Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolled a new fixer, saying hello

Rolled a new fixer, saying hello

Hi all, my fixer is at lvl 19 now, I'm having a lot of fun with him. I think this'll be the char I level all the way to 220. Anyway, I'm reading all the info here on the boards where to put ip's and so on, but any general tips would also be appreciated. Say hello if you see me, my fixer's name is bigtime, and yes, he has a 'fro
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Hi! Welcome to the Fixer profession

Even if you don't level your fixer all the way, any subsequent character you try and play, you'll definately miss your fixer's evades and runspeed.

I guess the biggest tip I can give you is that even at low levels, if you're up against a tough mob and it starts looking like the mob might win the battle, slide your agg/def bar all the way to defensive. Even moreso than with most professions, this will increase your defense more than it decreases your offense. Combined with the now elongated battle meaning more Heal over time ticks, you can kill some much nastier critters.

For best experience per time, however, fiddle with your agression bar until you can kill mobs continually with little or no downtime between them.

Hy and welcome

Enjoy your stay to the fixer uber fun time
    Willnotfix's old account, was used by Moonman for a few days. Original owner may one day use this account again .

Wise choice, You won't regret it

Hello!

What dimension are you on? If you are on Rk-2 give a shout sometime. I prolly have a few items in my bank I could hand down to you for future use! Feel free to send a tell anytime.
    Mongolloyd 185/16 Soldier

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=391085

That should answer pretty much any question you'll have for along time. If it doesn't, don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the community.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.

Thanks for the responses everyone, Aratink, that's a great link, lots of info there, got my nanoprogramming interface equipped. Kaelan, I'm on rk2, I'll send ya a tell. I need all the help I can get. See you all in-game.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Gratz on rolling a fixer! The Fixer is probably the most fun profession to play. You get a bit of weapon, a bit of healing, and ALOT of runspeed and you can be anywhere fast!

If I could give one bit of advice...Keep the highest AoE snare possible. In the early stages (not in SL though) the snare is a life saver. By the time you hit 100 you will be able to snare most everything on Rubi ka, thus be able to kite & kill it.

Biltzing is your friend too. You can make so many credits with a fixer blitzing to the boss...fast

Anyway, good luck with the fixer.
    Linkee 220/21 Omni, Atrox Fixer

The first to not be first at anything....

One more tip:
    If you want to level to 220 forget about the whole GA nanoline and save IP for more usefull things.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awi View Post
    One more tip:
    If you want to level to 220 forget about the whole GA nanoline and save IP for more usefull things.
    Or at the least, either way, don't put anything into MC until/unless you happen across a GA nano, preferably IV. I don't really think it's worth spending the money for (a year ago when I last looked at prices on it it was worth 250m on RK1, but I think prices have come down slightly...probably 150m or so now), but it's certainly worth the 2-3 levels worth of IP into MC that you need to cast it, at least until level 150 or so, provided you spend any remarkable time on RK.

The last time I used my grid armor was when I was farming tokens for my 1k board. I'd run through the mission building up the biggest train ever seen, pull them all into one room with me, turn auto attack on, and go watch tv for 10 minutes.

I'm not sure if I would have un-froobed myself if I hadn't experienced grid armor. Ironic, really, since once I had the expansions I rarely put it on again, but I suppose it's an argument for grid armor feeling like true fixerdom, which didn't come in SL until much later.

And really, what else are fixer IPRs for? MC's the only skill i've ever reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaks View Post
    And really, what else are fixer IPRs for? MC's the only skill i've ever reset.
    If you ever ding 220 and decide to pvp you'll find out there's much more use to it.

thanks for all the suggestions.. dinged lvl 23 this morning and reset mc..moving along nicely..

Welcome to you...

Fixer is a great profession i have tested all and its the one with wich you will have the more fun
    Dark1947 220 / 30 Fixer 1rst fixer AI 30 on Rimor

Advisor of Devil Inside : still looking for new players and pvpers... More info at Devil Inside website here

Actualité Geek et High-Tech Place4Geek.com

Fixer Guides : Low HP setup, PvP and reflects-
    ----------------Tips & Tricks for PVP with your fixer against all profs
    ----------------QL 300 AI eye without burden & without gunship

Quote Originally Posted by lightsider View Post
    thanks for all the suggestions.. dinged lvl 23 this morning and reset mc..moving along nicely..
    careful with them resetpoints, resetting after only 23 levels won't net you alot of extra IP's.

And enjoy your fixer, after a while every other profession you play will 'feel' ackward and/or slow

->Sethic 220/30!/70 - Equip - Tetnman - Proud President of TETN / Hunter of Gridmonkeys - Atlantean
    ->Grittlez 2xx/29/6* - Equip - ex155.
    ->Vaithic 150/20/** - Equip - Euthanasia through means of oversized cannons (ETMOSC tm).
    ->Vaithe 150/15 - Sleeping...
    ->Wrangletit - Billy Bob Monocle - Grumpy salestrox and carry-all.
    -> Some alts not worth mentioning

TETN <3
    Server first to say "GUUUHUHUHUHN" out loud.

hey all, I thought I'd go ahead and post my current stats for your perusal and feedback:
    Lvl: 23

All basic abilities: strength, stam, etc are at 79 except for sense, which is 78;

Body dev: 113
    Nanopool: 110

Ranged- MG/SMG 134
    Burst-113

Speed- run speed 121, dodge ranged 123, NanoCinit 106, ranged init 116, evadeclose 56;

Trade- Complit is 106

Nano and aiding-MM-118, psychomod-117, time/space 105, first aid 114, biometa 97, MC 32(the one I reset), sense imp 109, treatment 108

Spying- B&E 61, perception 42 (I'm wearing a range meter and a NCU Hacker Interface)

Nanos-lesser nanoboost, no escape possible, passive distributed entanglement, scatter bonds(self), relieve salve, limited grid jump.

Armor: Thar's circlet, tunic, trousers, gloves, and one sleeve(going back to sl swamp for the other today) newcomer's boots.

Weapon- Mauser particle streamer ql 12.

Perklines-dark kin(I have powerbolt), SMG mastery, enhance DNA.

That's it, any feedback appreciated. BTW, I know a short hot is missing, I'm short on cash atm, should have it later today. Thanks.

I used good old OT-carb and Vagabond cloak until I managed to squeeze into preds and sws II

Um when is acrobat doable? Think I was after it and DS more than anything else (ashamed but cant remember when)
    Last edited by Kaylinne; Sep 7th, 2006 at 18:35:46.

Looking at your info, I would say that a QL 50ish Mausser Chemical Streamer is very possible. QL 12 is a tad on the low side at that level
    Better yet, try for a Perennium Beamer (QL 50). Its easily doable at your level with decent ql 50+ implants and a wrangle.

Be sure to use an Omni Med Suit (adds to treatment) to squeeze in to higher QL imps.

Edit: if you are on Dim2 and you need a hand, give me a shout
    Last edited by Ludo; Sep 7th, 2006 at 23:41:41.
    Ludozee 195/8 Fixer, RK2 [Equip]

Tribute to Wrangeline's tier-armour post

Dutch and Proud

Proud General of Unlimited High Society

"My pantaloons are full of weasels. Inform the queen, so that she might shoo them away. Here we go 'round the mulberry bush. Go monkey GO!"

well, I decided to re-roll my fixer as opi instead of sol(kept the name "bigtime" tho and I'm glad I did; I rolled him today, caught the best subway team I've gotten since I started playing, and dinged 22 with him in a few short hours. got all my ip in the right place and didn't use any reset points. Now just a matter of making some cash and rolling mishes for the right items. Thanks again all for your feedback

i'd stay soli if i were you

Nah, real fixers are grey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast