Heckler Bosses (220) (o) (k)
    - Biodome Hags
    - Patricia Johnson (215) (o) (k)
    - Nelly Johnson (215) (o) (k)
    - PW Generals (218) (o) (k)
    - Scary Spider (220) (o) (k)
    - Mortiig Bosses* (220) (o) (k)
    - Anansi's Child (218) (o) (k)
    - Ankari Type Genral with Red Pets (n/a) (o) (k)
    - Corrupted Xan-Cur (220) (o) (uk)
    - Inferno/Penumbra Temple Bosses (220) (o) (uk)
    - Alien Heavy Patroller (220) (0) (k)

C) Very Hard
    - Tarasque (217) (o) (uk)
    - Kefalonia (220) (o) (uk)
    - 250 Dragons (220) (o) (k)
    - Corrupted Hsii Bezerker (219) (o) (uk)
    - Corrupted Xan-Len (219) (o) (uk)

D) Challenging
    - Creepy Spider (219) (o) (k, nk)
    - Afreet Ellis (219) (a) (k, nk)
    - Pande Spider Mobs (219) (a) (uk)
    - Adonis Temple Bosses (215) (o) (uk)
    - Arachnis (215) (a) (k, uk)
    - Inner Sanctum 3rd Floor Side Bosses (220) (a) (k)
    - Steele Filar (219) (a) (k, nk)

E) Standard
    - Merlin Dragons* (210) (o) (k, nk)
    - Eremite Bosses* (210) (a) (nk)
    - Hoathlan Bosses* (208) (a) (k, nk)
    - Anansi's Favourite (212) (o) (k)
    - Demon Bosses* (210) (a) (k, nk)
    - Greek Bosses* (205) (o) (uk)
    - Malah-Furcifera (208) (a) (k, nk)
    - Notum Scourge (211) (a) (nk)
    - Rimah Type General (n/a) (o) (k, nk)
    - Cha Type General (n/a) (o) (k, nk)
    - Jaax Type Geberal (n/a) (o) (k, nk)
    - IS Second Floor Side Bosses (218) (o) (nk, uk)
    - Conflagrant Spirit (210) (o) (k, nk)
    - Numiel (215) (a) (k, nk)
    - Estella Fire (213) (o) (k)

F) Easy
    - Scheol Temple Bosses (205) (a) (uk)
    - Trash King (205) (a) (nk)
    - Ankari Type general with Yellow Pets (n/a) (o) (nk)
    - Iilari Type General (n/a) (o) (nk)
    - Spirit Bosses (except Conflagrant)* (205) (a) (k, nk)
    - Fanatic Spirit Hunter (205) (a) (nk)
    - Obsolete Soul Dredge [I](205) (a) (nk)
    - Devoted Spirit Hunter (205) (a) (nk)
    - Chimaera Monitor [SIZE="1"](212) (o) (k, nk)
    - Inobak the Gelid
    - Inferno Dryads* (205) (a) (k, nk)
    - Mantis Queen (210) (o) (uk)

G) Super Easy
    - Adonis Dryads (190) (a) (nk)
    - Cerubin The Rejected (185) (a) (uk)
    - Ankari Type Generals with Green Pets (n/a) (o) (nk)
    - Adonis Hecklers (201) (a) (nk)
    - IS First Floor (205) (a) (nk)

3) The Techniques:

A) The Pull:

Learning to pull is probably the most important skills when trying to solo. Learning how to pull each individual mob will take time and experience, and probably a few deaths. In general most mobs have one or two "good" locations to pull to, quieter locations where there is a lesser risk of adds, trains etc. Some mobs are much easier to pull than others, for instance Aniitap's Shadow is about the easiest pull in the whole game, Tuq'usk and Ushamsham are also very easy pulls. On the other hand, Afreet Ellis is quite a nasty pull. Over time, when soloing you will learn how to handle each mob.Essentially pulling is very simple, you run up to the mob popping cocoon as you run, DoT the mob, then runn off and wait for the mob to come to you. While simple in theory in practise it doesn't always work perfectly. Your first problem is shaking the adds. In most cases, if you can't get less than one or two adds it is generally best to run off and try re-pulling. You can always loose adds with fear, and often lining adds up and fearing them off cliffs or into lakes/lava will help you no end. You can also use root grafts to root adds that can't be feared, although these don't last long and break rather too easily, but as a last resort they have worked for me a few times.

With your target mob Dotted you want to run away until the name turns light grey, then wait s econd or two, and run back to where the mob was. Hopefully runing out of range will loose the adds, and then when you get back into range of the target, the dot will tick over and the mob will trundle on to you. This isn't a perfect science, and mobs will periodically reset, wander off and get lost, or get stolen by other players . Hopefully though you'll get your target to the place you want to kill it. Note that if you stay out of range of mobs for too lng they revert to their "out-of-fight" state, during which they gain crazy healdelta (I've had mobs heal up several million HP on me before because of this) and ultimately reset. RK mobs do not reset in the same way as SL mobs I should note, and can often get lost as a result.

The importance of choosing a site to pull to is critical, for mobs you are going to kite, you need to pull to a site with something nice to kite around, such as a large rock, hut, tree, small hill or volcano. You also need an areas which is free of mobs that will aggro you too. The only DoTs we have are the IS/ToTW dot rings, and a couple of perk DoTs such as Crush Bone and Bore.

The pull is your most vulnerable point, you will have multiple mobs hitting you and you will be in motion, so unable to relayer. Once you complete the pull you can start getting into your fight rhythm.

B) Kiting

The main purpose of kiting is to give you time to heal up and let your perks recharge. You can just use a wide area to kite in, but given that there aren't many of these, finding a rock/tree/small hill to kite around is best. When you kite try to keep the mob's HP bar flickering between coloured and deep-grey. If you kite too far the mob will enter it's out-of-combat state and regenerate HP ridiculously fast.

You want to start kiting between 45 and 30% HP. If you start too late you'll catch hits and enter the zone where you walk slowly. Once you're there you're as good as dead. Also firing troll form before you kite is a big mistake. While you kite, save cocoon, you'll want it to extend the period when you're toe-to-toe with the mob, or to give you cover as you start.

When you start your kite you'll move into the mob's medium range and will get hit more and harder. I tend to get 1-3 largish hits at the start of the kite, hence the importance of giving yourself an HP buffer before you kite. For very hard mobs you'll be kiting non-stop only letting the mob get in range to perk.

C) Fear

Fear is your most usefull tool when soloing. Dominate Foe has a check and won't work on mobs with more than 460 psy (472 with drain psychic), it also won't work on bosses. However you can still use it on many adds up to and including in inferno:

Eremites, Spinetooths, Dragons, Hoathlans, Malahs, Small Spiders and Chimaeras.

With a couple of adds you can juggle them with fear. Ideally you want to loose adds properly, or fear them off a cliff or into somewhere from which they can't return. Adds will always do a 180degree turn before they run, so you can line adds up and direct their retreat.

D) Alpha-Kill

With alpha-kill type mobs the fight will be over before most of your perks recharge, so don't hold back too much. Don't use perks when they're not needed, but don't keep too much in reserve. The classic example of an alpha-kill type mob is the Notum Scourge. They have low HP, but hit hard, so you want to take them down as quickly as possible. Open the fight with all your perks and cocoon, then once coocon is down, spam layers on yourself and use perk heals and other defenses to keep you alive until the mob is dead. The other case of alpha kill mobs are mobs such as afreet, which has adequate HP, but hits hard so you want to push quite aggressively with your perks and defenses.

E) Outlast

Many of the mobs you will fight will be outlasters. They have a lot of HP and will survive multiple perk cycles. With these mobs you need to save all your perks until you really need them. Wasting perks will get you killed. Typically with these fights the pattern is to use cocoon around 35-45% health, and heal up under cocoon. Then you have to survive for 1:30 by spamming layers and using your heal perks. With these fights you want to save perks like Bio Regrowth and Lifeblood for emergencies, such as when the mob hits you with a nuke and stun, or a string of lucky hits. Aim to sit at between 65 and 85% hp and you'll do fine. Being too strict about staying at 100% hp will cause you to waste healperks. Bioregrowth heals for 10K, so if you haven't lost more than about 7K HP, it's really not worth using.

With really long fights, you will find that you cannot space all your defenses out perfectly, and so you will have some dead-patches where you have no heal perks or defensive perks. Try to prepare for these by keeping stuff like our first aid skill, emergency layers etc ready.

F) Layers and Mongo

Having decent NanoC.Init is ery important to an enforcer anyway, but insta-casting layers at full def is very hard (But not impossible). You need to find the point on your agg-def bar where you are happiest with the cast-time of your layers and the amount you get hit. Personally I like to fight around 0.25-0.3 def. When casting layers and mongo, there isn't any benefit to chaining mongo. The HoT will tick for 15 seconds or so, and in general I find I can cast 3 layers to one mongo. The nanocost on layers isn't huge, but if you don't have a 2 second nanodelta you may find your nano goes down over time. Still, layers are our main source of "healing" and being unable to cast them or mongo will hurt. When fighting on RK Rage will help a lor, and will let you cast your layers closer to def

I very rarely use challenger when soloing, you shouldn't need the AR, so al it really doe is help speed things up. Certainly on easier mobs I'll pop challenger before cocoon just to speed stuff up though.

G) Patience

Of all things being patient is one of the most important. If you rush with your defenses or heals you'll come up short later. Another dangerous temptation is to get sloppy when the mob is almost dead. Never forget that the fight isn't over until you see Remains of XXX. Once you're in your soloing rhythm it's easy to forget that the obs is still hitting you for 1-3K per hit, and getting casual simply because it is nearly dead won't cut it. A mob can still pop out a 4K nuke and 3K crit with only 10HP left, so don't waste your effort by being impatient
    Last edited by Kyai; Aug 28th, 2006 at 10:56:45.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

4) The Gear

A) Perks

Obviously soloing most mobs that aren't stupidly easy will require cocoon. You can try without, but no other perkline or perk can offer you the same benefits. The cocoon perk gives you 15-30s against mobs to fix problems and heal up. Against tough mobs you will need cocoon to heal and rebuff. In long fights you will probably find you need to rebuff. Note that for the 30s when cocoon is active, even if a mob has eaten through one or more layer type, you cannot cast layer nanos on yourself. You can't cancel cocoon and cast layers either, basically for those 30s you're making a small sacrifice. Additionally the inherent 3% reflect from the line, the BioHot and the 880 point heal are funadmental soloing tools.

You will also want your main weapon line perked. Although you don't need much to perk most mobs in inferno (1.9-2K AR should be enough), without damage perks it will take forever to kill a lot of mobs, and due to the recharge types, and the fact that mobs don't do consistent damage (due to nukes and other attacks) you can't perfectly cycle perks. Over time you will hit dead spots where all your perks will be in recharge, the more of these there is, the bigger risk you face. The more damage you do, the quicker the mob dies and the easier the fight is.

Stuns are next to useless when soloing since all boss mobs are unstunnable, and the stun perks themselves tend to do very low DD. On the other hand HP and especially heals are very nice. I have soloed everything I have soloed with no more than 23K/24K HP self-buffed. More HP is never a bad thing as it give you s a bigger buffer, and certainly for some fights (e.g. AI generals) popping the SL ess isn't a bad idea. The heals from the colossal health line will augment you a lot, but don't overlook the heal delta from form of troll either. Mutate is another nice soloing perkline, offering HP, two dd perks and a decent defensive perk.

B) Armour

Armourwise, you don't need anything especial. Obviously mercs is very nice, both for the AAD and the HP. However you shouldn't imagine for a second that not-having a full set of mercs you can't solo. I soloed a lot of stuff wearing a mix of strong, Azure and OTAF. When it comes to soloing perks and skill tend to count for more. If you want to optimise yourself, Mercs is the best for soloing. The Tier3 Chest is really nice as it adds a lot of HP, equally molybdenum armour is good "soloing" armour. I should note that, while enforcer evades aren't anything to write home about, at 220 with maxed evades and 520ish AAD (720 with highway) you will actually evade quite a bit, so this is another vote for mercs/strong/CC.

Other defenses such as crit decrease will obviously provide significant bennefits too. For nukers (particularly AI generals) HHAB is very helpful.

C) Useful Items

Soloing is helped a lot by gadgets. Apart from the obvious (trying to fight without first aid stims, and battle-prepared treatment kits would be a little silly) there are lots of other useful items. Shop-buyable stims are ok for most of the time, but taking some time out to farm high-QL spindles/stims from static dungeons and Inf/Pen missions and RK missions, or trawling the catacombs for stuff like life lichen will help you.

In terms of grafts, you will be wanting a reflect graft. When soloing at your limits it can be make-or-break, although it's not essential for all fights (a 220 enfocer can solo Creepy without reflects or kiting for instance). Playful cub is a nice choice, but not essential. Root grafts are fairly useless, although you'll probably have them for PvP anyway. They can be useful on bad pulls.

A Sanguisugent Body Armour is always worth carrying around for the fact that it gives a heal (albeit a small one) when used. Any healing is better than none, although since it requires melee.init to use, doc/crat-type mobs with init debuffs and catacomb mobs will prevent you using it. However many fights it will help with a lot.

Notum Focus is another really nice item if you have problems with nano.

Assault-Class Tank Armour One of the most useful items anywhere anytime for an enfocer, Gives you an instant 2K absorb when used, locks for 40mins.

Corrupted Flesh (or withered flesh from ToTW, they both give the same buff) gives you a 500point absorb when used.

IS DoT ring (for pulling)

ToTW DoT ring (for pulling, just as good as the IS ring)

Those items should give you extra bits and pieces of help when you need

D) Buffs

Simply for convenience I tend to solo self-buffed. Obviously getting stuff like HoTs/Doc HP buffs/GSF/RRFE/ACs will all help a lot. You don't really "need" any of those buffs though. Your most important buffs you already have, layers and mongo. Personally I also use wierd stuff like the generic damage and heal-delta buffs. they may not make a huge difference, but every little helps

5) Notes on particular mobs

- Eremites are under ground, and can be a royal pain to pull. Getting a map buff from an adv will help you a lot.
    - Some mobs nuke more than others in my experience, for instance I found Salapht hitting me with nukes a lot more than other merlin dragons.
    - Gelid is easy to kill so long as you can pull him away from Hezak (contributed by mamman)

Summary

Soloing is a fun challenge, and it's not without it's rewards. There's always the chance that as well as the satisfaction of beating a tough mob, you might get some nice piece of loot. I know when I got interested in soloing I ended up farming an entire inferno key set, of which all the mobs are soloable except for the Asae-Ya mobs. I hope this guide helps, if you have any questions, suggestions, revisions or additions feel free to post here

i) Appendix:

1) Lists of Bosses
    (right to left in rough order of decreasing difficulty)
    250 Dragons: Hawqana, Ishimk'imk, Ushap'ing, Waywaqa, Natsmaahpt
    Merlin Dragons: Salapht, Atakirh, Maychwaham, Ushamsham, Tuq'usk, Akshk'i, Maychwyawi, Isham
    Mortiig Bosses: Tuinissik, Aniitap, Pyiininnik
    Demon Bosses: Tuinissik' Shadow, Pyiininnik's Shadow, Chimera Trainer, Aniitap's Shadow
    Eremite Bosses: Noxious Eremite, Fetid Eremite, Putrid Eremite, Rotting Eremite
    Hoathlan Bosses: Ahomac, Asanon, Hebiel, Punctilious Hiathlin, Scrupulous Hiathlin
    Greek Bosses: Poros, Kalymnos, Mykonos, Sifnos, Naxos, Lesvos
    Spirit Bosses: Pursued Spirit, Incandescent Spirit, Enkindled Spirit, Torrid Spirit
    Dryad Bosses: Beast, Distracted Snake Tamer, Tyro Beasthandler, Apprentice Beasthandler
    Last edited by Kyai; Aug 28th, 2006 at 10:51:48.

Enjoying RK4

Cool thread.

Nice to know I fail horribly at enforcer soloing, as "Standard" mobs doable by a 212 are more or less impossible for me 220, with full AI gear!
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

The levels may be a little off, I can't recall the exactl levels I soloed everything at, but on the whole they should be roughly correct... I think.

Enjoying RK4

There really should be a SI standard for soloing as the hardest part is to define what is soloing and what isn't. Even lord of the void is killable if you can keep concentration up for 3-4 hours while "semi-exploiting" line of sight issues. (kiting around a solid object)

To me, that isn't soloing. This reply will be with that in mind, if I need to kite it around an object I can't solo it. This is from the perspective of a level 220 enforcer who is setup to solo fairly well.

- Biodome hags are doable, the last boss that drops key and armor to be kited, but he has crappy range so you don't have to get out of line of sight.

- Gelid the Inobak I'd move back to easy tbh, only the pull is a bit tricky, the mob himself is gimp

- Heckler bosses in inf are hard but can be done, I still don't kill them 100% without kiting, but more often than they kill me.

- All level 227 alien generals are doable (the level you get when you do a solo raid at 220) hardest one being ankari if it has big pets. Layers work extra well here as most generals hit fast but not too hard, and with many different damagetypes.

- On Corrupted Xan-Cur and Corrupted-Hiisi it plays a big part what level they are, a level 220 is not too hard, a level 230 is really hard, a level 240 sends me to reclaim fast.

- Corrupted Xan-Len will be a never ending battle I think as they can heal themselves for 1 million HP, I never bothered to fight one long enough to see if it eventually runs out of nano

- Conflagrant, Incandecent and Enkindled spirit I'd put as alpha type mobs even though they have a lot of HP. Their attackrating and dmg on the really hard hits they pull off every now and then has CurrentNano as attack skill, this means after they've nuked a couple of times they get much whimpier so you can happily spend all your defensive perks the first 2 minutes and still be golden.

- Tara could probably be bumped to unsoloable if you don't play on test as he has a lot of adds that hurt on the live dimension

On items to use, there's also Hacked Charged Nano Critter - Cancerous Burrower if you need to pull something really far and the ring isn't enough, pain to blitz and get hacked for a limited number of charges though, the ring usually does the trick.

Bracers of Reflection and Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended) Get them! These items means MUCH more than a full set of alien armor ever will. For inferno the best choice of bracer would probably be fire, but radiation is also very viable as mobs will both hit and nuke for radiation damage. (They tend to hit more often with fire damage however, and you can't use both as they go on the same wrist) I got all my bracers from opening boxes in CRU missions, mantis queen is also rumored to be a good spot to camp on.
    Also make sure you get a Boosted-Graft and not a Symbio-Graft, you need to redo the reflect every time you zone when you're in SL, boosted one locks for 13 minutes at QL200, symbio grafts lock for 43.

Assault class tank I've only used as an item if the mob is almost dead, and I'm also almost dead. It blocks your ability to cast layers for the entire duration so mid battle it might hurt you more than help you.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

The name is Inobak the Gelid, not Gelid the Inobak, and he should be quite soloable, unless you've put him in the unsoloable category simply due to the difficulty of pulling him apart from hezak.

Edit: doh, mamman beat me to it
    Last edited by Azza; Aug 24th, 2006 at 19:20:12.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Ohh, thats a nice guide. While it's way out of range of my tiny little end still, it's certainly interesting reading. And makes me want to level it even more

Moved some bits around. As far as the classifications goes, I stuck in the "elite" group as mobs which are soloable, but take experience, skill and top-rank gear, vs the unsoloable mobs which whilst soloable in theory or on paper, aren't going to be done in reality.

if anyone wants to suggest a level and type for gelid an the biodome hags that'd be cool.

Also I'm not sure where to put the mantis queen, probably standard or easy, but to be honest I've never actually seen her, so I'm not sure

If anyone has any other mob-specific pointers/tips I'll add those too, would like some more of those in fact.
    Last edited by Kyai; Aug 24th, 2006 at 20:04:50.

Enjoying RK4

Something I forgot, when pulling an inferno dyna, try not to cocoon, and use rage. Getting out of the camp and away from the adds fast is important, not using rage will hurt more than the 409 point dot.
    After you've dotted and ran away you might've taken some damage, mongo and sit down for megafat healdelta and you should be good to go again when the mob arrives, with cocoon fresh and reasy to use.

Other mobs of interest, redeemed cama/unredeemed vanya, around level 210 if you can pull them to a mongo safe area.
    Penumbra lifeforms for tier2 glyphs around level 201 (keep a lower layer ready if you can't cast FI while drained)
    Last edited by Djurmamman; Aug 24th, 2006 at 22:09:01.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

bio regrowth heals 15k

I'd say gelid is something like (205) (o) (uk)

and biodome hags:
    The placeholders (a) (uk)
    The denaturing entorc (o) (k)

not gonna guess on level for those because I don't actually have a high level enf, and I can't imagine how much harder it must be to kill the denaturing entorc as melee
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Yeah, I think ranged have a big advantage with the biodome mobs.

Something I forgot, when pulling an inferno dyna, try not to cocoon, and use rage.
    Would you say that for all mobs? I think for some of the sketchier pulls like afreet or Medusa, if you don't have cocoon up when you pull you'll get killed really fast. But I'd agree for most pulls where the adds aren't so hard or numberous

Enjoying RK4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Yeah, I think ranged have a big advantage with the biodome mobs.

Would you say that for all mobs? I think for some of the sketchier pulls like afreet or Medusa, if you don't have cocoon up when you pull you'll get killed really fast. But I'd agree for most pulls where the adds aren't so hard or numberous
    Also some mobs have weird pathing and you may have to pull it to a better pathing area slowly. Apprentice Beasthandler is like this if you try to pull it down the hill. If you get to far it will stop and run down the path past the bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Cool thread.

Nice to know I fail horribly at enforcer soloing, as "Standard" mobs doable by a 212 are more or less impossible for me 220, with full AI gear!
    Try again. There seems to be a lot of randomness when fighting. Sometimes I can kill a dyna without using cocoon/bio and my hp never drops below half. Other times, the same dyna will take me down to 25% and I have to cocoon/bio to finish. This is when self buffed and using the same equipment. So maybe you just got unlucky when you tried.

Great thread
    But, has Medusa Philanderer been tried, and is it possible?
    I can recall him being a bi*ch to kill
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Well, all mobs I solo or kill duallogged with enf/shade. This includes aftreet/medusa, level 250 spinetooths, mortiigs and hecklers, aka most of the harder inferno pulls. Can often lose 15k HP when pulling them but I still find it much more worth it to have cocoon ready when the bossfight starts. Those 15k can be healed up by mongo/healdelta/fast recharge perkheals before the mob has arrived and cocoon is down.
    If you have a doc waiting at the spot you pull to saving cocoon might not be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcon
    But, has Medusa Philanderer been tried, and is it possible?
    I can recall him being a bi*ch to kill
    I have tried and failed on medusa :P
    I need to either kite him around something or duallog shade for aao, init debuffs and dmg to kill him. His HP is pretty low so if you can take him down fairly fast it can be done without external heals.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

Quote Originally Posted by Djurmamman View Post
    - Tara could probably be bumped to unsoloable if you don't play on test as he has a lot of adds that hurt on the live dimension
    I know I once solo'd tara for 20% or so till clanners found out... it is easy

But you can better get it out of the list because you really wont be able to kill it all by yourself
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

nice guide!! i try to solo alot in SL. and alot of tips in there that may make my soloing easier. thanks for the info!
    Senor "Beefstreet" Bum Member of Mjolnir Setup
    Atrox Enforcer 216/17 RK1
    Bum "Beefburst" Jr.Veteran of Mjolnir Setup
    Atrox Soldier 190/8 RK1

This is definately one of the best guides Ive ever had the pleasure of reading.

Good stuff Kyai.

Its also nice to know that Im on the right track with my enfo =)

Under Perks, Imho Genius is a must have for soloing.
    Its saved me countless times when I get that occasional mob that takes just a bit longer and I find myself without nano and hp dropping. Layers/Mongo are god, altho totally useless if out of nano.
    Last edited by Halfzipp420; Aug 26th, 2006 at 09:51:38.
    Baked420: 156/3 trox Enfo on Rimor
    Account Created: 2005-02-15 15:17:08
    >> Equipment Setup <<
    Eve Online:
    Lady Mugze - Caldari - Civire
    CEO/Fleet Commander - The Dank Crew

Ex EverQuest player turned PotHead
    turned WoW dev turned bitter angry AO player.
    Student at: The Game Institute

Quote Originally Posted by Halfzipp420 View Post
    Under Perks, Imho Genius is a must have for soloing.
    Its saved me countless times when I get that occasional mob that takes just a bit longer and I find myself without nano and hp dropping. Layers/Mongo are god, altho totally useless if out of nano.
    Seconded, until you get 2s nanodelta tickrate which as trox you might never get unless you really want to.
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast