Thread: 2 things i would love to see...

2 things i would love to see...

So there I was reading through one of the new game magazines, and what do I come accross, but a add for a new MMORPG. well I read it, but it doesn't really appeal to me cause it's fantasy, and I am sick to death of fantasy...sci fi is why I play AO, and is why I stay....so far...

Anyway, in the add for this game (and believe me I know all about these games not living up to their adds ) there were 2 things there that I thought to myself "if these were in AO it would be fantastic (not saying it will fix the problems with AO, but they'd be nice additions)

1. "tools such as grief log, kill on-site lists, bounty hunters, no anonymity and player locator greatly enhance player accoubtability" - I would love to see some way to make players more accountable for thier actions, and how they behave in the game.

2. "Complete personal housing system allows players to build thier own cottages, houses, villas and citadels" - Maybe this is not a big thing for a lot of people, but think of it...build your own guild house.....run a tavern...you built......

well.....I can dream anyway......
    AO is not just about pvp, or Rp or power lvling. It is about whatever the players choose to bring to it. Don't make it personal against one of these groups because you feel nerfed by the game company.

Atlantian: "Jesska Rhees" - lvl 153 Crat - retired
    Rimor: Krazee "Lilyflie" Madness - lvl 103 ENF - semi around again

I love the first, the second would be a pain to add in detail though, and RK doesn't have enough outside real-estate stuff for everyone to have a house

Hmm, there still are lots of unused little houses here and there...
    Who wants his own personal little cottage in the deep end of Clon****, with Larvas and Bluebags around to hunt on Sunday afternoons?

Okay. Now bounty hunters would be a great idea. Would change a little from current PvP, between area ganking (errm did I just say ganking?) and this upcoming tower booster (urrrgh what a pain it'll be to defend our guildhouses/towers/whatever... especially when in guilds where Pvpers ain't the majority). And also, it'd give more interesting things to do from player to player. You made a hell of someone's life, this someone's gonna look for his god Fixer friend, who'll direct him/her to notorious bounty hunters, and... let's have fun now
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --