Thread: Fear in pvp

Fear in pvp

Read in another post that fear is working in pvp. Has anyone tried it? Had it happen to me at tara, but at the time didnt know it was fear.

Not even sure I have any fear nanos uploaded or what reqs they have in landing them.

right now it only involved omni trox SB.

Tried it in Tir arena. Said "You can't use this nano right now", and Target psychic not below 460. Don't think its working on pvp.

Edit: Did some reading and saw the post you saw. I tested on a tl7 doc. Doub't I can find anyone that is attackable who has low enough psychic. Might end up working for lowbie pvp, but if thats the case, and if it stays, would require new fear for end levels.
    Last edited by Wantsumore; Jun 24th, 2008 at 14:58:35.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Wantsumore View Post
    Tried it in Tir arena. Said "You can't use this nano right now", and Target psychic not below 460. Don't think its working on pvp.

Edit: Did some reading and saw the post you saw. I tested on a tl7 doc. Doub't I can find anyone that is attackable who has low enough psychic. Might end up working for lowbie pvp, but if thats the case, and if it stays, would require new fear for end levels.
    I thought fear was always usable (simply looking at the requirements to use a long time ago). But the problem being, as noted, everybody having too high of psychic unless you're doing it at low level. Plus the fact most people don't know the fear line has a debuff.

fear used to have no effect on players b4 (except for the debuffs n such the nano had with) but ya..

I propose a trade of our 50k taunt for removing psy check on our fear nanos

Lower lvl enfs have tested this out and fear does make people run around unstoppable.

This is what means said on the issue:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Player-targeted fear effects have been under development recently for hopefull inclusion in a future update. Unfortunately that surprise has been spoiled by a sneaky code issue creeping into the 17.9 update.

There is future intention for fear mechanics being introduced into pvp...but not until considerable testing and tweaking has taken place. Neither of which has happened.

We will be removing this little glitch at the first available oppourtunity...but a polished version of it will be back in the near future.
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    oO nice we get fear!

Guess they were just taunting us with the new nano in 17.9, no pun intended.

Hopefully a < 1000 check or something to make it land-able - debuff or something.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

Really wonder how this will affect pvp in duels, BS.. etc
    Would work wonders against doctors... if you cant kill em.. keep em occupied
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Do the monkey-dance with me!!!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional