Thread: Opifex

Opifex

How much will it gimp me if I roll a Opifex enforcer?

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    Search helps a bit --> Search stuff

If you are new to AO roll Solitus or Atrox imo.

If you know your stuff opifex is fine.

Basically:

Opifex
    + More evades
    + Easier to self-cast stuff at 220
    + Easier for symbs

- Slightly less hp (insignificant amount)
    - Low stamina (makes it harder at lower levels)

However, I think Solitus is now the best breed with Sphere / Survival and even easier than opi to put symbs in I believe?
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

+ Easy 2 second nano delta tick (any non-trox gets this)

- Lack of mango rage and wit of the atrox
    - Slightly lower natural AR than atrox with all melee weapons

I always found tier armor a pointless waste of creds, time, and equipment slots, so stamina wasn't much of a worry until I started equipping CM and later ofab helmet and back.

Any breed of enf can be set up to perform his PvM duties very well, and there's not much difference in difficulty between breeds. (NM might be a bit easier because of DeValos sleeves, and trox might be a bit harder due to gimped psychic).
    Hlep gnak!

my new opi enfo has not had any problems as of yet in pvm (even without doc he could tank ely hecks at lvl95 just fine selfbuffed)

admittedly i was lvling with orgmates who know very well how to play their toons and aren't newbs; unlike a lot of people at ely hecks lol

if i was to plan an endgame enfo from the start, it would be soli: the lack of a disadvantage seems to be the advantage atm, however opi also has its bonuses, evades is one also the secondry genome perk that reduces the target for 5% nanoskills rawks

however just go with what feels right for you, as far as breed is concerned i dont think theres any "wrong" choice: its weather or not YOU like it or not that matters the most.

You should probably take into consideration. Opifex enforcer will be seen as a gimp. You'll have a harder time being taken seriously in teams (till they see you work your magic)... if youre a lazy enforcer, be prepared to be kicked from team quickly and replaced with anything... even a trader. If you're focused and stick to the job, you'll be famous We dont have alot of "awesome opi enfos". Basically, alot of risk, but if you play hard, your enfo's name will go on a very short list
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by ruken View Post
    You should probably take into consideration. Opifex enforcer will be seen as a gimp. You'll have a harder time being taken seriously in teams (till they see you work your magic)... if youre a lazy enforcer, be prepared to be kicked from team quickly and replaced with anything... even a trader. If you're focused and stick to the job, you'll be famous We dont have alot of "awesome opi enfos". Basically, alot of risk, but if you play hard, your enfo's name will go on a very short list
    I don't think this is true anymore, that other breeds are seen as gimpy for enforcers by the rest of the population. The vets - old players - know that they are not gimpy based on breed, and newbies don't know anything other than what they see. Gone are the days where people message you saying how much they respect your effort for not going trox

Actually I think my statement rings true for all professions. A nanomage soldier, a trox nt, they all "can" work. You just need to work a little harder at ruining their perception of it. I'm sure a nano enforcer will work as well, though I dont know anyone who attempted it, and succeded (220)
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Actually I think my statement rings true for all professions. A nanomage soldier, a trox nt, they all "can" work. You just need to work a little harder at ruining their perception of it. I'm sure a nano enforcer will work as well, though I dont know anyone who attempted it, and succeded (220)
    There have been a few now that have made themselves a name. Personally I'd roll a nm enforcer before opifex.
    220/30 Atrox Enforcer
    President of Hells Heroes
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    (in regards to blunt fixes)

I am now carefully watching to see when Scoope resets to 2he...then i will patch out the fixes. ;p

I tend to assume any enforcer I team will be a misrolled keeper, spamming self-NSD to improve his damage and not having the nano delta to maintain aggro on the off chance he should try. This seems to be true of more troxes, but then again, there are more trox enfs.

Always refreshing to find an enf who plays as an actual tank, regardless of breed.
    Hlep gnak!

I present to you; Nanomongool
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Please refrain from touching yourself in public.