Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Agent Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final Draft)

Exclamation Agent Profession - Concerns/Wish List (Final Draft)

Finally, I have found the time to compile all of the current running agent concerns and wishes into a complete list. Hopefully, I haven't missed a spot.

Please feel free to comment or ask for additions to the list in the same post or via PMs to me. Note that this is a draft and will be replaced within 3-5 days into a unique post.

Note:

List is going to be closed on Friday 22.00 EST (17.00 GMT)
    Make sure you post all your ideas. It's going to be closed for processing.
    Last edited by Onlymeh; Aug 23rd, 2006 at 21:48:22.
    Onlyman Level 220/23 - Agent
    General of Dark Front

1.Shadowland Damage Nanos:
    • The stacking bug aside, these nanos require so many skills to cast; making them utterly unusable as they tend to be a destructive IP sink. That being mentioned, we'd like the bug fixed either way .

2. Extention of Nanos:
    • The Agent root toolset died with the introduction of shadowlands, we'd like the root/dot line to be further looked into with new nanos that have their skill and landing ability twinked up.
    • The Ruse of Taren toolset would like to see an extention with added mods other than conceal and size as it gets further.
    • The Agility/Sense buffs have gone way outdated and would like a twink to it at higher levels.
    • The detaunt nanos currently have a 12 meter range. Could they be raised to for example 25 meters? That way they are still useful to us as a ranged profession, and we can use items to get it to 40 meters if desired.
    • Some access to the uncastable buffs which are set (such as the NCU line of a fixer).
    • SL evac nanos could use longer duration and better scaling on the duration. The fix that was done to them helped a lot, but they still lack a bit of useability due to extremely short duration. And there is little to no use spending IP on using the higher versions because the run speed increase is hardly noticeable. If duration scaled better on the higher ones, this would be the main reason to upgrade.

3. Reconceal Ability:
    • It's what we do best, why not do it again!

4. Agent Damage:
    • The constant blank damage an agent deals isn't that worthwhile given how we are solely Aimed Shot dependant.

5. Nanocost:
    • We can't see why Nanocost was only introduced in the last 2 perks on The Made AI line. We need more of this to compensate for the Mimic costs, either by Agent-only items, and/or perks.

6. Symbiants:
    • This is every artillery-symb-user's call, and I'm pretty sure everyone is "annoyed" by this. We need some twinkage to the Artillery Symbiants I believe, especially the Left-Arm.
    • Access to the support symbiant line.

7. False/Assume/Mimic line:
    • An extention to the duration, being 20 minutes, to the line. That or changing the way mimic is hostile and how it operates.
    • If that was too much to ask for, then a mere refreshing of the currently casted mimic is highly required.

8. Perks:
    • They're slow and almost useless; would like to see some speed fixed to those DD perks. Yes, I'm talking about Assassinate/Death Strike.
    • Snipe Shot 2, Called Shot and Night Killer shouldn't depend on other profession specials to be used. The entire perkline is mostly left alone by agents because of this, and it is a well known fact that so called "profession combos" have been a huge failure.
    • An upgrade (or new) of earlier perk lines with some sort of resistances against roots/DoTs/debuffs.

9. Armor:
    • Increased number of viable tl7 armor choices. CSS is great armor but completely out of reach for a lot of people. Agent Tier 3 armor is only good in some parts and mostly has bonuses that are incredibly useless until the armor gets near to ql300.

10. New Rifles:
    • If we want more damage, we want better rifles..

11. Fix the current Bugs:
    • The Glory on the Silenced rifle.
    • The proc mananagment on the SL Damage nanos.
    • .....linked.

12. Acrobat/Bioshield/Slough:
    • We would like all of this in 1 little perk that recharges every 10 seconds. Ok maybe not....
    Last edited by Onlymeh; Aug 21st, 2006 at 17:21:18.
    General of Dark Front

I'll use this space to periodically update the progress of this draft.

Add:
    -Under AimedShot: The availability of AimedShot in PvM through repitition without concealment, or at least a similar attack.
    -Under AimedShot: Reducing the ability by other professions to execute high or successful AimedShots. That or an alltogether removal from other professions.
    -Under AimedShot: An increase to the current 13k cap.
    -Under Nanos: Extenstion of the Take the Shot buff to another level, which is a selfbuff with more and useful modifiers.
    -Under Nanos: Ideas taken from Tenkx's post (located here).
    -Under Perks: Enchance the damage of Snipe Shot 1 and speed it up.
    -Under Graphicals.: Ability to hide the cloak.
    -Under Graphicals.: Change the tracer on Razorback. (Pfft, Vince)
    -Under Graphicals.: Reworking as to how Ruse of Taren affects the agent (disregarding shrinking).
    -Under Graphicals.: Fixing the Pelise of Elysian Nymphs graphic on Solitus Male.
    -Under Misc.: Agents gain an ability to hack opponent's channels and broadcasts.

Remove:

Fix:
    -Stress point: Bug fixtures.

Comment away!
    Last edited by Onlymeh; Aug 24th, 2006 at 11:42:53.
    General of Dark Front

since sl release, the extension to our fp line of nanos never changed. i would personnaly like to see at least a couple of the sl nanos for the different professions be attainable for example... the first or 2nd doc heal. we would be more viable helpin out if we had a slight higher heal due to the increase of hp everyone got with sl. in no way would we be able to come close to the current high level doc heals... mabey even an umbral or so.

for pvm, any profession using a backstab special can do multiple backstabs as long as the mob is not attacking them, yes its slower for them but i would really like to see this looked into for our aimed shot.
    Mouadiib - Crat (220) - Main
    Crishian - MP (220) - PVP MP
    Willitankit - Enfo (220) - I wanna sammich!
    Haliy - Doc (220) - Research galore... fun fun :/
    Xaii - Agent (220) - In hiding
    Vindeta - Engi (220) - TS Engi
    Vindetta - Soldier (220)
    Nisset - Shade (220)
    Mouaa - Trader (220)
    Rochambau - Froob Fixer (200)
    Lliaa - NT (126) - Ely kit xp powerlever
    Miserii - MP (100) Formans twink
    Kahluafix - Fix (60) GA3 totw twink

Added that up.
    General of Dark Front

Main reason I ditched my agent was damage, in the low levels it is fantastic fun to shoot off a huge AS and go "woohooo... ohhhhh ****" then run around kite and detaunt until whatever just lost half it's head to your bullet stops wanting to break you in two

In a pen mission etc I have to really try to aggro anything... or CH, adding an absolutely huge cap on AS and upping some DD perks in speed would be great in my opinion, might even make me play my agent again
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

id like to see a nerf on aimed shot being used by other professions.
    so annoying having profs with the biggest alphas ingame take out a nova mk and cap an as on ur.
    but maybe im asking too much

Updated. Yep, Bal- damage was already there though.
    General of Dark Front

Mimic was killed off when SL came, leave it dead, we will not be able to use the SL nanos of other professions effectively.
    After the introduction of SL agents have gotten nothing in the way of new defences, and with the viability of mimics diminishing while other professions get more and more offencive and defencive tools. This calls for a severe reblancing and additions to the agent professions in the next expanision pack, to keep the proff remotely competitive.

I have written this untold times now, as it need to be brought up before LE goes beta(2020?).
    In the light of that the list we got atm, is full of bugs from start of SL mostly, shows the amazing priority/capacity Fc have on fixing bugs/balance issues. So I wouldnt get my hopes up.

On the realistic side, the chances of an expansion coming out before they get to close to launch of AoC to bother with AO at all, is quite slim.
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Onlymeh
    1.Shadowland Damage Nanos:
    • The stacking bug aside, these nanos require so many skills to cast; making them utterly unusable as they tend to be a destructive IP sink. That being mentioned, we'd like the bug fixed either way .
    Not to mention the nanocost. Simply a killer for trox, restoring almost the entire nanopool after you cast it is annoying.

7. False/Assume/Mimic line:

* An extention to the duration, being 20 minutes, to the line. That or changing the way mimic is hostile and how it operates.
    * If that was too much to ask for, then a mere refreshing of the currently casted mimic is highly required.

Extending durration is the least helpful way to fix this problem. I think being able to refesh the fp you are in only to the same fp would be much, much better. a slight extension to time would be fine but the mechanic needs to be changed 1st and foremost. And on my list of priorities this would be #1 -- although not sure if your list is in order of importance.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

I believe I forgot to mention this, but here I go. This list is a mere draft, an unfinished story, it hasn't been processed or seen any prioritization of any sort. The list before you is in COMPLETE RANDOM order.
    General of Dark Front

Updated. Yep, Bal- damage was already there though.
    It's not in size 72 font with sparkly lights round it yet though.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator
    Main reason I ditched my agent was damage, in the low levels it is fantastic fun to shoot off a huge AS and go "woohooo... ohhhhh ****" then run around kite and detaunt until whatever just lost half it's head to your bullet stops wanting to break you in two
    4. Agent Damage:
    • The constant blank damage an agent deals isn't that worthwhile given how we are solely Aimed Shot dependant.
    It was already there. Unless you were refering to aggro and detaunt effects; I believe we already have those means.
    General of Dark Front

Vipr is having isp problems and sent me to tell ya "SS1 is free of any dependencies, it's just slow as hell" edit: also the same for called shot.

and damage should still be in size 72 font with sparkly lights round it imo
    Last edited by Balneator; Aug 21st, 2006 at 17:20:47.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

Yes, most of the wishlist is compiled from earlier wishlists. Apparently, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V is still far more superior than I am.

Kudos to him, and it's corrected.
    General of Dark Front

Yes, most of the wishlist is compiled from earlier wishlists.
    PLAGIARISM!!!111one!
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT

Quote Originally Posted by Balneator
    Vipr is having isp problems and sent me to tell ya "SS1 is free of any dependencies, it's just slow as hell" edit: also the same for called shot.

and damage should still be in size 72 font with sparkly lights round it imo
    It doesnt make the perks 'good' though.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Perks:
    Assasinate and Death-Strike is a tad too slow to excecute. (edit: removed called shot from here)

Cloak-feature.
    Hide your current profession if you wish too (so no-one will see your "mode")

increase or danger-factor ^_^
    Last edited by monique; Aug 21st, 2006 at 20:36:30.

Noted and Updated.
    General of Dark Front

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast