Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will soldiers be getting their much needed luv patch before the booster?

I do just as good damage as the 1hb enforcers. And when we get that 1he buff, Rider/Byom will be able to rival other types of weapons.
    It's your choice to use a 66/33. If you think the Attack matters that much, either max both skills, or just get something like a Ithaca...

Originally posted by Phione
    I do just as good damage as the 1hb enforcers. And when we get that 1he buff, Rider/Byom will be able to rival other types of weapons.
    It's your choice to use a 66/33. If you think the Attack matters that much, either max both skills, or just get something like a Ithaca...
    Phione, that comment about "max both skills" is kind of silly, of course we all have it maxed! The point is conflicting cluster slots for one. The real issue is that Atrox soldiers, for one, have horrible psychic and int caps, so we can never get RE anywhere near our AR skill.
    Borxet

The problem is that not everyone max it!!!
    jeez... I mean take a look at 1he enforcers, a bunch of them are afraid of the so called HW ip sink, thus they don't "max out" HW as soon as possible.
    Of course I know about the cluster conflict. 1he and Heavy Weapon are conflict in every single way.

Also, it is your own FREE WILL to choose atrox as your breed... If you have trouble with it, who's to blame?
    Also for weapons... you guys complain about not doing enough normal damage??? well, you have that insane Alpha, what else you want?? If you want something, you have to give up something else.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Intrepid

These stats are from the 10 most wanted lists on rk1 and rk1 for clan and omnis by prof with most on there first number is total of top 40 second is the % of the top 40

Sorry but the stats don't lie and they certainly don't support your opinion that soldiers suck in PvP. Only 13 of the top 40 PvP people are soldiers eh?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted by Cindrax

Are you HONESTY this much of a flaming moron?

Do you think your "analysis" *COUGH* of a whole 40 people is indicative of the situation for TENS OF THOUSANDS of players?

Give me a break dude. That is totally idiotic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW this will be a real flame

How the **** is that a flame?? An analysis based on facts funcom has provided us. that analysis is not indicative of all the soldiers in the game your right. But it is indicative of the potential of soldiers in PvP. Is it my fault you can't PvP worth a flying **** and belong in BY1 with all the other newbs. Perhaps its not the prof which sucks ass but the player??? I know i can't PvP i have not put much effort into it because i choose a prof which i knew at the outright sucked ass at PvP. So do i claim my prof is horribly gimped in PvP because i cannot do it??? hell no even though its common knowledge engies suck at PvP there are not many screams to be fixed because most of us knew thats the way it was at the outset and accept that. I know i suck and have no illusions of being a neo as long as i am playing my engie.(not anymore actually) you on the other hand think you have the god given right to be uber in PvP because you choose a soldier. In the perfect PvP world everyone should beat everyone equally. Soldiers are already the top PvP in everything but 1 on 1 solo conflicts. With bracer nerf next patch soldiers should be unbeatable unless they are teamed up upon. If you are still having problems PvPing then perhaps get up from your computer for once go to the washroom and look in the mirror. There you will see your problem. comon Cindrax go on and say it i know you want to. soldiers should be unbeatable in PvP in every single situation imaginable. Okay you finally got it out we can stop posting on this thread now.

/me casts reactive harmonic cacoon and dons 2 ql200 physics bracers.

Most soldiers will find this post offensive but it was just to show newba up there what a real flame is. not intended on the rest of you.

Oh and don't tell me you aren't a newb mr Cindrax level 81 gee thats like what 40 hours of AO playing?? Not to mention from your skill level it sure looks like you were one of those players who sucked up that Xp from powerleveling alts. Man i had a higher level soldier then you(admitedly 7 months ago)
    Last edited by Intrepid; Aug 25th, 2002 at 07:23:35.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

---
    In the perfect PvP world everyone should beat everyone equally. Soldiers are already the top PvP in everything but 1 on 1 solo conflicts. With bracer nerf next patch soldiers should be unbeatable unless they are teamed up upon
    ---

rofl there is no real "large scale" pvp conflict.

Camelot is "alpha them as they come through the door" and 2ho is zone in/root/killed. All (or 99%) of those soldiers in the list got their positions when UVC was not MA only and yes, 1:20 secs of 46% crit percentage was a lovely thing to behold.

no longer tho..

no longer

is cz`s post surprising to anyone ? i dont know the answers to the soldier`s professional report, the engineers basically got an " your already uber, how DARE you ask for more ? ". so i dont expect anything to be done to them. btw most of the new 14.5 items look like stuff for the expansion, dont they ? im not sure how much of them will be patched and -available- on live (without shadowlands).

well phoine people have plenty of IPRs if you are smart with your char so they shouldnt be scared to pump HW.
    2nd most people would choose high lvl doc for PvP. Complete heal is absurd in PvP heh.
    and 3rd id rather have 80/40 and dual skill weapons in addition to 1skill weapons
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...

Originally posted by Kaltark
    ---
    In the perfect PvP world everyone should beat everyone equally. Soldiers are already the top PvP in everything but 1 on 1 solo conflicts. With bracer nerf next patch soldiers should be unbeatable unless they are teamed up upon
    ---

rofl there is no real "large scale" pvp conflict.

Camelot is "alpha them as they come through the door" and 2ho is zone in/root/killed. All (or 99%) of those soldiers in the list got their positions when UVC was not MA only and yes, 1:20 secs of 46% crit percentage was a lovely thing to behold.

no longer tho..

no longer
    In the booster in like 3 months large scale PvP will become a significant part of the game. Unless Fc screwd it up that is

And as for 99% of soldiers well i don't know about that atleast 3 if not more of those soldiers have got on the list since the crit nerf(3 weeks ago there were 10 soldiers now 13)
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Phione: I don't understand why you keep posting here, do you think 66/33 weapons are as good as 100% weapons? Well I can assure you that the soldiers who have been using them since release (well... since the freedom arms nerf anyways ) understand that since the soldiers only advantage is in his weapon skills (however feeble that advantage is), having a 66/33 weapon that blunts his attack rating is a serious disadvantage.

And insane alpha? It won't kill anyone in pvp... scratch that, a uber twinked low lvl pvp soldier could probably kill a first time character trying out pvp, with an alpha... if they were nano mage that is . The alpha strike has been nerfed a bunch of times, halving the max damage from the fa, burst nerfed, weapon switching nerfed, guns nerfed, ect ect. And for pvm firing off a 100-10000 fa every 20th mob hardly has an impact now does it?

And intrepid, are you still trying to justify that soldiers don't need any love? The reason soldiers do well at group pvp, isn't because they rock the house. It's because unlike docs (who are the first to be targeted) soldiers arn't that big a threat, added to that we're a tough nut to crack which takes 1:20 to kill, most people target other more dangerous proffessions to kill first. Cause they know that a soldier goes down like a ton of bricks when they finnally turn their attention to one. They know that while a soldier may get one 100-5000 fa in, their regular damage is less then many other proffessions are doing.

And trying to justify a soldiers uberness by what MAY be coming in a booster that MIGHT be released this year.... or well into the next is kinda pathetic too.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Like I said before, if you have issues with your attack rating, use a Ithaca then... You have the freedom of choice, no one forced you to use Heavy Suppressor.
    As for insane Alpha, can you deny the fact that YOUR gun does a much greater alpha than most other professions around?? THAT is an advantage.

any other profession can use our guns at an effectiveness level far far to enar our own. Watch those Casters using CHS's unleash an alpha the same as a soldier.

Melee can also unleash a "alpha".. sneek attack, brawl, dimach, etc

everyone can have "alphas" more or less equal to a soldiers.

As for choosing a pure-AR.. I'm all for it if there was a viable one, sadly there is not.

Also, it is your own FREE WILL to choose atrox as your breed... If you have trouble with it, who's to blame?
    Also for weapons... you guys complain about not doing enough normal damage??? well, you have that insane Alpha, what else you want?? If you want something, you have to give up something else.
    Like Sredni said, it's kind of silly to try and talk to you, because you can't grasp some basic FACTS.

I will say this though. I played an Atrox in BETA 4, and this character since release. How was I to know that he would be gimped? There are no advantages to an Atrox, only negatives. The tiny HP bonus we get is almost non-existant. If you are wondering why I am only 133, it's because I quit for 10 months, and have come back a couple of months ago to give it another shot.

The alpha strike has been reiterated 50 times. Any class can alpha as well as us, and being an Atrox makes has no benefit on alpha strike, yet it seems like you're trying to say that Atrox somehow have better alpha strikes than other breeds.

Pretty much all of your points are flawed, not flaming, just letting you know that your perception on the situation, is not really correct.
    Borxet

The only reason I start posting in this thread is because of the fact that you guys don't know anything about enforcers, and yet start running your mouth about enforcers.
    I can tell you right here right now that FC intended to allow 2 skill-based weapon to do better damage at the same attacking rating, period.

Rider/Byom does more damage at the same attack rating than Alloy/Pipe according to weapon evaluator. Same goes with your heavy Suppressor and, let's say, Ithaca.
    For specials, Enforcers doesn't have the spare ip to max Dimach, making it useless in combat
    Also, sneak attack is nowhere close to full auto.

EVERYONE has spare IP's after the title 5 cap, Hell I'm even close to capping AS/Dimach/Brawl just for some more specials, but this will mean my CHS will go into the backpack forever (or at least until funcom decides in its infinte wisdom to give us a FA buff)

and sneak attack can hit for 10k just like FA or AS, I've seen it.

The only reason I start posting in this thread is because of the fact that you guys don't know anything about enforcers, and yet start running your mouth about enforcers.
    I can tell you right here right now that FC intended to allow 2 skill-based weapon to do better damage at the same attacking rating, period.
    Finally! *FC intended to allow 2 skill based weapons to do better damage at the same attack rating, period.*

This is exactly why we soldiers are complaining about our weapons, because there are weapons using "other professions skills" that are single skill attack rating that do more damage than our 2 skill weapons. The X-3 is the best example of this. And I'm only talking ranged here. Melee weapons doing more damage than ranged is acceptable, as there is a disadvantage in having to get up close.

Why don't I just pick up rifle? (Or an Ithaca as you keep saying) Because theese skills are green (+4 per level), the availability of buffs for theese skills compared to the classes that were designed to use those weapons and other things, we would end up with an even lower attack rating with theese guns.

For a long time we have asked for a weapon that is 100% AR or 100% RE that can stand up to a 100% rifle, 100% smg or 100% shotgun in terms of damage. But for some reason this seems to be unacceptable to the general playerbase.

How is mentioning that enforcers have higher attack ratings running my mouth off? I suppose I should have been more accurate and stated that 2hb/1hb enforcer (which encompass 90% of enforcerdom) have higher attack ratings then soldiers.

And if you'll check my sig I do have an enforcer, I'm not talking out of my ass about this.

I suppose I should also mention the fact that a soldier using a shotgun would still have less attack rating then an ma, enforcer (1hb/2hb), fixer, advent, trader, and agent.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Firstly, NEVER compare with MAs. They had been greatly enhanced, and is the highest damage dealer around.
    So what IF you did played an enforcer? Have you ever dueled with other enforcers at your lvl?? have you tried all the different types?? If not, then chill out and stop talking like you're so experienced with Enforcers.

btw, in order to support your viewpoint, how about providing some evidence or testing results?? Why don't you post your Attack Rating right here and let's compare with 1hb/2hb/1he enforcers at your lvl and see who's has higher numbers??? And use these numbers in AG's weapon evaluater and see who does the best damage??

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast